• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

J0dy77

No, I think that's what I need to work on. Does making 2 sets of 5 trigger Yomi's ability again? Or am I better off doing 5 + 3 + 2 (hope for skyfall)?

Oh and here's a silly question...Are there any good places that list smart latent choices? I have a few just hanging in my box and don't know what to do with them.

No it doesn't activate twice. Your better off going for 5 then tpa if possible. You start to get used to the board setups that allow the most damage with time but definitely isn't easy.

Another nice thing with yomi is the skill cd active on subs. I run three and staggering them can keep z8 going very well and the dark orbs flowing.

OT4?

So now can we discuss a greater matter at hand? Best Waifu?
It's Bastet right?

Kirin best Waifu and l. Kali would also like a word. :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
No it doesn't activate twice. Your better off going for 5 then tpa if possible. You start to get used to the board setups that allow the most damage with time but definitely isn't easy.

Another nice thing with yomi is the skill cd active on subs. I run three and staggering them can keep z8 going very well and the dark orbs flowing.

Kirin best Waifu and l. Kali would also like a word. :)

Is non-awoken Yomi worth having? I have one, but 2 A Yomi would be fun.

Jagernaut

Max skilled DQXQ in 1 day of 2x Light Sprite. Cost me 2 stones but had leftover stamina when I was done.

Also beat challenge lv 7 with Awoken Shiva after failing against Sopdet once due to a huge skyfall. I used my freshly max skilled and super ultimate evolved Uriel on the team and his auto rcv was useful. Not sure about lv 8, maybe Awoken Horus.

Bladelaw

Is it actually possible to get Sopdet or Thoth from the Legend level Sphinx Descend? 4 runs so far and nothing but I did snag a couple Sphinxes though.

I know it's been said many times before, but GH really should allow skill levels to transfer via feedings. Sucks to feed or sell off a bunch of Shadrons and then later pull a Lu Bu. Or to hold onto a bunch of Shadrons just in case you do. We should be able to max skill a Shadron, then if you pull a Lu Bu, instantly max him with said Shadron. You still went through the horrible skillup process, but didn't have to unnecessarily hold onto a bunch of Shadrons until you pulled Lu Bu.

Also, anyone else not get the special event TAMA dungeon for today or yesterday? PADX shows it's supposed to run through 1/25.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Is it actually possible to get Sopdet or Thoth from the Legend level Sphinx Descend? 4 runs so far and nothing but I did snag a couple Sphinxes though.

Anecdotal rate: I ran Sphinx mythical for about 18 times this morning for the Angel, 0 invading, 2 Sopdets, and 1 Thoth.

How far away from the Rank 250 present are we? Should be pretty soon right?

I need something to look forward to. Hoping to see some new Uvos this week as well. It's been too long and the February stream is too far away.

hermit7

How far away from the Rank 250 present are we? Should be pretty soon right?

I need something to look forward to. Hoping to see some new Uvos this week as well. It's been too long and the February stream is too far away.

Shouldn't be too long no.

I hope we see some stuff too, maybe heroes. That would be sweet considering they are next up.

I had 2 angel invades yesterday one on goemon and the second on Vulcan. Actually got a skill up on it, even though that wasn't the intention. Only 15 more...

razterik

Game is deadzoned because upcoming streams, especially since the 4th anniversary is in a couple weeks. I'd say to expect a bunch of crazy stuff then, but GungHo has let us down before. The delay on the voted ultimates is disappointing already.

I think the rank 250 pull might come as part of NA's celebration event since we usually get a little overlap with JP's major events.

yami4ct

Shouldn't be too long no.

I hope we see some stuff too, maybe heroes. That would be sweet considering they are next up.

I had 2 angel invades yesterday one on goemon and the second on Vulcan. Actually got a skill up on it, even though that wasn't the intention. Only 15 more...

Hopefully they do the Awoken Heroes right. They could really be the leaders that Row teams are desperate for right now. Dark is pretty much the only squad with really killer row variants right now.

Hopefully they do the Awoken Heroes right. They could really be the leaders that Row teams are desperate for right now. Dark is pretty much the only squad with really killer row variants right now.
Based on other pantheons, we should expect an UUvo with two new awakenings and an upgraded leader skill. Hopefully the leader skill will be better than the upgraded Valkyries.

I'm banking on Perseus being the green row leader we've been waiting for. Artemis and Ishida Mitsunari need a home.

Lyrian

I know it's been said many times before, but GH really should allow skill levels to transfer via feedings. Sucks to feed or sell off a bunch of Shadrons and then later pull a Lu Bu. Or to hold onto a bunch of Shadrons just in case you do. We should be able to max skill a Shadron, then if you pull a Lu Bu, instantly max him with said Shadron. You still went through the horrible skillup process, but didn't have to unnecessarily hold onto a bunch of Shadrons until you pulled Lu Bu.

Also, anyone else not get the special event TAMA dungeon for today or yesterday? PADX shows it's supposed to run through 1/25.

If that were allowed, that would break one of the cardinal rules of F2P games.

-- Players can't be allowed the comfort of being in control (in this case, pre-planning for the future) or experiencing safety, unless a monetary exchange is involved (that is ultimately in the favor of the game, not the player).

If you could hold onto Shadrons like that, that would save stones in the form of not needing to buy box space to hold them while waiting to roll a Lu Bu. Also, if you did not save those Shadrons for potentially many months, you would likely then stone the appropriate dungeon for them once you rolled a Lu Bu (lost stones there as well).

Besides, who knows when Awoken Lu Bu will be announced, making Shadrons meaningless anyways? That's all part of Gungho's game.

-- PADX is in error. The last tamadra dungeon opened yesterday.

Lyrian

PADX is reporting Descended Challenge 6 during the off-week.

All five Ultimate rushes for a set of piis, plus 5 mythicals for a set of jewels.

Someday, I'll be able to clear a rush. But, at least I'm glad that there appears to be a trend to finally stop locking the dark jewel in these challenges behind a Legend Plus dungeon. Beezlebub will be a breeze. (Why does the vast majority of Awoken cards always require dark jewels, anyways? There are four other colors of jewels, GungHo...)

Damn, badpy trapped behind Yamato Rush. I guess I'll finally have to beat it then. My least favorite dungeon at the moment.

Ducarmel

ducrml@gaf

NA 368865267
JP 271984210

OT4!!!!!!!!!

yolo pulled on Crows Colab going on in jp and got Harumichi Bouya!
NLJXRwA.jpg

I got so much red cards on my jp account just sitting there.

hermit7

Damn, badpy trapped behind Yamato Rush. I guess I'll finally have to beat it then. My least favorite dungeon at the moment.

Yeah it is not too bad if you can stall long enough.

I beat it with thor/a.ammy/ dqxq/ apollo/ raph/ Saria.

Stall on hino and use a bind clear after 50 percent to burst, then tank goemon and pop raph to hit him beneath 50 percent and use Thor to kill.

Crows Collab has this gross new gimmick where all the enemies have a hidden resolve skill, like in the FF Collab... but then they also have legit <1% skills instead of just having a bunch of death text. Hope this doesn't make its way into more content.

Rixa

Merry christmas everyone \o_

On my EU alt, didnt know that this dungeon happens outside of christmas.

(Why does the vast majority of Awoken cards always require dark jewels, anyways? There are four other colors of jewels, GungHo...)

I have about 10 Light Jewels and I need Dark Jewels. No use for Light ones :(

smbu2000

OT4!!!!!!!!!

yolo pulled on Crows Colab going on in jp and got Harumichi Bouya!

I got so much red cards on my jp account just sitting there.
Congrats on the pull! I pulled twice on my iPad and picked up Furukawa Yoshimi. He's one of the 5 star gold eggs, but I'm pretty happy with him. His leader skill is 50k damage to all enemies (ignore defense) and a 1 turn delay. The 3 skill boosts are also useful. If nothing more than being on my farming team. I was using my Yamato Takeru just for his SBs, but he can easily take his place and he can attack tamas/kings/predras as well.

How's Ragnarok Dragon? What types of teams are you running with him
TBH I haven't really thought of him as a leader, since I mainly picked him up to be a sub. I put together a quick team with my very limited pool of Machine characters and all I could come up with was RD/Levi/Eschamali/Antares and Armin Arlert (to cover water).

He'd be more useful to me as a sub on my Levi or Eschamali teams or what I really picked him up for; on my A.Ra team (or possibly future RaDra team.) I haven't purchased RaDra since I don't have DKali. I'd rather have a very useful sub in RD instead of a leader that I can't really use (RaDra) since I didn't have an all board changer (including hearts) besides Chocobo.

colinp

Banned
Help me PADGAF, you're my only hope!

I'm back on the PAD train after taking a few months break. My save was still "in the cloud" so I was able to get everything back without any trouble.

This is my box on padherder. I didn't add the generic dragons as I am under the impression (correct me if I'm wrong!) that they're still the least important part of PAD.

My question is: what are my most viable teams? Is Kirin still my #1? What kind of Kirin team can I build?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm back on the PAD train after taking a few months break. My save was still "in the cloud" so I was able to get everything back without any trouble.

This is my box on padherder. I didn't add the generic dragons as I am under the impression (correct me if I'm wrong!) that they're still the least important part of PAD.

My question is: what are my most viable teams? Is Kirin still my #1? What kind of Kirin team can I build?

Fire:

Yamato/Ares/Chiyome/Krishna/(Ame/Rider/Echidna)

Swap Krishna and the Yamato as you will.

Water:

Idunn&Idunna/Karin/Andromeda/Blue valk/(Hatsume/Sun Quan/Gabriel)

Mix and match your blue rows, pair up with Ryune.

Green:

A few good subs but lacking a good leader.

Light:

Thor/WuKong/Rider/__/__

Pair up with Saria. You need some more light rows to make this work better but it can still function. Options include Da Qiao, Venus, AA Raph, Apollo off the top of my head.

Amaterasu/Valk/Kirin/__/__

Not the best light healer team. Wait till you get some more prong healers

Dark:

A.Luc/A.Luc/dark valk/__/__

Not out yet but soon-ish.
Fill in the rest with whatever you need or want to run, as long as it's a devil or a god type. Lu Bu, Lilith, rider Finn, Beelz, Hades, Izanami, Zeus Stratios. Loki would be nice here if you get him.

I'm sure others can give you a few more builds but I'm outta here.

omelet du
Welcome back to the grind

Kyu

Neo Member

Did you get the FF Chocobo? It could be used in your Kirin Team. Volsung could be a farmable option, but that dungeon is quite hard. Elia is also farmable but has a long CD and requires a lot of effort

A Kirin / A Susano / Chocobo / L Valk / ? / ?

Another team you could run is blue tank team. Awoken I&I paired with a friend Ryune.

I&I / Andro / Gabe / Karin / Hatsume or B Valk

colinp

Banned
Thanks for the ideas guys!

Unfortunately I missed the chocobo. When was that collab running?

PS: does anyone here run Ryune?

PPS: anyone have a present they want to exchange?

linsivvi

Kirin is the best leader but you have no Kalis or other board changers.

Speaking from experience you can go very far with a Horus team since it's so versatile, and you have a lot of monsters in your box that can be used depending on the situation:
Orochi for delay
Susano for damage reduction
Ama/L Meta for heal and bind recovery
Sakuya for gravity and bind recovery

You do suffer from a lack of board changers but you'll be fine 99% of the time.

My Saria team is really growing on me. Got her max skilled a couple days ago and the team is mostly maxed. I'm used to using Typhon and just crushing everything, but it's fun to be able to stall and grind stuff. I'm missing a sub or two for the real ideal team, and don't have enough rows, but it's doing pretty good work for me now.

Ducarmel

Crows Collab has this gross new gimmick where all the enemies have a hidden resolve skill, like in the FF Collab... but then they also have legit <1% skills instead of just having a bunch of death text. Hope this doesn't make its way into more content.
I think this is the best gimmick they introduced, even though I lost going in blind the 50 stamina dungeon I think its was cool.

Bladelaw

So running double A. Bastet is pretty awesome. In case someone like me is wondering what all the fuss is about let me try to explain:

Bastet's active skill is WAY better than it looks. With two A. Bastets reasonably skilled you can run it FOREVER. The entire dungeon every attack is a mass attack. When you're getting orb trolled and only have 3 green orbs to take out 5 high defense low HP bullshit? BASTET. In these instances it's a hugely underappreciated (by folks like me who didn't know better) ability. And did I mention that it's possible to keep up INDEFINITELY. It's also a great way to trigger her 1.5x ATK boost on skill use.

Combine that with the extra twiddle time to make more matches to trigger her big leader skill and she's awesome turning even meager 3 orb matches into bombs of destruction.

So yeah if you went through the trouble of getting her and awakening her, consider skilling her up. She's a substantial investment but WELL worth it.

All that said: Who should I be looking for to enhance my team further?

Currently running (all max level/evo, and awakenings, almost no skill ups):
A. Bastet
Verdandi
Wolf Hero, Ignis Cu Chulainn
Vishnu
Perseus
Friend: A. Bastet

I swap in uuevo Kushi for Cu Chu/Perseus depending on the dungeon.

I've got all the stuff to make awoken Bastet, just don't have great sub options. I'll probably get around to doing it eventually. Only green subs I have are Verd, Parvati, Michael, Cu Chu. Probably have a better Parvati team once her buff gets here. I need tama village to come soon, I'll spend a couple stones on it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So running double A. Bastet is pretty awesome. In case someone like me is wondering what all the fuss is about let me try to explain:

Bastet's active skill is WAY better than it looks. With two A. Bastets reasonably skilled you can run it FOREVER. The entire dungeon every attack is a mass attack. When you're getting orb trolled and only have 3 green orbs to take out 5 high defense low HP bullshit? BASTET. In these instances it's a hugely underappreciated (by folks like me who didn't know better) ability. And did I mention that it's possible to keep up INDEFINITELY. It's also a great way to trigger her 1.5x ATK boost on skill use.

Combine that with the extra twiddle time to make more matches to trigger her big leader skill and she's awesome turning even meager 3 orb matches into bombs of destruction.

So yeah if you went through the trouble of getting her and awakening her, consider skilling her up. She's a substantial investment but WELL worth it.

All that said: Who should I be looking for to enhance my team further?

Currently running (all max level/evo, and awakenings, almost no skill ups):
A. Bastet
Verdandi
Wolf Hero, Ignis Cu Chulainn
Vishnu
Perseus
Friend: A. Bastet

I swap in uuevo Kushi for Cu Chu/Perseus depending on the dungeon.
Congrats, you now rocking with the Queen.

In my opinion she is the best leader in the game. You wanna max skill those green orbchangers asap though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So what should I do with all of these Machine and Dark Golems I have sitting in my box? Are these dudes useful for anything?

linsivvi

So what should I do with all of these Machine and Dark Golems I have sitting in my box? Are these dudes useful for anything?

If you are interested in evolving Machine Hera, save a Dark Golem and sell the rest. You can get Machine Golem Mark III from Deus Ex, saving you some mats.

Edit: Ok so Machine Hera drops Dark Golem Mark III too, you can sell everything in that case.

jay23

It feels like there hasn't been any new info in a while. I'm anticipating a lot of new stuff to be showed during that end of the month stream. What date is that on btw?

It feels like there hasn't been any new info in a while. I'm anticipating a lot of new stuff to be showed during that end of the month stream. What date is that on btw?
There's actually three announced streams:
January 30th (Machine Zeus Descended)
January 31st (Gainoht Descended)
February 19th (4th Anniversary)

February 19 is going to be the big stream to watch out for. Co-op got announced at the one last year

hermit7

Ran through most of the challenge dungeons. Did all of the Mythicals easy enough.

Run yomidra on God rush and fail to get the combos (die)

Run devil and Beelz switches the board Haku gives me 3 darks (die)

Run with Bastet on both and breeze through them.

colinp

Banned
I still got my present.

Friend request sent! I'll send you my gift after you accept. Sound good?

Kirin is the best leader but you have no Kalis or other board changers.

Speaking from experience you can go very far with a Horus team since it's so versatile, and you have a lot of monsters in your box that can be used depending on the situation:
Orochi for delay
Susano for damage reduction
Ama/L Meta for heal and bind recovery
Sakuya for gravity and bind recovery

You do suffer from a lack of board changers but you'll be fine 99% of the time.

Thanks! Yeah I remember board changers being the big thing when I stopped. I'll save up some stones and hope for the best. Might give Horus a try, too. Thanks!

Epic Drop

First time clear of yamato rush for the badpy (which I need badly). I tried with yomidra before I had any plusses a month or two ago and got crushed. It really wasnt so bad now that the team is fully plussed.

Top Bottom