• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryo Hazuki incoming for Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed?

Rlan

Boat vehicle:

ryo2.jpg

Floating Hang-On.

I'm hoping this is part of a more significant DLC pack that will be available for consoles too, and maybe include a new track. The original game got a DLC pack that included Metal Sonic and Death Egg Zone.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, it just hit me.

Outrun was in Shenmue 2 as a minigame, and in the original, Hang-On and Space Harrier. All of which (possibly Space Harrier as well, if that's confirmed to be the plane) are the cabinets that he drives.

Now THAT'S awesome!

This is amazing.

I hope he isn't the only upcoming DLC character though, was under the impression the upcoming DLC pack was meant to be something like, 5-7 new racers.

haikira

This is pretty awesome, but I kind of wish it wasn't so late. I've already played the game to death, on more than one platform even. It's great for anyone grabbing it during Christmas sales though.

Kumubou

Where's Miku?

OK I'll shut up, this is dope.

For people complaining if it's a PC-only release -- you can buy the game for $5 during a Steam sale, it would probably be nearly as much to buy the character DLC on XBL or PSN. The game runs really well on PC, too.

Holy crap, it just hit me.

Outrun was in Shenmue 2 as a minigame, and in the original, Hang-On and Space Harrier. All of which are the cabinets (possibly Space Harrier) that he drives.

Now THAT'S awesome!
GET READY!
GET READY!
GET READY!
GET READY!
GET READY!
I'm not ready

qq more

That's pretty awesome. Even more awesome that they are the arcade cabinets! Still kind of not the same without the forklift. Oh well!

Fox Mulder

Where's Miku?

OK I'll shut up, this is dope.

For people complaining if it's a PC-only release -- you can buy the game for $5 during a Steam sale, it would probably be nearly as much to buy the character DLC on XBL or PSN. The game runs really well on PC, too.

GET READY!
GET READY!
GET READY!
GET READY!
GET READY!
I'm not ready

it may be cheap on steam, but I'm not much of a PC gamer, plus I buy kart racers for local multiplayer. I don't feel like huddling around a PC in the bedroom.

androvsky

That's pretty awesome. Even more awesome that they are the arcade cabinets! Still kind of not the same without the forklift. Oh well!

Gotta drive something for the All-Star. Believe.

edit: If that happens, the "He tried to kill me with a forklift" song from MST3K will be going through my head every time.

batfax

Yes.

Hoping for R-360 for flight mode, though I expect it'll be Space Harrier since that was actually in Shenmue. G-LOC is a Yu Suzuki game that was on the R-360 though...

androvsky

Honestly, that's all I care about at this point. Ryo is cool and all, but he's been done before.

To be fair, we got a Miku game within the last decade. Actually, the last 6 months. We'll even get the Vita version in a few months. So obvious cross-promotion opportunities aside, Ryo needs the extra fanservice.

RedBoot

Honestly, that's all I care about at this point. Ryo is cool and all, but he's been done before.

I would have said the same thing, until I saw his vehicle. Now I love it.

I'd like to see more characters too, of course. It'd also be cool if we got 3 more DLC tracks, just to fill out one more Cup. Still, this game has already gotten more stuff than I would have expected.

vanty

I don't want more DLC tracks if they're like the OutRun track and three quarters of it is just open water with absolutely no connection to the game. Worst DLC I've ever bought.

Ryo is looking amazing though, Space Harrier jetpack would be hilarious for flying though it'll probably just be another arcade cabinet.

To be fair, we got a Miku game within the last decade. Actually, the last 6 months. We'll even get the Vita version in a few months. So obvious cross-promotion opportunities aside, Ryo needs the extra fanservice.

Are the Miku games even sold outside of Japan? I honestly have no idea. As far as I know Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed hasn't even been localized for Japan, so putting Miku in will be meaningless for western audiences.

Also, hasn't been rumored that Shenmue will be getting a release on PC? In the same way that Jet Set and a few other Sega DC classics have?

Village

Are the Miku games even sold outside of Japan? I honestly have no idea. As far as I know Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed hasn't even been localized for Japan, so putting Miku in will be meaningless for western audiences.

Also, hasn't been rumored that Shenmue will be getting a release on PC? In the same way that Jet Set and a few other Sega DC classics have?

Miku is a world wide phenomenon

and I believe they do quite well outside of japan.

Astarte

Project Diva F was released quite recently and sold above Sega's expectations. On top of that, those miku concerts sold out really quickly so an audience is here. Better than Danica Patrick, at least.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Never truly played Shenmue; does Ryo actually play OutRun that game?
In Shenmue 2, there's an arcade that allows you to play Space Harrier & Outrun, while in the original, you could play Space Harrier & Hang-On. The 3 games were made by Yu Suzuki, who also did Shenmue.

i hope that rather than being based on one of the two remaining sega arcade games featured in the shenmue series, both of which revolve around flight, his flight mode is actually the qte title cab

Never truly played Shenmue; does Ryo actually play OutRun that game?

He sure does.

1407.jpg

shenmue%20arcade%20hang%20onshenmue.jpg

OutRun, Hang-On and After Burner were all playable in the Shenmue Games.

Project Diva F was released quite recently and sold above Sega's expectations. On top of that, those miku concerts sold out really quickly so an audience is here. Better than Danica Patrick, at least.

Ah, I had no idea.

HUELEN10

In Shenmue 2, there's an arcade that allows you to play Space Harrier & Outrun, while in the original, you could play Space Harrier & Hang-On. The 3 games were made by Yu Suzuki, who also did Shenmue.

Awesome. I just love seeing OutRun getting love.

Top Bottom