• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

People acting like ROI was a good expansion again. I always find that funny.

The live team did the best they could, but let's not act like they're some AAA devs.

In their defense it was something throw together thanks to the D2 delay (which looking at what we got now I can't imagine what that looked like). On the flip side, there was enough stuff in their to keep people coming back and then especially with AoT. WoTM is an awesome raid and the gear and weapons (for the most part) were great. The whole OP thing was way better than this limp wristed Acrius quest. The RoI activity book which was a carrot. I think they added sparrows and the like to factions so another incentive to work on those. The literal loot cave. Strike loot improvements (I think they added the keys with RoI but I could be wrong). There were still reasons for me to log in everyday even just for the RoI specific content.

Lol guided games are the most ridiculous addition to the game. Decided to give one a go, took about 20 minutes to get into a nightfall, and about 10 minutes into the game I got booted to orbit from some server error.

Now I can't use guided games unitl "oath breaker" wears off, which I see NO indication when that even is. What a terrible system Bungie included. Where do you even acquire these tokens you need to play the guided games? If you run out can you get more? Wtf is it even a beta?

found where it says the debuff, on the character menu screen. 30 mins to go. But im running patrols and the game seems to have problems with lag and whatnot today. oh well.

Lol guided games are the most ridiculous addition to the game. Decided to give one a go, took about 20 minutes to get into a nightfall, and about 10 minutes into the game I got booted to orbit from some server error.

Now I can't use guided games unitl "oath breaker" wears off, which I see NO indication when that even is. What a terrible system Bungie included. Where do you even acquire these tokens you need to play the guided games? If you run out can you get more? Wtf is it even a beta?

"I think the decisions we made were the right ones."

Kyne

It was so required that people stopped doing the normal raid once hard raid comes out. Which segments the community.

if Bungie keeps up with their current D2 track record in terms of content/replayability then there's not going to be much of a community to segment.

hopefully Friday brings good news. I'm going to run the Prestige Raid once for the sake of the exotic shotgun, but after that I'll never touch it again.

I was considering doing the prestige raid, but I don't think I will after seeing the changes. Most of them seem manageable, but none of them seem fun. And adding two more dogs when the six we have are already broken to hell and back from an AI perspective sounds like a miserable experience.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dual SMGs with Peacekeepers is too fun.
Some days this combo is the only things that actually matters to me about Destiny 2

Adjudicator and Riskrunner is my favorite possible combo so far and is completely viable in the raid. I am playing around with builds with The Hero's Burden though. Still no Antiope for me. Wish there was an exotic kinetic smg, hopefully one day.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey guys, I have a bunch of Raid keys (Drain, Irrigation and Pipeline) that I want to get. Anyone else have these keys and able to help out? I'd be looking at doing it around 6PM AEDT (Sydney, Australia time) today if possible.
I'd be happy to but that is tragically 3am for me. I don't understand why you guys decided to put Australia all the way over there
So all you need to do is Prestige mode Calus to get the raid shotgun skin?
That would make sense, that is the completion trigger. Not positive but I'd think so.

I will try to hold and share the checkpoint this week if we get to him tomorrow.

This was deliberate. Prestige Raid is harder than Hard Raids. They're not meant to be accomplished by everyone. You see someone with Prestige or Flawless Auras and you know they did something hard. And it's cool that PvE has something like that.

Michael-Jordan-laughing.gif

Deku Tree

That would make sense, that is the completion trigger. Not positive but I'd think so.

I will try to hold and share the checkpoint this week if we get to him tomorrow.

I have been told (although I haven't checked) that you have to wipe at Calus to get the Calus checkpoint. And every time you load in you load in to the entrance.

So the best way to share the Calus checkpoint is to have someone sit in there and have different people join on them. But the person has to be at Calus, and they have to work their way to Calus probably using the underbelly.

Well you have to be honest that your definition of hard is a little different from most video game players. Not many people solo every raid boss etc.

ramyeon

I'd be happy to but that is tragically 3am for me. I don't understand why you guys decided to put Australia all the way over there
It definitely makes things awkward for finding games haha. Luckily I managed to find some clan mates to do it with anyway.
You can actually use a glitch to open chests solo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip2alwJUEM8

This channel has videos for getting all the chests.
Nice! Will have to try this out in the future.

Out 1

I don't get why a lot of people are surprised by how hard the prestige raid is. Or that there are only cosmetics as rewards. They told us what to expect two weeks ago (https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46381):

We do not expect everyone to be successful in completing this activity. Mechanical changes to the encounters are minimal, but they are there. The Prestige Raid is about mastering a more punishing sandbox. Our goal is not to provide a boon to your character progression, but there are unique rewards to help you shine. Consider this your invitation to prove to the world that you are among the very best of the Raiders who overlook the City.

Between this and existence of Prestige NFs, it was not that hard to connect the dots.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
They're all soloable without glitching. Some (i.e Drain) are harder than others, though.
Drain is pretty simple to solo- Pipeline is the only one I haven't been able to yet, maybe you are thinking of that?

Those videos are fascinating though. I wonder how long it would actually take for something like Transfer in comparison to just soloing it legit if you have a method that works.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I don't get why a lot of people are surprised by how hard the prestige raid is. Or that there are only cosmetics as rewards. They told us what to expect two weeks ago (https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46381):

Between this and existence of Prestige NFs, it was not that hard to connect the dots.

Yep. And the mechanical changes are actually much bigger than I thought they’d be based on this description.
This isn’t about surprise, but about a fundamental lack of consideration for your player base that actually wants a legitimate reason to play. You’re literally defending a stripping of content and rewards that have been the status quo for 3 years now. Idk why it’s so hard to comprehend that people want accolades for their hard work that actually make the game more fun to play. Cosmetics should be the icing on the cake, not the cake itself. Changing the name of an activity that was already there to begin with doesn’t automatically absolve bungie of this.

unique cosmetics are not the problem, regular ass tokens are.

GET. THAT. CRAP. OUT. OF. OUR. END. GAME.
Tokens wouldn’t even be a problem if there weren’t d1 tier drop rates in the raid. There should’ve been better drop rates AND tokens for both difficulties but nah let’s make the end game activities pointless then shit on you for actually wanting to play the game by having 500 glimmer come out of the chests!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have been told (although I haven't checked) that you have to wipe at Calus to get the Calus checkpoint. And every time you load in you load in to the entrance.

So the best way to share the Calus checkpoint is to have someone sit in there and have different people join on them. But the person has to be at Calus, and they have to work their way to Calus probably using the underbelly.
Correct
Whichever encounter you have successfully completed last that week (if any) dictates your checkpoint on that character.

When you load into the raid, you will begin on the Embarkment with the Castellum door for your checkpoint's encounter active, and all underbelly entrances to that encounter unlocked.

There are also "active encounter" checkpoints that can be secured once already in. One player can for example navigate to the Castellum or to an encounter and, once inside, anyone who joins on that player will load directly into the encounter. If you know the underbelly well and time is a factor, you may wish to do this while putting together a raid group, or 10 minutes before a scheduled run with your premade group, so that they can join you and load directly into the encounter.

Checkpoints can be shared as in D1, by having someone join into an instance with a checkpoint active and wiping once. Because the raid vendor is unlocked with a successful Calus clear per character, a useful community service for your fellow Guardians may be to share the Calus checkpoint, or the "after Gardens" checkpoint to help more people get their first clears and unlock the ability to use their tokens from that point on.

EL CUCO

That's a problem with the raid, not Prestige mode in particular.
I'd argue with prestige mode specifically. There are multiple accounts of people only receiving tokens for completing a prestige encounter. Considering that you dont even get a chance at the normal mode drop, thats terrible.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Same here. I didn't expect Calus changes.

That's a problem with the raid, not Prestige mode in particular.
It is a problem with the prestige raid because GUESSWHAT! The tokens you get in he prestige raid are ONLY for normal raid! Yay! There’s a fundamental issue with the raid drops rates, the raid drops, and the token system. Let’s see if the challenges are bullshit too.

I'd argue with prestige mode specifically. There are multiple accounts of people only receiving tokens for completing a prestige encounter. Considering that you dont even get a chance at the normal mode drop, thats terrible.

I agree. I'd have less problem with it if they dropped different tokens that could be used for more chances at the Prestige Gear. Regular tokens as the only drop except first encounter and Calus is just a slap in the face.

Do we even know if the Prestige Raid only drops the Prestige Gear? Or is it possible to get regular Raid weapon drops as well after the first Castellum Encounter and Callus? That would be an extra "screw you" from Bungie if so.

Deku Tree

Did team Redeem respond to the coil glitching reddit posts? Presumably other teams used it too. I’m sure bungie has no way to determine who did or didn’t do it.

Out 1

This isn’t about surprise, but about a fundamental lack of consideration for your player base that actually wants a legitimate reason to play. You’re literally defending a stripping of content and rewards that have been the status quo for 3 years now. Idk why it’s so hard to comprehend that people want accolades for their hard work that actually make the game more fun to play. Cosmetics should be the icing on the cake, not the cake itself. Changing the name of an activity that was already there to begin with doesn’t automatically absolve bungie of this.

I agree that getting only tokens, especially after prestige encounters, is demoralizing. The problem is, due to their current design philosophy, they can't guarantee drops on prestige while ignoring normal mode.

Second week I've done the raid 3x, otherwise it was only once per week. Yet I have a full Titan set, full Warlock set, helmet and cloak for the hunter. I also have most weapons. Back in the VOG days I hadn't seen a single armor drop for the first 4 weeks. My hunter never got the gauntlets, despite running the raid weekly for 3+ months.

Deku Tree

Lol remember waiting like two months to get Fatebringer? Doing Templar checkpoints three times for three chances and seeing one drop for one person in all three runs... loot is much better now. I have all raid weapons at 305.

Deku Tree

Cuco threw a dance party in the abyss when he got gjallarhorn out of the first chest. So it took over three months to get a horn. I didn’t get one until January so four months. In D2 you already have your guns.

Sky Walker

So... prestige raid is only for recolored gear, shaders, special aura and an emblem? And the last step for the exotic shotgun gives you an ornament ? Pass.

This is the first time that I have no interest or intention for doing the harder raid mode.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Yes let’s compare destiny 2 to destiny year 1

So... prestige raid is only for recolored gear, shaders, special aura and an emblem? And the last step for the exotic shotgun gives you an ornament ? Pass.

This is the first time that I have no interest or intention for doing the harder raid mode.
Working as intended.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I agree that getting only tokens, especially after prestige encounters, is demoralizing. The problem is, due to their current design philosophy, they can't guarantee drops on prestige while ignoring normal mode.

Second week I've done the raid 3x, otherwise it was only once per week. Yet I have a full Titan set, full Warlock set, helmet and cloak for the hunter. I also have most weapons. Back in the VOG days I hadn't seen a single armor drop for the first 4 weeks. My hunter never got the gauntlets, despite running the raid weekly for 3+ months.

That's their fault, we as the player can only play what they give us

3 years they went the route of RNG God Rolls made you have an advantage and balance was always nerfs in their eyes.

Now they went the complete opposite direction where yes, Loot is given at a good brisk pace, but the content dries up hella quick once you reach cap

At least you chased something beforehand. People did 3x NF, 3x VoG HM, 3x Crota HM within 5 hours of reset!
The rest of the week you just did stiff, either strikes or chase rolls from Vendors

Yeah it got crazy, but it was something, it kept you invested into the game

Yesterday I literally logged in at Reset saw Exodus Crash, logged off
Didn't touch Destiny till today like 5 minutes before Prestige Raid started

Got to join a DGAF group and we slowly progressed from encounter to encounter, but getting more demoralized to the rewards that the game could, no should offer

All guns should have an Adept version. Something to make them stand out. Raid Gear should be given out. Fuck this Token bullshit. Do a tougher encounter yet get rewarded Loot from normal mode which still is RNG up to a point

I don't get why they never see a middle ground it's always at the end of one spectrum

Too RNG/God Roll for 3 years now it's too Casual get to cap and wait till DLC comes cause end game is literally Dress Up Barbie Guardian 2.0.

Like Worlds First Matters in fucking Destiny of all games. Like those motherfuckers got it made, drowning in pussy from that e-credit gained.
Rather worrying about let's fix our fucking game and keep our player base happy, keep the player retention going, it's just missteps over missteps, that make them look like some B tier dev house whose learning on the job and not a well acclaimed dev that has a huge pedigree behind them

They didn't learn shit, we as the community didn't learn shit from their bullshit response that they were prepared for this 4 fucking years in
Sooner or later even the ones who believe become haters and never look back, that when you know you fucked up big time

EL CUCO

Cuco threw a dance party in the abyss when he got gjallarhorn out of the first chest. So it took over three months to get a horn. I didn’t get one until January so four months. In D2 you already have your guns.
It makes me sad that I'll never have that feeling in D2. I dont mind some gear being extremely rare, as long as we're getting some decent loot on the side.

I think I shed a real tear of joy that night

Balphon

Drain is pretty simple to solo- Pipeline is the only one I haven't been able to yet, maybe you are thinking of that?

Those videos are fascinating though. I wonder how long it would actually take for something like Transfer in comparison to just soloing it legit if you have a method that works.

Yeah, I was. The only video I've seen of someone soloing Pipeline involved jumping around with a golden gun.

Lnkn52

It makes me sad that I'll never have that feeling in D2. I dont mind some gear being extremely rare, as long as we're getting some decent loot on the side.

I think I shed a real tear if joy that night

I thought you did when you got your MIDA. Which meant you finally were ready for trials. 😂

Sky Walker

Working as intended.

It really is. Bungie's new philosophy indicates that "Prestige" modes from NF to raid are optional, just an addition for people who seeks harder challenge and want to look cool and badass among other players. Unlike "Heroic" raids before which used to be one of the few ways to access highest light level gear, and of course to get the weapons that are not available for the Normal mode.

I don't know how I feel toward this new approach.

CREMSteve

I think I shed a real tear of joy that night
There is a lot of gear I have yet to obtain. Sins of the Past and the Leviathan Titan helm continue to elude me. I’ll be pretty darn happy when I get those.

Even this past week, I went the whole week playing a ton of IB, without having the helm drop. I was pretty bummed that fortune didn’t favour me all week. Then, on the last package I turned in... got the helmet. I was over the moon happy!

ramyeon

Even this past week, I went the whole week playing a ton of IB, without having the helm drop. I was pretty bummed that fortune didn’t favour me all week. Then, on the last package I turned in... got the helmet. I was over the moon happy!
The exact same thing happened to me with the Warlock Bond in IB. Dupes galore and then suddenly, half an hour before it ended, the Bond dropped. It was the piece I wanted the most.

Top Bottom