• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT11| Have Mercy

Kysen

I finally did it and made it into GM. This season has been insane, every game pretty much whole team cooperating and in voice. And best of all there have been plenty of tank mains so I could just focus on Dva. The placements putting me 200 higher than I finished last season (3600) was a massive help as the quality of the matches is like night and day.
I think i'm done with this account and will focus on my main.

I was not carried since I always solo queue. Looking at my statistics my main heroes are master and sometimes even GM level.

There is a reason Hanzo is hated so much. He is the hardest hero in the game. Therefor only a small amount of people are good with him.

edit: aaaaaaaaand another loss thanks to a shitty Hanzo refusing to switch. It's amazing how delusional they are int his game.

You can be carried in solo by a wave of positive variance. And i agree hanzo mains are mostly trash but theres an equal probability they will be on enemy team

BJK

I guess most of the old guard are gone, because otherwise there would be a lot more discussion about the Winter Wonderland event.

Managed to get a dual legendary chest tonight...
...tokens, and...
...a non-holiday skin (Sunyatta).

Aside from Orisa's puppy emote, I don't know there's anything I'm overly compelled to buy this time around.

Thanks to the yeti hunt games, I managed to open 4 chests today. I got one Legendary costume - Tracers Elf outfit from last year :(

I don't know there's anything I'm overly compelled to buy this time around.

Yeah, there isnt anything in there I really want either. I kind of like Sombras icy elf outfit though. I'll put a few hours in, to chase that.

I know this place is dead, but thought I'd drop this here since I no longer have an acceptable email to join the new place.

Finally made diamond after a few seasons. I learned to rarely flex pick and just try to carry on dps. Much less stressful.

Cheers.

bigedole

Hi all, I was actually looking to see if there was an old Overwatch community topic I could ressurrect but didn't see one. I'm looking for some people to play OW with, I played with some GAFers way back when at release but kind of drifted away. I randomly ran into one of them in an Arcade mystery heroes game the other day and it made me want to see if anyone here is interested in playing :) I'm on PS4, west coast, play for at least an hour or two most evenings. I'm open to comp (2900-3k skill rating) but I mostly just do Arcade and Quickplay. I always use a headset and I'd prefer to play with people who talk, it's just more fun that way :) My PSN is Ellery01, feel free to hit me up!

Bald-N-Furious

Neo Member
EU PS4 player here looking for people to play comp with and reach Master rank, im a Diamond player who mains Zenyatta and Soldier, feel free to add me on Subutai_HD on PSN

Last edited:

TheContact

warning: do not play comp games since the patch (at least on PC) it's bugged. the game will crash at half time or you won't gain or lose SR on some games.

I cant play this game at all right now.
Im in Australia on XB1 and despite having a DL speed of 30mb and an open NAT, the update wont download. I tried restarting the XB1 and router multiple times etc, but no luck. It took half an hour to download 16kb. lol
I hope it works tomorrow, because I wanted to play this event.

Iaterain

I love almost every Overwatch map and the new Busan one isn't exception. The art style and colors are very pleasing to look at. The people who made them are very talented.

Hanamura give me strong "No one lives forever II" vibes.

Celcius

°Temp. member

Overwatch anniversary event starts tomorrow
Has anyone seen any of the new skins yet?

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

I miss Overwatch and have been tempted to start playing again (I was never great but enjoyed it). Is it a good time to get back in? How has cheating been?

Paltheos

I miss Overwatch and have been tempted to start playing again (I was never great but enjoyed it). Is it a good time to get back in? How has cheating been?

Cheating hasn't been a problem. I've played the game for hundreds of hours on PC and have confirmed one cheater.

'Good time' may vary. There's some pretty annoying bullshit in the game, and there's some features people have been clamoring for, but the game can still be a good time.

I want to get back into OW but I'm just not getting back into the RNG crap with lootboxes. I got burnt bad by it and just refuse to go back.

If Blizzard dropped lootboxes and allowed to me to buy skins that I want for cash then I would for sure start playing again and spend more money into the game. Or even if they just allowed me to buy skins that I want for cash. If they charged $10 per legendary skin with a skin on a weekly sale I would have zero problems with it.

Maestr0

Damn, I just finished my placement in dps, and I got 200 to 300 more sr than my last one, so now I'm 3k3 instead of 3k

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Damn, I just finished my placement in dps, and I got 200 to 300 more sr than my last one, so now I'm 3k3 instead of 3k

While I'm not a complete fan of competitive role queue, I think it is better for analyzing skills for each type of role. Like, you're no longer being put down for having to play Ana when you're a Pharah main.

Top Bottom