• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Fire

Half of this chapter focused on how jinbei will die for luffy

Man i swear oda if u kill jinbei that will be a really bad move
I will have to break something

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I have to say, I'm usually not a fan of localizing actual names for characters. Inuarashi, Nekomamushi, and Katakuri should probably all remain as-is. BUT Dogstorm, Catviper and Dogtooth are all really badass sounding names, so I'm a little torn...

daveo42

Banned
Even for a relatively short chapter, there was so much packed in there that it felt like a much loner chapter tbh. So many new characters, all the underworld bosses, and Katakuri making an appearance. Observation Haki so good he can see slightly into the future? JoJo references? Badass character design? Cannot wait for all of this shit to hit the fan at the Tea Party.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Your next line is going to be "It's about time the best JoJo got a reference in One Piece".

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Your next line is going to be "It's about time the best JoJo got a reference in One Piece".

Yessssssssssss

so,the underworld in the onepiece universe involves

prostitution
organ trade
corpses disposal (?)
and a network managed by a guy who is in charge of the shipment and one that it's in charge of the storage.

plus we have

weapons trafficking/devil fruit trafficking

quite the bouquet of criminal activities

Also, the president of the world news (who is of course a huge bird).

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
What does it do well?

Smart how?

Well I won't belabor it beyond this post since this is the wrong thread, but it's very fast paced, and has pretty enjoyable interactions between the limited characters.

Smart-wise, it's got a lot of science in it, they're kind of re-discovering (or just re-implementing since one of them is a genius) modern science in a paleolithic kind of era, so there are bits where they're explaining how some fundamental scientific or technological concept works, and how they could implement it with limited resources.

But then there's also a guy who can knock out lions by punching them so.. it's definitely still a shounen manga. It's kind of a mix of sciencey stuff with more pulpy cool-dude posturing. And some potential drama and conflict starting to rear its head in the latest chapter.

There's just 4 chapters so far, it's a quick poke if you wanna see if it tickles your nether-regions.

Veelk

Banned
There's just 4 chapters so far, it's a quick poke if you wanna see if it tickles your nether-regions.

I have read the first chapter a while back and my nethers were sadly untickled, but if it found it's footing, I'm willing to give it another shot.

LotusHD

Banned
Great chapter, more names to memorize, which is something I actually doing when it comes to this manga lol

Luffy and co. are fucked....

Also like y'all said, I like how Jinbe spoke about the whole "leaving Big Mom" thing again.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
For real though, we now have multiple BILLION-PLUS fighters running around, no one on the Straw Hat crew has a bounty that even remotely approaches that. If we have someone like Zoro or Sanji manage to defeat one I'm gonna call shenanigans.

LotusHD

Banned
For real though, we now have multiple BILLION-PLUS fighters running around, no one on the Straw Hat crew has a bounty that even remotely approaches that. If we have someone like Zoro or Sanji manage to defeat one I'm gonna call shenanigans.

Bounties aren't the end-be-all regarding power levels though... You'd think people would know this by now when we are 800+ chapters in lol

At this point I expect once the Vinsmokes find out the truth, Dogtooth and any other commanders might be left for one or all of them to subdue while the Straw Hats handle other matters. Or maybe Straw Hat members and Vinsmoke siblings will pair off per commander

Veelk

Banned

I mean, Luffy already beat Cracker and he was in the 850,000,000 range.

I do agree though, Sanji should not beat anybody.

caliph95

I mean, Luffy already beat Cracker and he was in the 850,000,000 range.

I do agree though, Sanji should not beat anybody.
I mean he needed Nami's weather staff plus the homies were helping her Luffy by himself needed to go Gear four and still couldn't do much against cracker, he would have lost by himself.

smurfx

get some go again
if luffy had zoro go to multiple islands and just kill everybody on sight i bet his bounty would quickly approach 1 billion. not many can stop him at this point and we have only seen glimpses of what he can really do. anyways i really hope bonney or weevle have already shown up and are at the reception already. hoping we have other guests waiting already that oda didn't show so it can be a surprise. would love it if crocodile or even moria show up. we really need others to join in against big mom once the craziness starts.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Bounties aren't the end-be-all regarding power levels though... You'd think people would know this by now when we are 800+ chapters in lol

I know they don't translate directly to power levels, but at the same time, historically people have only fought against people with comparable bounties. Or at least within a couple hundred thousand. And Sanji got clowned by Vergo and Doflamingo. A matchup against a sweet commander should turn him into ash.

LotusHD

Banned
I know they don't translate directly to power levels, but at the same time, historically people have only fought against people with comparable bounties. Or at least within a couple hundred thousand. And Sanji got clowned by Vergo and Doflamingo. A matchup against a sweet commander should turn him into ash.

I'm just saying, use stuff like the bolded as a reason as to why Sanji would lose (I think Zoro could take on a Sweet Commander/Calamity though, based on his track record), not the bounties, because as we know, they aren't the end-be-all. But I suppose that 1 billion+ is a new record, so we're going to have to get people used to this all over again.

convo

Even for a relatively short chapter, there was so much packed in there that it felt like a much loner chapter tbh. So many new characters, all the underworld bosses, and Katakuri making an appearance. Observation Haki so good he can see slightly into the future? JoJo references? Badass character design? Cannot wait for all of this shit to hit the fan at the Tea Party.

This opens up all sorts of theories with this being a thing now. Gol.D Roger being able to see the future and all sorts of other crackpot theories.

Veelk

Banned

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that Sanji is probably going to fight his brothers and maybe Judge himself. Trash can only be taken out by trash. I'm guessing Luffy is going to try and take on Dogtooth and maybe Big Mom herself. Probably not win, but atleast fight.

I don't know whats going to happen with the female commander. Probably Nami/Carrot tag team. After that Nami goes down and she 1v1's Smoothie, Luffy is going to be so impressed he invites to the crew as co-captain.

TheChits

All the new characters look amazing. Man this arc is shaping up to be one of the best. I can't imagine how crazy things are about to get

I mean he needed Nami's weather staff plus the homies were helping her Luffy by himself needed to go Gear four and still couldn't do much against cracker, he would have lost by himself.

I don't think this matters that much in a shonen series. Gear 4 will be like SS2 in DBZ; a big deal against its first opponent then nothing at all for the rest of them.

Oxn

if luffy had zoro go to multiple islands and just kill everybody on sight i bet his bounty would quickly approach 1 billion. not many can stop him at this point and we have only seen glimpses of what he can really do. anyways i really hope bonney or weevle have already shown up and are at the reception already. hoping we have other guests waiting already that oda didn't show so it can be a surprise. would love it if crocodile or even moria show up. we really need others to join in against big mom once the craziness starts.

Cant wait until bonney enters the fray. If shes even relevant to this.

Taborcarn

Big News looks like he could be somehow related to/evolved from the birds on Chopper's timeskip island. Weren't they supposed to be intelligent?

Ray Down

Banned
anyways i really hope bonney or weevle have already shown up and are at the reception already. hoping we have other guests waiting already that oda didn't show so it can be a surprise. would love it if crocodile or even moria show up. we really need others to join in against big mom once the craziness starts.

Why would Croc, Weevil or Moria be guests?

Weevil is after Luffy, but there's no way he be invite/get into WCI just to get him.
Moria will show up during Wano due to Kaido.
Croc we don't even know what's he's doing.

Cant wait until bonney enters the fray. If shes even relevant to this.

Bonney has some chance she she had a candy boat, but Oda could explain somehow that she just stole a boat from them.

Ogodei

Why would Croc, Weevil or Moria be guests?

Weevil is after Luffy, but there's no way he be invite/get into WCI just to get him.
Moria will show up during Wano due to Kaido.
Croc we don't even know what's he's doing.

Bonney has some chance she she had a candy boat, but Oda could explain somehow that she just stole a boat from them.

Bonney would just eat Whole Cake Island herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom