• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTTV Revealing New Sony Game "Very Soon", More

bridegur

Foil said:
What if it's a water based Motorstorm? With no Wave Race in sight I'd be super happy. Awesome water effects, big waves, crashes, etc. That could be a big enough change to get people excited about another Motorstorm.

This makes too much sense to too many people to actually happen.

theBishop said:
Agreed. I also would like to see more openness. If they can do a conceptual Island for Pacific Rift, why not go all the way and do Motorstorm Paradise proper?
I think they've reached a point, from a first-party perspective, where they could finally create a really good approximation of that trailer. The problem is their lazy reluctance to add in a cockpit view. It would really get it on the road (figuratively speaking) to looking like that target render just with this one addition. Add in some extremely obtrusive motion blur, the particles system from the Killzone 2 engine, and an MLAA solution for the jaggies, and in theory you could get it looking close. Or at least raise the whole graphics bar like Killzone 2 did.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I feel like people don't buy racing games anymore. Pretty much just one or two big franchise racing games and the rest eh.

evolution said:
I guess it could be motorstorm 3 but i was pretty sure evolution was working on something else as well.

Wipeout Ps3 - I think they merged together a while back.

Anyone know when in GMT the announcement will be?

bridegur

Y2Kev said:
I feel like people don't buy racing games anymore. Pretty much just one or two big franchise racing games and the rest eh.

Unfortunately these days, a lot of people only buy games that let them shoot people in bland settings or make them think they're exercising.

johnnylineup

Neo Member
Veritigo_X said:
Does anybody remember those rumors about Hardware Online Arena 2 developed by Incognito?

I completely forgot about the shitstorm that "epic reveal" caused. The blog that posted it hyped it to high hell and everyone gave them a big f-off once they admitted it was only Hardware2. I hadn't heard of the first game either, until I saw videos on youtube and realized I played it. Guess it didn't have that much of an impression on me. Good question on what the deal with that game is though, we haven't heard from incognito in quite some time.

-viper-

Banned
Y2Kev said:
This is true. The only racing game I plan on getting is GT5.

Motorstorm series is just too hardcore for me. Way too hard and its got shitty rubberband A.I.

I really hope its Killzone 3 or Syphon Filter.

tribal24

Banned
Y2Kev said:

theres reasoning for this though and that is local multi, most racing games this gen are single player

Corto

NIGHT- said:
Getting tired of Ratchet and Resistance sequels.

Being in the middle of R&C:ACIT I strongly disagree with what you posted. This last Ratchet is the best of the series, and one of the most genuinely fun games of the generation. So I wouldn't refuse a sequel if Insomniac can deliver a game of this quality. As for Resistance, the co-op missions of Resistance 2 were the multiplayer mode where I "wasted" more time of my life in any game that I played until now. So, potato... potatoe.

As for the topic of the thread I will take a guess that it's Syphon Filter. Let's wait and see tomorrow.

johnnylineup said:
I completely forgot about the shitstorm that "epic reveal" caused. The blog that posted it hyped it to high hell and everyone gave them a big f-off once they admitted it was only Hardware2. I hadn't heard of the first game either, until I saw videos on youtube and realized I played it. Guess it didn't have that much of an impression on me. Good question on what the deal with that game is though, we haven't heard from incognito in quite some time.

Well if Incognito is working on Starhawk, then they might've put Hardware 2 on the back burner. Or Sony could have given it to a different developer and changing the game around to become the new Twisted Metal, seeing as they are both car combat games.

thcsquad

Foil said:
Am I the only one who would like to see a new Medievil on PS3? What are the guys who made that doing these days?

Cambridge, and nothing besides PlayTV and helping London with Home.

theBishop

Banned
Xal-Shoota said:
Something completely new, or Announcement for Last Guardian. Anything else will not do.

Haven't you seen enough of The Last Guardian to know you want/love it? Anything more on that game will just be spoilers as far as I'm concerned.

The #1 thing I want to see right now is 3 minutes of gameplay for Rockstar's The Agent.

Mikey Jr.

Never play Syphon Filter in my life. So I checked some gameplay from Omega Strain.

No offense, but the game looks terrible.

beast786

theBishop said:
Haven't you seen enough of The Last Guardian to know you want/love it? Anything more on that game will just be spoilers as far as I'm concerned.

The #1 thing I want to see right now is 3 minutes of gameplay for Rockstar's The Agent.

Geoff said its a sequel. Hence no way its agent.

beast786

Mikey Jr. said:
Never play Syphon Filter in my life. So I checked some gameplay from Omega Strain.

No offense, but the game looks terrible.

The game was meant to be online only. But sony wanted SP and was tacked on at the end.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Syphon Filter would make a lot of sense actually. It could basically be Sony's Splinter Cell.

Y2Kev said:
Omega Strain IS horrible. Well, bad. But that was so long ago...

Exactly, its the worst game to look at to see what makes Syphon Filter great. Syphon Filter on the whole is pretty outdated but its not hard to imagine what it could bring in current gen form. The new one should be fast paced, great action, awesome boss fights, stealth portions, great weapons, with some effort put into the story.

Solid_Rain said:
Wipeout Ps3 - I think they merged together a while back.

Anyone know when in GMT the announcement will be?

Not exactly sure but sometime in the early morning of Friday, like 5/6am maybe?

YES UK-GAF NEEDS TO WAIT TILL FRIDAY. We need PS3 time travelling bug again over here to get us to Friday :lol

geinou

Neo Member
iceatcs said:
geoffkeighley.jpg

:lol :lol

I really don't "get" this guy. Seriously, I even don't know why. Maybe because of his interview questions.

Wark

Foil said:
What if it's a water based Motorstorm? With no Wave Race in sight I'd be super happy. Awesome water effects, big waves, crashes, etc. That could be a big enough change to get people excited about another Motorstorm.

I'd really love a new Jet Moto game.

Pistolero

I really don't "get" this guy. Seriously, I even don't know why. Maybe because of his interview questions.

Geoff is the best interviewer in the industry imo. Geoff, if you read us, keep up the good work ! :D

I have a feeling it's Syphon Filter's debut we're talking about...
A more reasonable expectation would be Motorstorm III, which could have benefited from a greater unerstanding of the PS3 architecture and the experience gleaned form making the two previous chapters. :D

geinou

Neo Member
Pistolero said:
Geoff is the best interviewer in the industry imo. Geoff, if you read us, keep up the good work ! :D

Yeah, I won't criticize him for his questions. But most of the time, I don't give a shit about the thinks he asks. Yet, he is asking stuff most of the people wanna know. So it's ok, I guess.

Yeah.

Pistolero

Sony Cambridge is meant to be making their own game finally...so Primal or Ghosthunter...?

I thought their sole purpose was to help with PS3 tech...unless I'm mistaking them for another team !

Top Bottom