• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

gdt

When has Artie ever interviewed anyone? He and Robin just pop up with useless questions once in a while.

Jube3

gdt5016 said:
When has Artie ever interviewed anyone? He and Robin just pop up with useless questions once in a while.

Yea the only time Artie really gets involved with the interview is when its a comic he knows or a celeb hes big on. Howards interview skill is just awesome, he has a knack for turning it into a normal 1on1 convo. I dunno how many places you would hear about Brad pitt cutting up a brick of hash for quenting lol.

Jube3

nocode said:
Robin is now loosing weight by putting magic beads behind her ears.......she is waaaaaayyy out there man.

She was pretty brutal on scott man lol, is there really another vacation week? Damn

Leunam

nocode said:
Robin is now loosing weight by putting magic beads behind her ears.......she is waaaaaayyy out there man.

What the fuck ? :lol

And is there a bigger asshole than Ronnie? The whole time I wanted JD to say "cancel the show." Jesus he is a dick.

Jube3

Leunam said:
What the fuck ? :lol

And is there a bigger asshole than Ronnie? The whole time I wanted JD to say "cancel the show." Jesus he is a dick.

I dunno if you missed it or not but JD came back and said Yes cancel the show which howard did :lol . The wrap up show was hilarious with Ronnie in there. Also boooooo @ another vacation week.

gdt5016 said:
Robin has officially lost her mind. She's nuts.

Oogga booga! Lol.
The beads behind the ears thing is just off the charts nuts. I don't know how she can lay claim to any semblance of sanity at this point. I loved it when Howard read out the story about how the exact same scam had just been banned in the UK and she just completely ignored it.

gdt

I loved when Ralph called in a couple hours later (after everything was talked about) and goes

"wait wait wait, WHAT is Robin doing again?"

It's so ridiculous.

Darren870

Gary Whitta said:
The beads behind the ears thing is just off the charts nuts. I don't know how she can lay claim to any semblance of sanity at this point. I loved it when Howard read out the story about how the exact same scam had just been banned in the UK and she just completely ignored it.

They had the magnets for cigs also...heck the show even promoted it. Its probably the same exact magnets and now they are just marketing them for weight loss.

Robin needs to be tied to a chair, Clockwork Orange style, and forced to watch every episode of Penn & Teller's Bullshit.

Of course, it wouldn't make a difference, because she's just as batshit insane as Intelligent Design believers and other religious nuts that she makes fun of.

ZeoVGM

Banned
beermonkey@tehbias said:
Robin needs to be tied to a chair, Clockwork Orange style, and forced to watch every episode of Penn & Teller's Bullshit.

Of course, it wouldn't make a difference, because she's just as batshit insane as Intelligent Design believers and other religious nuts that she makes fun of.

wut.

I'd rather have them work three days a week every week then this crazy summer schedule where they seem to be on vacation more than at work.

gdt

johnsenclan said:
I'd rather have them work three days a week every week then this crazy summer schedule where they seem to be on vacation more than at work.

It's actually the same schedule they've had for years. Even before satellite radio. They just kinda bunch up around this time of year.

I can't wait to hear what Howard has to say about Letterman now. I actually think he might not do the show again. Howard would bring the whole thing up with Dave, and Dave might not exactly want to talk about it :lol .

Jube3

Fight week was pretty good, I cant get tired of them busting on eric norris lol. Im surprised the baseball throw wasnt on there. It wasnt a fight but it was an epic ball busting.

Leunam

Damn, can't stand Robin, especially when she's in an argument.

My favorite segment of the week was Howard pissing everyone off in one sentence. Don't think I'm able to do that to my friends.

gdt

Leunam said:
Damn, can't stand Robin, especially when she's in an argument.

My favorite segment of the week was Howard pissing everyone off in one sentence. Don't think I'm able to do that to my friends.

I'd have to agree.

The Artie, Gary, and Fred ones were BRUTAL.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
howards gone when the dave letterman shit hits. perfect timing as usual :lol

gdt

Has anyone here ever called in/played a game over the phone?

Howard always gives away the money, even if they lose :lol .

Leunam

Were they supposed to go on vacation this week? Maybe something popped up.

Also, and not quite Stern Show, but there was a caller on the repeat of the Wrap Up show that said Artie is terrible at stand up but great on the show. That's pretty much exactly how I feel. :/

gdt

Leunam said:
Were they supposed to go on vacation this week? Maybe something popped up.

Also, and not quite Stern Show, but there was a caller on the repeat of the Wrap Up show that said Artie is terrible at stand up but great on the show. That's pretty much exactly how I feel. :/

They just had today off, they're back tomorrow.

I would've hoped they'd put together another special, I generally enjoy those.

gdt5016 said:
You gotta be shitting me.

REPLAYING LAST MONDAY'S SHOW?

Dude I took a few years break from Howard and am now able to listen again. I don't care about his contract, this is not the old Howard, he is phoning it in.

The hurrying people up and "let's get this moving along," throwing the crew out of the studio during good radio, is constant.

I am a Howard and Bubba fan I don't listen to anyone else, this is sad, I predict retirement.

nocode

Leunam said:

His stand up is absolutely terrible. I saw him in NYC last year, and it was the same exact jokes that he has told for the last 10 years. He is funny on the show, not during stand up.

gdt

Gary Whitta said:
1) Let Howard retire
2) Give Richard & Sal their own Tradio prank call channel
3) ??????
4) Profit!

I can't even imagine what I would do without Howard on the air. I've been listening to him since 7th grade :/.

nocode

gdt5016 said:
So...what're we thinking guys?

Drugs or valid?

I say drinking, and sick. He said one time how freaked out he was about turning older than his father was when he died. It was also his birthday this past weekend.

Jube3

Yea my guess is drinking + taking the rest of the week off to play it off as sick? Thats what it felt like lol.

Heres to hoping he stayed sober though hehe

Chinner

Banned
i'm envious of you guys, i really enjoy the howard stern i listen to on utube but i'm in the uk so i can't listen to his show easily : (

Top Bottom