• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hope its the update with Lakshmi, Parvati, Astaroth etc. buffs.

scottnak

Wanna bff scottynaknak? I run lkali gadius and haku and working on ra. I dropped monster strike to full time pad haha

Suuure. I actually just Awokened my Haku as well...
though she's a bit off from being useful.

Wonder if we can find 1 more!

hermit7

Hope its the update with Lakshmi, Parvati, Astaroth etc. buffs.

A.luci maybe as well, how much later was he? The other demons too actually.

Just as an FYI if anyone is going to get luci or Loki Zeus drops from divine realm. Or even awaken things that need Fagan or zaerog the rushes drop evolved versions so you don't need to level and evolve them from their base form. It really just saves a bit of time.

Ducarmel

You looking for Sakuya, bestcat, and shiva BFF?

I have hypermaxed shiva, 2/3 to hypermax Sakuya (+200 eggs and 1 away from max skilled). And max skilled Bestcat.

I leave Shiva up as active lead, Sakuya as first team lead, and bestcat as BFF lead

Are you interested?

I'm interested. However I may drop Bastet and Shiva for Awoken FA Luci and Yomidra when they are ready and I have enough mp for Yomidra. Even though I have them up most of the time they are not optimized teams, just ok enough to do some of the really hard stuff

*My previous post I meant I wont work on a Awoken Yomi team (because I cant beat Zaerog8) not Yomidra.

hermit7

Does anyone have any tips on Yamato rush?

I think I can do it if I don't get orb trolled... But I'm likely to get orb trolled... I'm thinking either awoken Sakuya, awoken Bastet, or ganky GrOdin/Ammy team (don't want to spend hours)

Its all about subs from what I can see. Would a max skilled awoken susano be better or worse than a max skilled g/g Susano? What about using delay for dealing with kagatuchi (someone like sun Quran, awoken orochi needs a tengu), Yay or nay?

I'm pretty sure I can go with these teams (provided dizzy doesn't show up with a bestcat team, no risk on A Sakuya team)

Awoken is susano is a but better for the awakenings and the bind immunity.

I would run sakuya with sun quan for hino. Maybe something like sakuya/lkali/susano/sun quan/ flex/sakuya

Ideally flex would be a second kali or another gravity. Then you can pop gravity, gravity, gravity on goemon and then pop kali on the last floor for the kill by bypassing his resolve.

jay23

WXMTXPv.jpg

Loki, blonia, and gronia should be next.

Loki should have come with Raphael and Uriel but we're still missing one of his awoken materials.

I'm interested. However I may drop Bastet and Shiva for Awoken FA Luci and Yomidra when they are ready and I have enough mp for Yomidra. Even though I have them up most of the time they are not optimized teams, just ok enough to do some of the really hard stuff

*My previous post I meant I wont work on a Awoken Yomi team (because I cant beat Zaerog8) not Yomidra.

Funny enough, I'm exactly one angelit away from having an awoken FA Luci (whenever he drops). Yomidra is on my radar as well

coy

I'm still looking for BFF triangle. In particular, I'm trying to find a combo that can potentially cover the following (in order of priority):

Saria
Haku
Osiris
Blonia
Z8

For leads, I have hyper Yomi, Parvati, Osiris, Verdandi, and L.Kali; for +297, I have Haku (needs 1 skillup) and Sakuya (unskilled). I also run Bastet, Shiva, Ra, Thor, and Ammy.

colinp

Banned
A.luci maybe as well, how much later was he? The other demons too actually.

Just as an FYI if anyone is going to get luci or Loki Zeus drops from divine realm. Or even awaken things that need Fagan or zaerog the rushes drop evolved versions so you don't need to level and evolve them from their base form. It really just saves a bit of time.

I need Fagan to get ASakuya. Can a Kirin team take on the dragon rush you think?

colinp

Banned

Still need another for this triangle? I'm looking for an ASakuya to lean on. I'm working on getting my Sakuya awoken as well as eventually my AD Lucifer and Idunn&Idunna...

razterik

Highly doubt A.ALuci is coming yet, he's quite a bit later than the others we haven't gotten.

PSA: Run the coin dungeon rush dungeons if you're capable now and want the stones. They disappear next rotation, and if I remember right, they won't appear again until co-op opens with the refreshed versions.

Probably another hint that co-op is coming soon. Hope it doesn't crash the game like the first ranking dungeon, heh.

New JP update is out, many new co-op dungeons to run for free stones. Going to wait a bit and see if we get another round of half stamina again.

donjezzy

probably LTTP but I also have a BF slot open if anyone's interested. I always keep my Hypermaxed Nephthys in the 1st slot since I seem to have new players use her a lot, but in my main slot I have a hypermaxed Yomidra. I usually keep my max skilled Verdandi or A. Sakuya in the BF slot depending on who asks me.

hermit7

I need Fagan to get ASakuya. Can a Kirin team take on the dragon rush you think?

Dragon rush is probably the easiest I think. And should he doable with a fully levelled team with a plussed friend lead.

Burst the first two floors. Floor 3 is crimson Dragon that changes a random color to fire. Floor 4 is blue and you have 5 turns to burst. Floor 5 is the green Dragon, 6 million and you really need to burst him. Then either light Fagan, dark Fagan, or fatty metal. Then finally zaerog. For him he uses either a light or dark absorb for 4 turns. I would bring a delay and just wait it out and pop your gravitas and burst him when it is done.

colinp

Banned
Dragon rush is probably the easiest I think. And should he doable with a fully levelled team with a plussed friend lead.

Burst the first two floors. Floor 3 is crimson Dragon that changes a random color to fire. Floor 4 is blue and you have 5 turns to burst. Floor 5 is the green Dragon, 6 million and you really need to burst him. Then either light Fagan, dark Fagan, or fatty metal. Then finally zaerog. For him he uses either a light or dark absorb for 4 turns. I would bring a delay and just wait it out and pop your gravitas and burst him when it is done.

Great, thank you so much!

The dungeon can be intimidating if you aren't used to Legend+ enemy damage and HP. For Zaerog himself most players who use the delay strategy wait as long as possible before menacing to give yourself maximum time without the absorb.

I'm still looking for BFF triangle. In particular, I'm trying to find a combo that can potentially cover the following (in order of priority):

Saria
Haku
Osiris
Blonia
Z8

For leads, I have hyper Yomi, Parvati, Osiris, Verdandi, and L.Kali; for +297, I have Haku (needs 1 skillup) and Sakuya (unskilled). I also run Bastet, Shiva, Ra, Thor, and Ammy.

I run Saria, max skill and my current plus egg target. I have A. Yomi and A. Parvati, Parvati might be my next side project. Have Ammy as well, she's a sub on my Thoria team. Still have my BF, really just looking for compatible leads and a solid Thor. I've got 300 mp in my box, so a cool new MP dragon might be in my future if ones announced. I respond pretty fast to lead requests if you need Ganesha or weird leads up.

If you want a Blonia, my alt can BF you. I don't spend much time on my alt, but it'll have a max level, unskilled Blonia when the new ult hits. I'll skill it eventually. I log in every day and play it when I'm out of stamina on my main.

Lyrian

PSA: Run the coin dungeon rush dungeons if you're capable now and want the stones. They disappear next rotation, and if I remember right, they won't appear again until co-op opens with the refreshed versions.

Probably another hint that co-op is coming soon. Hope it doesn't crash the game like the first ranking dungeon, heh.

There is an official FB post calling for an overnight extended downtime on Wed 2/3 - Thu 2/4 for a patch "to expand game functionality".

Version 8.6 and multiplayer is coming.

hermit7

Awoken Bastet is good for Dragon Rush. Light/Dark absorb doesn't affect her.

Yeah this is true. The only issue is being able to tank Dios preemptive which can be hard without some plusses.

My Bastet team has essentially zero (maybe 120 total without friend) and I can tank it with only like 100 to spare.

Team is bastet/ verd/ meimei/ meimei/ vishnu/ Bastet friend.

jay23

Only one more to go

Completely forgot about the Hera ur water bind on the first floor lol it made everything more difficult.

Will this team have a hard time with yamato rush? No plus eggs.

I have another Max skilled DQ I can sub in for Valk if that helps.

coy

I run Saria, max skill and my current plus egg target. I have A. Yomi and A. Parvati, Parvati might be my next side project. Have Ammy as well, she's a sub on my Thoria team. Still have my BF, really just looking for compatible leads and a solid Thor. I've got 300 mp in my box, so a cool new MP dragon might be in my future if ones announced. I respond pretty fast to lead requests if you need Ganesha or weird leads up.

If you want a Blonia, my alt can BF you. I don't spend much time on my alt, but it'll have a max level, unskilled Blonia when the new ult hits. I'll skill it eventually. I log in every day and play it when I'm out of stamina on my main.
Right on, Dusty! I will +egg Thor the next time 10x comes around (hopefully next event) and I do use your Saria when I have him up. I'm down for this. Also, you don't need to BFF the Blonia alt as I am aiming mainly for Saria and Haku leads. The rest are nice but more of a bonus. I leave Yomi, Verdandi, or Sakuya up the majority of the time in the main slots and L.Kali, Thor, or Ammy in the BFF slot. I'm on daily throughout as I am on leave to hang with my kid so I can respond to messages on here or in-game quickly.

Anyone else wanna join?

Jagernaut

Yeah this is true. The only issue is being able to tank Dios preemptive which can be hard without some plusses.

My Bastet team has essentially zero (maybe 120 total without friend) and I can tank it with only like 100 to spare.

Team is bastet/ verd/ meimei/ meimei/ vishnu/ Bastet friend.

You're mixing up Dragon Rush (True Dragon Realm) and God Rush (Divine Realm).

Dragon Rush has no big preemptive so I use:

Awoken Bastet
Verdandi
Liu Bei
Perseus
Sasuke
Awoken Bastet

God Rush has the Zeus Dios 22,601 preemptive so I use:

Awoken Shiva - hypermaxed
Ultimate Uriel - used to use Yamato but he has less atk
Ronia - hypermaxed
Ronia
Ronia
Awoken Shiva

This team has 22,927 hp so Zeus Dios is not a problem. I use Uriel to kill and heal at the same time.

razterik

Noticed the next skill up rotation announcement lists skills for colored PreDras. Latent/MPdra guerrilla likely within the next month? They are speeding up latent 5x4 farming coin dungeons to one per event instead of one per month.

Extremely tempted to break non-IAP on my JP account for the one-time special bundle. 480¥ for 10 stones and a guaranteed pantheon pull is really good. Time to look at JP iTunes card deals.

razterik

I hadn't thought of it that way, but that's true. I don't really play other f2p mobile games; waiting on the English version of Granblue for my next attempt at something different. Was thinking more relative to PAD's usual non-aggressive pricing. It would be nice if these sorts of deals became more common, even if they draw me back towards IAP, which I've distanced myself from lately.

hermit7

You're mixing up Dragon Rush (True Dragon Realm) and God Rush (Divine Realm).

Dragon Rush has no big preemptive so I use:

Awoken Bastet
Verdandi
Liu Bei
Perseus
Sasuke
Awoken Bastet

God Rush has the Zeus Dios 22,601 preemptive so I use:

Awoken Shiva - hypermaxed
Ultimate Uriel - used to use Yamato but he has less atk
Ronia - hypermaxed
Ronia
Ronia
Awoken Shiva

This team has 22,927 hp so Zeus Dios is not a problem. I use Uriel to kill and heal at the same time.

Wow you are right. My bad.

For God rush i typically run shiva as well. Stalling on gaia for the 5 turns and then bursting isn't too bad. I use shiva/hino/caocao/urd/leilan or another caocao but that team has about 24k health or so.

Also another challenge dungeon starts this Friday. Hoping to get another badpy for yomi dragon need 3 more for hyper.

colinp

Banned
Noticed the next skill up rotation announcement lists skills for colored PreDras. Latent/MPdra guerrilla likely within the next month? They are speeding up latent 5x4 farming coin dungeons to one per event instead of one per month.

Extremely tempted to break non-IAP on my JP account for the one-time special bundle. 480¥ for 10 stones and a guaranteed pantheon pull is really good. Time to look at JP iTunes card deals.

If you need JP iTunes cards let me know as I can pick them up for you at or near cost (since I live in Japan and all...).

Also new event coming with Ultimate Dragon Rush! for two days beginning February so you can save money and hope for the best.

razterik

Thanks! I'm still mostly only thinking about it. It's hard to justify spending money on a second account after putting so much into NA. Doesn't help that my free JP account is already close to rivaling one of much more time and money. I'll wait and see what I spend at PAX South this weekend.

forgrim

Suuure. I actually just Awokened my Haku as well...
though she's a bit off from being useful.

Wonder if we can find 1 more!

Haha yes lets find a third

If donjezzy is interested, scott and i were looking for a third. I run gadius haku and lkali not hypermaxed but working on it, with a typhon in the wings and a ra probably going to be my main as soon as i awaken him

Scott says he runs w lkali sakuya urd ammy and verdandi

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Couldnt be more happier about failing God Rush like an idiot on stage 1 - because of it i "rage" pulled twice on the current REM without even checking which units were featured. Both Gold eggs and non dupes.

First was RGY...erm okay i guess. 2nd pull though....

Also just before Poring Tower arrives...so glad, one of the few Top Tier green units i have been missing. Osiris, Ceres and Kaede left now.

HGH

Banned
Having heard of the game for a long time, I tried to look it up but sadly I was told the product's unavailable in my region (middle east).
Is there any way I can legally get the US version?

Rixa

Couldnt be more happier about failing God Rush like an idiot on stage 1 - because of it i "rage" pulled twice on the current REM without even checking which units were featured. Both Gold eggs and non dupes.

First was RGY...erm okay i guess. 2nd pull though....

Also just before Poring Tower arrives...so glad, one of the few Top Tier green units i have been missing. Osiris, Ceres and Kaede left now.
I almost hate you, earlier I did one yolo and it was that WDS... Prolly pulling once when GF hits or I dunno.
Max skilled A.Lakshmi and my A.Orochi is now skill level 3 (2 to go). Too bad that getting BadPys isnt so easy as getting BubPys.

Having heard of the game for a long time, I tried to look it up but sadly I was told the product's unavailable in my region (middle east).
Is there any way I can legally get the US version?
Yes. You need to download latest APK and you need to redownload it every time version update come, see pm.

Edit: That apk is for Android, not sure how to handle iOS.

colinp

Banned
I don't understand the reasoning behind not giving a stone the first time you beat the endless dungeons. Beating one is a worthwhile achievement, no?

Rixa

I thought I got one for doing that?
Maybe even 2?

I think it was nerfed after they introduced those harder endless dungeons. Havent done that easiest myself, not so interested, just use that dungeon for testing and thats it.

I'm having a rough couple of pad days. For some reason I've yet to beat one of the rushes without failing at least once. I've wasted 500 stamina between today and yesterday due to stupid mistakes on my part.

razterik

I feel that. Made many dumb mistakes clearing rush dungeons this week.

So we're getting 5x descends? Is that at all decent? I feel like it'd be more worth my time grinding 3x normals.

As one would assume, it's half as good as 10x. The better descends are roughly the same as the best 3x, but they do feature jewel invades if you're looking for those. I wouldn't stone for it, wait for 10x returning next event.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Triangle complete, got your BFF Kwhit10. Thanks. Now hurry up and roll a Saria and Hypermax her. :)

Tomorrow I'll be able to evo my baby Saria, and I've got like 6 light snowglobes. So she'll be max level at least!

What does a Saria team generally look like?

Tomorrow I'll be able to evo my baby Saria, and I've got like 6 light snowglobes. So she'll be max level at least!

Pair with Thor. Apoc/DQ/Wukong/Z&H is the arena team, but it's very flexible for subs. I run Apoc/Valk/A. Ama/Fuma. Pretty much any good light card can work, just have to build a team that makes sense. Can stall for days.

Bladelaw

Ok I need help on the Thursday Mythical. I don't know what my problem is on this dungeon but I keep getting my ass kicked doing something stupid. I have a couple decent teams but maybe I'm not accounting for dungeon specific bullshit like card binds.

This is what's in my Monster Box. Let me know if there's a team I can rock the Mythical with. I don't have a pressing need for any of the plants but I would like the stone and a spare red dragon fruit or two would be nice to have in my back pocket.

Ducarmel

Ok I need help on the Thursday Mythical. I don't know what my problem is on this dungeon but I keep getting my ass kicked doing something stupid. I have a couple decent teams but maybe I'm not accounting for dungeon specific bullshit like card binds.

This is what's in my Monster Box. Let me know if there's a team I can rock the Mythical with. I don't have a pressing need for any of the plants but I would like the stone and a spare red dragon fruit or two would be nice to have in my back pocket.

Your shiva team should be able to do it, assuming everybody is awoken and max skill. Use orb change if trolled on the first 2 floors, use echidna on tamadra floor to stall and replenish skills if you need too. Use all skills available on last floor you should be able to one shot it

Bladelaw

Your shiva team should be able to do it, assuming everybody is awoken and max skill. Use orb change if trolled on the first 2 floors, use echidna on tamadra floor to stall and replenish skills if you need too. Use all skills available on last floor you should be able to one shot it

Yeah not quite there yet. Yamato is missing a lot of awakenings, no one is max skilled besides Echidna. If I'm not ready to tackle it without stoning or dumb luck that's ok.

I dumped all my tamas into my Bastet team. Shiva's crew will get the benefits of the next tama village that I catch.

hermit7

Yeah shiva is best for you. Try shiva/ urd/ rowdy/ vaocao/ Christmas echidna/ shiva.

Rowdy for the turn 1 board pop if needed. Then sweep floor 2. Stall on floor 3 and then use caocao on floor 4 pop a shiva and it will burst the green trifruits and maybe the red. Pop urd and shiva and kill.

Bladelaw

Yeah shiva is best for you. Try shiva/ urd/ rowdy/ vaocao/ Christmas echidna/ shiva.

Rowdy for the turn 1 board pop if needed. Then sweep floor 2. Stall on floor 3 and then use caocao on floor 4 pop a shiva and it will burst the green trifruits and maybe the red. Pop urd and shiva and kill.
Thanks, I'll let you know how it turns out when I get enough stamina back.

Kyuur

Yeah not quite there yet. Yamato is missing a lot of awakenings, no one is max skilled besides Echidna. If I'm not ready to tackle it without stoning or dumb luck that's ok.

I dumped all my tamas into my Bastet team. Shiva's crew will get the benefits of the next tama village that I catch.

You don't really need anyone skilled, and Shiva/Urd/Cao should be enough by themselves. If you didn't know, you don't need to match to bring down binds on the second last floor with the Tama alive. Just move a single orb back and forth until you have everyone unbinded.

coy

Here is my team:

Thor / DQ / Apoc / Raphael / flex / Saria

13 rows not including the flex spot, 2 board changers, and immunity. For now, I go with Ammy, Venus, or Valk in the flex spot. If I ever pick up Apollo, he'd be slotted in permanently.

The team is fun to play. Think of it as a modern version of the classic 2/4/2 teams.

Top Bottom