• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruncho

Pineapple on pizza is inhuman. You monsters.

Egg on pizza on the other hand, is fantastic. Especially if it's really runny :D

Dryk

Fucks sake Kritz, uninspired title, less content than the last installment, always online. Why do we even like you anymore?
;)

Oh, and they're not potato 'scallops', they're potato cakes, for crying out loud.
eqPUasO.jpg

Stackboy

Pineapple is anathema to pizza. We might have to reevaluate our friendship over this.

Jurassic World is a fun movie, the best part is when the dinosaurs are wrecking shit.I am happy that the director is in charge of a Star Wars movie.

THIS WILL NOT STAND!

Anything goes on pizza imo, as long as it's sufficiently small. As long as there's a crispy base and not too much stuff on top, it's all good.

TLDR: Pineapple on pizza = hell yes.

Pineapple on pizza is inhuman. You monsters.

Egg on pizza on the other hand, is fantastic. Especially if it's really runny :D

People have such strong opinions on Pineapple, yet no one bats an eyelid at all these fancy pants beers, with weird things in them. Plus I like my pizza bases thiiiiiiiick.

Anyone tried the new instructions getflix is providing to get around the Netflix geolocks? They are basically adding a bunch of static routes.

https://www.getflix.com.au/netflix-update

It's been working for me really well, just waiting on Canada.

Anyone else taking E3 week off? Love watching the spectacle live.

Gazunta

Review: AusGAF (2006) for the PC.

You already know what to expect from AusGAF (2006) after the last thread in the series, and NeoGAF doesn't offer any surprises. There's some new stuff, some irritating bugs have been ironed out, and a new storyline bolted on to make everything look welcoming for newcomers.

AusGAF (2006) tries to seperate itself from the pack with interesting features. One of the great things about AusGAF (2006) is that you get to make real moral choices along your way through the complex storyline. It really affects the thread in a subtle, mature and nuanced way, like whether or not you end your post by feasting on the brains of dead prostitutes or killing yourself in front of your terrified pregnant wife.

Some people may bemoan the lack of co-op play, but this reviewer believes it would have caused ludo-narrative dissonance.

The graphics are pretty crap! You'll be checking if something's wrong with your system, and maybe some people will get a kick out of the poorly executed retro art style, but it's not enough.

Being a 2D game, the hardware capabilities of your PC aren't exactly being pushed to the limit. Purists may point out that the 16-bit games AusGAF (2006) is trying to emulate didn't look this horrid, but it's a minor problem.

Performance is best on a Nvidia system, and you'll need at least a 7700 card to be able to run the game at the now-standard 2048 by 198 resolution with full AA and trilinear mimap interpolation. Stability issues were sometimes a problem. It's a shame you can still see some UI compromises that were made for the mobile ports of this thread.

Fans of the Real World Puzzle genre will like what they see here, but others should try before they buy.

Overall Score: 4 / 10
Review by Brendan Brewer, Video Game Reviewer

Thanks for using Game Review System!

Fredescu

People have such strong opinions on Pineapple, yet no one bats an eyelid at all these fancy pants beers, with weird things in them.

Because if you're drinking beer at all, you've already pushed through the stage of "god this tastes terrible, but I wanna get drunk" to "I wanna get drunk, this is cheap and I'm used to it now." It is then a fairly small step to "hey this foreign beer is on special... tastes kinda different... I wonder how many kinds of different there are?"

There's no "getting used to it" stage with pizza. Except for anchovies.

Deeku

I dunno about this short thread title...feels kinda soulless

Though I guess the joke will pay off when this finishes in 2020

Oh, and Hey guys!

Fredescu

I dunno about this short thread title...feels kinda soulless

Though I guess the joke will pay off when this finishes in 2020

The old thread title was funny at first, being a reference to AusGAF 1, but it wore out it's welcome as the thread aged. I like this title because it is both a palette cleanser and a video game reference.

Also we could always just make a new thread for 2017 regardless of post count.

Stackboy

Anyone else check out the Doom beta over the weekend? I quite liked it. I get that people don't like that it feels more like UT now, but I dig the pace.

I found out I got into the Overwatch weekend a little too late to play though.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Anyone else check out the Doom beta over the weekend? I quite liked it. I get that people don't like that it feels more like UT now, but I dig the pace.

Too busy playing the Last Reavers beta!

Hello in case you didnt figure it out yourself, this is my front page post happening right infront of you.
What are you going to do?
NOTHING!!!!

jambo

I think it was more that it felt like Halo, not UT.

Spinifex

It feels more like CoD / Halo than UT, that's exactly the problem.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
It always surprises me who's in the top 20 or so. I associate way too much with the irc/steam users and assume they're regulars.. but in reality they're not.

And then some of the posters here in the top 20.. i couldnt tell you a single thing about them :( I'm a bad person.

Ooh, taking the shrink-wrap of this gritty rebooted AusGAF are we. Shame about lack of manuals these days.

Also, new neighbors just moved in next door and they're blasting generic,whiny,auto-tuned cringe song #4741. Thought it would be good to have younger people in the unit next to us for a change.

How wrong I was. Is there a GrumplyoldmanGAF thread somewhere?

Oh, and they're not potato 'scallops', they're potato cakes, for crying out loud.
You can stay.

Anything goes on pizza imo, as long as it's sufficiently small. As long as there's a crispy base and not too much stuff on top, it's all good.
Completely agree ...

Because if you're drinking beer at all, you've already pushed through the stage of "god this tastes terrible, but I wanna get drunk"
... you're dead to me.

How wrong I was. Is there a GrumplyoldmanGAF thread somewhere?
It's right here.

Stackboy

I use to live in a house that had dubstep gym bros working out in the garage over the road. I ended up drowning them out with Post Rock.

jambo

Source? That's great.

"The chart above was compiled graphs genre sales over a 10 year period on the Beatport platform."

Beatport obviously isn't any where near as big as iTunes or Spotify, but it's still a pretty good indicator of trends within the electronic music scene.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
It always surprises me who's in the top 20 or so. I associate way too much with the irc/steam users and assume they're regulars.. but in reality they're not.

And then some of the posters here in the top 20.. i couldnt tell you a single thing about them :( I'm a bad person.

You know me. That's the main thing.

Dryk

Trying to eat 3 Tim-Tams in under a minute on a dare was a terrible idea when I was a teenager and I actually pulled it off. It's an even worse idea now that I can't.

Deeku

The old thread title was funny at first, being a reference to AusGAF 1, but it wore out it's welcome as the thread aged. I like this title because it is both a palette cleanser and a video game reference.

Also we could always just make a new thread for 2017 regardless of post count.
I am down for roster update threads every year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom