• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Deku Tree

Maxing BT and SK at 50, plus highest cursed blood gem + 2 highest physical cursed gems.

That's a lot of farming ahead, the guys has a 33% blood gem, I never saw something as high.

(Well I think that for shots only BT matters)

Well I just got a 30.6% blood gem with "atk vs the kin down" in like 20 min of farming. Seems perfect. Not sure what the extra .9% or w/e would do that would make it worth it to farm forever. Had to make and max out a lost bow blade though...

Would like to see a picture of that 33% one. Wiki says it maxes out at 31.5%. Easier to believe it's a typo.

Wish there was some way to sort or remove or sell my bad gems.

Well I just got a 30.6% blood gem with "atk vs the kin down" in like 20 min of farming. Seems perfect. Not sure what the extra .9% or w/e would do that would make it worth it to farm forever. Had to make and max out a lost bow blade though...

Would like to see a picture of that 33% one. Wiki says it maxes out at 31.5%. Easier to believe it's a typo.

31.5% (or 33%) is just for maxing out your damage output to it's obsoute highest, but that's not really the really hard one, for me the hardest one was to get two max physical gem that didn't had a shit cursed stat.

TBH I have yet to see a 33%, but is not the first time I heard that claim, so I guess is true? Seems is only doable througth level 3 layer bosses, which is absolute shit and not worth the pain.

Deku Tree

31.5% (or 33%) is just for maxing out your damage output to it's obsoute highest, but that's not really the really hard one, for me the hardest one was to get two max physical gem that didn't had a shit cursed stat.

TBH I have yet to see a 33%, but is not the first time I heard that claim, so I guess is true? Seems is only doable througth level 3 layer bosses, which is absolute shit and not worth the pain.

Yeah I'm happy just farming the glyph codes for the layer 1 stuff that is out there. To have to farm the boss on layer 3 that relies on low odds RNG seems like it takes too long. I guess you could back up and restore your save until you got a good gem... If you care That much...

Anyway I'm not doubting the 33% gem I just wonder why it's not in the wiki if it's out there... And why can't I find an image of one, although I didn't look that hard.

Ogawa-san

The problem with -kin damage is that you could end up with -20% damage against chalice Ebrietas or NG+ OoK. Same goes for -beast and
Ludwig
. If you have the patience to keep farming, the stamina cost penalty is the best curse to get, but one gem took me no less than 50 kills. Even with save scumming, that might drive you insane.

And you can do all of that to your gems. Right touch pad to sort them by rating, dump everything under 12~15.

I think I'm stuck here. In NG+ running through the DLC and I'm on the
Living Failures
. I'm relying on pistol staggering the melee dudes and rear stagger attacks when they do the collective spirit bombs. I just can seem to get by these bastards and even the summons are not helping.

SDR-UK

I think I'm stuck here. In NG+ running through the DLC and I'm on the
Living Failures
. I'm relying on pistol staggering the melee dudes and rear stagger attacks when they do the collective spirit bombs. I just can seem to get by these bastards and even the summons are not helping.

I can help if you'd like?

Deku Tree

Ok I want to try to run through NG++ with only Whirligig saw and Lost Bowblade... How long would it take me to farm three cursed radial gems and two cursed triangle physical attack up with either weapon durability or stamina cost negatives ? I just got a cursed bloodtinge gem with stamina cost so I'm good on that one.

BB's platinum is a gift compared to DS3, even considering those defiled bosses.

Stupid covenants...

I have the Dark Souls 2 plat too, but 3's looks quite a bit tougher. I did find the BB Plat very easy
(though i did the save game back-up to get 2 of the endings, didn't realize i could it when doing the first one.
).

françois

I've got a question about the nightmare of Mensis. Past the first lamp, when you take a left, you get to a safe zone before entering the building. There's 4 of those guys that throw rocks at you. The first guy can easily be picked off, but are there any tips for the other 3. Can't seem to pull them away, and killing the guy on the ledge seems impossible without attracting the attention of the guys guarding the entrance of the building.

Soulhouf

françois;205147373 said:
I've got a question about the nightmare of Mensis. Past the first lamp, when you take a left, you get to a safe zone before entering the building. There's 4 of those guys that throw rocks at you. The first guy can easily be picked off, but are there any tips for the other 3. Can't seem to pull them away, and killing the guy on the ledge seems impossible without attracting the attention of the guys guarding the entrance of the building.

Sprint past them to the entrance of the main building and then you can take them down one by one from there in reverse order.

Matt Frost

I am also in Nightmare of Mensis... and don't understand one thing: after the lamp, spikes start to come out of my characters body, making it even harder to fight the baddies there (health slowly depletes). What is that and how can I prevent it? Is really though... need help.

françois

I am also in Nightmare of Mensis... and don't understand one thing: after the lamp, spikes start to come out of my characters body, making it even harder to fight the baddies there (health slowly depletes). What is that and how can I prevent it? Is really though... need help.

If you look at the building in the distance you'll see part of it light up. When this happens you'll get attacked. It's frenzy dmg that is being done, you can however hide behind walls and you won't be attacked.

Enemies will also be damaged by it when you're hiding behind a wall.
Best way to get past it is to run behind a wall that'll aggro the enemies, let them come to you and stagger + visc attack them. Then run from wall to wall.

Ferr986

Maxing BT and SK at 50, plus highest cursed blood gem + 2 highest physical cursed gems.

That's a lot of farming ahead, the guys has a 33% blood gem, I never saw something as high.

(Well I think that for shots only BT matters)

The bow form doesn't scale with SKL, only with BT. That damagae comes from gems basically. Not just Blood gem but I remember another one that boosted the charged attack damage, can't remember now.

Matt Frost

françois;205150501 said:
If you look at the building in the distance you'll see part of it light up. When this happens you'll get attacked. It's frenzy dmg that is being done, you can however hide behind walls and you won't be attacked.

Enemies will also be damaged by it when you're hiding behind a wall.
Best way to get past it is to run behind a wall that'll aggro the enemies, let them come to you and stagger + visc attack them. Then run from wall to wall.

Ahh I see, thank you very much. Will try to do that when I get out of work. Will try to aggro them, then will have to get rid of the spiders xD

françois

Ahh I see, thank you very much. Will try to do that when I get out of work. Will try to aggro them, then will have to get rid of the spiders xD
Pulling them is really easy, they seem to have a pretty big aggro range. When you're at the lamp, just go to the right of the wall infront of you. There should then be a smaller wall a bit further. If you stand behind that one you should be close enough to pull the first guy.

Interesting thing to know for these guys, if you kill them with a visceral attack then they won't spawn those little snake like enemies.

Matt Frost

françois;205155973 said:
Pulling them is really easy, they seem to have a pretty big aggro range. When you're at the lamp, just go to the right of the wall in front of you. There should then be a smaller wall a bit further. If you stand behind that one you should be close enough to pull the first guy.

Interesting thing to know for these guys, if you kill them with a visceral attack then they won't spawn those little snake like enemies.

Yeah, I try to do a visceral attack as much as possible. just shoot them while they attack you and then R1. Works great. And dont have to deal with the snakes (and the frenzy + plus the other baddies around). Love the animation of that.

Will try to follow your advice step by step with the cover and agro., was having a rough time last night with that section. Hardest so far, by far. But loving the game nonetheless. Is so damn amazing. Can't stop thinking about Bloodborne with a little Overwatch in between. Great times.

Wow NG++ is easy so far at 225+ with a +10 whirligig. Does the higher level NG+++'s get a lot harder?

I haven't actually gone past NG++ myself, so I can't say for sure, but I know the game scales up to NG+7, and since you basically max all stats at level 250 (and stop gaining defence at like level 130 or so), it'd make sense that after a while the enemies would simply outscale you in terms of HP pools and damage. After which point, I'd guess the difficulty would simply depend on how well you know the enemy movesets.

I was dabbling with Chalice dungeons when I noticed one say foetid offering? what is it? is it worth it? or should I keep my sage wrists?

Deku Tree

You're overleveled. Everything will be easy if you keep leveling up.

too many chalice dungeons! Seriously many things can still one shot me in a defiled chalice dungeon...

But when I get to 240 I'll have every stat at the soft cap and get very little benefit from further leveling up. So I'm gonna stop at 240.

Is NG+7 or NG+3 or one in between or one of them gonna be hard at lvl 240? Will I be underleveled for it?

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Ealier I forgot to ask... can I stop the Amygdala that shoots a giant laser? The one that is on Yahar'Gul

Nope, just get an idea where the lazer goes, stand to the side, then run forward. Easier to do at the little round plaza right before the stairs. Also helps to clear out the old women(and the bell ringer that respawns them) If you wonder where she is,
There is a drop off the right side of that big courtyard. Careful though, she's got some muscle protecting her. Also a pretty important key in that room.

Matt Frost

How good is the Crane that transforms into a whip? Thinking about making it my next main weapon

Nope, just get an idea where the lazer goes, stand to the side, then run forward. Easier to do at the little round plaza right before the stairs. Also helps to clear out the old women(and the bell ringer that respawns them) If you wonder where she is,
There is a drop off the right side of that big courtyard. Careful though, she's got some muscle protecting her. Also a pretty important key in that room.

I passed the zone already a few days ago, just were wondering if you could stop this laser since I saw on the floor a note that says "secret treasure on the right" and I can't find it. And having to deal with the laser while fighting all those creatures isn't ideal. But now that I know that I can't shut it off, I will have to go in all kamikaze. Thanks!

Matt Frost

Phew, finally reached the next lamp at the Nightmare of Mensis. THAT was intense and cool. Like the hunter that shoots you from a roof earlier in the game.

The treasure
is in a drop down into a ledge then go through a door and etc.

Thank you Deku Tree! Will look for that!

I read that after beating Rom,some quests become unavialable.
What should I do before going to fight him?

Rescue all survivors quest be aware of the bald guy he is a
monster
Eileen quest (help the crow lady)
Find the other entrance of Iosekfa clinic for a rare rune
Give the red pendant to the window girl and send her to cathedral then something happens on the sewers

sidequests of the sidequests.

If you bring the bald guy he starts to
kill al the NPCs in the cathedral

Dont drink the Arianna blood more than Adella the nun's blood she will get jealous and kill Ariana.

Dont drink sedatives of the old lady drinking more than 10 makes her die

Drink Iosekfa blood and talk to her several times,
this quest ends pretty early right after amelia.

Regarding chalice dungeon depths, what lvl should you be for what depth?

Early chalices are doable at any level till Defiled and maybe Lower Phumeru. those chalices required late game gear and gems to try

Already
sent him to the clinic to get killed
:)

I talked with eileen in cathedral ward and she told me about Henryc,but he wasn't there(in the place where i killed father G)

Sometimes he is walking on the Oeadon tomb until the player or eileen aggro him. you can check it when you cant warp to the Oedon tomb lantern.

Ok then, now I am lost. Guess I will have to... try it. Aside from the Saw Cleaver, what is the second best weapon of the game?

Best used weapon = Ludwig Holy Blade

The cane is amazing for long range, poke and crow control gamestyle you are basically in a safe zone for any enemy and bosses but other weapons like the Hunter Axe, the pizza cutter or the LHB melt enemies like nothing

Deku Tree

Ok then, now I am lost. Guess I will have to... try it. Aside from the Saw Cleaver, what is the second best weapon of the game?

Ludwig's Holy Blade is the best weapon in the game.
Whirligig Saw (aka Pizza Cutter) is crazy OP on stationary bosses with it's L2 move if you have high endurance.

Some people like more close in and stagger heavy weapons like the Ludwig Holy Blade or Kirkhammer and stuff like that. the Cane uses little stamina, it's quick, it starts to hit hard enough late game with good gems, has excellent reach with the whip mode, can be buffed, has good bonuses and is quite versatile. Pretty much use it and see if you can get used to it. I think it was the weapon I used the most along with the Chikage and Pizza Cutter. Pretty much my three favorite weapons. Burial Blade is pretty cool too.
Whirligig Saw (aka Pizza Cutter) is crazy OP on stationary bosses with it's L2 move if you have high endurance.
I have never beaten the game using the LHB, I just can't, I don't hate it, but it's just an "everybody uses it" weapon to me. Same can be said for the Saw Cleaver too.

Deku Tree

Ok I'm gonna farm 21% physical attack up non-cursed radial and triangle gems.

I'd rather do that than farm for cursed gems because too much RNG trying to get the no-effect stamina non-curse. The 27% physical attack up is not worth it.

Matt Frost

Thanks for the answers, much appreciated...

Will have to investigate about the Whirligig Saw, sounds interesting.

Best used weapon = Ludwig Holy Blade

The cane is amazing for long range, poke and crow control gamestyle you are basically in a safe zone for any enemy and bosses but other weapons like the Hunter Axe, the pizza cutter or the LHB melt enemies like nothing

I like that description, fits me pretty well. Will upgrade it a bit and try it. Sounds great!

Some people like more close in and stagger heavy weapons like the Ludwig Holy Blade or Kirkhammer and stuff like that. the Cane uses little stamina, it's quick, it starts to hit hard enough late game with good gems, has excellent reach with the whip mode, can be buffed, has good bonuses and is quite versatile. Pretty much use it and see if you can get used to it. I think it was the weapon I used the most along with the Chikage and Pizza Cutter. Pretty much my three favorite weapons. Burial Blade is pretty cool too.

I have never beaten the game using the LHB, I just can't, I don't hate it, but it's just an "everybody uses it" weapon to me. Same can be said for the Saw Cleaver too.

And again another awesome description, thanks. Sounds right up my alley. Will research the other weapons and the LHB as well. But I like faster weapons, dont mind the damage too much, so the Cane sounds excellent to me. I saw a video of the DLC weapons but I think is about time to watch a video about the vanilla weapons as well.

Again, thanks all!

Another fantastic fast and hard to master DLC weapon is the Rakuyo but is placed in the well of death where like 99.999999999999% of gaf died before even touch it

Top Bottom