• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Pretty sure it just considers you as in stealth as far as abilities go, you just don't get the other benefits/attributes. If you watch your action bar, it shouldn't page until you're fully out of stealth status. Stealth as a whole I'm pretty sure is sort of wonky. IIRC the sound you make when entering stealth was originally a bug.

But I can't say for sure exactly how it's programmed.

Though if you're playing Subtlety, Nightstalker is the better talent in that row in like 99% of situations, but Subterfuge seems to be more dominant for Assassination.

Yeah it was the bar thing lol, my stealth bar and my non stealth bar are almost 1:1 at this point which is why I didn't notice. Yeah nightstalker is superior in most if not all pve situations, but for pvp and WQs I quite like subterfuge. It ends up feeling like a free shadow dance every time I open. So most enemies just die within those 3 seconds.

erawsd

The one wishlist thing that I'd like to see that I'm not sure will actually be in is race campaigns. They did a lot for class identity with Legion so I'd like to see some race/faction identity love.

I'd love to see something like that too but it seems like Legion may have reminded them why they stopped doing class/race specific content in the first place. I saw an interview where Ion almost seemed to regret that they created a ton of class specific content that not everyone would get to see.

I'd love to see something like that too but it seems like Legion may have reminded them why they stopped doing class/race specific content in the first place. I saw an interview where Ion almost seemed to regret that they created a ton of class specific content that not everyone would get to see.

Are they talkin about Balance of Power? Honestly I feel if they made a questline that wasn't dependent on doing normal+ raids, it'd be fine. Like, they would need to focus on making easy to reach content, and then leaving the harder quests to be optional.

cdyhybrid

I have spent more time subscribed and playing this expansion than any other specifically because of all the class-specific stuff. Trying to get all the artifact appearances and class mounts.

Are they talkin about Balance of Power? Honestly I feel if they made a questline that wasn't dependent on doing normal+ raids, it'd be fine. Like, they would need to focus on making easy to reach content, and then leaving the harder quests to be optional.

The normal mythic dungeon part is far more annoying. Especially since none of them really justify it. HoV has some extra RP but the rest could easily be completed in keystones with nothing really changing. And even in HoV it's at the end of the dungeon.

The normal mythic dungeon part is far more annoying. Especially since none of them really justify it. HoV has some extra RP but the rest could easily be completed in keystones with nothing really changing. And even in HoV it's at the end of the dungeon.

mhm.

Oh yeah, and they should definitely make regular Mythics be able to be queued up to like Heroics. Like, none of the dungeons require making a group anymore because they're easy. Sure I can understand the first patch of teh expansion to not have them in rotation, but after that they should definitely make mythics be able to be queued up to.

Like right now I'm doing the tailoring quest line for the legendary mats, and I need to do mythics on dungeons that I can't find an LFG for. And that sucks. And then you think about all the other people who won't be invited to LFGs for regular mythics because they want the max ilvl for ez fast runs, and that's alot of people that miss out on the content.

There's alotta good things this expac, but there's missteps like Mythics not being queued for or locking a quest line behind normal difficulty raids.(Do you still have to do normal EN for the Balance of Power grind? I remember you couldn't do LFR for it).

erawsd

It wasn't about balance of power, I think it was in defense of 7.2 where they were getting a lot of flak for saying it was one of the biggest ever. He insisted that that was objectively true but it didnt translate over to the player experience because they may only be seeing 1/12 of the mount/follower questslines or 1/7 of the Mage Tower challenges.

I have spent more time subscribed and playing this expansion than any other specifically because of all the class-specific stuff. Trying to get all the artifact appearances and class mounts.

I completely agree with that as well. In fact, I think the most disappointing thing about 7.3 is that all the class flavor is entirely absent and I pretty much have no interest in playing anything but my Shaman main and my "main alt" Druid.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Why is that such a problem? Isn't it cool that you get to visit deeper into your class' lore, role and aesthetics? You wouldn't get that if everyone had the same one storyline (I mean, the storyline is largely the same anyway, but you get what I mean). Swearing that off just because not everybody can see it without owning 12 different characters... Do they just not get what attracts people into the game in the first place? It's not like this content is barred in some way or requires anything special... Whoever on the team is swearing off class storylines because you have to be a specific class to see yours needs a clue. If it's a dev resource allocation consideration... that's fine. I'll take that. But if it's their weird pursuit of unified exclusivity, that's terribly misguided.

erawsd

Why is that such a problem? Isn't it cool that you get to visit deeper into your class' lore, role and aesthetics? You wouldn't get that if everyone had the same one storyline (I mean, the storyline is largely the same anyway, but you get what I mean). Swearing that off just because not everybody can see it without owning 12 different characters... Do they just not get what attracts people into the game in the first place? It's not like this content is barred in some way or requires anything special... Whoever on the team is swearing off class storylines because you have to be a specific class to see yours needs a clue.

To be fair, that is my own reading between the lines of that conversation + the sharp turn away from it all in 7.3. They haven't outright said they arent doing class exclusive stuff again, so I hope I'm wrong.

Savitar

Today was such a shit day.

Finally get on WoW, after switching from one character to another realize oh hey Horseman thing is going on, maybe I'll try despite feeling blah.

Got the mount.

I'm a bit happy.

Finaj

The WoW beta build was just updated very briefly to 8.0.0.25338 but reverted back to 7.2.5.24937.

This means the new expansion will be in some way playable at Blizzcon.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The WoW beta build was just updated very briefly to 8.0.0.25338 but reverted back to 7.2.5.24937.

This means the new expansion will be in some way playable at Blizzcon.
Most likely, yes. Only two weeks until BlizzCon!

I hope the next expansion will make shadow priest fun again. It was decent at the beginning of Legion but overall it has been awful. And the lack of quick AoE can make running old raids very tedious (try Temple of Ahn'Qiraj without Shadow Crash, ugh).

So Battle.net will support the currency of Canada by the end of the year...

I'm not sure if that's good or bad. Does that means the subscription will change to 15$CAN/month(if so, that's good!)? Or will they do the stupid decision of putting a fixed price(like 18$/month), no matter if the value of our dollar increase overtime?

I don't expect Activision to do anything but increase the price of everything with the currency conversion, regardless of what the exchange rate is. I also expect them to be glacially slow at adjusting the price of things if our dollar comes close to or achieves parity with the US dollar again.

This is what happened with Steam when they began to use regional currencies.

Nekrono

So lately I've been thinking about coming back to WoW but is it worth it now that the latest expansion has been around for about a year?

I stopped playing around the first few months of Pandaria and haven't played at all since.

What's the current state of the game? Is it worth it to jump back in now? I enjoy raiding and PvE the most followed by PvP.

EmiPrime

So lately I've been thinking about coming back to WoW but is it worth it now that the latest expansion has been around for about a year?

I stopped playing around the first few months of Pandaria and haven't played at all since.

What's the current state of the game? Is it worth it to jump back in now? I enjoy raiding and PvE the most followed by PvP.

Yes, now is a great time.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Jeez TW illidan doesn't fuck around if you have bad tanks. I ended up wiping on him for hours tonight lol. I guess i'll try again tomorrow.

Phase 2 and 3 are hell.

I brought a fresh lvl 100 to current gear ilvl in about 2 weeks of sporadic play. There hasn't been a better time to time to jump in.

mclem

Is there a deadline to the artifact appearance thing

They've said that the two appearances that are direct skill challenges - Mythic +15 and Mage Tower - will become unavailable in the future, although that's been generally presented in the context of 'the next expansion', not shorter notice than that.

strafer

Had the weirdest dream, I was The Lich King and I was arriving at this village but the people there didn't care, they didn't even know who I was.

:(

Yes, this is the most catch-up friendly the game has been all expansion.

Is there a deadline to the artifact appearance thing?

I should probably re-sub to attempt to get bipedal bear. No Luffa though :(

This is a good question and I am suddenly concerned. I always miss the damn tower when its up!

I am certainly seeing a lot more of the new bear form around lately.

My hope for the Mage Tower is that they have it up all the time for the last couple of months we are able to get them. I think I am going to give up on getting all of them for all classes unless the expansion is another year away, if it comes out before summer I am thinking I will be 2-3 classes short unless they do as mentioned and keep it up nonstop at that point.

cdyhybrid

My hope for the Mage Tower is that they have it up all the time for the last couple of months we are able to get them. I think I am going to give up on getting all of them for all classes unless the expansion is another year away, if it comes out before summer I am thinking I will be 2-3 classes short unless they do as mentioned and keep it up nonstop at that point.
It's probably not coming out until like August at the earliest. Antorus will presumably get its 22-week time as current content like the other raids did, which puts us in early April. They've also hinted that there could be some small content patches between Antorus and the expansion prepatch, presumably to help set up the new expansion.

It's probably not coming out until like August at the earliest. Antorus will presumably get its 22-week time as current content like the other raids did, which puts us in early April. They've also hinted that there could be some small content patches between Antorus and the expansion prepatch, presumably to help set up the new expansion.

On one hand I want it to take that long so I can finish the stuff I want to finish, on the other I really want the new expansion smell......blah.

cdyhybrid

Rösti;252542100 said:
Indeed. I wonder if it could be released as early as next week (October 24), or if a release after BlizzCon is more reasonable.
I'm guessing next week or the week of.

Don't think the raid will open until after Blizzcon, though. Don't think they'd want to pit world first races against Blizzcon attendance.

Got my first Legendary, other than Sentinel's Eternal Refuge, on my Monk from Kil'jaeden in LFR Tomb tonight, Cyndaria. Not bad, I guess, for Wind Walker but it doesn't really have much use or utility in other specs which is kind of disappointing.

Been back for almost a week now - caught up on the Nighthold and Broken Isles stuff and unlocked flying. Should i be working through the Argus storyline next? Also, what sort of iLVL should be aiming for to join a pick up group for Tomb of Sargeras (normal mode)?

Been back for almost a week now - caught up on the Nighthold and Broken Isles stuff and unlocked flying. Should i be working through the Argus storyline next? Also, what sort of iLVL should be aiming for to join a pick up group for Tomb of Sargeras (normal mode)?

If you spend a week doing Argus stuff you'll be easily ready to dive into ToS Normal or Heroic with ease. ToS was designed around the idea that you would have like 860-900 gear, but Argus WQ/Tokens easily get you past that point, and leveling up relics is a nice dps boost.

In terms of story order, what should I do after finishing Insurrection > Nighthold?

Is it then that I go talk to Khadgar at Krasus' Landing to do some Legion stuff? It's confusing having multiple questlines available.

Top Bottom