• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Hedja

It's a bit lacking to be as successful as they're hoping. Even if it's intentional. There's tons of games similar to it with a lot more content (Puzzle and Dragons being the obvious one).

Still a decent game. Hate the summoning music though and some of the other vocal tracks. Feels completely out of place.

Yaari

I'll see if I can roll a nice beginner card. Just quit WWE Supercard so I can add a new iOS game to my list. Hope its fun.

anaron

Good morning from Tokyo. We are developing BAHAMUT special dungeon now. Please wait a little. (sakaguchi)

oSd2vy2.jpg

Glad to see most people are loving this.

Unfortunately for me, the game has been plagued with network errors for a few days now.
I can't even log to get my bonus mail now. The horror... :O

Hopefully they fix this somehow so I can try that Bahamut thing and beat Chapter 20 finally.

LProtag

Forgot I had some app store money left from a giftcard I had from forever ago.

I got super lucky and got 3 SS rank characters, but they're all wizards so they do no damage unless their abilities go off. I don't know even know if it's worth it to use them all at once, haha.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
BTW. How do you use or equip items?

First roll, I got an SS Froggy Ice Wizard and a B Archer as my first recruits after the tutorial, both pretty powerful at Lv 10. It's been fairly nice so far. Unlike something like WWE Supercard, there's at least a bit of stratergery at work in the standard gameplay, since you need to set up skill cascades via good positioning/movement to wipe out enemies; eventually, it looks like I could theoretically set up attack cascades if I get some push skills. Nice music so far, and the F2P mechanics don't interfere with the gameplay, as most of the time, I recover most of the spent stamina during the battle.
I got the same ice make frog, he seems powerful enough.

Uthred

Enjoying this though even a bit I'm still not sure I've a solid grasp on exactly how the combo system works, sometimes I expect one set of attacks to trigger before another and it doesnt etc.

Visceir

Lots of A/B ranks. Rolled into Zerro the Dark too just now so I'll hold onto this save.

e: Aw yeah, that gift code.

Started out with Samatha as well. Thought I was really lucky with the SS/A roll, but I'm not all that impressed with her. Her first skill is kinda useless to me and her second skill is at lvl 15. Been playing for quite a few hours now and am almost done with chapter 4, but she has gained just one level....so messed up, haha.

I'm liking the game, but I wish it'd be a little more rewarding with the character progress. I'll finish chapter 4 and then think if I want to re-roll or not.

forgrim

Forgot I had some app store money left from a giftcard I had from forever ago.

I got super lucky and got 3 SS rank characters, but they're all wizards so they do no damage unless their abilities go off. I don't know even know if it's worth it to use them all at once, haha.

I'm using 2 wizards,zerro the dark and daiana the firedrinker and its amazing compared to my ss class archer on my tablet. If aoe goes off in metal parade I can kill dem runners so ez

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is there a list of top tier rolls?

The items are for upgrading or adding classes, their is an option in the Tavern.
Ah thanks just saw the option. Guess there will be enough item farming as well ;-)

Yaari

Best roll was S tier. Going to keep trying till I get that SS. Probably not making too much of a difference but atleast at this point it is still free. Haha.

Found out about that Giftcode a little late, did some reroll without it, could have gotten an SS already.

Got SS roll from my 5 energy roll

Czekras the Preemptive. Looks to be real strong.

Was great since my original roll was a B roll. Early impressions is this is a copy paste of almost everything P&D with some final fantasy influence and of course the card game from FF8.

I'll see how it progresses as time goes on

jwhit28

Czekras the Preemptive
. Looks to be real strong.

Was great since my original roll was a B roll. Early impressions is this is a copy paste of almost everything P&D with some final fantasy influence and of course the card game from FF8.

That's the same one I got but I'm not to sure what his first skill does.

Magic Attack +10%, Self, 30%

I guess it means allies magic boosts 10% and his own magic boosts 30% but the self boost is useless until LV 15 when you get Ice Blade.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It's a bit lacking to be as successful as they're hoping. Even if it's intentional. There's tons of games similar to it with a lot more content (Puzzle and Dragons being the obvious one).

Still a decent game. Hate the summoning music though and some of the other vocal tracks. Feels completely out of place.

Granted I'm not that far in, but the gameplay IMO seems way more engaging to me personally compared to the time I spent playing P&D. Granted I don't think they play that similar either.

jwhit28

Granted I'm not that far in, but the gameplay IMO seems way more engaging to me personally compared to the time I spent playing P&D. Granted I don't think they play that similar either.

That's the same way I feel. It feels like each move means much more and there are less things pulling trying to pull you into spending that stamina. Maybe that's a bad thing though. I can see how P&D would get people to kick out more cash.

Hubb

Started out with Samatha as well. Thought I was really lucky with the SS/A roll, but I'm not all that impressed with her. Her first skill is kinda useless to me and her second skill is at lvl 15. Been playing for quite a few hours now and am almost done with chapter 4, but she has gained just one level....so messed up, haha.

I'm liking the game, but I wish it'd be a little more rewarding with the character progress. I'll finish chapter 4 and then think if I want to re-roll or not.

Metal king or w/e is where you want to go for levels. It is almost too easy

Visceir

That's the same one I got but I'm not to sure what his first skill does.

Magic Attack +10%, Self, 30%

I guess it means allies magic boosts 10% and his own magic boosts 30% but the self boost is useless until LV 15 when you get Ice Blade.

I'm quite certain i'ts a +10% magic attack buff on only your character with a 30% chance it goes off.

That's the same way I feel. It feels like each move means much more and there are less things pulling trying to pull you into spending that stamina. Maybe that's a bad thing though. I can see how P&D would get people to kick out more cash.

I dunno, it first seemed like I could just keep on playing through chapter after chapter without running out of stamina. Now I'm constantly waiting for it to recharge as I want to tackle the next chapter mission....other than that a Metal zone (great for leveling) and a hunting zone (great for coins/items) opened up and I just don't have the stamina to check them out.

Metal king or w/e is where you want to go for levels. It is almost too easy

Yeah, I'll check it out once I'm done with chapter 4

Narras

I don't really get the comparisons with Puzzles and Dragons. Besides the RPG aspect, the only major thing similar to both games is moving a piece around a board with a limited amount of time.

Fbh

Anyone got a link to download the apk file from a third party site???.

No mod or anything, it's just that they region locked it like puzzle and dragons

AwShucks

I plan on trying this out. Went to download this morning but didn't have room on my phone. Will either clear room or use my Nexus 7 instead.

so just to double check, the 1st 2 characters you get are always going to be B rank or somethign, what you reroll for are your 3rd and 4th that you get using the codes right?

chrono01

The game is great, but I'm a bit upset that those that played the beta/early launch seemingly won't be receiving the promotional character for "new players". I'm way too far along now to start over. :/

Oh, and my luck with Recruitment has been horrible. I managed an S-rank at the start, but after around 10 Recruits [including the one for the launch], I've only received two A-rank and a lot of B Units. What's even more frustrating is that today, with the three Recruits I've been saving, I received one B-rank and two repeat Units. I can't even use the repeat ones since they were immediately destroy by increasing the skill of the original. I don't mind supporting a game for a chance at Units, but if they're just going to be "absorbed" into the original [although increasing its skill], I'm very hesitant to spend real $$$. It can be disheartening to see money spent and no Unit to show for it.

Uthred

Is there a list of top tier rolls?

SS Mages

Piz'fer
Zerro
Lewto
Jennish

Other SS (in order)

Koko (Capules)
Czekras (Action delay)
Samatha
Gaiga

Yukken (Aoe, slightly more versatile than her sister)
Rikken

Gugba (good but a "late bloomer")
Olber (tanky McTank)

Healers are a little less needed due to a "free" Kuscah

Amina
Amimari
A'Misandra

The game is great, but I'm a bit upset that those that played the beta/early launch seemingly won't be receiving the promotional character for "new players". I'm way too far along now to start over. :/

Oh, and my luck with Recruitment has been horrible. I managed an S-rank at the start, but after around 10 Recruits [including the one for the launch], I've only received two A-rank and a lot of B Units. What's even more frustrating is that today, with the three Recruits I've been saving, I received one B-rank and two repeat Units. I can't even use the repeat ones since they were immediately destroy by increasing the skill of the original. I don't mind supporting a game for a chance at Units, but if they're just going to be "absorbed" into the original [although increasing its skill], I'm very hesitant to spend real $$$. It can be disheartening to see money spent and no Unit to show for it.
Yeah, they need to work out the incentives to actually spend money.

Neo Dark

so just to double check, the 1st 2 characters you get are always going to be B rank or somethign, what you reroll for are your 3rd and 4th that you get using the codes right?

Yup. The ones after chapter one when you use 10 of your own energy (lightning bolts)

I have a love hate relationship for this game. Love the game play.. Hate the game play. Mainly because sometimes my finger slips when moving or I move too close to the edge of the screen and it let's go of my piece and thus ends my turn

chrono01

Yeah, they need to work out the incentives to actually spend money.
I agree.

At least with Puzzle & Dragons and Brave Frontier [even Love Live!], if you obtain duplicate Unit you can still get a use out of him/her. Not here, however. If you have the unlucky circumstance to get a duplicate, it's instantly dissolved. Boosting your skill level is fine, but at least give us the option. What happens when we reach 100% with the skill level? The Unit will be lost for no reason. :(

First two pulls were lewto (SS Fire mage), and r'zonand (a rank status healer).

Then my next pull... Yukken (SS twin archer with the three different weapon types).

So my next question is, does this game have a max characters limit?

Czekras the Preemptive. Looks to be real strong.

Sweet, I just picked him up as well, interested to see how he plays

Pirabear

Banned
Got an SS roll (Yukken) but my second free pull was a duplicate of the healer Kuscah. The duplicate doesn't show up in my party, but the original has a "B%" of 5.0 (Everyone else is 0.0). Not sure what to make of any of it.

chrono01

Got an SS roll (Yukken) but my second free pull was a duplicate of the healer Kuscah. The duplicate doesn't show up in my party, but the original has a "B%" of 5.0 (Everyone else is 0.0). Not sure what to make of any of it.
Any duplicate is automatically "absorbed" by the original, increasing its skill level.

I know, I wish it didn't happen either. Once the skill levels reach their maximum, any duplicate will be effectively wasted.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Super smart, innovative and fun battle system, ruined by freemium bullshit.

Maybe I'm not that far in yet as I just completed chapter 3, but I've seen no freemium BS yet.

So far this game has been the exact opposite of a game like P&D that seemed to be the definition of freemium bs.

I do wonder how the fuck Mistwalker is gonna make as much cash off of this as other big f2p RPG like games though.

soultron

Banned
Will offline play or deferred network syncing be coming eventually? I can't play this on the subway and that's where I play 95% of my mobile games.

Everything besides the battle system is really sluggish, ugly and sloppy looking. However, it is pretty fun, but I don't have the patience to keep rerolling. I'll be back in here complaining when/if it fucks me up.

Hubb

Maybe I'm not that far in yet as I just completed chapter 3, but I've seen no freemium BS yet.

So far this game has been the exact opposite of a game like P&D that seemed to be the definition of freemium bs.

I do wonder how the fuck Mistwalker is gonna make as much cash off of this as other big f2p RPG like games though.

Energy costs a fuckton. 14 energy for 10 dollars, not going to happen. 14 energy doesn't get you much of anything.

Top Bottom