• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC will be getting updated in Spring

Alienfan

Once they get this working they should either discount the shit out of it + free weekend, or offer as a games with gold game. They did that for Halo 3 and it did wonders for the player count

Nategc20

Banned
Wtf???? What a random ass piece of news? Why even say anything? Spring is so far off for something of this nature and when you've botched something this bad, it's not about talk, just right what went wrong.
4k, patches, fixes, and a fixed matchmaking system. Late, but done right this could work.

nillapuddin

From what I understand, the UI was one of the most difficult parts of making the whole thing work, but unfortunately for them, I think changing it should be a priority

just for the reaction of, when you boot it up, 'ohh this is new'

if everything looks the same, and theres ONE problem, people will just write it off again : /

FyreWulff

From what I understand, the UI was one of the most difficult parts of making the whole thing work, but unfortunately for them, I think changing it should be a priority

just for the reaction of, when you boot it up, 'ohh this is new'

if everything looks the same, and theres ONE problem, people will just write it off again : /

Well it'd be nice to clean up some stuff like the defunct Halo 5 Beta tab
or change it to a Halo 6 beta tab :O

FinalAres

Fair play to them to be honest. They listened to the fans, and they may well have been waiting for the Xbox One X to do this, as they knew they'd have to update it for that anyway.

Hope it fixes things for everyone, I've had few problems with it but if more people can find something to like I'm all for that.

Also 4K is cool I guess :)

MysteryM

I shall blow the dust of the two copies of MCC I bought on day one and be ready!

Team slayer on H2A when it worked right was just godly and it still is one of my highpoints of gaming on xbox live (including having played halo 5 and gears 4 incessantly), but the laggy multiplayer, bugs, stupid times for matchmaking all combined in us having stopped playing.

My dream has always been to play H2A regularly, with the halo 5 multiplayer dedicated infrastructure implemented integrated within it so as to make it worth playing.

Please make this right, get the back end correct and the players will come back. Oh and lock it to a constant 60fps on the X please, no more frame drops whilst looking across the Zanzibar wheel.

Get it right, and maybe consider a halo 3 remake next time.

Would very much like a PC launch. That's probably the only thing that would get me to use their PC store again. (And it would be free given the cross play.)

But that's probably not what this means anyway.

PeterGAF

Banned
I'm excited, but I'm also upset it took this long. The game will almost be four years old when this gets released.
Sometimes an update like this can breathe new life into a game. That’s what I’m hoping for. MCC was one of the biggest disappointments of my life but hopefully this update can make things at least a little right. This will be the very definition of “better late than never”

nillapuddin

Well it'd be nice to clean up some stuff like the defunct Halo 5 Beta tab
or change it to a Halo 6 beta tab :O

nicholsonheadnod.gif

Im at the point where I believe all beta's should be open betas at this point, but I do love the idea of it being through MCC, just for the laughs

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
So they should just leave it be?

Yeah, that attitude is such bullshit. Yes, it’s later than it should have been, but we are where we are. How is this not a better situation than them just leaving it?

Comet

I still don't quite get the MCC hate as of late. I played tons of multiplayer and went through campaigns early this year and didn't have many issues at all. It all ran fine, with steady match making. Are people just shitting on the game because of how it initially released?

levyjl1988

Banned
Did they split the player base? Those playing multiplayer on Halo 3 backwards compatible vs players playing on MCC?
Will those players be able to connect to get whatever population there is? Most players like me moved onto Destiny and other games.

I mean I love microsoft and all. They are going all out on things that would have died already by continuing support for servers and old games. That to me is amazing. Not so much in a business sense as most players have already moved on, but amazing in game preservation and quality of life standards is truly ambitious.

The only problem I have with Halo and most games is when they remaster it. All my effort and progress in the last gen does not carry over or are synced at all. I would have enjoyed MCC if everything that I did in the past Halo games would automatically unlock, so I can continue where I left off.
I have the same issues with this with games like Skyrim SE, Dragon's Dogma, RE games. All remastered. I have to start fresh all over again. I made progress on my 360, and have to wait for the BC version than lose 300 hours of progress.

PeterGAF

Banned
Yeah, that attitude is such bullshit. Yes, it’s later than it should have been, but we are where we are. How is this not a better situation than them just leaving it?
People like to act like big drama queens on the internet. That attitude comes as no surprise.

nekkid

People like to act like big drama queens on the internet. That attitude comes as no surprise.

Some people need to get ahead of the dangerous possibility that 343i might actually do something good.

leeh

I still don't quite get the MCC hate as of late. I played tons of multiplayer and went through campaigns early this year and didn't have many issues at all. It all ran fine, with steady match making. Are people just shitting on the game because of how it initially released?
Yeah pretty much.

It still has issues sure, but is it an unplayable mess like GAF makes out? Lol no.

Halo Custom Edition mods PLEASE.

I'd actually finish my Halo 1 maps if this were doable. @Stinkles please, get word out if you can. This would be insane to have maps brought over from Custom Edition as "mods", maybe through a file browser, not to mention really breath life back into it with a flow of new content and support by the community.

I know we have Forge, but there's a feel that Halo 1 had, and an entire community that has done unbelievable things with it. It would only have to be for Halo 1's MP, as that is already a port of PC.

I'll sell my soul or anything else in this world for this.

nekkid

Yeah pretty much.

It still has issues sure, but is it an unplayable mess like GAF makes out? Lol no.

The biggest problem is lack of population, which of course impacts matchmaking.

PeterGAF

Banned
Yeah pretty much.

The population is pretty dead. It works, but finding a game is a hassle at anything other than peak times. Hopefully this update will bring some people back. Some games can get a second wind from the smallest of things.

Shocked this thread is not blowing up concidering the ones trashing the fact there hasn't been any response in years were nonstop. Can't wait to see what's done

Calibos

May have been said already, but reading through this thread will just make me angry because it's never too little too late for letting me play old Halo games...

Are they updating Halo MCC because there will be no Halo 6 in 2018?

Izayoi

Banned
Can 343 redeem themselves?

I'm extremely cautious about getting excited for this.

Hopefully with the XBX patch we get a Windows version, I would be so fucking excited.

Bossniak

Halo Custom Edition mods PLEASE.

I'd actually finish my Halo 1 maps if this were doable. Stinkles please, get word out if you can. This would be insane to have maps brought over from Custom Edition as "mods", maybe through a file browser, not to mention really breath life back into it with a flow of new content and support by the community.

I know we have Forge, but there's a feel that Halo 1 had, and an entire community that has done unbelievable things with it. It would only have to be for Halo 1's MP, as that is already a port of PC.

I'll sell my soul or anything else in this world for this.
That would be the dream. Playing wartorn cove or any of arteens maps in mcc.

wwm0nkey

Can 343 redeem themselves?

I'm extremely cautious about getting excited for this.

Hopefully with the XBX patch we get a Windows version, I would be so fucking excited.
I'm still hopeful for a Win10 version. New games are packaged as UWP now right? I know this is just an update so they probably won't have to switch over, however if they do switch to UWP then it's a strong possibility

Gestault

People critical of them for trying to make right on the original goal for the multiplayer setup for being "too late" are acting like this is some first-time new game release. The reason the collection existed, and why people cared in the first place more than a decade out from some of the old games, is because they're classics that people want to re-live together with the community.

They delivered on the campaigns (w/ co-op) years back. This is (trying) to make right on the whole package, to the level they wanted originally. I hope it works.

They're also giving a perk to people on an updated version of the console, which I wouldn't have expected. Credit where it's due.

Izayoi

Banned
I'm still hopeful for a Win10 version. New games are packaged as UWP now right? I know this is just an update so they probably won't have to switch over, however if they do switch to UWP then it's a strong possibility
I think that it's strongly encouraged, but maybe not a requirement (tales from my ass).

It might be different given 343 is first party, though - which would make a theoretical Windows version very straightforward.

Sanjuro

Halo: MCC still has to be the worst game release in my lifetime.

I don't think fixing it will do any good for the community. The entire game needs to be rebranded and remarketed.

The more I think about it the more I want a 2019 Halo 6. Microsoft has a lot to get out the door next year, so I think it makes sense, and having that long to develop a Halo game on top of the foundation that they built with Halo 5 sounds very appealing. Not to mention halo 5 still has legs these days.

Top Bottom