• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

LotusHD

Banned
Alright, for posterity: if you leave Costlemark Tower the mobs you've killed on the upper floors stay dead and the passages you've opened stay open too... But you have to redo the puzzle on the last floor all over again. Worse yet, I had to fight two red golems instead of one this time.

Having completed it on lvl40, goddamn this place is brutal, Jesus. I don't know if I love it for its challenge and atmosphere or if I hate it for the absolute STUPIDNESS that is having to fight 957472937 exploding bombs in a cramped space. And they throw a Yojimbo alongside them to add salt to the wound! Fucking come on, Tabata, who thought those encounters would be a good idea.

The bad thing now is that I'll probably find myself severely underwhelmed by whatever challenge the main campaign throws at me. Lol

Maybe don't challenge certain dungeons at a low level then lol

I think the recommended level is even like 55 or something.

Elfstruck

Alright, for posterity: if you leave Costlemark Tower the mobs you've killed on the upper floors stay dead and the passages you've opened stay open too... But you have to redo the puzzle on the last floor all over again. Worse yet, I had to fight two red golems instead of one this time.

Having completed it on lvl40, goddamn this place is brutal, Jesus. I don't know if I love it for its challenge and atmosphere or if I hate it for the absolute STUPIDNESS that is having to fight 957472937 exploding bombs in a cramped space. And they throw a Yojimbo alongside them to add salt to the wound! Fucking come on, Tabata, who thought those encounters would be a good idea.

Yep worst dungeon design ever. I did it again tonight and at one point, all the bombs just stacked on me and I couldn't move. So I just quadcast whatever I had lol

Thread title spoils the entire game. /s

Have a blast with this game and the ending was amazing.

Noctis is easily Top 3 FF protagonist.

Dominator

When that scene about Jared came about, I honestly had forgotten what he even looked like. That picture on the first page just reminded me lol

Lightning

Banned
Guys, I have a question:
Know im on ch6, does doing alot of side quests, hunts ( important for gils) or fighting random enemies make me over-leveled for main quests? Or does the queststs auto-adjust to my current level?
And what is the best way to balance in doing side quests and main without being over-leveled? I want a nice challenge :)
I never found the main quest that difficult aside from a few of the bosses being kinda slow to take down. The last chapter I found brutal but I was around level 45 and it was a challenge but definitely manageable. I done my side quests/hunts all post game. I didn't want my main game ruined by level 70 party making my game boring to me. Not how I want to play.

I done some, like Ultima Blade, asap but as a rule didn't do much side questing until post game. I had most fun this way.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Hey, I have an idea for OT3 or OT4 or whatever we're on by the time the DLC drops

|OT4| Wanna know how I got these scars?

Lynx_7

Maybe don't challenge certain dungeons at a low level then lol

I think the recommended level is even like 55 or something.
I liked the challenge, it was just the bombs that really grated on me. What makes it worse is that once the "boss bomb"(forgot what its called) explodes it creates a bunch of thunder bombs and things escalate really quick. I had to switch to wait mode and fight some of the messiest fights I've done in a videogame just to deal with them. The other enemies were much more manageable.

Thoraxes

Me and another friend kept calling Jared by the name Norman because we just couldn't remember what his name was, and both agreed we thought it was Norman.

It wasn't till our third friend playing through the game asked us about Jared, and we both had no idea what he was talking about and subsequently found out his name was Jared.

Lynx_7

I've heard if you visit the church at night and offer a Masamune at the altar you can speak to Jared's ghost and unlock the quest to ressurrect him. He's a secret 5th party member and can use all weapon types just like Noctis.
I hope they add Jared dlc

Ray Down

Banned
I've heard if you visit the church at night and offer a Masamune at the altar you can speak to Jared's ghost and unlock the quest to ressurrect him. He's a secret 5th party member and can use all weapon types just like Noctis.
I hope they add Jared dlc

You will get Bro's and Luna DLC and like it.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member

Two is nothing. I fought three, and a naga, and several goblins. At the same time. I didn't dare trying again after that.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I'm still far from most of you guys here, still at chapter 8 lol. I'm really enjoyining it btw but I'm now quite curious to find out how the said "second part" plays out...

I almost like everything of it except how they make use of the OST, they have such an huge collection of underused pieces. Too much silences. Music plays too shortly or gets interrupted too easily. It's so sad because the OST sounds honestly awesome, but you can't grow attached to it because it never plays or it's too brief -.-

OrionX

I finished it.

200.gif

Imma need a minute to pick myself up off the floor, then I'll post some thoughts.

Finally completed the main story.

Really liked the ending, thought Noctis was a very likable protagonist. I have a huge crush on Prompto. I like Ardyn as an antagonist a lot, and Gladio a shit.

there were a lot of missed opportunities with this game but I think overall it ended up turning out to be a fun, memorable, emotionally significant experience. Kinda unfortunate the development ran into so many snags, cause with more time in the oven and less cut content this probably would have been my all time favorite game, but it is what it is. I got KH3 and FF7R to look forward to, so it's not like this is some kind of FF/SE swan song.

valkyre

Guys... it probably has been said a lot, but really... not enough...

The camera in this game is unbelievably attrocious.

I literally cannot believe that they shipped the game, that features this kind of a combat system, with a camera like this.

I usually am not going apeshit about such issues, but the camera in FFXV is beyond the term "bad", its borderline amateurish and its not working like 40% of the times...

What were they thinking really?

I was playing Castlemark dungeon and at the part were there are these
3 iron giants and the Naga
the camera work was so utterly pathetic, that I broke down to tears of laughter...

I literally had no fucking idea what the fuck was happening on my screen... i turned the difficulty to easy and just started mashing buttons without giving a shit poping potions until that shit was over with. I just didnt care, that shit is simply an unplayable mess.

Then I went to the boss fight. Hilarious again. What kind of genius thought "hey this camera we have in game and this targeting system is so amazing following up on the action that it is a great idea to have compact rooms (with low ceiling) with large enemies!" I was looking at the polygons on the ceiling for the majority of the encounter.

Excuse me, did they bother playing the game they created?

I honestly cannot think of a game with worse camerawork than this one. And the targeting system is equally as shit as the camera. It looks as if they deliberately tried to make this game have the worst targeting/camera in gaming.

PS: I guess I went full apeshit, and I am not even sorry about it.

PS2: Please dont lecture me about putting the camera to the "far" option. Nothing helps... the camera and targeting are a joke.

MistBreeze

I never found the main quest that difficult aside from a few of the bosses being kinda slow to take down. The last chapter I found brutal but I was around level 45 and it was a challenge but definitely manageable. I done my side quests/hunts all post game. I didn't want my main game ruined by level 70 party making my game boring to me. Not how I want to play.

I done some, like Ultima Blade, asap but as a rule didn't do much side questing until post game. I had most fun this way.

Thank you kind sir :)

I was playing Castlemark dungeon and at the part were there are these
3 iron giants and the Naga
the camera work was so utterly pathetic, that I broke down to tears of laughter...

I literally had no fucking idea what the fuck was happening on my screen... i turned the difficulty to easy and just started mashing buttons without giving a shit poping potions until that shit was over with. I just didnt care, that shit is simply an unplayable mess.

Then I went to the boss fight. Hilarious again. What kind of genius thought "hey this camera we have in game and this targeting system is so amazing following up on the action that it is a great idea to have compact rooms (with low ceiling) with large enemies!" I was looking at the polygons on the ceiling for the majority of the encounter.

Excuse me, did they bother playing the game they created?

I honestly cannot think of a game with worse camerawork than this one. And the targeting system is equally as shit as the camera. It looks as if they deliberately tried to make this game have the worst targeting/camera in gaming.

Yeah the
room with the 3 red giants and Naga in Costlemark is trash, so is the sequence before with like 15 bomb enemies in the tightest space ever.

Apt101

Oh hey there's a stamina bar. They really should have placed it somewhere less gaudy and intrusive. Maybe a circle around a HUD element that's already present.

On the camera: it's often poor, OK in certain circumstances, and occasionally good. If there's anything I wish they'd focus on hotfix within the next week it's definitely the camera.

My goal for tomorrow is fishing. Now that I have these upgraded
headlights I should be able to avoid demons on the road

HotHamBoy

Prompto sucks.

He's needy as hell and completely co-dependent.

Worst of all, he grows a gross, scruffy blonde chin beard.

13248823_465264750347122_1082896090_n.jpg

Ignis is the only decent dude in the main party. A real man.

Yeah the
room with the 3 red giants and Naga in Costlemark is trash, so is the sequence before with like 15 bomb enemies in the tightest space ever.
Why the hell did I never stumble into this room? I finished the dungeon and only dropped into a room with 2 Giants and a bunch of flans :S

What are the best accessories for a Royal Weapons-only build? And best 4 of them to equip stats wise?
HP regaining accessories work well with Royal Arms.

level1

Why the hell did I never stumble into this room? I finished the dungeon and only dropped into a room with 2 Giants and a bunch of flans :S

At one point in the labyrinth you need to choose between two paths - One leads to the final elevator and the other I'm pretty sure leads to the 3 red giant/ naga room

pLow7

As i have seen it mentioned many Times here, DO NOT USE the coins for Magic or Money, you need all of them. Actually there aren't even enough so you have to farm them.

Top Bottom