• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Sigma's moveset probably wouldn't be based on a single game. he'd probably have most of his weapons no matter what design they went with

How many weapons does he have anyway

The Sigma/Ultron boss fusion is based on Sigma's design from X1, so if he shows up as a standalone character he's likely to use that design for the sake of consistency. It's also his most iconic and recurring look (Dead Rising 3, Street Fighter X All Capcom).

How exactly from just the glowing eyes can you tell the hybrid boss is based upon x1 sigma?

Harpoon

How exactly from just the glowing eyes can you tell the hybrid boss is based upon x1 sigma?

Because there's more than just the glowing eyes.

2NRxAzK.png

TreIII

The Sigma/Ultron boss fusion is based on Sigma's design from X1, so if he shows up as a standalone character he's likely to use that design for the sake of consistency. It's also his most iconic and recurring look (Dead Rising 3, Street Fighter X All Capcom).

The other thing I can imagine is to give him his own take on X's Armor Change/Upgrade mechanic. Have him start out in his base form, and perhaps give him access to his other forms via hypers.

If nothing else, it'd be a nice throwback to the X3 PSX/Windows anime intro where X and Sigma shifted between forms for their short-lived fight.

Have these tweets been discussed? They aren't specifically in regards to MvCI but it reveals what Capcom's thoughts were on certain possible additions to the roster during MvC3.

And it really makes me want Cloak & Dagger as a character.

Oh man, I had heard of some of these earlier in the thread, but I never got around to reading them fully.

I agree, I REALLY want to see Cloak and Dagger now. I have to wonder, if Rocket "just barely" best out Squirrel Girl, was she going to have a very similar moveset? I really want to see her too, as I said before, I think Capcom would feel a little obligated after that one Unbeatable SG cover.

"Psylocke: Well-known, good design, and having Strider as a rival would've been interesting - but the fans' voices just weren't loud enough."

What? I know that I may sound like a broken record but she was one of the most requested character and maybe the top 1 female (don't remember correctly) on the polls.

Welp, I'll keep hoping for her inclusion :)

Ryce

"Psylocke: Well-known, good design, and having Strider as a rival would've been interesting - but the fans' voices just weren't loud enough."

What? I know that I may sound like a broken record but she was one of the most requested character and maybe the top 1 female (don't remember correctly) on the polls.

Welp, I'll keep hoping for her inclusion :)
I think Niitsuma might mean "the fans' voices just weren't loud enough to convince Marvel to let us include another X-Men."

I think Niitsuma might mean "the fans' voices just weren't loud enough to convince Marvel to let us include another X-Men."

Oh right, forgot the whole Fox/Marvel drama for a while.

If Psylocke and Daredevil (a lock on IMO) end up being in the game, I'll die happy hahah

The Marvel-Fox thing didn't become a big problem until late 2014.

That is actually interesting because we know that's when Marvel was negotiating with Sony to get Spiderman back. An educated guess would be they were negotiating with Fox at the same time to get XMen and FF back and Fox either wanted too much or didn't wanna hear it, hence the fall out.

This is purely speculative of course, but if the character Ryce is hinting at is Pyron, he could be Capcom's comic level counterpart to Thanos, since everyone assumes Thanos is going to ultimately be a larger threat than Ultron and Sigma. Pyron isn't dissimilar to Galactus in the Darkstalkers universe, and if you want Thanos to "merge" with a Capcom villain it wouldn't be farfetched for him to absorb Pyron's power with minimal design changes.

Granted, this makes a LOT of assumptions, some safe and some less so (that Thanos is returning, that he would be the main villain, that he needs a Capcom counterpart, etc). But if Thanos IS going to be the lead villain, it does seem weird to have such an interesting combo subvillain and then have the main villain only represent one of the two companies.

EDIT: In theory, if you have two hybrid villains they could both be made playable without unbalancing the roster count. But that's getting WAY ahead of myself.

Weiss

Banned
So here's a list of totally minor things I thought of.

I hope this game doesn't do the TvC thing where you start every match with the same character and then swap out. I wanna hear all the dialogue!

I'm wondering if this game doesn't follow up with two post-victory quotes the way MvC3 had it. I always thought that was a bit weird.

I really, really want the Arcade endings to be better than they were in 3 and especially Ultimate; for some reason they chopped out dialogue. Make them all at least three panels long and make sure they're funny, at least!

I'm not sure if I want this game to do the MvC3 thing where every alt colour is a reference to something, or something like the other Vs. games where you just had an assortment of random colours.

I want to be able to choose to fight All Capcom or All Marvel characters in Arcade. I have an irrational hatred for crossovers that don't let me do that.

J-Tier

Ultron/Sigma is a hint that there'll be an amalgam universe where the pairs merge.

Mega Iron Man X
Ultron-σ
Ryu in Tights
Captain America (Morrigan Aensland)

I think it's likely that the Sigma Virus just infects Ultron or something like that.

And likewise, Thanos could "just absorb" Pyron, much like Demitri did.

Granted, I'm just spitballing, and if it isn't Pyron you're probably having quite a chuckle at the theoretical knot I'm tying myself in!

Well, I know everyone is looking at Darkstalkers because of the complex transforming animations, but what if it's just a character new to fighting game, where the execution of their design is maybe more complex than it needed to be but to great effect?

For example, as a somewhat unrealistic longshot, William Birkin as the G-Mutant replacing Nemesis, having a very complicated moveset involving body morphing (some liberties were already taken with Nemesis transforming forward and back in his Lv3).

As another example from Injustice, Green Lantern and Sinetro could have been a billion times more complex and impressive in their animations and visual style.

So it isn't necessarily "who from a fighting game is difficult to animate", also look to villains who could be made into a visual spectacle.

Top Bottom