• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 18 |OT| It's in the Switch

Think I'll try and sell him. I play 3-4-3 so LW is more critical than LM and his Crossing and DF stats aren't that great.

So to get Loyalty Bonus a player needs to play 10 games right? Is that 10 starts or do substitute appearances count?

czk51

Need some advice on FUT. For starters I am not at all familiar with football or the players but I have been enjoying the game. I have a 100% compatible gold team and playing the lower tournaments. Im not great at the game, either a narrow victory or draw. Asides from playing these, what is the next step to earning more money and putting together an Elite team? Seems that if I stay at this pace I'll never progress.

Need some advice on FUT. For starters I am not at all familiar with football or the players but I have been enjoying the game. I have a 100% compatible gold team and playing the lower tournaments. Im not great at the game, either a narrow victory or draw. Asides from playing these, what is the next step to earning more money and putting together an Elite team? Seems that if I stay at this pace I'll never progress.
Do the base Squad Building Challenges and play single-player squad battles at a difficulty comfortable for you.

Tomorrow is black Friday, there will be a lot of promotions on packs and possibly the market will crash hard and prices will collapse. Best time of the year to upgrade your team (together with Christmas).

Thinking about buying the Switch version for a gift. I'm hoping it is slightly more Arcadey for kids who have never been able to get into Sport games.

Can anyone tell me about this patch I hear so many people complaining about. Did it make any changes to the Switch version?

czk51

Do the base Squad Building Challenges and play single-player squad battles at a difficulty comfortable for you.

Tomorrow is black Friday, there will be a lot of promotions on packs and possibly the market will crash hard and prices will collapse. Best time of the year to upgrade your team (together with Christmas).

Thanks, I don't have squad battles since Im on switch but will continue with the challenges (did the first set but neglected them since.. whoops)

This game is really shitting me. Twice this week the game has crashed during Squad Battles resulting in 3-0 losses and 0 points. I'm trying to get to Gold 1 Level but I'll be lucky to get Gold 2 with this bullshit.

If EA can't provide a crash-free game then they shouldn't penalize players when it crashes!

RAIDEN1

What I don't get is why is this edition of Fifa light-weight in features? Seeing as it is the ONLY football game you can get for the Switch, surely it wouldn't have taxed the system that much to have it with all the features like the other 2 have...otherwise what's the point in bringing it over...if all you are getting is FIFA-Lite?

Just crashed again :( Well not crashed but the stupid half-time bug (where the Start button is disabled and you can't progress to the 2nd half) for the 2nd time. That makes 3 matches where I won't get any points this week.

So I'm trying to contact EA and it won't send me the bloody security code to login and contact them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NQjgc89.gif

ar0s

So, anyone want to post their current Ultimate Team main side? :lollipop_kissing_smiling:

Here is mine: https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/6018351

It's an MLS team. I have most of the other various MLS IFs (apart from a few recent ones such as the two from the latest TOTW and the lower quality multitude of STs and CAMs which I will not bother with)

Qazaishvili 84 ST is my back up LW, with Morrow being the back up LB.

Currently in Division 2, where I have rarely been and almost never won a game in before and my season after four games has been
Loss
Win 6 - 2 (5 goals for Dempsey)
Draw 4 - 4
Win 8 - 3 (came back from behind 3 times, 5 goals and an assist for Alessandrini, 2 goals and 3 assists for Villa)

92 Alessandrini I must say is the best UT card I have ever used, FAR better than Messi. I really struggled deciding whether to go for the RW version as my 86 ST Alessandrini had scored a lot more goals than games played with a record of 49 games, 63 goals, 10 assists.

However, 92 Alessandrini currently has a record of 13 games, 20 goals, 2 assists :lollipop_grinning::lollipop_beaming_smiling::lollipop_tears_of_joy:

I've spent a total of ~£5 in the whole of UT this year (had not played since '13) for one of those all rare, all one league packs during TOTS and pulled a TOTS to sell and buy Depay TOTS for my Dutch/Eredivisie side which I have since completely stopped using since building MLS.

I highly recommend an MLS team - pretty cheap to build and fun from the very start when the squad is all bronze players all through the upgrade process. I got relegated down to Div 8 using the bronze MLS side so from there have been at the level where it is extremely fun even though my squad was awful. Probably would be a fun process for any of the lesser leagues.

I have a reserve MLS team which is made up of players outside the main 23 and not regularly cycling back in/out which i can build on futbin and post if anyone is interested?

Looking forward to seeing you guys' squads!

ar0s

Who is your current favoured team's top scorer?

Mine is still 88 Ibrahimovic despite him moving outside the squad a long time ago, with 68 goals in 100 games.

92 Dempsey has 52 in 104 despite playing for a long time as CAM or backup CM lowering his gpg%, 92 Alessandrini has buried 35 goals in 20 games so should be top scorer before long.

As it's the same player, I'll add that 86 Alessandrini has scored 66 goals in 51 games so he would be approaching top scorer status but that card now plays in the MLS reserve team and has scored his last 5 goals there rather than in the strong main MLS side.

Neither 84 or 82 RW Alessandrini had anything approaching 1.00 or higher, might go back and check what their record was however. Due to this I'm not counting the two god cards as one player.

With Alessandrini, I had been thinking the 92 card did not *feel* as strong as the 86 version but realised last night when checking stats that he has a better gpg (1.75 vs 1.29) and from RW instead of ST, which I anticipated would lead to a lower goals rate, so is obviously performing better. If I could train myself to use driven shots instead of curled ones I think I would probably get at least another 0.5 per game with him.

If we have any top players here, should I be using driven from inside the box when the angle is not sharp enough for the curler? Which post do you tend to aim at?

Top Bottom