• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

françois

I killed all the spiders, I actuallyy thought he would keep res pawning them and that's why I lost before, beat him now

Ok what's going on now, are the enemies res pawning here or something? Can I stop this it's irritating. Figured it out.

Have I passed a point of no return?

Have I missed anything?

Also how in the hell do I win that fight against 3 hunters at once?

You have to kill a certain mob to stop the enemies from respawning.
Bell Chime Maiden
All the red enemies will keep respawning.
This is not a point of no return although I'm not certain whether you can still kill
Darkbeast Paarl

Can't help with the hunters, completely skipped those.

françois;204987027 said:
Bell Chime Maiden
This is not a point of no return although I'm not certain whether you can still kill
Darkbeast Paarl

Regarding the spoiler, the answer is yes

Jrmint

Question about early on in the DLC:

So I progressed past the first area and made it to the house with the Boomstick in it. The one path leads to a bloody river area, and the other leads into more city-like areas. I went for the more city-path and there is some sort of monster there who takes like zero damage when I hit her, and then she chases me forever. What is the story with that, is there some trick to killing her?

Can someone post a list in spoiler tags everyone you can rescue and where they are located, please. Thanks. And any other side quests that are missable after
Rom

Jrmint

Shogun, regarding the 3 hunters.

You can slowly walk up the one in the middle and do one charged hit and a visceral hit to almost kill it. Then what I did is ran back the way I came towards the steps outside, and was able to seperate them to kill them one on one, or at least less crazy than in that room.

I highly recommend killing them, there is some really nice items in the cells below them once you do.

I'm in the forbidden woods, and so far I haven't seen a single summoning sign that wasn't AI. Has everyone moved to DS 3, or am I doing something wrong?
(playing online, obviously)

myco666

So I progressed past the first area and made it to the house with the Boomstick in it. The one path leads to a bloody river area, and the other leads into more city-like areas. I went for the more city-path and there is some sort of monster there who takes like zero damage when I hit her, and then she chases me forever. What is the story with that, is there some trick to killing her?

You mean the
transformed hunter after the house with explosive barrels
? That is just a regular NPC hunter fight. Parrying makes it super easy as usual.

Can someone post a list in spoiler tags everyone you can rescue and where they are located, please. Thanks. And any other side quests that are missable after
Rom

Ones you can rescue and send to Iosefka or Chapel.
Old Lonely Woman - Central Yharnam in the area with dogs in cages
Arianna - Cathedral Ward district
Narrow Minded man - Across the street from Arianna
Adella - Hypogean Gaol "basement"
Suspicious Beggar - Forbidden Woods on top of windmill (this guy kills everyone you saved in the Chapel if you send him there)

Other questlines
Eileen - After Rom go to the Vicar Amelia boss room to end the questline.
Alfred - Hangs around the way from Cathedral Ward to Forbidden Woods and you can complete it at any point in the game.

edit.
I'm in the forbidden woods, and so far I haven't seen a single summoning sign that wasn't AI. Has everyone moved to DS 3, or am I doing something wrong?
(playing online, obviously)

No signs here. You ring Beckoning Bell and it will summon someone automatically if there are any players ringing Small Resonant Bell in the area.

françois;204987027 said:
Bell Chime Maiden
Darkbeast Paarl

You can still kill Paarl. Groovy did it after Rom.

You mean the
transformed hunter after the house with explosive barrels
? That is just a regular NPC hunter fight. Parrying makes it super easy as usual.

Other questlines
Eileen - After Rom go to the Vicar Amelia boss room to end the questline.

edit.

No signs here. You ring Beckoning Bell and it will summon someone automatically if there are any players ringing Small Resonant Bell in the area.

what questline was that? and they are so damn hard to hit

just got completely destroyed by a boss, took him down on the second run, never a fan of a boss backed up by lesser enemies, can you kill them?

Mmm? the witch? maybe you are too low to do any damage at all

Rom

Rom ends all the survivors NPCs but you can still do Cainhurst and
Alfred still

Old granny - near the abandoned church where you find eileen
Old man - after you reach oedon ward right after you take the left exit, follow the ladders and go left
Arianna - right in front of the old man door
Iosefka before rom you can get a unique rune, after rom you can get a umbilical chord

Anyone use the
Kos weapon with the rune too
? How is it?

Is cool but slow to do anything efective on bosses or enemies, the rune itselft is fine for item discovery

Soulhouf

Saw cleaver +9

Ok just go to this new area and I'm under constant attack by something

Increase your skill if you still want to level up. You'll get more benefit from skill at this point.
Other than that you're good. Your level is already high enough for the end game.

Matt Frost

My new fond love for Bloodborne is getting to unexpected levels... just reached the forgotten forest after a wild and awesome ride. Production values is throu the roof, atmosphere and setting is absolutely amazing, adds a ton that terrorific scenery. And playing with a friend is even better. Bought the Old Hunters.. Sorry Overwatch

Really hoping for a Bloodborne sequel announcement at E3, either direct or perhaps spiritual in a different setting. Really hope this series doesn't take a break. I was thinking i may be a little burned out playing through the Bloodborne DLC but Dark Souls 3 really reignited my love for this formula.

I would also love a Dark Souls and/or Demon's Souls remaster for this generation.

So made more progress on Bloodborne, got to the area I hated most of all, the spider room, and have reached the next boss, his second phase is fast

So made more progress on Bloodborne, got to the area I hated most of all, the spider room, and have reached the next boss, his second phase is fast

You've been speeding through it! After the next boss you should
explore previous areas to get the "keys" for some optional areas I think you've missed
The names of them
are Cainhurst Castle, Nightmare Frontier and Upper Cathedral Ward. You should also start the DLC if you plan on buying/playing it because you're close to the point of no return.

You've been speeding through it! After the next boss you should
explore previous areas to get the "keys" for some optional areas I think you've missed
The names of them
are Cainhurst Castle, Nightmare Frontier and Upper Cathedral Ward. You should also start the DLC if you plan on buying/playing it because you're close to the point of no return.

I just did a quick check and I have all 3 items for each of those areas, just not sure where to use them, and I got the doc and haven't started that yet either.

I just did a quick check and I have all 3 items for each of those areas, just not sure where to use them, and I got the doc and haven't started that yet either.

For
Cainhurst Castle go to Hemwick Charnel Lane and approach a stone near the big dudes with the axes. A cutscene will play and then get in the horse carriage.

For Nightmare Frontier, go to the first Unseen Village lamp, turn around and go to where you were first transported after Rom. Let yourself get picked up by the Lesser Amygdala above the doorway nearest to the lamp. You'll end up in Floor 1 of the Lecture Building. The door to Nightmare Frontier is near the giant.

For Upper Cathedral Ward, go right from Cathedral Ward lamp.(there's a door there that opened if you missed it and never went to Healer's Church Workshop) Go all the way to the top and open the locked door.

There's also another secret area near Healer's Church Workshop if you roll of the first ledge of the tower. You'll come to some wooden planks and roll off the right side(if you were facing the door) slightly past the T section. Step off the back right of the plank you land on and you'll land on another plank with a door. Open it. Make sure you heal after the first jump.

To start the DLC go left from Cathedral Ward lamp, then go towards the tree and get picked up by the Lesser Amygdala.

Are you referring to the 'long drop' in the second "healers church workshop" area, the one with a trophy the moment you enter the area? The place with the hair comb?

The God

So after I defeated the Cleric Beast I ran into the lady hunter with the beak and she gave me a couple of items. Will she be necessary for a quest or something later? Do I get something if I kill her?

françois

So after I defeated the Cleric Beast I ran into the lady hunter with the beak and she gave me a couple of items. Will she be necessary for a quest or something later? Do I get something if I kill her?

She has a questline that can be completed during the course of the game. You can also kill her for a few items, such as a badge that unlocks additional items for purchase, although you'll receive those items if you complete her questline.

Deku Tree

I find getting summoned to help people frustrating because the host too often rushes in when they shouldn't and dies. If your the host then play it safe.

françois;205053465 said:
She has a questline that can be completed during the course of the game. You can also kill her for a few items, such as a badge that unlocks additional items for purchase, although you'll receive those items if you complete her questline.

It should be noted that there are some items you can only get by completing her questline (a high-level rune, for example, and some gestures).

Platinum trophy get!

What a game. I took a break briefly to do a playthrough of Dark Souls and I think those two games might have been the most satisfying gaming experiences I've had in years.

Gbraga

Platinum trophy get!

What a game. I took a break briefly to do a playthrough of Dark Souls and I think those two games might have been the most satisfying gaming experiences I've had in years.

You'll feel that even more when you start trying to play other games only to realize that you'd rather play Bloodborne again. :')

Deku Tree

I still have trouble with amygadala lol. Reach is crazy. The AoE slam is nasty. And the camera makes it hard to see her attacks coming if your up close. What is the expected strat to beat her? I don't wanna do the dodge from her leg thing.

SDR-UK

I still have trouble with amygadala lol. Reach is crazy. The AoE slam is nasty. And the camera makes it hard to see her attacks coming if your up close. What is the expected strat to beat her? I don't wanna do the dodge from her leg thing.

Expected strategy is a loose term. I guess the expected thing to do would be to focus your attacks on the head and then get the Visceral attacks. The cheese strat is absolutely to either use the Bow blade or the L2 of the Kos weapon. That tears her up easily.

rtcn63

Is it just me, or does it seem like the Amygdala Arm was originally meant be found after beating Kos? If you compare the club form...

Deku Tree

After getting the plat in DS3, I decided to revisit Bloodborne. So far it's been lots of fun. Collected all chalices, was only missing a few depth 5 root ones. Decided to take my character to lvl 240 which gives me soft cap max in every stat, currently got to 225 starting at 200. Collected all armor that I was missing. Collected all upgrade materials from the world. Collected all the league stuff and all the hunter tools that I was missing. Finished off all bosses up to the final boss in NG+. Been collecting all runes from chalice dungeons using the fextra glyph codes, only three left plus two that I missed from the game world that would require going into NG++. Farmed some blood gems. Gonna keep playing for a while...

Summoning at 220+ is surprisingly fast in the chalice dungeons and all the people you summon are majorly OP using all the advanced hunter tools etc.

EDIT:

what do I have to do to my bow blade to get 800+ damage per shot?

http://youtu.be/41vhgXpTpEQ

After getting the plat in DS3, I decided to revisit Bloodborne. So far it's been lots of fun. Collected all chalices, was only missing a few depth 5 root ones. Decided to take my character to lvl 240 which gives me soft cap max in every stat, currently got to 225 starting at 200. Collected all armor that I was missing. Collected all upgrade materials from the world. Collected all the league stuff and all the hunter tools that I was missing. Finished off all bosses up to the final boss in NG+. Been collecting all runes from chalice dungeons using the fextra glyph codes, only three left plus two that I missed from the game world that would require going into NG++. Farmed some blood gems. Gonna keep playing for a while...

Summoning at 220+ is surprisingly fast in the chalice dungeons and all the people you summon are majorly OP using all the advanced hunter tools etc.

EDIT:

what do I have to do to my bow blade to get 800+ damage per shot?

http://youtu.be/41vhgXpTpEQ

Maxing BT and SK at 50, plus highest cursed blood gem + 2 highest physical cursed gems.

That's a lot of farming ahead, the guys has a 33% blood gem, I never saw something as high.

(Well I think that for shots only BT matters)

So I'm Arthur's queen and she wants me to kneel, but she's a vile look so isn't she evil? Should I kneel? There was also this unopened summons near her as well

Platinum trophy get!

Congrats! I got mine really recently. Working on my first play through of DS3 at the moment, then going for the Platinum in that.

Any advice on fighting eb?

Ebrietas? Use the untransformed version of the Saw Cleaver and stay behind her. The only move you really need to worry about is the arcane attack that hits behind her that she does near the end. Get out of there if she does that.

That killed me the first time and she nearly got me the second time with that since I was being greedy, but I had on armor with good arcane protection so I survived. Then again you have 50 vit so it might not matter too much. I mainly focused on strength. Bolt paper is effective too.

Top Bottom