• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreoleo

Didn't see this posted yet, apologies if "old":

Dear Steam Users and Steam Forum Users:

Our Steam forums were defaced on the evening of Sunday, November 6. We began investigating and found that the intrusion goes beyond the Steam forums.

We learned that intruders obtained access to a Steam database in addition to the forums. This database contained information including user names, hashed and salted passwords, game purchases, email addresses, billing addresses and encrypted credit card information. We do not have evidence that encrypted credit card numbers or personally identifying information were taken by the intruders, or that the protection on credit card numbers or passwords was cracked. We are still investigating.

We don’t have evidence of credit card misuse at this time. Nonetheless you should watch your credit card activity and statements closely.

While we only know of a few forum accounts that have been compromised, all forum users will be required to change their passwords the next time they login. If you have used your Steam forum password on other accounts you should change those passwords as well.

We do not know of any compromised Steam accounts, so we are not planning to force a change of Steam account passwords (which are separate from forum passwords). However, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to change that as well, especially if it is the same as your Steam forum account password.

We will reopen the forums as soon as we can.

I am truly sorry this happened, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Gabe.

Ain't that some shit :\

edit: k just saw the huge thread on the front page about it. im a dumb

Gexecuter said:
Don't you have any friends with a PC that contains either a Nvidia or ATI card UnluckyKate? You could also go to a cyber cafe that has windows PC, i bet some of those have recognizable ATI/Nvidia cards even if they are integrated.

I have them, but I wanted a friend who just jump in the Steam boat to get the conventional welcoming present

TOMp0.png

Anyone else getting this? :/ Tried restarting Steam and everything.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Gvaz said:
EYE is only 50% off? :(

It's only barely 4 months old and a 50% off sale would bring it down to $10.00. I'd imagine the discount will apply on 4 packs, too, bringing that price down to 7.50 per copy.

Expecting more than that, this early on, is just unrealistic.

Sober

Dice said:
E.Y.E. is tempting...
It is, but I think I'm going to lay low with Steam until the Christmas sale because of the forum hack, just in case. (Even though I have nothing to worry about and I'll probably whip it out when it does show up)

That and I should work on my backlog.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Thing is I want to keep that money on hand for the next inevitable sale on Paradox strategy titles.

coopolon

I can help one more person out with getting Skyrim tonight from Direct2Drive for $45.86 as long as you can paypal. I seem to recall people earlier asking.

Holy shit, L.A. Noire released before Skyrim, I started installing LA Noire before I preloaded SKyrim. Skyrim not only finished preloading first but it managed to decrypt itself a (usually a clusterfuck) day early without issue...and my install for L.A. Noire is still slowly chugging along. L.A. Noire has like 4GBs on Skyyrim but damn, I swear I installed Rage faster than this.

I have been waiting forever for F1 2010 to go on sale, but F1 2011 just went on sale for 50% off, so I can't complain!

Very happy considering I got Dirt 3 for free with my new PC, and Codemasters is my favorite racing developer of this generation.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have a bit of a hunch it may end up being in the Alpha Fund Indie Royal Bundle in a month, but that is just speculation.

Popstar

Hmmm. I was expecting the Alpha Fund bundle to be stuff in alpha, like Voxatron in the current Humble Bundle. But that's just a guess off the name.

EDIT: and the post above explains it.

Dice

Edit: lol double beaten

Edit 2: Several alpha fund games on Desura excite me.

Card Boy

Banned
Drkirby said:
Any of you guys know something about a Cave Story+

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3496710/cavestory%2B.png[/img

47MB, has a OS X version.[/QUOTE]

Any upcoming RPG's in the registry besides Risen 2? (like lesser known ones)

Dice

Just put together a list of the most interesting indie games to me in no particular order.

Oil Rush
King Arthur's Gold
Project Zomboid
Wizorb
Cave Story
Project Black Sun
Dreamscape
Mos Speedrun
To the Moon
Survivors of Ragnarök
Cardinal Quest
Navigator
Wyv and Keep: The Temple of The Lost Idol
Crystal Towers 2
Mechanic Infantry
Drains
8-bit Commando

-non Desura-
Owlboy
Grim Dawn
The Blackwell Series (only one of 4 is on Desura)
The Shivah
Ultratron

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
confused said:
So this bundle is already an alpha funding bundle ? Seen as all games are in the alpha funding section of Desura ?

All we know for now is that there is an upcoming bundle called the Alpha Fund bundle. Desura, the company behind the Indie Royale bundle, has a page up on their site for "Alpha fund" games, games you pay the upfront cost for now for access to preview builds and an eventual full copy sometime in the future.

This means that, most likely, the games in that bundle will be culled from the games in that alpha fund section on Desura.

Edit: I think understand what you're asking now. When you hit "browse all" on the site, for some reason, it brings up the full list of games available on Desura. The only alpha fund games currently available are the 9 listed on that page currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom