• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactus

Banned
Crap, I forgot to bring RE7 with me to work. If that trade-in value hasn't dropped, I could have traded it straight up for BotW :'-(

Dazzler

was wondering why EB Games decided to shut down the $10 trade in promo, then I came across a post on RFD by a guy who traded in over $1k worth of games

Iced

FUCK YOU AMAZON

I signed up for Prime because there was 1 neon left. By the time it brought me back to the page, it was gone. Ugh. How do I cancel this without penalty? This is horseshit.

Edit: Cancelled it and since I haven't used any of the benefits, I won't be charged anything.

soultron

Banned
Grey is still in stock, why not grab that?

FUCK YOU AMAZON

I signed up for Prime because there was 1 neon left. By the time it brought me back to the page, it was gone. Ugh. How do I cancel this without penalty? This is horseshit.

Edit: Cancelled it and since I haven't used any of the benefits, I won't be charged anything.

Ah, thanks for the reminder. I literally got renewed on Monday. Was happy to be able to cancel and get everything back. Amazon being late so many times this past year on release day shipping has made me drop it. I also don't use anything like Prime Video or the laughable Twitch bonuses.

Grimsen

So, if I find a Switch console at a different ebgames than where my preorders are, can I

A) transfer my preorders to another store to then pay the console with the credit, or

B) buy the console, return it at my ebgames, and then buy it again by transferring my credit?

I'm thinking of selling my switch . If anybody is Toronto is interested, let me know.

It's used, but in good condition. No left joycon problem and no screen scratching.

I'm looking for 580 total for this:
Grey Switch
breath of the wild
Extra official charger

It's got a screen protector on it, and I'll throw in the case I bought for it too.

So, if I find a Switch console at a different ebgames than where my preorders are, can I

A) transfer my preorders to another store to then pay the console with the credit, or

B) buy the console, return it at my ebgames, and then buy it again by transferring my credit?

A) No

B) Probably

NYR

FUCK YOU AMAZON

This is a ridiculous post. You signed up to a site that has proven re-supply of Switch and you bitch at the site because people beat you to the punch? All this proves is Amazon Prime is worth it - maybe you should of held on to it for the next re-supply, Amazon has had at least 2 more shipments whereas Best Buy has had 1 and sold out within a minute.

Iced

This is a ridiculous post. You signed up to a site that has proven re-supply of Switch and you bitch at the site because people beat you to the punch? All this proves is Amazon Prime is worth it - maybe you should of held on to it for the next re-supply, Amazon has had at least 2 more shipments whereas Best Buy has had 1 and sold out within a minute.

I was clearly just frustrated, thanks

Mimosa97

How much are people ready to pay these days for a sealed Switch on Kijiji ?

I remember those fucking scalpers having to significantly drop their prices on release day to move stock but now that the Switch has been out of stock for 2 weeks I wonder if they're starting to feel vindicated ...

Moltenix

Can anyone confirm that BotW Wii U and MK8 values are still $80 and $44 respectively after the 2x promo is applied? Those were the numbers I was seeing floating around few days ago.

Hoping to trade those in after work today.

Iced

he's still right though :lol

you probably deserved to keep the Prime and spend the money, you got lucky with their customer service

cool

How much are people ready to pay these days for a sealed Switch on Kijiji ?

I remember those fucking scalpers having to significantly drop their prices on release day to move stock but now that the Switch has been out of stock for 2 weeks I wonder if they're starting to feel vindicated ...

From what I'm seeing on Kijiji in Toronto, prices haven't changed much. Still about $50 more than retail on average.

Mimosa97

he's still right though :lol

you probably deserved to keep the Prime and spend the money, you got lucky with their customer service

That's not how Amazon works. I paid for prime and didn't use it for months. I contacted them to cancel my membership and they refunded me. It's just standard policy.

From what I'm seeing on Kijiji in Toronto, prices haven't changed much. Still about $50 more than retail on average.

Still 50$ too much but it could be worse I guess. Thanks.

Lexxism

Can anyone confirm that BotW Wii U and MK8 values are still $80 and $44 respectively after the 2x promo is applied? Those were the numbers I was seeing floating around few days ago.

Hoping to trade those in after work today.
Just give them a call. Today is the last day for double the credit.

Has anyone found a store in downtown Toronto carrying the official Switch case? Thing is impossible to find. I'd also go for the PDP case if it's the one without a design in it (Zelda, Mario, etc)

Iced

I've never had luck calling in for TIV's here at my usual Calgary locations. I'll just swing by anyway, maybe they'll randomly have a Switch in stock or something too.

Same here in Toronto. They often flat-out refuse to do it over the phone.

Ryde3

After talking to the rep, you'll have to do B) I believe - unless you just buy a bunch of accessories at the EB with your credit, then return those at the other store - but in interest of grabbing that Switch asap, B) sounds like your best bet.

Sidenote, THANK you guys, didn't realize the trade in deadline changed to today. I put off going yesterday and after checking out the thread just went on my lunch break for the last of my games.

eyesradar

lol was browsing the RFD EB trade-in thread out of curiousity. Some dude apparently bought a bunch cheapo game off eBay and Kijiji to trade in. Lost money due to the early cut-off of the deal then went mad. LOL.

Robert807

1 switch available at ebgames by the lcbo in Thunder Bay , I'm not sure about the other ebgames in the mall. I just got the switch , it sure is a small console. Truthfully it looks kinda cheaply made. I wish ebgames had some pro controllers left to buy. Im not sure if I'll like the joy con controller.

killroy87

lol was browsing the RFD EB trade-in thread out of curiousity. Some dude apparently bought a bunch cheapo game off eBay and Kijiji to trade in. Lost money due to the early cut-off of the deal the went mad. LOL.

Link to post? Nothing quite like a RFD scam backfiring

antibolo

Banned
So uh I just realized that I should get the Season Pass for BotW, but of course the Canadian pricing is shit because Nintendo hates Canada.

Is there anything I should know about buying Switch DLC from another country? I assume there are no Playstation-style restrictions? I already made a Japanese account to buy stuff on the first week so I'll probably get it from there if the price is right.

So uh I just realized that I should get the Season Pass for BotW, but of course the Canadian pricing is shit because Nintendo hates Canada.

Is there anything I should know about buying Switch DLC from another country? I assume there are no Playstation-style restrictions? I already made a Japanese account to buy stuff on the first week so I'll probably get it from there if the price is right.

EB also has trade one worth $12 or greater and get it for free. I believe that promo is still active.

Should be able to look of a list of $12 or greater on their site as well.

Moltenix

Cool, Zelda and MK8 will still get me 80 and 44 according to someone from RFD.

Anyway, I hate people that try to really take advantage of deals like this. This is why we can't have nice things...

Is it just for EDGE members or something?

Doesn't look like it. cut these out of the email image

hSxMar5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom