• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

foG7gZS.png

Another 2018 Vita title.

Yay. Been waiting for this confirmation before I start part 1 ;P

BTA

Wasn’t R;N mediocre as well? Unless I’m confusing it with another game.

The Elite version (which is, ironically annoyingly for our chances of getting it despite the fact that I’d play it on it anyway, currently Vita only) is apparently decent though not as good as S;G/C;C last I heard.

The real issue is that we need it if we’re going to get the sequel that ties all the games together.

Wasn’t R;N mediocre as well? Unless I’m confusing it with another game.
Robotics;Notes had pacing issues, which they improved (along with presentation) in Robotics;Notes Elite, the Vita port.

It's still considered one of the weaker mainline Science Adventure titles, but it was always cursed to live directly in the shadow of Steins;Gate.

It's like how a weaker mainline Zelda game is still a really darn good game, but at the same time the spinoffs can be completely mediocre.

Saphirax

The Elite version (which is, ironically annoyingly for our chances of getting it despite the fact that I’d play it on it anyway, currently Vita only) is apparently decent though not as good as S;G/C;C last I heard.

The real issue is that we need it if we’re going to get the sequel that ties all the games together.

Robotics;Notes had pacing issues, which they improved (along with presentation) in Robotics;Notes Elite, the Vita port.

It's still considered one of the weaker mainline Science Adventure titles, but it was always cursed to live directly in the shadow of Steins;Gate.

It's like how a weaker mainline Zelda game is still a really darn good game, but at the same time the spinoffs can be completely mediocre.

I do recall people mentioning that one of the Science Adventure titles was weaker than the rest. Just wasn’t sure if it was R;N or another game.

Kinda hoping PQube won’t bother with Chu Chu or S;G elite. Better games out there to bring over.

BTA

I do recall people mentioning that one of the Science Adventure titles was weaker than the rest. Just wasn’t sure if it was R;N or another game.

Kinda hoping PQube won’t bother with Chu Chu or S;G elite. Better games out there to bring over.

I mean, I’m sure Chaos;Head is much worse overall? At least, I have to hope it’s better than that...

If we get any side game it should probably be the Steins;Gate one (Linear Bounded Phenogram, I think?) that the R;N sequel might also tie to specifically, and even that I didn’t hear great things about.

Saphirax

I mean, I’m sure Chaos;Head is much worse overall? At least, I have to hope it’s better than that...

If we get any side game it should probably be the Steins;Gate one (Linear Bounded Phenogram, I think?) that the R;N sequel might also tie to specifically, and even that I didn’t hear great things about.

Oh yeah, completely forgot about C;H :p.

I hear Chaos;Head Noah is way better (fixes a lot of the problems with underdeveloped plot/characters of the original, and improves the ending), but I guess it depends on whether you can stomach the protagonist for the majority of the game.

Also, I really doubt Phenogram will ever be relevant to anything. Would still be nice to have, I guess.

BTA

I hear Chaos;Head Noah is way better (fixes a lot of the problems with underdeveloped plot/characters of the original, and improves the ending), but I guess it depends on whether you can stomach the protagonist for the majority of the game.

Also, I really doubt Phenogram will ever be relevant to anything. Would still be nice to have, I guess.

I’d be willing to try Noah (particularly as the routes being post-original route probably means you’re playing towards a better conclusion and yeah, learning more about the characters) but that original route is still gonna be a mess.

Apparently the announcement for R;N DaSH mentions the song that plays during its credits? Or something?

oldmario

i wonder if there's still any chance at them bringing over Time Travellers, i've been waiting too long on that, they could even release the 3DS version and get more money too
or pull a NISA and port it to the PS4

i wonder if there's still any chance at them bringing over Time Travellers, i've been waiting too long on that, they could even release the 3DS version and get more money too
or pull a NISA and port it to the PS4

I wish. I played the Japanese version of TT through last year and loved it. The story was a great blend of serious and a few entertaining lighter moments, and the ending really rocked. Its a real shame that the game never got picked up for an English release back in the day :(

slightly off topic, but i am not sure where to ask this. i finally got around to buying a vita, and am working on outfitting it. i have a vague sense that some of the memory cards get corrupted. how do you avoid this? is it more likely with a certain size? anything else i need to know?

i-Jest

slightly off topic, but i am not sure where to ask this. i finally got around to buying a vita, and am working on outfitting it. i have a vague sense that some of the memory cards get corrupted. how do you avoid this? is it more likely with a certain size? anything else i need to know?

Well I've had my 64GB card for 3 years now, with zero issue. Most stories I've read about memory card issues were ones that had the 64GB capacity. On average, they seem to be the ones that fail the most.

Well I've had my 64GB card for 3 years now, with zero issue. Most stories I've read about memory card issues were ones that had the 64GB capacity. On average, they seem to be the ones that fail the most.

I've read similar. Though my first 64GB card is getting on in the years now and still works. I read that it has issues if you completely fill the card up (I keep a couple of GB free) or constantly install/delete things on the card can eventually cause issues. No idea if that's true though.

Olengie

My 8 gb memory card randomly died. Glad I had a spare 8 gb memory card.

i-Jest

I've read similar. Though my first 64GB card is getting on in the years now and still works. I read that it has issues if you completely fill the card up (I keep a couple of GB free) or constantly install/delete things on the card can eventually cause issues. No idea if that's true though.

I've also read that deleting and installing things often enough will lead to problems, such as the system won't recognize the card, the system won't recognize some/all of the software, and bubbles disappearing.

Keeping some space free does seem to help and doing a database rebuild isn't an end all be all solution. Some have even done it a number of times to get the card working again.

t26

I actually did 100% the regular version of Robotics;Notes, and the problem is more than pacing. First of the 3D models they used just don't feel right, I am glad they stopped using for Steins;Gate Zero and Chaos;Child. The branching paths are also poorly done, feels more like an extra screen. Finally you have an extremely predictable story and it isn't just a weak Science Adventure, but a weak VN.

I wonder if Hakuouki coming west (i.e. IFI are still releasing Vita games in 2018) means we'll get Tokyo Clanpool too. I'm sure it's not a fantastic game based on what I've seen of it, but I'd still play it.

I wonder if they'll take a gamble on Date-A-Live now there's a PS4 version too.

I wonder if Hakuouki coming west (i.e. IFI are still releasing Vita games in 2018) means we'll get Tokyo Clanpool too. I'm sure it's not a fantastic game based on what I've seen of it, but I'd still play it.

I wonder if they'll take a gamble on Date-A-Live now there's a PS4 version too.

Tokyo Clanpool basically looks like MeiQ 2.0, which I can pretty easily say is the worst drpg I've played on the system. I would much rather get either of the other 2 big ones we're missing, which I have at least some faith in Atlus coming through on DT2-2 (considering we got both Utaware games) if they do plan on releasing Aegis Rim and the 2 Persona games here on the system.

My 8 gb memory card randomly died. Glad I had a spare 8 gb memory card.

I've also read that deleting and installing things often enough will lead to problems, such as the system won't recognize the card, the system won't recognize some/all of the software, and bubbles disappearing.

Keeping some space free does seem to help and doing a database rebuild isn't an end all be all solution. Some have even done it a number of times to get the card working again.

Thanks guys, very helpful.

One more question. My wife appears to have purchased a pch-2006. Are there any compatibility issues I need to be aware of?

Shizuka

Dies irae update:

We must also report that progress for the PS Vita version of Dies irae ~Amantes amentes~ is currently at a standstill due to copyright and distribution matters. It will take some time to see these issues resolved, so unfortunately, we cannot offer a timetable for completion. We assure you that we are working closely with our partners to make the necessary adjustments. We guarantee delivery of the game, but must ask for more time before we can put it in yours hands.

ShyMel

Copyrights sound like one of the first things I would sort out before even offering a game on a specific platform. Heck, I am pretty sure copyright issues are the reason for some games not coming over or getting edited when brought outside of Japan (for songs and such) so I am not sure how they got this far before coming across the copyright issues.

Saphirax

Copyrights sound like one of the first things I would sort out before even offering a game on a specific platform. Heck, I am pretty sure copyright issues are the reason for some games not coming over or getting edited when brought outside of Japan (for songs and such) so I am not sure how they got this far before coming across the copyright issues.

This. The game is already out on Steam, what copyright issues could they be having?

Distribution problems were a given seeing some of their comments where they had no idea how PSN games worked.

They were never serious about the Vita stretchgoal. At this point the Vita port will most likely be cancelled.

Dies irae update:

To provide a translation:

We must also report that progress for the PS Vita version of Dies irae ~Amantes amentes~ is currently at a standstill due to our having contracted Sekai Project Syndrome. It will take some time to see these issues resolved, so unfortunately, we cannot offer a timetable for completion. We assure you that we are pretending to work closely with our partners to make the necessary adjustments. We guarantee radio silence on the game, and must ask for more time before we can tell you that unfortunately we cannot put it in your hands.

Tokyo Clanpool basically looks like MeiQ 2.0, which I can pretty easily say is the worst drpg I've played on the system. I would much rather get either of the other 2 big ones we're missing, which I have at least some faith in Atlus coming through on DT2-2 (considering we got both Utaware games) if they do plan on releasing Aegis Rim and the 2 Persona games here on the system.

What the other big gridder we're missing?

Regardless, I was just speaking for IFI. It's not like they're picking up any other studio's games, sadly.

No, they’re not. They just published the video. Did the same with some other games like Death Mark.

The game is probably related to Metal Max somehow. I hope it’s turnbased!

It's quite an interesting proposition. If it's Metal Max, those games are published by Kadokawa in Japan. Every other Kadokawa PS4/Vita release (Natural Doctrine; Root Letter; God Wars; The Lost Child) has released in the west. I wonder if this means we'll finally get the series over here again.

It's also a historic Data East IP so even if the usual suspects pass over it, Vic Ireland and Gaijinworks might have an interest.

Saphirax

What the other big gridder we're missing?

Regardless, I was just speaking for IFI. It's not like they're picking up any other studio's games, sadly.

It's quite an interesting proposition. If it's Metal Max, those games are published by Kadokawa in Japan. Every other Kadokawa PS4/Vita release (Natural Doctrine; Root Letter; God Wars; The Lost Child) has released in the west. I wonder if this means we'll finally get the series over here again.

It's also a historic Data East IP so even if the usual suspects pass over it, Vic Ireland and Gaijinworks might have an interest.

I’d like to play the game before 2020 with Japanese voices; given that the game is decent :p.

Top Bottom