• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

who are you?

<3
tumblr_mc42de4nTa1r7ge2r.gif

<3

Some Xbox tent levels of salt and naked denial going on in gamer side today. Apparently 4k streaming is perfect now and there's no advantage to 4k discs and nobody buys them anyway.

Meanwhile in OT nobody uses wired headphones anymore unless they lack courage.

Can't wait for NX.

Barn version.

I don't know a single person who watches movies on physical media but it might just be my age group (24). Also, something tells me you're slightly biased towards MS but I'm not exactly sure how...

We gonna be playing WZA tomorrow? I'm looking forward to giving that new map a shot.

Please, Team Slayer for unranked Arena playlists so I can play Haven without having to suffer at the hands of sweaty Onyx and Champion premades.

It's 12 AM here and it says that Halo 5 Forge is not available yet but I can't find the Halo App in the store there is nothing! should I be worried?

So shameful...

To make up for it, I got 46 ground vehicle kills tonight.

If everyone in the group would match my effort, we'll be done that commendation in 5 days.

Who's with me?
Good luck getting the majority of the Spartan company to play, let alone use vehicles

Bingo. If Temple is anything like Prospect, it's gonna be a completely new map built on the foundation of its "older sibling" (so to speak).

From how it looked in the livestream, it's its own thing like Prospect.

When do you think the customs browser update will be? Next month?

At the earliest, if I had to guess.

It's 12 AM here and it says that Halo 5 Forge is not available yet but I can't find the Halo App in the store there is nothing! should I be worried?

I doubt it'd go live at Midnight. We're looking at probably around 10 AM Pacific time.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
My fellow 50ppp brothers. Pretty sure 100ppp would kill my phone anyways.

Tashi, did you have any chance to check out the PM I sent you? Would be cool to get some help on that.

Yes! Will send email in the morning. Hang tight.

NOKYARD

Meanwhile in OT nobody uses wired headphones anymore unless they lack courage.
I ONLY use wired headphones. Nearby wireless interference makes my AudioTechnica mic buzz.

Kind of wish the Elite controllers were wired. The microUSB slot on my original Xbox One controller broke right off the circuit board and i worry my Elite may face the same fate.

You can use the game bar (Win+G) or the direct command of Win+Alt+PrtScrn

Still throwing Grenades when i press Win+G. (kind of new to PC gaming even though i have had a gaming PC for over a year).

So anyone know the usual time the update goes live. Going to play as much as I can because my time is going to be divided by 3 games. Overwatch cause my friends are pestering me to get to 25 so I can play competitive. Halo 5 because the update and want to help the company. Then the Gigantic stress test because I love that game and can't wait for the game to finally come out.

Though most likely it's just going to be halo five because my friends will just try to play overwatch and unless I can mess around and have fun I can't stand playing more than one match. Least with halo I have warzone assault to causally play and enjoy myself a little.

First game of the night starts a 3v4, just great! Like nobody even quit it was just a straight up 3v4 from the beginning. We still end up winning then I look at the ranks and that’s why. This was “focused."

Ok, that&#8217;s enough H5 for now or I&#8217;m going to break my XBO. Before I start this rant I will say MM has been better for me the past couple of days. Maybe you guys tweaked something, I&#8217;m just playing better, or I&#8217;m just getting good teammates. The first few games I played tonight were actually decent. Everyone around the same skill level and most of the matches were pretty close. Then it just went to complete shit, so many god damn quitters. Like the last ~4 games I played all had quitters. My last match ended with me going 6-28 in a 1v4 and I had to sit there and get fucking farmed because if I quit at the point I&#8217;ll get a ban. Since you can&#8217;t do anything about quitters, however about rewarding the people that actually stay. Give them extra XP or REQ points or something.

Sordid

Doing my 10 placement matches yesterday was painful. Had quite a few laggy servers which sucks because the server selection was so good a few months back. I have it set to focused all the time but it doesn't seem to help. How's everyone else in the UK/EU faring server wise?

Apart from that, skill matching seems a bit iffy. I've always been Gold but it's frustrating getting matched with Diamond players all the time. I actually thought yesterday 'Why do I never get matched against Bronze players now and again to even things out?'. Then I got matched with my first Bronze player... and he was on my team &#128516; thanks Halo!

Trup1aya

I dont get how we've ended up with such an inactive Spartan company :/

It's kinda sad because at launch so many people wanted in that there was HaloGAF Bravo club.

I think if we had Forge, BTB, and SoloQ at launch, retention would have been much better. Also, Action Sack and customs browser would have done wonders if they came sooner.

And we'll back to 3 gametypes in Team Arena since Assault didn't make it into HCS. It's almost been a 11months and still just 3 gametypes.

I guess this is why people don't play. &#128546;

I play though
sometimes

So anyone know the usual time the update goes live. Going to play as much as I can because my time is going to be divided by 3 games. Overwatch cause my friends are pestering me to get to 25 so I can play competitive. Halo 5 because the update and want to help the company. Then the Gigantic stress test because I love that game and can't wait for the game to finally come out.

Though most likely it's just going to be halo five because my friends will just try to play overwatch and unless I can mess around and have fun I can't stand playing more than one match. Least with halo I have warzone assault to causally play and enjoy myself a little.

5pm GMTusually
So 10am Pacific Time

I dont get how we've ended up with such an inactive Spartan company :/

I think people just got bored more than anything. The company was very active until we unlocked Achilles armor then it just took a nose dive. This was around the same time the monthly updates started to slow down. The updates helped a lot with player retention. Plus a lot of other games came out such as Overwatch. Overall, H5 pop is still good, however our SC just slowed down a lot. I’m trying to play a lot atm because in October I won’t be able to play for around three weeks (job training I have to go do.)

Just realized something. PC Forge will enable nearly perfect to-scale remakes of maps. You could possibly even use a watermark software to render an old screenshot to be semi-transparent on top of your forging so that you could build on top of it to get the right angles and such. It would be like tracing an image essentially.

m23

Just realized something. PC Forge will enable nearly perfect to-scale remakes of maps. You could possibly even use a watermark software to render an old screenshot to be semi-transparent on top of your forging so that you could build on top of it to get the right angles and such. It would be like tracing an image essentially.

Alright people, get on that High Ground remake.

I'm just excited to see the File Browser in the xbox one version. That's coming right?
I also think i'll try out forge a little on my PC.

I play pretty actively, but you guys already got the armor which I've yet to get. It's silly how the whole thing is structured really.
Yeah it doesn't award the armor retroactively. Your best bet would be to stay in until we get the helmet (lol) and then join another for the armor.

It's kinda sad because at launch so many people wanted in that there was HaloGAF Bravo club.

I think if we had Forge, BTB, and SoloQ at launch, retention would have been much better. Also, Action Sack and customs browser would have done wonders if they came sooner.

And we'll back to 3 gametypes in Team Arena since Assault didn't make it into HCS. It's almost been a 11months and still just 3 gametypes.

I guess this is why people don't play. &#65533;&#65533;

I play though
sometimes

People don't play because other games come out, and they don't love the Halo as much as we do. I'd love there to be more game types and more of everything, but you're kidding yourself if you think KOTH will see 50,000 extra players play the game regularly (say). Also, didn't Bravo say their retention had been very good, all things considered?

It's far too easy to translate anecdotes into 'analysis': my SC is filled with inactive players. The core still play a lot, and they are the dudes I've played Halo with for years. The inactive lot are those who buy every Halo, play the campaign, do a bit of MP, and then buy the next big Winter release and move on. Sometimes one comes back for a few games, most don't. Happened Halo 2, 3, Reach and 4.

Trup1aya

People don't play because other games come out, and they don't love the Halo as much as we do. I'd love there to be more game types and more of everything, but you're kidding yourself if you think KOTH will see 50,000 extra players play the game regularly (say). Also, didn't Bravo say their retention had been very good, all things considered?

It's far too easy to translate anecdotes into 'analysis'.

I don't think KOTH would see 50,000 extra players play regularly.

But I do believe that if it offered more to begin with, more people would have bought it, and more people would have stuck with it. Which would likely translate into a more Active GAF Members.

The better and more rewarding the game the longer it's legs. That's not anecdotal analysis, that's common sense.

Who knows which modes and features would have been the difference between a player liking Halo5 and a player loving Halo5?

I never said H5's retention is poor. I just said I think it would have been better if it was complete at launch, and if the solo matchmaking system (a common complaint) wasn't so offputting.

Top Bottom