• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so close to the 100 Arena win streak, and now I may end up losing, not to a crash, not to a whale, but to unforeseen circumstances! There's nothing Gumi can do that can compensate me for this.

Well, think of it this way. The trophy gain for the streak is 500 lapis, right? If GUMI gives us 500 lapis as compensation you could actually double the trophy reward by getting the streak next week.

It's a stretch, but I guess it's a silver lining.

The only thing I'm personally missing out on today is TM and event farming. If they give gears as compensation, I'm fine. If they give a moogle, I'll actually end up better since I wouldn't have had to numb my brain runnning ES all day. So I'll hold off judgement until the final compensation is announced.

If it's something truly tragic like lost units or progress... well... eff that noise.

LucaMac

Yeah we did.

Those are the only 6 guaranteed hours that I'd be in bed for crying outloud... (Still not gone yet tonight...too annoyed)

I just got Frep to work for the first time the night before and actually got to use it properly yesterday too. I'd just made TM farming an actual possibility...I got it so flawless that it didn't crash and it was actually quicker than manually running earth shrine...

...bets on it not working when/if the server comes back up?

tuffymon

Saw on the ffbe fb page (someones post)

G ame
U nder
M aintenance
I ndefinitely

You just weren't paying attention... ouch

Saw on the ffbe fb page (someones post)

G ame
U nder
M aintenance
I ndefinitely

You just weren't paying attention... ouch

Oh man thats too good

Whew.... I thought we would just weather the dark times but it seems they are here to stay awhile longer

Lets review

Last update borked the arena with infinite orbs

The latest event blows. They made barely an effort in balancing the FF13 units to be viable in global

And now this

This is quite the rough patch man. I do hope they can bounce back cuz i still love the damn game and want it to be good

forgrim

At a certain point they have to go home too ... They cant work for 24 hours straight...ot can they. I work in an industry that limits our max work to sixteen hours due to dangerous lack of focus when we are tired.

Alkez

Well, think of it this way. The trophy gain for the streak is 500 lapis, right? If GUMI gives us 500 lapis as compensation you could actually double the trophy reward by getting the streak next week.

It's a stretch, but I guess it's a silver lining.

It's less about the lapis and more about the time, effort, and ultimately luck. I don't really have a strong team so I have to pick the weaker opponents, hope they're not a secret whale, and then hope the game doesn't crash. I hadn't lost all week and had got lucky 96 times. I don't want to have to go through all of that again.

Iceman829

Well looking on the bright side of things I can drive home in peace (besides the traffic) and go workout and not have to worry about playing until later.
I'm ready for the 6hr extension later

At a certain point they have to go home too ... They cant work for 24 hours straight...ot can they. I work in an industry that limits our max work to sixteen hours due to dangerous lack of focus when we are tired.

"They."

I can't help but imagine one dude who's in charge of applying the translated patch with orders dispatched from Japan who ended up rm -rf'ing himself without any backups and literally no idea what to do now.

Syntsui

In this line of work, they have to have someone working for the game all the time. If they don't they are even more incompetent as a company.

tuffymon

Oh man thats too good

Whew.... I thought we would just weather the dark times but it seems they are here to stay awhile longer

Lets review

Last update borked the arena with infinite orbs

The latest event blows. They made barely an effort in balancing the FF13 units to be viable in global

And now this

This is quite the rough patch man. I do hope they can bounce back cuz i still love the damn game and want it to be good

I'm actually worried, each patch lately has been progressively taking longer, and we've been having more and more issues too. This nearly full day (and maybe longer, we don't know) is pretty terrible.

LucaMac

Holy crap...I just realised that they are doing the Duncan Principal psychology experiment from Community on us...

The hypothesis in the Duncan principle is that the more power lost by the ego, the more drastic the outburst of the subject when it has reached its breaking point. They will prove this by provoking the test subjects to frustration by constantly pretending that the test will have to be postponed by 5 more minutes (4 more hours)...but there is no test (the server isn't coming back) and they just want to see how much we freak out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FylJY8qT3eM

Just be Abed guys. Just be Abed. 26 hours is when they break and we win.

chrono01

We were talking about it (and you lol) at the end of OT2 and how maintenance was 3 days lol.
I missed the end section of the OT2, haha. I guess I'll go back and read it!

Was it really three days? Damn, I guess my brain mentally blocked that out. Let us hope the same doesn't apply here. :(

Edit: Yes, my luck has always been bad. >_<

It's less about the lapis and more about the time, effort, and ultimately luck. I don't really have a strong team so I have to pick the weaker opponents, hope they're not a secret whale, and then hope the game doesn't crash. I hadn't lost all week and had got lucky 96 times. I don't want to have to go through all of that again.

Ah, gotcha. I totally understand and went through the same thing getting my 100 streak. Fingers crossed next week's arena rules suit your units and you won't need luck.

What senior programmers?

Theyre all gone
what? of course they're still there, we even have a pic of one.
0becd799330739b656c990546ddaee1a.jpg

robotuw

Reddit's uncovered a currency drop increase with the update. Hope it's by a decent amount (maybe 3x Gumi? to match your blatant price gouging?) .

Edit: To be clear, 3x is my own guess. We have no numbers on what the drop increase actually is. 3x would actually be overly generous since not all event item prices rose by 3x, and the JP version did not last two full weeks.

It seems even the senior programmers are having a hard time fixing this fuck up, huh?

I'm willing to bet that most / all of the senior programmers recently left, and that's why we're having these issues, because nobody knows how to fix anything. Seen it happen before.

Reddit's uncovered a currency drop increase with the update. Hope it's by a decent amount (maybe 3x Gumi? to match your blatant price gouging?) .

LMAO I totally called this. This isn't an increase, this was the normal price all along, they just gimped it the first week to make you think this would be the norm and force you to overspend for things that would be easy to get the following week.

Xion86

Dammit :( I'll be asleep when the game comes back up again...I really hope the maintenance extends until the morning here in the UK :p. Was really hoping I'd be able to use up NRG and Orbs before bed.

This is starting to get quite amusing though I must say :).

LucaMac

LOL. I haven't seen community in so long. Completely forgot about this ep.

You got me before the edit..damn you. It was 26 hours. It really was a class act. Shame it got so trodden on and torn apart. Cutting off the corners of a square peg to try make it fit in a round hole...

leehom

Feel bad for everyone who farmed the event prior to the update. From 100 to 300 gears is a significant jump.

tariniel

Feel bad for everyone who farmed the event prior to the update. From 100 to 300 gears is a significant jump.

Really happy with my decision to only do enough to get the daily quest done.

I have Lightning and 3 Sazh, + friend Lightning... think it'll be alright.

Azuran

Banned
Can I get a free Lightning as compensation? I'll even be happy with a free Miyuki if Gumi wants to cheap out.

leehom

If servers don't come back before the Facebook event ends later today, do we all get 3 gigantuars and 1 ticket?

Edit: To be clear, 3x is my own guess. We have no numbers on what the drop increase actually is. 3x would actually be overly generous since not all event item prices rose by 3x, and the JP version did not last two full weeks.

Are we sure?

I think its fake guys but great if true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom