• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Player 1 Podcast Topic

SuperPac

Just imagine some video game talk amidst toddlers making noise - and you have an episode. Btw new episode won't be up until tomorrow night.

mik

mik is unbeatable
You'll also be getting a 60-minute Bioshock Infinite Spoilercast. Probably tomorrow. Maybe Tuesday.

You'll also be getting a 60-minute Bioshock Infinite Spoilercast. Probably tomorrow. Maybe Tuesday.

I guess Bioshock has the distinction of being the one game a year everyone and their mom decides to spoiler-cast (this year's Walking Dead). You all need to spread the love around; P1P spoilers-casts Game A, GWJ does Game B, Weekend Confirmed does Game C... Did we ever get a To The Moon discussion?

mik

mik is unbeatable
Well, to be honest, I wasn't wild about the idea of doing a Bioshock Infinite spoilercast for that very reason (along with the fact that I find it more fun to record them for a game I'm really passionate about or fascinated with). However--I think it's a good discussion and slightly different than some of the others that are out there, near as I can tell.

eznark

Banned
I'm glad you guys are doing a spoilercast because everyone seems to have convinced themselves it's the greatest game in history except you, Mike.

mik

mik is unbeatable
i think everyone agreed it's not a technical marvel. it's the art direction that wins.

Mostly, yes. But the games with the best art direction find clever ways to disguise the fact that they're using an engine that seemingly predates Cliffy B's meat cube. If you're going to ask me to scour every nook and cranny looking for discarded cotton candy, it makes sense to give some care and love to those nooks and crannies.

LiK

Mostly, yes. But the games with the best art direction find clever ways to disguise the fact that they're using an engine that seemingly predates Cliffy B's meat cube. If you're going to ask me to scour every nook and cranny looking for discarded cotton candy, it makes sense to give some care and love to those nooks and crannies.

aside from the technical stuff, i hope you'll go into what you thought of the story and themes.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Of course we do. Man cannot live by graphics alone.*

*and incessantly tapping X to pick up each individual coin, and moving on tank treads, and pressing X to tie corset, and... ;)

eznark

Banned
At least you don't have to tap X to interact with the NPC's since they give no fucks about what is going on around them!

LiK

Of course we do. Man cannot live by graphics alone.*

*and incessantly tapping X to pick up each individual coin, and moving on tank treads, and pressing X to tie corset, and... ;)

you loved the corset part.

Heh. I feel jealous every time I see a beautiful PC screenshot, and then when I see something like this I don't feel so bad about playing on console :)

i've been replaying on 360 and it definitely looks way worst than PC overall. it's like they overcompensated by making everything look like it has vaseline over it. not crisp or as clear as the PC ver and the lighting is less impressive. framerate was worst too.

SuperPac

New episode is up, and if you have the P1 app - the Bioshock Infinite spoilercast Mike, stewy, Kaz, and P-Dodd did is up now as well (and I'll probably toss that on the regular feed Wednesday too).

#336: The Kooch

This week! Disney closes up LucasArts, "Always-On" Xbox 720 rumors get out of control, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Bioshock Infinite, Harmoknight, Kerbal Space Program, Badland and more! Baby noises mostly edited out of the audio version of this episode, but still present in the video (so you can see what you missed out on).

Audio - http://traffic.libsyn.com/playerone/04_08_13-Episode336.mp3
Video - http://youtu.be/99S5cPGSVQ4
Blog - http://www.playeronepodcast.com/336

eznark

Banned
Mike, LEGO City is fantastic. I have only ever liked one other LEGO game before (the most recent batman) but this one is great. I'm about halfway through it and Infinite and I can tell you one is way more fun than the other.

LiK

The Injustice costumes are original redesigns. It's obvious they will sell costume DLCs. The Lex Luther suit is canon. He always uses that to fight superheroes.

Also, Spoilercast with only half the crew? :(

stewy

It appears half our crew isn't willing to neglect their children and wives long enough to finish the game in any sort of timely manner. Screwed up priorities all around.

This is also really part of another podcast series Mr. Mike has been doing for a while - Spoiled in 60 Minutes. There have been a few of them before this: Portal 2, LA Noire, Heavy Rain, and more.

LiK

It appears half our crew isn't willing to neglect their children and wives long enough to finish the game in any sort of timely manner. Screwed up priorities all around.

This is also really part of another podcast series Mr. Mike has been doing for a while - Spoiled in 60 Minutes. There have been a few of them before this: Portal 2, LA Noire, Heavy Rain, and more.

I blame Luigi's Mansion for this! Anyway, I look forward to it.

:lol I'm in the wrong line of work. I would have been begging for a shodn code weeks ago. This guy isn't up to date on indie games
The thing is, I'm not sure if he's asking for a code on any current systems (which really contradicts him begging for it to be ported) or if he's asking for a code to download a version that doesn't exist yet.

SuperPac

I think he was asking for a Steam code, as the game's been out on Steam since February. But, there's also the Flash version (though the Steam version is quite a bit improved and has a bunch of new stuff). Anyway, it's all gravy.

demidar

Special episode up!

Bioshock Infinite: Spoiled in 60 Minutes

Our own Greg Sewart and Mike Phillips join podcasting pals Nick Kosareo of The Rumble Pack and Pete Dodd of For Your FYI for a spoiler-filled discussion of Irrational Games’ latest entry in the ‘Shock series. Would you kindly listen?

Blog - http://www.playeronepodcast.com/2013/04/10/bioshock-infinite-spoiled-in-60-minutes/
Audio - http://traffic.libsyn.com/playerone/04_10_13-Bioshock.mp3

Yeah, the first thing I did in the game was look down to see if I had feet. I didn't. Also water reflections don't even show you. Booker is quite literally a talking gun attached to a pair of floating arms not connected to anything tangible.

LiK

Mike mentioned one of my favorite reveals in Bioshock 2. Good man.

I'm also glad Pete was in this. Interesting POV about the
alcoholism
angle. Never thought of that.

Yeah, the first thing I did in the game was look down to see if I had feet. I didn't. Also water reflections don't even show you. Booker is quite literally a talking gun attached to a pair of floating arms not connected to anything tangible.
Does he even have a shadow? I can't remember.

Nope, neither does he block light rays and projectors which was mentioned on the spoilercast.
That's what I thought, haven't listened (yet).

I seem to recall an instance where another character cast a shadow and Booker didn't and we were right next to each other.

Top Bottom