• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Sh0k

I hope that's not true, I only have one Pokestop near my house and one at work that I use to replenish all my Pokeballs and items I used over the weekend. I don't play the game that much and my kids that got me into the game already stopped playing, but limiting the number of access to a Pokestop will suck big time.

Swamped

Banned
Still having plenty of fun with this game. I'm on level 18 and really want to get to 20 so that's my primary motivation right now.

There seem to be plenty of bulbasaurs here by the Charles River in Boston, so I'm having fun catching and evolving them.

pringles

I hope that's not true, I only have one Pokestop near my house and one at work that I use to replenish all my Pokeballs and items I used over the weekend. I don't play the game that much and my kids that got me into the game already stopped playing, but limiting the number of access to a Pokestop will suck big time.
I really doubt whatever kind of limit they implement will hurt people like you. Would make absolutely no sense. If they wanted to keep people from spinning 1-2 stops too many times, increasing the cooldown would be a much smarter way to do it.

Zafir

Judging by the variable wording, I'd imagine it's a pokestop limit over all. As in you can only access x amount of pokestops a day.

Again though, this is another thing that is just too late. People have already fast levelled, so it's just punishing people who didn't. :p

adamy

Banned
OT2: Wall of Shame.
I made #4. lol

ZSCtv.jpeg

wow

GulAtiCa

They really need to make it so you have like a 30 second window to place your Pokemon, if you were the one who trained it up or took it down...

Firemind

Weedles and Pidgeys are bloody annoying to catch now. Either they take like 10 balls or they flee after one ball. Did they tamper with the catch rates again?

GulAtiCa

Weedles and Pidgeys are bloody annoying to catch now. Either they take like 10 balls or they flee after one ball. Did they tamper with the catch rates again?

No. What are their CPs? If a Weedle CP is above 100, it's like trying to catch a 400 CP Eevee.

Best not to try getting them if their CP is high. I just got after the low CP

Nightbird

Wow, once I hit my high-speed Internet data cap, this game becomes impossible to play.

When I encounter a Pokémon it stays on the white screen until I manually close the app.

Luckily it happened with an eevee, and not with a Growlithe or Vulpix

Hycran

Banned
At what XP level is it likely to find 200+ CP Magikarps? I'm at XP level 23 (soon 24), and the best I get are 145 CP Magikarps.

I'm level 26 and the highest I've caught in the wild is 176. The cap looks to be about 185-90. If I had to guess you're probably catching 200 pointers at level 29 or 30.

I'd say wait until 25/26 as the guy you get will hit between 1900-2000 upon evolving then stardust power it as you want

Oxx

I'm up at around 650 Magikarp candy without having found one that I want to evolve. The search continues.

GulAtiCa

I'm up at around 650 Magikarp candy without having found one that I want to evolve. The search continues.

Good luck! I got lucky when I found a 95% Magikarp. Though was like 50CP. So I ended having to level it up a LOT and used so much stardust. Well worth it though, since it got the best moves. I'm at over 500 Magikarp candies again trying to find a 97% or 100% Magikarp.

DeviantBoi

If a Pokemon runs away after a failed catch, is it removed permanently from your map?

I had a Magmar around the corner from my house. He was supposed to be there for 10 minutes. After my first attempt, he ran away. He wasn't even showing up on my Sightings list, but a different person still had it on his.

Oxx

I accidentally transferred the best 'karp I found.

I won't rest until I find another one at least as good.

If a Pokemon runs away after a failed catch, is it removed permanently from your map?

I had a Magmar around the corner from my house. He was supposed to be there for 10 minutes. After my first attempt, he ran away. He wasn't even showing up on my Sightings list, but a different person still had it on his.

Once it runs, it's gone.

Joni

At what XP level is it likely to find 200+ CP Magikarps? I'm at XP level 23 (soon 24), and the best I get are 145 CP Magikarps.

They can't get higher than 260, so it will be high. Playing around a bit with TheSilphRoad, a perfect IV Magikarp should be over 200 at level 27,5.

Firemind

No. What are their CPs? If a Weedle CP is above 100, it's like trying to catch a 400 CP Eevee.

Best not to try getting them if their CP is high. I just got after the low CP
Some high some low. I try to catch them anyway since my bag gets constantly full. I'm tripping balls.

AdanVC

Level 20 and after playing since july 7th, I freaking finally got my first 10km egg!! But since I have such shit luck with eggs I'm probably going to hatch an Eevee or a pokemon I already have like a Magmar or something. #TeamOptimism.

Edit: From the 10km egg range I already have Pinsir, Magmar, Omanyte, Kabuto and Chansey. I want a Snorlax so bad :'(

jts

...hate me...
Jellies noooo

I was gonna go on a Poké hunt, was already making a burner email account to give a PTC account to pokemonnearby but when I checked it just now it requires to quote the post in the previous thread to get the password again, but the thread is closed so it isn't possible anymore.

Anyone has the pw that cares to PM it to me?

edit: thanks AdanVC!

ReyBrujo

For comparison, Ingress portals can be hacked once every 5 minutes, up to 4 times every 4 hours. But you got mods (to reset the count, hack faster or more times). There's no portal/global limit, though. It'll be interesting to see if they are going to release similar mods (and therefore need stops to have a limit). Also, I guess they aren't getting that many pokeball sales.

krae_man

Finally got something new in an Egg.

Sandshrew!

Once I hit level 25 and use my lucky eggs, I'm going to slow down and just hatch eggs(I have a 4km walk to and from work each day).

My Pokedex is at 107 and I could probably get it to about 135 with just candies but I'm not seeing enough of the pokemon I need to feel like I'm making any progress.

I'm at around 320 Magikarp candies so I'll see that one through to the end and there's an Onamyte nest that appeared down the street from my house but other then that I'm not making any progress with anything else.

AdanVC

Jellies noooo

I was gonna go on a Poké hunt, was already making a burner email account to give a PTC account to pokemonnearby but when I checked it just now it requires to quote the post in the previous thread to get the password again, but the thread is closed so it isn't possible anymore.

Anyone has the pw that cares to PM it to me?

PM sent :) Hope that passwords still works!

Qwark

Has there been any news about adding gen 2? Last I heard, someone said December, but there wasn't a good source. I hope it's rolled out before then.

GulAtiCa

Has there been any news about adding gen 2? Last I heard, someone said December, but there wasn't a good source. I hope it's rolled out before then.

No news yet. Everything out there about this is just rumors and made up news (like the December thing).

I'm hoping for October or November.

WPS

I went to a local park today to see how it was. No interesting spawns that I could find, but there were a decent number of pokéspots.

More importantly, when I came home there was a Gengar right on my driveway!
It's top percentage IV-wise, with max attack, but not the highest level.

Memles

I think I know the answer to this question, but I'll ask anyways: are two Pokemon of identical CP/stats caught in the same location by two different people guaranteed to evolve the same?

I've been working overtime to get a Gyrados without Twister—living near water, Magikarp are plentiful, but I've had three straight Gyrados with Twister, and it's getting to the point of ridiculous.

I have a 100% IV, 182 Magikarp to evolve, but a friend who was with me and caught the same Pokemon evolved hers and got Twister. I'm hoping I end up with something else decent to evolve by the time I get to 400 again (I'm at about 240 now), but I'd love to have some hope that this beauty could still come through for me given its other benefits.

pringles

No news yet. Everything out there about this is just rumors and made up news (like the December thing).

I'm hoping for October or November.
I just hope they release the full Gen 1 roster someday soon. Next update needs more than minor text fixes.

Memles

Most players haven't even finished filling the first pokedex, doubt they will be in a rush for gen 2.

Provided they had the stats on the average Pokedex completion, I imagine they're looking for the point at which players seem to stop moving forward, whether due to waning interest or limitations of Pokemon available in their area.

I imagine they'll be tweaking Pokemon availability before they introduce a new generation, but I doubt they've got a date picked yet given it's the kind of decision they want to use to return players to the game.

zulux21

Nets seem to be rotating every three weeks, i'm sure they have something similar in mind for gen2 Pokemon.

perhaps but I doubt they have the details for that locked down yet.

I mean they obviously are going to run legendary events for gen 1 before moving onto gen 2. and it would make the most sense to do legendaries one at a time and with 4.5 of them (.5 being ditto :p) likely spaced out at least a month apart they clearly won't have to worry about gen 2 until at least next year.

I just hope that they don't expect people to go super far for them. I hear talk about forts in the data mining, ideally the forts are put up at every mcdonalds or subway so most people don't have to drive more than a few minutes to get one.

Sh0k

So I hatched my 4th 10KM egg this morning, an Aerodactyl that I didn't have. So far my count for 10KM eggs are 2 Eevees, 1 Electabuzz and 1 Aerodactyl.

So I hatched my 4th 10KM egg this morning, an Aerodactyl that I didn't have. So far my count for 10KM eggs are 2 Eevees, 1 Electabuzz and 1 Aerodactyl.

5 10ks here

4 Eevees
1 Omanyte

Have another going now. Preparing myself for another Eevee

Top Bottom