• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
The beta has so many disconnection problems and error codes... and i don't trust ubisoft that this will be fixed tonight.

Sectus

I'm still not convinced by this game, seems like a lack of content. No way is this worth the full retail price in the UK. Are people buying this day one?

I had it pre-ordered. 4 terrorist hunt modes and competitive on 11 maps is enough content for me. I'd wager a singleplayer campaign wouldn't be my cup of tea anyway. I'm very much done with scripted campaigns focused on set pieces moments with linear level design. If they had designed the campaign in the style of SWAT 4, I'd be all over that though. Then again, terrorist hunt classic isn't too far away from that.

Moldiver

I had it pre-ordered. 4 terrorist hunt modes and competitive on 11 maps is enough content for me. I'd wager a singleplayer campaign wouldn't be my cup of tea anyway. I'm very much done with scripted campaigns focused on set pieces moments with linear level design. If they had designed the campaign in the style of SWAT 4, I'd be all over that though. Then again, terrorist hunt classic isn't too far away from that.

Ah Swat 4, those were the days.

Really loved both the Beta's but at full price, it's been a bit of a hard sell so far. Will definitely pick it up shortly after release when the price is right because I've had a lot of fun so far, but I think JC3 comes out the same day soooo yyeaahh.

Also, boo for no Aussie operator!

Moldiver

I hated this beta to start with, felt as if I was walking through mud, couldn't get a kill as everything felt sluggish. Knew my mouse was passed it but it never bothered me in other games as I was used to it, bought a new one and when I tried R6 again it was like a whole new game.

Had loads of great moments during the weekend but man I hope some stuff is patched, random crashes to Uplay, waiting ages in a server lobby, not being able to plant objectives and getting called everything under the sun over voip aint fun.

Still server stuff aside, those seem like things that will be top of the list as it technically is game breaking, playing this with some buddies over Skype is awesome and can't wait for the release.

LAM09

Loved what I've played in both recent betas, but the servers being in such a poor state days before release has stopped me from preordering it. Might get it down the line if all is well.

Moldiver

Really loved both the Beta's but at full price, it's been a bit of a hard sell so far. Will definitely pick it up shortly after release when the price is right because I've had a lot of fun so far, but I think JC3 comes out the same day soooo yyeaahh.

Also, boo for no Aussie operator!

If you're on PC it can be had for around $25

Wait... can anyone confirm or deny this....

According to GameSpot (in this review in progress ) the PvP core multiplayer mode isn't available until you reach a certain rank that took the reviewer over 4 hrs of "tutorial missions" and terrorist hunt to unlock?

If so color me super annoyed. I just want to pick this up tomorrow and jump straight online into 5v5... if i cant and i'm forced to spend hours grinding terrorist hunt... going to be really pissed.

SomTervo

Realistic. I died a lot with my crew but the AI was caught several times standing in corner facing the opposite way of a doorway. Or the complete opposite where the mission first began, I'd be sneaking on a roof and they're be one guy walking outside to instant spot me. When it was hard, it felt like COD on hard where AI just knows where you are.

Yeah, TBH I noticed this too. Not as bad as you, but I noticed it. This was 100% absent from the last Beta, when the AI on realistic was some of the best I've ever seen.

Perhaps the regular kill-em-all Terrorist Hunt Classic mode is easier on the AI and will dodge the issues the Defuse Bomb mode had. In my experience this is the case.

I'll be playing the game from tomorrow night - got it on PC on the cheap - will keep you posted.

Purchase-deciding question: Can we use Defenders in offline Terrorist Hunt or is half the content still arbitrarily locked away from offline play?

The beta didn't allow me to access TH while the servers were down and it required me to opt in. I wonder if the full game will require you to be online to even play lone wolf.

Ubisoft' Creed master plan to kill another franchise.
11 maps, 4 game modes = DOA
This is the end of Rainbow Six series. Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon you are next.

DryvBy

Yeah, TBH I noticed this too. Not as bad as you, but I noticed it. This was 100% absent from the last Beta, when the AI on realistic was some of the best I've ever seen.

Perhaps the regular kill-em-all Terrorist Hunt Classic mode is easier on the AI and will dodge the issues the Defuse Bomb mode had. In my experience this is the case.

I'll be playing the game from tomorrow night - got it on PC on the cheap - will keep you posted.

Cool. If that mode is at least fixed, I'll be a lot more interested in it.

This is the end of Rainbow Six series. Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon you are next.

I spent dozens of hours in the beta's and that was what, 3 maps 2 game modes?

11 maps and 4 game modes (at launch - more of both to come) in a game like Siege where the same map and mode can be played like over and over and over..... completely different scenarios develop depending on the operators chosen by both sides and tactics used, rooms/areas selected etc...

Yes, this will keep me busy for a LONG time!

SomTervo

This went from a game I had 0 interest in, to holy crap, I kinda want to buy it day 1. (PC)

It's really good imo.

Right. How many maps did vanilla Counter Strike have?

These maps are intricate, destructible, and very variable (objectives appear in different places every round).

Three maps in the Beta was worth a lot alone. Tens of hours of fun on them.

11 in the full game? Has me creaming my pantaloons.

Pachimari

I hesitant of buying it but I have been waiting for an okay Rainbow Six since RS3. I just wonder how the community will be on PC or if I should go for Battlefront.

datamage

It's really good imo.

These maps are intricate, destructible, and very variable (objectives appear in different places every round).

Exactly. I remember when I first played CS, it only had like 3-4 maps, and I loved every second of it. The dynamic situations and tension in R6 makes up for a "lack" of maps. Though I find 11 to be quite fine regarding the kind of game it is.

I do hope server issues are ironed out, even though I didn't encounter too many problems over the weekend.

OG Kush

So for a whole year of supported content means only 4 DLC Maps?
Is this a joke? Guys? 4 DLC maps over a whole year? That is not acceptable. Even if they are free. Many PC games release maps for free anyway, use to be the standard.

Sectus

So for a whole year of supported content means only 4 DLC Maps?
Is this a joke? Guys? 4 DLC maps over a whole year? That is not acceptable. Even if they are free. Many PC games release maps for free anyway, use to be the standard.

... and new operators, new modes, and new weapons. For free.

Sure, PC games would sometimes give you new maps for free. But when was that common? 15 years ago? With how greedy publishers usually are with DLC, I'm completely fine with this plan.

I really enjoyed the beta, didn't have any trouble with the servers.

But I can't convince myself to buy a multiplayer only game. My friends don't like playing this kind of FPS and I don't see the point in playing without a reliable team.

It's really good imo.

I guess some people settle for mediocrity.

It's really good imo.

Exactly. I remember when I first played CS, it only had like 3-4 maps, and I loved every second of it. The dynamic situations and tension in R6 makes up for a "lack" of maps. Though I find 11 to be quite fine regarding the kind of game it is.

I do hope server issues are ironed out, even though I didn't encounter too many problems over the weekend.

Right!? I mean i dont get it... Black Ops 3 has 12 (not including NukeTown). And the base gameplay just means you dont need as many maps... and there will also be night/day variants to each... so basically launching with 22 (if you're 343i lol).

Nekrono

Really like the game although I'm still on the fence. When the game works it's great but most of the times with the beta it felt there were problems with the netcode, my shots felt like they didn't land on my opponent and most of my deaths felt cheap, like the other player got the jump on me even though I shot first.

Death replay shows this as you can clearly see how different the replay is from what actually happened, most of the replays show how bad the netcode/hit detection is.

Aside from that my other complaint is the UI/menus, they really need to improve on how it looks and the feel, from the icons to the navigation.

I'd like to get the game but the netcode and a broken launch keep me from it.

Any of you guys experienced bad netcode/hit detection as well? I haven't had time to read impressions from the beta. Also my performance went down a little bit from the closed to open beta with the same exact settings, sometimes my FPS went down or the game felt sluggish and I did not experience any of this in the closed beta.

Ok... something that just dawned on me and i cant believe it took me this long... Why the fuck aren't there any working doors!? lol (i know the series

I get that we need to board them up... but why cant there be both? They could have been easily destructible or able to open up/kick in etc. Would have been cool. Press X for open... press and hold X for slow open... tap X for door kick.

King_Moc

Banned
Ok... something that just dawned on me and i cant believe it took me this long... Why the fuck aren't there any working doors!? lol (i know the series

I get that we need to board them up... but why cant there be both? They could have been easily destructible or able to open up/kick in etc. Would have been cool. Press X for open... press and hold X for slow open... tap X for door kick.

Door dlc?

Mentok

Banned
As I said in the beta thread, I'm going to wait for them to fix everything and the inevitable price drop before picking this up.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm legitimately excited for this game, and also worried it wont work for a week.

Midnight EST is going to be interesting.

datamage

Aw man, why'd you have to bring this up? lol.

I wasn't interested in this at all but the beta turned me into a believer. One of the most tactical MP experiences I've had in awhile.

I like what they're doing with the season pass too. Not splitting the playerbase with maps/operators/guns behind a paywall and offering other benefits instead. I'd like to see this approach more often.

Drewfonse

For me, this game will live or die through its matchmaking. If I get matched up with players close to my level, great. Please don't throw me to the wolves right off the bat, Ubi....

Tapejara

Have had this on pre-order since last E3. Ended up playing the beta and loved it. I got it for ~$43 thanks to Amazon Canada's E3 deals, so thankfully I don't have to pay the full $79.99 CAD.

Disappointed they're only planning four new maps for all of 2016.

SomTervo

I guess some people settle for mediocrity.

So you're calling Counter Strike mediocre?

Did you even read my post? Nothing I said suggested the game is mediocre.

Right!? I mean i dont get it... Black Ops 3 has 12 (not including NukeTown). And the base gameplay just means you dont need as many maps... and there will also be night/day variants to each... so basically launching with 22 (if you're 343i lol).

Word.

Will there be a Team Deathmatch mode? Unlimited lives

No, but rumours of it coming further down the line.

This beta made me a believer was a ton of fun. Hopefully they get the server stuff fixed I definitely won't be buying until that's confirmed.

Good OT Gaz.

Top Bottom