• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT11| Have Mercy

NeoRaider

FrequentAncientBassethound-size_restricted.gif

Mercy

*Resurrect

-Cast time increased from 0 seconds to 1.75 seconds
-Mercy's movement speed is now reduced by 75% while casting
and can now be interrupted when Mercy is knocked back, stunned, or hacked

*Valkyrie

-When activated, Resurrection no longer has a cast time

Developer Comment: We feel that Mercy's recent rework has been successful, but her Resurrect ability still feels too strong and frustrating to play against. Now that it has a cast time, there is more room for enemies to counter the ability. However, casting Resurrect happens instantly when Valkyrie is active. This should make her feel powerful when she transforms on the battlefield.

LMAO, this CAN'T be real! XD

NeoRaider

I have heard people say Mercy is too good right now. Do you think the nerf is unwarranted?

I know that she can be annoying and all. But these changes... they don't even know what to do with her anymore.

This screams: "Kill me, i am resurrecting my teammate!" It's a suicide mission.

At least they buffed Ana's DMG... i am going back to her.

I know that she can be annoying and all. But these changes... they don't even know what to do with her anymore.

This screams: "Kill me, i am resurrecting my teammate!" It's a suicide mission.

At least they buffed Ana's DMG... i am going back to her.

Fair enough. I hadnt played this game since the Summer Games event, but this time I have noticed quite a few Mercy players diving into the fray, almost kamikaze-like, to try and get one of their teammates rezzed. Looks like that will change.

IISANDERII

PS4 player here and honestly feel like Mercy was less powerful before. Hope this new nerf helps to bring her back down enough.

Also, I really feel like Junk needs a nerf too, especially regarding his ultimate, how fast he can get it, the radius etc

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I duo'd with a friend and went 9w-1l, got an all time career high of 3163, 101 points above my last season's end lmao

Ooh, the new title screen with all the statues and flags looks pretty impressive.
Im almost tempted to watch, but I dont think FPS games make for good spectator sports.

NeoRaider

I can't believe that AMD and Blizzard developers can't fix AMD drivers crash since July.
More than 10 drivers released since then and games is still crashing with all drivers after 17.7.1. Ugh... :/

Maraj

Neo Member
Ooh, the new title screen with all the statues and flags looks pretty impressive.
Im almost tempted to watch, but I dont think FPS games make for good spectator sports.

I've tried watching some tournaments but it's all a little awkward and all over the place.

I've tried watching some tournaments but it's all a little awkward and all over the place.

Yeah, I like playing FPS's, but watching others play just doesnt interest me. Maybe I'd feel differently if the was a camera that showed a large part of the "field"?

On another issue, I was just playing the Horizon space base level. The team just lost objective A, so (as Widow), I went and waited on a little platform near the spawn room, at objective B. My team were somehow holding the other team back, to the extent that no opponent even came into view for me, for a few minutes. Then I got the inactivity clock countdown on my screen, I ran back towards objective A, whilst firing off a few shots from my gun and yet the game still booted me. So stupid.

I saw the new character. Moira? She looks kinda interesting. Dont really like her outfit. I was hoping for Junkrats boss, TBH. She looked good in that poster.
That Reinhardt video was awesome though. Lots of action and gave a real insight into Reinhardts boss/mentor. I had always wondered what the story with him in that throne room was. Very cool. The last Overwatch video I saw (Mei), was really boring.

Minamu

Am I the only one who has had massive lag spikes today? Sweden and ps4 btw. I'm usually hovering around 30ms, but today it jumped to ~500 ms several times. Is there a setting to only find games with good ping/eu players? If that's a thing. I'm in the worst firewall setting group so maybe that's why. It takes several minutes to find a lobby, even in quick play :/

I'm also watching the blizzcon tournament, france vs china, 4th round. Is it possible to have that group stats while playing? It'd be great to see my team mates health etc...

*Raises hand*
Yep. That's me.
Mercy main. Hundreds of hours across all modes. All I have managed to reach is Platinum rank twice and only this season. Currently gold.
I see people everywhere saying how it's insultingly easy to climb up as mercy, yet I struggle every other game and cannot seem to break through whatever ceiling I'm hitting.

being bad at thinking is really all there is

I'm running into a weird problem with Overwatch.. Over the last few days, I've noticed that it has been incredibly choppy. I have an i5 6600K with a 1080 GTX, so I can typically run all games at ultra settings with no problem, and Overwatch has been one of these. Today while troubleshooting this, I turned on FPS diplay and noticed that when I enter queue for a game, my FPS drops from well over 100+ to 59-60. I have no idea what is causing this. I tried the FPS display option in the game, but that doesnt change, regardless of how I set it (except 30, which lowers it to 30). My Nvidia Control Panel settings are set how they should be (144hz for my primary display, 60 for my second two displays) with GSync turned on. No idea where this limitation is coming from.

Steam also crashes when entering Big Picture Mode, but Steam games seem to be unaffected by the FPS issue in Overwatch..

Any ideas?

darthbob

I'm running into a weird problem with Overwatch.. Over the last few days, I've noticed that it has been incredibly choppy. I have an i5 6600K with a 1080 GTX, so I can typically run all games at ultra settings with no problem, and Overwatch has been one of these. Today while troubleshooting this, I turned on FPS diplay and noticed that when I enter queue for a game, my FPS drops from well over 100+ to 59-60. I have no idea what is causing this. I tried the FPS display option in the game, but that doesnt change, regardless of how I set it (except 30, which lowers it to 30). My Nvidia Control Panel settings are set how they should be (144hz for my primary display, 60 for my second two displays) with GSync turned on. No idea where this limitation is coming from.

Steam also crashes when entering Big Picture Mode, but Steam games seem to be unaffected by the FPS issue in Overwatch..

Any ideas?

Using the latest 388.13 driver? I had to uninstall it because it was causing massive hitching in games like Wolfenstein 2 and Destiny, haven't tried with OW yet, but it probably would have affected it too.

I reverted back to 388.00 and have had no issues.

Thats a bit of a dick response.

its really not, its just the reality. hes played several hundred hours of mercy, a character who requires precisely zero mechanical skill and is still awful at her. what do you think the reason is? playing mercy well just requires some basic cause and effect deduction

xviper

why did the game became harder by matching you with pro players ?? what's going on ??

now quick feels like pre-season 7 competitive, and season 7 competitive feels like heart attack

Using the latest 388.13 driver? I had to uninstall it because it was causing massive hitching in games like Wolfenstein 2 and Destiny, haven't tried with OW yet, but it probably would have affected it too.

I reverted back to 388.00 and have had no issues.

I'm not sure what is going on.. I had issues then Windows ran an update, which fixed it.. Then last night, it happened again. I checked for Windows updates and after that, it started working fine again. I've been on the latest nvidia driver the whole time.

Minamu

why did the game became harder by matching you with pro players ?? what's going on ??

now quick feels like pre-season 7 competitive, and season 7 competitive feels like heart attack
I've noticed this too sort of. I'm level 80, got matched yesterday with someone close to me, and 4 others most of whom were sub-20. The other team had mostly higher levels than myself. We couldn't even get out of the spawn on several maps.

Schlep

S7 comp feels like a heart attack in a good way. I went 8-2 in placements, and currently 15-7-1 hitting masters for the first time. It feels like, for the first time, most teams I end up on actually know how to play the heroes they pick and know how to play as a team. If not for a disconnect, and a spectacular throw by someone in a game, I'd be 17-5-1.

Maybe the casuals are starting to fall off to other games (temporarily?).

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
What the fuck normally hover around 2700 have.a 7-3 placements and it puts me at 2420? Fuck off blizzard

xviper

Moira is boring to play as and she's weak as fuck, by far the worst hero in Overwatch so far

is no Limits back for good ?? or is it just temporary ?? i hope they keep it, it's the best Overwatch mode, nothing will be more fun than playing on defense with 5 Torbjorn and 1 Mercy, of course the attackers will be living a nightmare unless they are pros

xviper

if you're having trouble with multiple Moira, just do a WinstonXmercy combo, you will easily destroy them

getting carried into masters and quickly dropping back out isnt "being masters for 3 seasons"

I was not carried since I always solo queue. Looking at my statistics my main heroes are master and sometimes even GM level.

There is a reason Hanzo is hated so much. He is the hardest hero in the game. Therefor only a small amount of people are good with him.

edit: aaaaaaaaand another loss thanks to a shitty Hanzo refusing to switch. It's amazing how delusional they are int his game.

Top Bottom