• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest |OT| A Soft Heart for the Hard Core

Any chance of a GOG release, or is it Steam-only on PC?

The only Microsoft IP to make it over to GOG as far as I know was Shadowrun Returns which, even though it was sublicensed, was a pretty big hassle to get released DRM free. I'd say chances are pretty slim for Ori on GOG.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This was totally off my radar until I saw it mentioned in another thread, and DAMN. Looks awesome. Definitely picking it up.

I bought a $20 Xbox gift card just for Ori. Looking forward to playing this tonight. Besides review blurbs and the E3 trailer, I'm going in blind and I'm stoked.

Hey I remember some of you guys from general game discussion on the Xbox.com forums, I used to be pretty active there. I'll definitely give the site a chance. Had no idea you guys made one.
Oh hey! Ya we are all still around there but the place just isn't the same for me as it used to. Focusing on the site now so appreciate you checking us out :)

No chance of me staying up to play it, but I will try to stay up and at least start the download, so I can hopefully have a quick go before I head off to work tomorrow.

Pretty annoyed there was no pre load option. Not a huge deal, but it would have been nice to have the option.

Vexidus

Seeing the screenshots for this game gave me a feeling I haven't felt in a long time. That sweeping love at first sight feeling along with a flurry of warm nostalgia. Unbelievably gorgeous and whimsical artwork.

This feeling reminds me of Soul Bubbles, one of the most criminally unrecognized games of all time.

I'm buying this on Steam as soon as I can!

Peltz

This has slipped totally under my radar, but DAYUM this looks cool. The OT sold me on it.

Edit: Any differences between the Xbox 360 version and Xbox One version? I'm just curious.

Karak

Seeing the screenshots for this game gave me a feeling I haven't felt in a long time. That sweeping love at first sight feeling along with a flurry of warm nostalgia. Unbelievably gorgeous and whimsical artwork.

This feeling reminds me of Soul Bubbles, one of the most criminally unrecognized games of all time.

I'm buying this on Steam as soon as I can!

I felt the same the moment I began playing it and it didn't stop until the end.

Vexidus

I felt the same the moment I began playing it and it didn't stop until the end.

I am so damn excited to jump in to this game. Like others, it wasn't on my radar at all, basically until I saw this thread, and now I'm head over heels. It feels great to be going blind into an experience I will assuredly treasure. Unlocks on Steam in two hours!

RoKKeR

This has slipped totally under my radar, but DAYUM this looks cool. The OT sold me on it.

Edit: Any differences between the Xbox 360 version and Xbox One version? I'm just curious.

Yes, the XBO version is being released. /snark

Right now there is no date slated for the 360 version and it's sort of up in the air as to whether or not it'll actually be released or not, don't think we've heard anything on it in a while.

Haklong

I'm all in on the Xbox One version. I also feel like getting the Steam version today too. Is there a frame rate cap on the PC version or can it go past 60 FPS?

Mista

Banned
Beautiful OT filled with beautiful art everywhere! Thanks OP.
Its already 11th of March here but since my store is US then I got to wait for a couple of hours I guess

Majine

Banned
Damn, I still have Rayman Legends to play on XBO since it was free this month. I feel like they are too close to eachother in genre to do simultenously and still appreciate both.

Only 2 hours away on xbox? This true? Damn spherical planet. Makes no bloody sense.

I need a time check GAF. 10.30 here in the UK.

For the sake of tomorrow's working day, I can't get this one wrong!

Will be picking this up from GAME tomorrow. Need an excuse to use up that gift credit, and this looks pretty awesome. Would've preferred to pre-load, but ah well.

First time a content code will be available through bricks-and-mortar retail at launch for Xbox One, unless I'm mistaken?

Karak

I am so damn excited to jump in to this game. Like others, it wasn't on my radar at all, basically until I saw this thread, and now I'm head over heels. It feels great to be going blind into an experience I will assuredly treasure. Unlocks on Steam in two hours!
Ya that is a rare thing to go into something knowing very little. I For me Ori is the leader for Soundtrack of the year and easily a contender for game of the year. But we have some time for other awesome games.

Will be picking this up from GAME tomorrow. Need an excuse to use up that gift credit, and this looks pretty awesome.

First time a content code will be available through bricks-and-mortar retail at launch for Xbox One, unless I'm mistaken?

GAME have been selling game codes for quite some time. They even have these really cool looking cards that you take to the counter, which you can't unfortunately keep. (you're only given a receipt with a code on it.)

You can try your luck and try to persuade the person behind the counter to let you keep the card. They don't usually allow it, but you might get lucky.

Mista

Banned
Will be picking this up from GAME tomorrow. Need an excuse to use up that gift credit, and this looks pretty awesome. Would've preferred to pre-load, but ah well.

As far as I know, the game doesnt have a physical release, just downloadable or GAME started selling game codes?

Kowalski

Banned
I'm ready to buy Ori right now, purchased confirmed, and now downloading. My poor little PS4 is going to get neglected even more. That's okay little PS4, you'll have a game purchased soon....as long as it gets greats scores like Ori. :p

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
They must be about to update the Xbox store because it's acting funny. Game is there, then it isn't, then it says nothing, then it says not available.

GAME have been selling game codes for quite some time. They even have these really cool looking cards that you take to the counter, which you can't unfortunately keep. (you're only given a receipt with a code on it.)

You can try your luck and try to persuade the person behind the counter to let you keep the card. They don't usually allow it, but you might get lucky.

I know they've been selling some game specific cards (Max COB in my local), but nearly all are just £20 credit with various game branding. This release is a code for the game itself I think, instead of being an Ori-branded card with £15.99 credit. And it's being advertised in-store, to be sold at launch. Never seen that for a content code before.

As far as I know, the game doesnt have a physical release, just downloadable or GAME started selling game codes?

GAME are selling game codes now.

Lima

They must be about to update the Xbox store because it's acting funny. Game is there, then it isn't, then it says nothing, then it says not available.

Been like that all day. I checked a couple times to see if you could pre-load it or whatever.

Breathing intensifying.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
One hour remains.
hQNmLqG.gif

I would love to know if this is REALLY a metroidvania. Not like Guacamelee and Dust were called metroidvanias(but aren't). Any clue from the reviews?

alouette

Been like that all day. I checked a couple times to see if you could pre-load it or whatever.

Breathing intensifying.
A lot of people seem to do that. Never seen something like that happen before in the store.

Forecasting low download rates 😏

How the hell can MS be on the ball with digital versions of retail games being for sale and pre-loadable weeks before release while their digital exclusives are MIA until practically the release minute, especially when they're large downloads, like Ori's ~8GB? I guess the 'early' release is the preload window.

Top Bottom