• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Legacy's "Big Return" Revealed

Marvel has been teasing a major character return in this week's Marvel Legacy #1, and now we know that the hero in question is the
original Wolverine. What's more, when he returns, he'll be packing an Infinity Stone.

"Yes, Logan is back from the dead," Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso told ComicBook. "After three years of a Logan-free Marvel Universe, Logan is back, claws popped and ready for action. How he came back, why he came back, and just how he came into possession of that Infinity Stone are part of a fascinating story that's going to unveil soon, and in some unusual places."

https://www.newsarama.com/36555-marvel-legacy-1-s-big-return-revealed-spoilers.html

Christian

I really hope Marvel has a more unified plan moving forward, after the general mess post-Secret Wars. I love Marvel, but even I'll admit that, while some books are fantastic individually, the entire line seems somewhat rudderless.

PSqueak

Banned
Are they calling them
stones
in the comics now?

shit, next thing you'll tell me it's
they're retconning the colors too
, aren't ya?

jph139

Sam is Falcon again

Jane is (maybe) dying.

If All-New Wolverine gets cancelled Marvel will have dumped their three best legacy characters. Sad.

Sephzilla

After three years of a Logan-free Marvel Universe

xlMcwrs.gif

The minute they announced Jean was back I knew this was happening.

Now they'll get them together before resurrecting Scott because ITS SHOCKING.

Sigh.

Marvel is fucking dumb.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Sam is Falcon again

Jane is (maybe) dying.

If All-New Wolverine gets cancelled Marvel will have dumped their three best legacy characters. Sad.

I mean, X-23 and Sam are still around. They're the same characters even if their costumes change.

The minute they announced Jean was back I knew this was happening.

Now they'll get them together before resurrecting Scott because ITS SHOCKING.

Sigh.

Marvel is fucking dumb.

I see nothing wrong or dumb about that. About damn time, I say.

I just read that long essay about how renumbers and events drive down long-term comics readership. I'd say "apt timing" but it would have been apt timing at any point.

Eh, why not. Not going to read this but I'm glad he's returning. I'll read his next solo. I love Laura but the whole Wolverine legacy thing doesn't work for me. It's not a mantle like Flash, GL or even Spider-Man.

Wolverine isn't human or mutant along with sabertootha dn Wyldchild. He is an offshoot of early proto-humans

Shut up Jeph Loeb.
And don't you dare trash Lois and Clark. Clark and Diana was the boring couple.

Silexx

And Laura who is the current WOLVERINE

Any story that you might add can be done with them anyway he's just redundant

Especially when you have Jimmy and good Sabretooth

I like Laura as Wolverine, but her comic has been good to so-so for me. Old Man Logan is literally redundant though. They stripped everything from his original concept just so they could have him do everything that OG Logan would have done in the first place. I would much rather have the OG back in that case, so I'm glad he's finally returning.

Also glad they brought back Banner too, because Cho is not working as the Hulk for me. He's way better as a sidekick than the main character of the story.

Platy

Wolverine isn't human or mutant along with sabertootha dn Wyldchild. He is an offshoot of early proto-humans

Yeah that was before. This is the new "stone holding" inhuman Wolverine. Because that is the only way marvel will make people like inhumans.

Hell, dude was even in a coccon for a while =P

PixelatedBookake

We knew it was gonna happen eventually, but damn if I don't think Logan has no real point in this new post-616 universe. Like, we have Laura and Old Man Logan running around who are (haven't read much All New Wolverine) different takes on the "tortured soul who kills for good" that Wolverine had been doing for 40+ years. Idgaf about Wolverine coming back jeez. Leave the guy dead.

Bringing Banner back already is fucking hilarious though, Like seriously what the ever loving fuck was any of the point of Civil War 2: The civil warrening, then?

aly

Sam is Falcon again

Jane is (maybe) dying.

I mean Falcon was Sam's original name, there was no way he was going to stay Cap forever. Not like he was good at it anyway.

I swear Janes been dying for like 3 years now.

I mean Falcon was Sam's original name, there was no way he was going to stay Cap forever. Not like he was good at it anyway.

I swear Janes been dying for like 3 years now.

He got to do six freaking issues before they buried him in two events.

Slayven

Bringing Banner back already is fucking hilarious though, Like seriously what the ever loving fuck was any of the point of Civil War 2: The civil warrening, then?
In the language of the less evolved. They wanted to use it to "put over" Carol, to generate "heat" for her.

caliph95

I just wanted to mention the Neo

But Why?
THEY are doing some story about ultimate or different universe characters being brought to the main universe to be used as weapons
Plus Blue is kinda classic X-men in modern day but with Magneto instead of Charles and they need a young logan
Drum up sales

Top Bottom