• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 11 (JP) |OT| whynotboth.gif

Here is the deck that I created with the vocabulary of the game that I created so far fir the prople that requested it.Of course it's not everything but if someone knows most of these, he/she will have no problem undestanding most of the game.
Btw can maybe someone answer a spoiler question that I had above?

Holy damn, THANK YOU for doing that. While I knew some of those, that is very helpful in case I forget and for other people.

Okay... that boss that you describe is a Dragon.

So... what do some of your characters learn, at least the ones that are sword users?

Spoiler:
Dragon Slash/Cut

In addition, what else do some of them at least the Hero learns? Spoiler:
dual-wield

Now with this in mind, go hard with Bikill for the sword users, Rukani on the boss, Sukult on all party members multiple times, and Behomara when needed. Also if you happen to get lucky and get a few players in zone that helps too. I forget my level then. I think somewhere in the high 40s or 50s?

I know Row went into zone and I used his Grand Nebula and that may have helped seal a victory for me.

Necro900

Here is the deck that I created with the vocabulary of the game that I created so far fir the prople that requested it.Of course it's not everything but if someone knows most of these, he/she will have no problem undestanding most of the game.
Sir, you deserve a medal. Thanks a bunch!

Holy damn, THANK YOU for doing that. While I knew some of those, that is very helpful in case I forget and for other people.

Okay... that boss that you describe is a Dragon.

So... what do some of your characters learn, at least the ones that are sword users?

Spoiler:
Dragon Slash/Cut

In addition, what else do some of them at least the Hero learns? Spoiler:
dual-wield

Now with this in mind, go hard with Bikill for the sword users, Rukani on the boss, Sukult on all party members multiple times, and Behomara when needed. Also if you happen to get lucky and get a few players in zone that helps too. I forget my level then. I think somewhere in the high 40s or 50s?

I know Row went into zone and I used his Grand Nebula and that may have helped seal a victory for me.

Sir, you deserve a medal. Thanks a bunch!

Thanks, keep in mind that I will also update the list with new words as I progress through the game.

Now for the boss I was level 41-42 when I fought it and I used giga blade with the 2-handed sword protagonist and high-damage attacks with the 2-handed sword
Greg
(latest party member).Row was was just for healing and reviving and Sylvia was raising the party's agility and lowering the enemy's.
The problem wasn't that though, it was that even with the buffs the enemy every turn did 3 attacks in a row with a very high chance of one them being a critical.So it could just kill my healer or the protagonist right at start of the fight.Also the thing is that the fight last so short that almost none goes into zone, maybe with the exception of sylvia who is fast
Anyway it's okay I left from there and continued the main story to find
the other party members

The hard mode horse racing is so frustrating, it seems like EVERY SINGLE TIME I come in 2nd by a margin of less than half a second. I'm also like less than a second from hitting the title times too so I guess you literally have to break those times to get first place on hard mode

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Question for you guys... can you beat the first dragon you meet after being chased by the knights (during the prison escape)?
Yes, you can do it later in the game when you revisit the severs (it's a bit to the side, so be careful not to miss it). Iirc you even get a trophy for that.

The hard mode horse racing is so frustrating, it seems like EVERY SINGLE TIME I come in 2nd by a margin of less than half a second. I'm also like less than a second from hitting the title times too so I guess you literally have to break those times to get first place on hard mode

Damn... I had no problem at all with this even on the last one. Which race are you having trouble with?

My question:

*Spoiler*
Where else can I find the tougher boss fights? Did the purple lion and black dragon thus far.

yankee666

Wow, what a great work.
This will come in handy when i replay it on the PS4.
Thanks

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Damn... I had no problem at all with this even on the last one. Which race are you having trouble with?

My question:

*Spoiler*
Where else can I find the tougher boss fights? Did the purple lion and black dragon thus far.
Each town (or at least most of them) has a pink marker where NPCs tell you about a new crisis, which is always or almost always related to a stronger boss in one of the old fields/dungeons iirc.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Actually I figured out that you can start out with a dash if you hold R2 right after the 1 count goes off the screen.

That was enough to make the difference and I beat all of them
No matter what game it is, if it has a racing part in it with a countdown, I say always try to do a perfect start, the boost is often there, ha ha.

Aeana

Even though I have no interest in grinding metals, I still want to fill out the monster book. I went through the last
trial dungeon
and did not once encounter a
metal king strong
. I even redoubled my steps 3-4 times. Oh well, I'll get it.

Even though I have no interest in grinding metals, I still want to fill out the monster book. I went through the last
trial dungeon
and did not once encounter a
metal king strong
. I even redoubled my steps 3-4 times. Oh well, I'll get it.

Just use Spectacle Show.

I've beaten the
black Dragon
yesterday,
got Senya back, returned to Ramuda and I'm off again to find Veronica
.I also returned to Homura village and killed the
fire dragon/serpent
that gave me a hard time before.Haha serves him right, at level 45 it was a lot easier xD.
Sylvia's agility really helps me with these fights.If it wasn't for her I don't think I would have won those fights that easlily.
How am I progressing btw?Is there a lot left until the final boss fight?

Argh argh I hate skill trees, especially the way they're done in JRPGs. I just know some of those "?" skills are either game-breakers or utter shit. Yes I do know you can buy back skills later but I'm still opposed to the idea that I could be severely punished 30 levels later for a choice that seemed smart at level 10. So I looked up the skill trees and, yup, I screwed myself and can't do a damn thing about it until I can start coughing up Gs to undo the mistake.
Fuck
skill trees.

At least I'm forging like a boss to make up for it. +2s and +3s add up.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It's my understanding that you cannot run into anything via spectacle show that isn't already in your monster book.
Wait, really? From what I've seen your average level dictates what you meet. If it's higher than 70, you should encounter a party of 1 strong king and 2 strong liquids.

When I succeeded with my first spectacle show (you can fail and summon regular enemies), I got the above set and I've never encounter a strong liquid before.

Aeana

Wait, really? From what I've seen your average level dictates what you meet. If it's higher than 70, you should encounter a party of 1 strong king and 2 strong liquids.

When I succeeded with my first spectacle show (you can fail and summon regular enemies), I got the above set and I've never encounter a strong liquid before.

Well, that's what a couple of sites were saying. Cool if it's not true, but I'm not level 70 regardless.

Aeana - In VIII, I specifically stayed in spots and grinded for metals as I told you before. In this game, metals were a lot more rare in appearance but they stayed in battle so I just chances to kill them.

Honestly, I was able to grind without metals because I had groups of enemies giving me 5k or more a battle and within minutes my entire party had risen.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Well, that's what a couple of sites were saying. Cool if it's not true, but I'm not level 70 regardless.
I definitely know what I've seen, but I can think of 2 explanations:
a) I forgot that I fought a strong liquid metal
b) The only monster you need in your book is the "main" one (which would be King Slime Strong in that case), while the others can appear in the Show for the first time

As for meeting Kings in that dungeon, I've seen multiple articles/videos about it and in the end it was a huge pain to get them to appear anyway. My best spot was the staircase in the North-West part of the 1st floor, but even there it took me over 30 minutes to get one. The pop rate it stupidly low (which makes sense, because the experience is really good).

Rutger

Banned

Thanks for this. I'll get this game soon and reviewing this will be helpful.

I definitely know what I've seen, but I can think of 2 explanations:
a) I forgot that I fought a strong liquid metal
b) The only monster you need in your book is the "main" one (which would be King Slime Strong in that case), while the others can appear in the Show for the first time

As for meeting Kings in that dungeon, I've seen multiple articles/videos about it and in the end it was a huge pain to get them to appear anyway. My best spot was the staircase in the North-West part of the 1st floor, but even there it took me over 30 minutes to get one. The pop rate it stupidly low (which makes sense, because the experience is really good).

I used Spectacle Show and encountered a (regular) Metal King during the main game and I know 100% that I never encountered one regularly. In fact after I killed it, I checked my bestiary and saw that they apparently appear in the final main game dungeon(which at the time, I only just stepped into and then left to complete the bestiary)

It's possible that you may have to have at least been to a location in which they can appear though. Curious if I would have still encountered one had I not actually entered the dungeon first.

I completely understand what Aeana is trying to do, I am saying that in past DQ games you only had the Metals (or Platinum option in VII) to grind with. I can fight normal monsters just traveling around and fly through it all like crazy.

In VIII, it was most fun going after Metal Kings because they dropped Slime Crowns and Orichalcum.

By the way, I need 203 more. I have 523/726 so that's 72% (yes I used a calculator) which isn't too bad all things considered.

One thing that is nice compared to Pokemon games is not needing to trade with anyone.

HUGE DQXI SPOILERS
VERONICA NOOOOO
Why did she have to die, I'm so sad right now :(.
I promise I will not put Senya out of the party until I beat the crap out of the final boss.
It's time for revenge

MoosiferX

I'm 50 or so hours into the game and I have a quick spoilery question for those who've finished it.
How much time passes in between when the Demon King guy (Urunoga?) destroys the Tree of Life and you wake up as a fish? I just got all of the party back together -- for the most part T.T -- and I think I missed the bit of dialogue saying how much time passed.

Thanks!

Aeana

I'm 50 or so hours into the game and I have a quick spoilery question for those who've finished it.
How much time passes in between when the Demon King guy (Urunoga?) destroys the Tree of Life and you wake up as a fish? I just got all of the party back together -- for the most part T.T -- and I think I missed the bit of dialogue saying how much time passed.

Thanks!

She just says "a few months" (数か月).

MoosiferX

Yes the mermaid queen also explained that she turned MC into a fish to hide him from Urunoga

Okay, cool.
I was able to discern the hiding him bit, but somehow completely missed the "few months" part.

Just finished up a boss battle with the fire dragon/bird in the volcano next to Homura -- I wasn't trying too hard because I thought I was over leveled, then he started hitting those criticals and I almost lost it. Had to cast Zing like 10 times until I could stabilize things and get all of my buffs up!

Completely loving the game up to this point. Like most DQ games, time ceases to exist when I play it and before I know it 7 hours have gone by and I'm wrecking my sleep schedule.

One more quick question for you DQ buffs: I recognize the majority of the reused songs, but I was wondering if this game's
"airship" theme
is original. I don't recognize it.

Aeana

Okay, cool.
I was able to discern the hiding him bit, but somehow completely missed the "few months" part.

Just finished up a boss battle with the fire dragon/bird in the volcano next to Homura -- I wasn't trying too hard because I thought I was over leveled, then he started hitting those criticals and I almost lost it. Had to cast Zing like 10 times until I could stabilize things and get all of my buffs up!

Completely loving the game up to this point. Like most DQ games, time ceases to exist when I play it and before I know it 7 hours have gone by and I'm wrecking my sleep schedule.

One more quick question for you DQ buffs: I recognize the majority of the reused songs, but I was wondering if this game's
"airship" theme
is original. I don't recognize it.

Yes, surprisingly, that song is original.

Aeana

Ōkami;246419400 said:
It's a remixed version of the one from VIII, it mixes some original music with that.

No, he's talking about the first one. The second one is obviously Lamia's theme from DQ3, which was reused in DQ8.

Small question about the trophies, a guy that we know is often lying, and he's saying that he finished the game, i checked the trophies and he only got to this point :

悲しみを胸に
悲しみを胸に 旅に出た

Sorrow in your heart
I went on a journey with my sorrow in mind

i know that there's a true ending, so i was wondering if he just finished the main game or not? Did he reach the first ending? Thanks

Aeana

Small question about the trophies, a guy that we know is often lying, and he's saying that he finished the game, i checked the trophies and he only got to this point :

悲しみを胸に
悲しみを胸に 旅に出た

Sorrow in your heart
I went on a journey with my sorrow in mind

i know that there's a true ending, so i was wondering if he just finished the main game or not? Did he reach the first ending? Thanks

I have that trophy and I haven't gotten the true ending yet, so it's not that.
I can't remember when that trophy pops though.

Shouta

I have that trophy and I haven't gotten the true ending yet, so it's not that.
I can't remember when that trophy pops though.

That trophy in the spoiler is from the half-way point, I think, That's assuming the trophy list is in the correct order.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
to people completing the monster book section anyone run into the same problem of monsters not appearing that are listed in a specific area?
Like there are areas where I have like 7 ??? entries and I've looked them up and they're not tensei monsters but they don't seem to be in that area.

Top Bottom