• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Calderc

SMGs are absolutely fine too...

Some praise the Grenade weapons...

I feel like there's some "easier" weapons but everything seems viable

They're not fine as they require some mobility, which is instantly punished as you're picked off from across the map.

Gave 4 different people TitanFall 2 as a holiday gift. Between those, my digital copy, and the second copy I bought off Amazon for the steelbook and resold on craigslist, Ive sure done my part to support this game, lol

deoee

Jay: "Tone is........ so fun to... to Kill." :D

Gave 4 different people TitanFall 2 as a holiday gift. Between those, my digital copy, and the second copy I bought off Amazon for the steelbook and resold on craigslist, Ive sure done my part to support this game, lol

Username doesn't check out :D

Good job, hope they like it :)

Arttemis

Very cool! I have been trying to get my friend to drop Destiny for this, but I don't think anything will work to draw him away.

EDIT - Gravity Star an ejecting pilot, grapple them for kill. I want to try that!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I think I've honestly been thrown into an in progress game maybe 3 times since I started playing, and I'm having trouble thinking of any lopsided games I've joined in progress.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Dang, that's very generous of you! Hope they can enjoy it with you/us :)

Playing Attrition in Complex and Crash Site is a nightmare for low level players. The lack of mobility makes us easy pickings for Titans since their almost no where to hide. It's terrifying, especially when we're getting clobbered and the other team has 3-4 Titans.

I know these two maps are already hated for other reasons. I didn't mind them that much in PvP because it was a nice change of pace from the other maps. But the inability to hide from Titans is now why I hate them in anything other than PvP.

Argonomic

I've been making games, in various forms, since childhood. Always to entertain. Seeing the work shared among friends is particularly meaningful to me.

*salute*

Unicorn

Why is PC playerbase so low? I'd love for an opt in option for cross platform play.

Also why aren't the players searching in mixtape added to people specifically looking for hard point. Went mix tape and got into a hard point match quick and in the specific Playlist only 5 people there now.

Vipu

Banned
Why is PC playerbase so low? I'd love for an opt in option for cross platform play.

Also why aren't the players searching in mixtape added to people specifically looking for hard point. Went mix tape and got into a hard point match quick and in the specific Playlist only 5 people there now.

Cross platform in fps game?

Yeah lets stomp even more those console scrubs!

Izuna

Banned
Turn game on.

Loads up map.

Connection to server timed out.

Counts as loss.

Meh, forget, it, I wanted to have a couple of games before I leave but I guess that isn't happening. No one's playing Bounty Hunt anyways.

EDIT: OMFG IT HAPPENED AGAIN

Fuck this...

EDIT2: Titanfall 1 has no problems. Geez, what is up with the servers...

Makikou

Turn game on.

Loads up map.

Connection to server timed out.

Counts as loss.

Meh, forget, it, I wanted to have a couple of games before I leave but I guess that isn't happening. No one's playing Bounty Hunt anyways.

EDIT: OMFG IT HAPPENED AGAIN

Fuck this...

EDIT2: Titanfall 1 has no problems. Geez, what is up with the servers...

Video, when? :D

Rayme

Respawn, please fix the Charge Rifle quick swapping shenanigans. Just lost to it in Coliseum and I'm so salty right now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5i0tuz/charge_rifle_glitch_vs_legit_comparison_this/

I's a lame bug, but shouldn't be happening in Coliseum. Afaik it depends on the quick-charge mod to work. I... could be totally wrong though. Hrm.

I think everyone agrees with you. Improvements coming.

Izuna

Banned
I's a lame bug, but shouldn't be happening in Coliseum. Afaik it depends on the quick-charge mod to work. I... could be totally wrong though. Hrm.

It happens even without it. People on PC use a Macro for it.

--

THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T USE WARPFALL, lol
5BxQuRx.gif
-- I would be so pissed.

--

fLoTf2v.png

lol... Feel sorry for this pilot

I'm seeing more people use A-Wall + Devotion on Eden. It's really annoying, because I usually end up having to be the one to flank them and it prevents me from getting other stuff done.
Respawn, please fix the Charge Rifle quick swapping shenanigans. Just lost to it in Coliseum and I'm so salty right now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5i0tuz/charge_rifle_glitch_vs_legit_comparison_this/
This and the Ion Vortex Shield issue are the two huge issues I have with the game right now. Getting your Titan chunked hard in less than a second due to that exploit is extremely aggravating.

Vipu

Banned

I think everyone agrees with you. Improvements coming.

It still does work in Coliseum too, just a bit slower than with quick perk but still a ton faster than using it normally.

Also YES PLZ fast improvement needed to mix the mixtape players with normal modes intead of its own queue, that would fix all the player problems for other modes.

Izuna

Banned
My stats: https://s30.postimg.org/7ou14gm29/Czjme9e_W8_AQO5_Nx_jpg_large.jpg

As you can see from my stats I like using the V-47 Flatline. It's a gun I've rarely seen discussed about here. Is it underlooked or am I putting myself at a disadvantage each game lol?
I do try using other guns but always end up going back to the Flatline. Anyone else 'main' the Flatline?

You play mostly PvP? Your Pilot kills are much higher but my Titan kills are much higher.

NqRqLFc.png

LvtttYh.gif

Vipu

Banned
PC
(just 44min difference in playtime with Izuna!!)

7311ec87a1.jpg

Wtf is this crap map cycles, I have quit 3 crash site games in row already, how long do I have to try before I can get other map?

SwolBro

Banned
Should I just give up and use Ar's? Rhey seem to be the only viable options these days.
Yeah, after the volt nerf the smg's took a back seat. The CAR and alternator are still viable but you have to either be really good with the have high level mobility or be pretty good with the phase shift .

Once and if they nerf hemlock, devotion and g2 then I think everything will come back to being level

Wtf is this crap map cycles, I have quit 3 crash site games in row already, how long do I have to try before I can get other map?

Matchmaking will try to put you into the same map if you didn't complete match on it, so it is useless to quit and avoid a map.

Guys, I'm really sick of Exoplanet :( Get me off this Exoplanet.

Also, for some reason I'm not doing too well with Tone... Are we sure it's overpowered?

Vipu

Banned
Matchmaking will try to put you into the same map if you didn't complete match on it, so it is useless to quit and avoid a map.

But it wasnt same, it was at very start of game when you are in dropship when I went in.
Or you mean REALLY that if I dont finish Crash site it wont put me in slot to other map because I didnt finish Crash site? Source for this info it true.

SwolBro

Banned
Guys, I'm really sick of Exoplanet :( Get me off this Exoplanet.

Also, for some reason I'm not doing too well with Tone... Are we sure it's overpowered?
Yes but not by much anymore.

Only 2 things left to do:

1- sonar pulse should not paint target lock (I still don't understand why they insist on this)
2- make it slightly harder to hit pilots with the 40

That's it.

Izuna

Banned

Wait.. Really? This would explain so much. :|

--

Tone has the most survivability as well as having the best Core.

I should have recorded it, but I basically cycled through 3 enemy Titan kills (had a Salvo Core each time because you get it so fast, esp if you kill pilots in between) and then Nuclear Ejected onto an Auto-Titan, got my Tone back... and when I finally "traded" with an Ion, I had gotten almost 110 Attrition Points right there and then.

You just can't do that with any other Titan. Scorch comes the closest, but he needs to swap Nuclear for Turbo Engine.

It's funny because the average player has the most defense against Salvo Core... if they are a Tone.

Yes but not by much anymore.

Only 2 things left to do:

1- sonar pulse should not paint target lock (I still don't understand why they insist on this)
2- make it slightly harder to hit pilots with the 40

That's it.

I'm already finding it hard to hit Pilots, hell for some reason I'm finding it hard to paint Titans... could have sworn I hit the target but it never registered

Izuna

Banned
I'm already finding it hard to hit Pilots, hell for some reason I'm finding it hard to paint Titans... could have sworn I hit the target but it never registered

IMO, you should save your Sonar for when a Titan deploys Electric Smoke (it'll let you seem them through it lol), or if they're in their dome (less, Tone is the ONLY Titan who can take advantage of a Titan in a dome...) --

You can still use the Tracker Rockets if you have 3 locks, even if it doesn't show up on screen.

In my opinion, you should try to avoid battles with Tone as a Tone. Even if you win (which you might not if they have the better Wall and you don't etc.) you'll likely trade.

Ofc. use your smoke for Pilots, but use your smoke for when Titans want to dash through your Wall. It's SUPER predictable. You'll always get a Salvo Core after winning one fight, so use it to get the jump on another Titan.

As for Pilots... I don't know what to say. You'll get the hang of it.

Greddleok

Just find the play style of Tone a little boring. I really like Ronin, but I've been finding the core a little underwhelming.

Izuna

Banned
Just find the play style of Tone a little boring. I really like Ronin, but I've been finding the core a little underwhelming.

This is true. It's very boring.

Since I'm playing R1 in between R2 sessions, it's kinda mind-boggling how Titan combat is so strict in this game.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

Confession time : When I first started playing with Ronin I kept using the melee button during sword core instead of RT, lol. I was like wtf is this shit. But I'm an idiot so ...

Funny moment from last night, I got revenge killed by the Pilot who's titan I dropped with the MGL and arc grenades. I couldn't help but laugh at killcam, just dropped in and melee'd me in the face.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/LiquidJM/video/24622121

Playing LTS exclusively now, glad it's on the front page of playlists :D

SwolBro

Banned
I'll admit that sentry turret in attrition isn't much of a problem. It's really bad in pvp though. Game breaking bad.

Hemlok is completely broken in all modes, for all play styles. it's a monster for range , mid and with a little practice you'll destroy In close quarters just as easily as a shotgun lol

Top Bottom