• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

wow the way you get to the true ending in p4 is absolute bullshit

it's so strange that this atlus chose to make the game a fucking minefield on the final arc, it's like freaking simon's quest or something

found it tho, i guess i'll see what's there tomorrow or when i have more time

No one ever said the path to the truth would be an easy one!

Tizoc

I really done't get Xrd releases. Is Rev 2 a sequel or an expansion? Does buying Rev 2 means you'll get the contents from Sign and Revelator? Does player base is split up between games?
Rev 2 is an expansion like going from super sf4 to ssf4 arcade editon
You can either buy the dlc or on consoles at least buy a retail release of rev 2

PaulSane

It appears that today is my birthday, which means it's time for a small giveaway :)
I was hoping to get a couple of "bigger" game codes for this occasion, but couldn't get those in time, so it will have to wait for later.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga -- MB-FC5FFB762C510FFB - Taken by Diedac. 8 entrants total.
Star Wars: X-Wing vs TIE Fighter - Balance of Power Campaigns -- MB-CD55FF98AF02D97D - Taken by Megauap. 4 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-80F90E347FD9766D - Taken by sixteen-bit. 3 entrants total.
Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance -- MB-051DA17D789B31C6 - Taken by laserlaser. 6 entrants total.

t1487314566z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Lucius -- MB-2B0DA036FDB2430F - Taken by data

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Lucius -- MB-2B0DA036FDB2430F - Taken by data

Just realized I put the wrong code in this, I'll PM the right one to whoever claims it.

I really done't get Xrd releases. Is Rev 2 a sequel or an expansion? Does buying Rev 2 means you'll get the contents from Sign and Revelator? Does player base is split up between games?

just to add to what others have said. each vers. has its own story mode if you're into that stuff

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just to add to what others have said. each vers. has its own story mode if you're into that stuff

Not GG (well I guess the same could be asked for GG) but are Blazblue's story modes good enough to, for example, play through the first one just for the story?

Parsnip

Spares.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chroma Squad -- MB-47A76A41DE35C88E - Taken by Volimar. 1 entrants total.
Dusty Revenge Co-Op Edition -- MB-29BBFD510C8F2C54 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 2 entrants total.
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-6A294FF190AD6076 - Taken by kagamin. 2 entrants total.
Q.U.B.E Director's Cut -- MB-58E2143341873977 - Taken by hooijdonk17. 1 entrants total.
Rocket Birds Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-018668D6BE05AA4D - Taken by Smeagol. 1 entrants total.

t1487233021z1.png

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Not GG (well I guess the same could be asked for GG) but are Blazblue's story modes good enough to, for example, play through the first one just for the story?

Ehhh. It's like a cross between a visual novel and a fighting game. I mean, mechanically there's a lot of really interesting and appealing ideas, but the execution didn't do anything for me. I wasn't invested in the story or the characters at all; too anime for me. Your mileage may very. Wouldn't be too hard to find some story vids/let's plays to see if you want to give it a try.

I tired to clean my inventory from junk after crafting badges, and i keep getting "This inventory is not available at this time. Please try again later." error every time i turning background or emote into gems. I need to reload inventory page every single time i turn something into gems, this is very annoying and happens on both client and browser. Is it possible to fix this issue?

Rembrandt

Banned
I hate to ask but I rarely check threads I'm subscribed to, but could anybody PM some possibly underrated indie games? I'm cool with steam, indieib or whatever; I just finished hotline miami 2 and uninstalled a bunch of shit, so I only have Civ V installed and I would love to play some things inbetween classes.

I'm open to pretty much anything that is suitable for laptop play since my hard drive on my PC is still RIP and I can't find my Windows 7 disk to reinstall on my other HD.

I'm thinking about grabbing planet coaster to hold me over. But I know I'm missing things outside of what rock, paper, shotgun posts.

I did run through Yawhg with some friends and games similar to that would be dope, too.

Tizoc

It appears that today is my birthday, which means it's time for a small giveaway :)
I was hoping to get a couple of "bigger" game codes for this occasion, but couldn't get those in time, so it will have to wait for later.

Happy bday mate.

data

ModBot said:
Instructions for data:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (data, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Lucius Demake -- MB-05859287279F130F - Taken by Lashley
Got this in a giveaway for the actual lucius game but it wasn't that one and I already own this. You don't need to say thanks or anything, and since the person who put up the first giveaway did it anonymously I doubt they care either.

Orgen

Happy birthday Paul!

How do I know if a game has been on a bundle before? I'm debtaing on trying to trade keys from the Freedom Bundle for games on my wishlist but only if they were in other bundles so I don't feel like an asshole doing the trade... :|

Tomasety

@JaseC, @Madjoki or other experts around here.

I believe that steam autoupdates are glitched. I came back home and I realized there was a game autoupdated. The odd thing about it was that it was a closed beta game which I no longer own and which I no longer have installed. I opened local files and there were only redistributable files (28MB).

Is this a normal behaviour on steam?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
@JaseC, @Madjoki or other experts around here.

I believe that steam autoupdates are glitched. I came back home and I realized there was a game autoupdated. The odd thing about it was that it was a closed beta game which I no longer own and which I no longer have installed. I opened local files and there were only redistributable files (28MB).

Is this a normal behaviour on steam?

What game was it?

Edit: To answer your question, no, you're not supposed to receive redists for games you no longer own/have installed. It might have been a bug related to detected updates not queuing.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Happy birthday Paul!

How do I know if a game has been on a bundle before? I'm debtaing on trying to trade keys from the Freedom Bundle for games on my wishlist but only if they were in other bundles so I don't feel like an asshole doing the trade... :|

Type the name in isthereanydeal.com and you'll see if it's been in bundles before.

Wok

Rust runs like crap on my PC, with barely 30 FPS. Plus i) I got a woman body, and ii) wherever I go, people have put a lock on their door. Not cool.

I have finished Monster Loves You!, which I won in a recent giveaway (I have won many, sorry if you feel like I have abused). It is a nice text-adventure game, with great audio adding flavour to the text. The game is less than an hour long, so it is a nice +1 for the 52-game challenge.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Cheers. Yeah, I would guess that Steam mistakenly either detected an update or initiated an update that it detected prior to uninstallation but, due to the lack of an active licence, couldn't actually download the game files and instead just downloaded the 28MB VC+ 2015 redist attached to the app. Nothing to worry about, and it shouldn't happen again.

Parsnip

This material goes here.
Is this good?
This is good!!

The VO on the Atelier synthesis menu starts kind of amusing, but after a while it gets a bit annoying.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Got this in a giveaway for the actual lucius game but it wasn't that one and I already own this. You don't need to say thanks or anything, and since the person who put up the first giveaway did it anonymously I doubt they care either.

Says its a duplicate product code btw

PhaZZe

Banned
anyone know if ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 it will be sold in others stores or is only steam? is soo expensive in Chile :(

How easy is it to unsubscribe? I'm tempted to do the trick to play Unravel for free.

CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIP

Find your Origin Access settings in the Origin client

Click Origin in the menu bar.
Click EA Account and Billing.
Click Origin Access.
Click Cancel.
Confirm your cancellation on the pop-up message to end your time with Origin Access.

Find your Origin Access settings online

Click on your EA ID (user profile) in the bottom-left corner.
Click EA Account and Billing.
Click Origin Access.
Confirm your cancellation on the pop-up message to end your time with Origin Access.

If you want to rejoin Origin Access, go to your Origin Access settings and click Renew Membership and you’ll immediately become a member again.

Tonton

Since Assassin's Creed Chronicles China won't cooperate I decided to start FFX

What's the difference between standard and expert grid system?
Also Original or arranged soundtrack?

Deques

Since Assassin's Creed Chronicles China won't cooperate I decided to start FFX

What's the difference between standard and expert grid system?

There are more nodes (for maxing stats) in standard. In Expert you can access other paths easier

Sarcasm

Hey so I haven't played XCOM 1 at all, well tried. I usualyl get side tracvk. (Plus I am halfway through DDDA and other crap). I have XCOM2 and my friend is ranting about it. Should I play it? lol

Coreda

In all the hours playing TW3 I hadn't been aware that Space cancels crossbow/bomb aim/throws. Unbelievable. The situations I could have avoided with this knowledge.

the witness is kiling me

Seems to be a game that really clicks with some and turns others completely off. That Super Bunnyhop review made it look tedious but it's pretty at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom