• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Awesome thread as always, Vita made up most of my game time last year, I've now just about passed 300 physical releases and who knows how many digital titles and I won't be slowing down anytime soon!

Iconoclasts and Drift Stage are coming to Vita? Holy shit, I can't believe I didn't hear about it.

Also are Isaac Afterbirth and Mercenary Kings still happening? Lol.

Can anyone sell me on Dex or Exile's End? Those look interesting.

No word on Afterbirth. Merc Kings dev showed an update not too long ago on Twitter showing the Vita version is still coming, hopefully due this year :)

Exiles End is actually the game I'm playing at the moment. It starts off slowly as your really weak. You have no gun and even seemingly trivial falls damage you (and you don't exactly start with lots of health). Early on you'll manage to get suit upgrades and your first gun and the game really opens up - being able to fight back lets you explore far deeper into the game and you'll quickly start getting stronger and stronger. Its a decent Metroidvania game that I've seen described as a homage to 90's PC action/adventure titles. Not the best Metroidvania title for the platform, but its certainly really fun from my experience so far.

Ephidel

I'm going to be "that person"

In Released Games (which I admit, I personally think should contain games that get released this year rather than games that have ever been released) you list Space Hulk Ascension.
This is a separate game from Space Hulk, and only came out for the PS4 not the Vita.

In Japan Only Games (which I also think should probably only contain games due this year) you list Gundam Breaker 3, SD Gundam G Generation Genesis, Dead or Alive Extreme 3, and Deemo which have English Asian releases.
You also list Super Robot Wars V which has had an Asian-English release confirmed.

You also have stuff like Gundam Conquest V, Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Fortress, World End Eclipse, and Judas Code where the servers have been shut down.

In Upcoming Games you list Minutes, which came out in February 2015.
You also list Airship Q. The Japanese release has an English patch, and the English version has released on PC - if it was going to come out as an actual English Vita Version I think it probably would have.

Also in Upcoming Games you list a load of stuff that isn't going to happen. I can give you a list of stuff that I believe hasn't had any updates since 2014 if you want, as that's a few years back now, but I'm not listing that here. I'm just going to list the ones that I believe have slightly more concrete reasons for not happening than a lack of even remotely recent updates.

Baboon - It came out in January 2015 (in Europe) and July 2015 (in Japan). If it was going to come out in the US it would have by now.

C-Wars - Reviews of the steam version say it's been abandoned.

Death Ray Manta - I'd say it hadn't been heard from since 2013 but that would be a lie because an entire 2 years after it was announced it still didn't necessarily know what it's going to be. Over at bagfullofwrong the original Death Ray Manta and the android version are free but unsupported downloads, so I can't imagine a Vita one is being worked on.

Kura - I can't even find what this is. That might not be a good reason to think it isn't happening, but surely if it was I'd be able to find something :x

LOUD on Planet X - Said on facebook that "the port to Vita is indefinitely delayed at this time"

Paneuropa - I think this was meant to be a PSMobile title before that went kaput. I don't think it was ever meant to be a full vita title.

Play Kiseki untitled game - I'm not sure what it is and I can't find any reference to it in anything other than these threads atm.

Project Phoenix - It's never going to happen. Okay, okay, it's "delayed until 2018" ... but seriously, it's never going to happen. And even if it is, 2018 is next year ;)

SilverQuest: Gaiden (what you have listed as "Miniflake") - The PC version has been in Early Access since December 2014 and steam reviews suggest it's been abandoned.

Skeleton Rider - It came out in July 2014 (In Europe). The lack of US release might be due to this claim that the game rips someone else off. Anyway, it's been two years. It ain't coming.

Super Forget-Me-Not - Okay, so his old blog is gone. The new one (that started in November) doesn't mention SFMN but it's not listed under games, and before it was gone it said "this is taking forever. i'm still keen but haven't really worked on it for ages..."
(I made note of it back in August but seemingly didn't make note of the actual date he wrote it, if it ever said)

Vacant Sky Awakening - There was always some weird engine trouble. The PC Version has 3 Acts available for preorder and dated 2 years ago. It's not looking promising.

jjasso21

Incredible post of upcoming games. Great work on OP. I can see myself getting a good number of them if they are in English/easy to understand.

Corpekata

Banned
P4DAN is under:

(5RR) REST OF THE RELEASED GAMES

they aren't counted in the 200+ games(i guess), i'm not really fond of that category filled with pre-2017 games but i won't complain.

Before someone complains about this or that error, some mistakes at the beginning are inevitable, i want to see anyone here compiling a 200+ games list without errors, give it some time and FadyK will fix all the eventual errors. ;)

Ah, my mistake.

Realistically though I'd say the "released games" probably deserves just a link to previous threads on the topic as just hundreds of pictures in a row in two separate posts is not really doing anyone any favors.

Opa-Pa

No word on Afterbirth. Merc Kings dev showed an update not too long ago on Twitter showing the Vita version is still coming, hopefully due this year :)

Exiles End is actually the game I'm playing at the moment. It starts off slowly as your really weak. You have no gun and even seemingly trivial falls damage you (and you don't exactly start with lots of health). Early on you'll manage to get suit upgrades and your first gun and the game really opens up - being able to fight back lets you explore far deeper into the game and you'll quickly start getting stronger and stronger. Its a decent Metroidvania game that I've seen described as a homage to 90's PC action/adventure titles. Not the best Metroidvania title for the platform, but its certainly really fun from my experience so far.

About Afterbirth, well, I figured. But wow, I seriously expected Mercs to be dead. I remember waiting patiently for the Vita release but getting a PS4 while waiting and since it's a PS+ game I have it there waiting to be played... But I could wait a little more for portable goodness.

And thanks for the impressions! Sounds good enough to me, and it seems to be cheap, so I'll probably get it soon.

No word on Afterbirth.

Ed said this a couple of months back:

PS Vita version
We still haven’t given up on this one, but it’s a VERY low priority. The optimization involved for acceptable performance is a big deal. The little Vita doesn’t like crazy weapon combos.

Well after reading that very long OP in full, I totally forgot about NightCry, I definitely think that isn't coming now, not heard a thing about it in what seems like ages. Also, I really doubt any of the Telltale stuff is coming now since they seem to have abandoned the platform altogether.

Also, Fady, I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that Electronic Super Joy is no longer coming to Vita. I can't find confirmation of that, though (I think I saw that news in a BlueMaxima update video)

Strike

Here's to another year of steady ports and localizations. I personally have my fingers crossed for Papers, Please and The Banner Saga.

AniHawk

Thank you Fady for the new thread and a happy new year.

Hopefully not the last year for the Vita.

this is really it as far as major releases coming out physically or digitally thanks to the ps4 and likely switch. next year will probably be a mostly digital affair aside from some holdouts (idea factory and gaijinworks?) and limited run games, as long as sony still allows vita physical games to exist. the psn store for vita will probably continue to exist until 2019 when the ps5 is released.

Elven_Star

this is really it as far as major releases coming out physically or digitally thanks to the ps4 and likely switch. next year will probably be a mostly digital affair aside from some holdouts (idea factory and gaijinworks?) and limited run games, as long as sony still allows vita physical games to exist. the psn store for vita will probably continue to exist until 2019 when the ps5 is released.

People have been saying stuff like this since 1862. The fact of the matter is that we don't know.

Stainless

Subbed- Thank you for the work on an awesome OP

fyi in coming soon you have Slain:Back from Hell. It's been out for like a month- it's cross buy, too!

AniHawk

People have been saying stuff like this since 1862. The fact of the matter is that we don't know.

it's pretty clear if we can see what's going on in japan. in recent years, that's where the most physical ps vita games have been coming from. if the source dries up in japan, and gamestop doesn't carry physical vita anymore, then that's the ballgame.

Fdkn

You said this 3 years in a row, but congrats, this time seems like it's going to be true.

AniHawk

You said this 3 years in a row, but congrats, this time seems like it's going to be true.

it's true i thought the market would dry up completely at a faster rate, but the type of support i predicted would dry up has been mostly on point. 2015 did turn out to be the last hurrah for exclusive games on the machine with 'big name franchises' (as far as vita is concerned) in persona 4 dancing all night and danganronpa another episode. 2016 did have some exclusives - criminal girls 2... and maybe a couple others i can't remember, but at that point localizations and physical releases were only happening thanks to steam, ps4, or in the rare case, ps3 (steinsgate, trails of cold steel ii). this is the current state of the vita until japan stops caring, or gamestop stops carrying games, forcing developers to go all digital or no game at all.

i think without digital, the platform would have been dead years ago. it's actually a testament to the fanbase that it's stuck around so long, and you kind of have to tip your hat to sony for at least allowing third-parties to keep making stuff for it even if siea hates the machine and what it represents.

Wow, great thread!

Vita delivered... big time. It has more games than most populair consoles like SEGA Genesis, N64, NES etc..

Ventara

Woooo, new thread! I need to pick up some of those Asian English releases since I read in the last thread they were going OOS.

2017 is going to be amazing isn't it?

My most anticipated so far
-Operation Abyss
-Caligula
-Ys Origins
-Grisaia Trilogy (If this ever comes out)

incpdo

So i guess Vita's version of bloodstained is far away from being a reality. Closing Vita's life with a nice castlevania clone could be great but it is not meant t be.

@Fady
Man everytime i see your new updates i see a new game i never saw before so thanks for that!

@VitaCats and Vitadogs
Its been a long time since i bought my vita and i have almost 300 games retail included (about 60) this is one of the few consoles i bought so many games for. And is in my top 3 of favorite portable consoles.
I think this might be the last year were we will see lots of releases . we will also see lots of cancelled games and probably and hopefully lots of surprises .
The Vita community went from healthy to toxic , and then backwards. I think we are in the middle , we are in the part were we are seeing a reality a possible vita successor , not from sony. I think if devs get into the Switch development we will see the Vita demographic going towards that portable hybrid. and thats not wrong or bad. I had the 3ds at launch but never enjoy it quite as much as my vita ( it is because of the games i prefer to play , the console is amazing)
So im hoping to see you all enjoying the last ride for this console as much as i will do.
Also my backlog will last for at least 3 years more. I have a lot to play.

So Happy new year to all of you

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Happy new year guys.

My vita and 32gb card is still going strong since launch. 2016 has been a great year for the vita imo. Looking forward to 2017.

yaffi

Subscribed. Great OP as always.

But like others already mentioned, the list is full of games that already released. So shouldn't they be removed from a list of upcoming games?

Animekatt

Happy New Year! This year is going to be pretty exciting for Vita releases, and I can't wait. I'm waiting on my 64gb card to come in. Wished I ordered it from Amazon as I would've been had it by now, but oh well!

I definitely need to get the Metallic Red model before it gets phased out in favour of new colours
which is a hopeful statement, but there's got to be at least a few more Limited Edition consoles to come

BumRush

Salt and Sanctuary was awesome on PS4, and I really hope it still comes to Vita. I know Sickhead (studio that ported Axiom Verge to Vita) is handling the port, but as far as I know there hasn't been an update in a while.

Fady K

Hi guys! Thanks a LOT for the lovely feedback; I have already responded to all of you with feedback (refer to the below answers) and I also updated the thread. I mainly removed 150 titles from the "previously released games" and left around a 100 of them for would-be Vita owners (or even current Vita owners) who want a handy screenshot guide of some of the more recently released Vita games. I removed some of the "cancelled" games as well as some of the older Japanese games which likely have no chance of being localized.

Much love and feel free to send me feedback anytime :)

Amazingly extensive OP as ever!

Here's to continued life!

Glad you liked it purseowner :D

Thread reads like viral marketing.

Some good games there in any case.

Just a Vita fan at heart who felt the platform had a far bigger library, quantitatively and qualitatively, than its given credit for so I wanted to help highlight these titles.

Nice job, OP. I'm sure that took some time to put together. I have to say it isn't 100% clear on what is coming and what is already out though, particularly in the JP release section.

That said, of all that stuff there's about a dozen games in there that are right up my alley:

Bloodstained
BlackWitchCraft
Cross Reverie
Valkyria Revolutions
Regalia
Fallen Legion
Oceanhorn
Caligula
Fate/Extella
Night Cry
Zodiac
Heart Forth Alicia

I think realistically only 2/3 of that list will actually see release on Vita, but one can hope!

Hi moofers :D Thanks for the kind words. I heavily modified the list to make it more relevant to recent releases; feel free to share any further feedback if you had any ;D

Great new 2017 thread!

Some of these games we haven't had an update on in a long time, I think Project Phoenix is in development hell for a start. I'm looking forward to Liege but after 18 months without a peep from them I wonder whether it's still even being made.

So many games I'm looking forward to though, 2017 looks like a good year for the Vita.

Welcome aboard redcrayon :D I updated the list, should you have any feedback, do let me know bud ;D

Amazing job with previous thread Thank You for Your work Fady.

And it's amazing we are still getting so many Vita games :)

You are absolutely most welcome michaelius :) Enjoy the thread and have a lovely new year ahead!

Poncho and Drive Drive Drive still coming?

Also Tales from the borderlands isn't happening imo. No more telltale stuff.

You make a good point Grim, I doubt Telltale is looking at the system and it's been ages anyway since they made any updates. I'll have the Telltale titles removed for now.

Amazing OP.

Thanks for the kind words Vic! The thread will be regularly updated, please enjoy :D

Glad you did it again...there's a bunch of stuff on the coming soon list that's already out though, like Steins; Gate 0.

Thank you for the kind words LiveFromKyoto and for your kind feedback ;) Enjoy!

I FOUND THE BOTTOM OF THE THREAD

Long live the Vita. Great job OP.

Thank you very much for the kind words A Huge Battleship! Much more to come :)

Happy new year vitacats! Let's keep rocking :)

Opening the first page on mobile is always a joy lol

I can imagine haha, I removed a lot of the old stuff out to make it easier to navigate ;D

Great work once more Fady :D! Lets have a great 2017 for the Vita :).

Nice to see you here buddy :D Thanks for the kind words and hope you enjoy the upcoming updates and the thread bro :)

So I see this has been updated with what looks like every release ever for Vita. Why? Isn't this supposed to be 2017 thread? It's long as hell!

Good point Moofers - your feedback alone inspired me to trim plenty of old stuff out. Should you have any other feedback, feel free to let me know. Enjoy ^^

Subscribed, thanks a lot for your hard work Fady, lots of great games to look forward to.

You are most welcome bud! Nice to see you here, enjoy :)

Probably my most posted in thread last year :)

Can't wait to see what this year brings. Plenty of new additions I'm sure, hopefully not quite as many removes as 2016 :(

Always nice to see you here Kresnik, here's hoping for a very solid year!

Telltale Minecraft and Game of Thrones aren't happening at this point.

I expect that as well, I had them removed.

I love Fady's work here, but I do think it needs some trimming. There's still a few games on here with no updates for ages (i.e. Betty Boop Bop); stuff that clearly isn't coming anymore but hasn't been confirmed (Tales from the Borderlands) or stuff that's all but officially cancelled (DriveDriveDrive is a "maybe in the future" from the dev).

Thanks for the kind words Kresnik, and right you are! I trimmed off around 150 games from the "recently" released games and around 30-50 or so from the Japanese list. Removed Betty Boop and the Telltale games as well.

Man, not only are there a lot of 2016 games in there, there's also plenty of 2015 ones like Dancing All Night.

I removed around 150 of them, I hope the list better now

Yeah the OP could reduce a lot of bloat by getting rid of really old games.

I removed plenty, if you guys feel I need to cut it down more just let me know ;D

I just remembered Bloodstained was delayed to 2018, so you might want to take it off the list.

It is indeed, but the thread is for upcoming games, 2017 edition rather than upcoming games in 2017.

P4DAN is under:

(5RR) REST OF THE RELEASED GAMES

they aren't counted in the 200+ games(i guess), i'm not really fond of that category filled with pre-2017 games but i won't complain.

Before someone complains about this or that error, some mistakes at the beginning are inevitable, i want to see anyone here compiling a 200+ games list without errors, give it some time and FadyK will fix all the eventual errors. ;)

Heyyyy 2+2=5 :D I hope with a 150 of those taken off it'll be a lot more convenient to skim through. Should you have any other feedback please let me know ^^

Here's an example.

Imagination is the Only Escape
- Luc Bernard is a single developer who notoriously announced a gaggle of WiiWare exclusive games in 2007-2008 before releasing any and basically none of them panning out. He briefly gained notoriety for claiming he'd make a game about the holocaust. Imagination is the Only Escape.
- In 2008 he releases Eternity's Child, this time on Steam instead of WiiWare because ????. In the 9 years it's been out it has been one of the lowest reviewing games on Steam and has sold a total of 10,000 copies.
- Around 2012 he announces, again, Imagination is the Only Escape, and runs an IndieGoGo asking for a few hundred thousand dollars. He gets something like $5000, maybe 2-3% of what he asks for. The game is not announced for Vita.
- A year later he posts the screenshot Fady K uses in the OP, which depicts... well, actually, not the holocaust, rather the german occupation of France, but let's not let the apparently lack of historical research get in the way of things.
- Around the same time he posts that the game is coming to Vita.
- 2014, 2015, 2016 go by with no updates.

- In November, 2016, yet another Luc Bernard team announces Plague Road, a Roguelike for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Vita. They try to raise about $25,000 and get about $50,000. They show off at PSX and have a partnership with Limited Run Games. I'm not going to say whether or not I think Plague Road will get finished and released, but does this suggest that Imagination is the Only Escape (a 2008 title revived in 2012) is under active development and actually going to release on Vita?

Reading over your post Stump, and I'm having serious doubts this will get released. I'll have it removed for now, thanks ^^

You might also want to note "Only in Japan" games that have/will have Asian English releases, like DOAX3 and Super Robot Wars V.

Good point, I'll shift up SRWV to the English side alongside DOAX3.

Awesome thread as always, Vita made up most of my game time last year, I've now just about passed 300 physical releases and who knows how many digital titles and I won't be slowing down anytime soon!

Always nice to see you in these threads, Shadowman16 :)

I'm going to be "that person"

In Released Games (which I admit, I personally think should contain games that get released this year rather than games that have ever been released) you list Space Hulk Ascension.
This is a separate game from Space Hulk, and only came out for the PS4 not the Vita.

In Japan Only Games (which I also think should probably only contain games due this year) you list Gundam Breaker 3, SD Gundam G Generation Genesis, Dead or Alive Extreme 3, and Deemo which have English Asian releases.
You also list Super Robot Wars V which has had an Asian-English release confirmed.

You also have stuff like Gundam Conquest V, Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Fortress, World End Eclipse, and Judas Code where the servers have been shut down.

In Upcoming Games you list Minutes, which came out in February 2015.
You also list Airship Q. The Japanese release has an English patch, and the English version has released on PC - if it was going to come out as an actual English Vita Version I think it probably would have.

Also in Upcoming Games you list a load of stuff that isn't going to happen. I can give you a list of stuff that I believe hasn't had any updates since 2014 if you want, as that's a few years back now, but I'm not listing that here. I'm just going to list the ones that I believe have slightly more concrete reasons for not happening than a lack of even remotely recent updates.

Baboon - It came out in January 2015 (in Europe) and July 2015 (in Japan). If it was going to come out in the US it would have by now.

C-Wars - Reviews of the steam version say it's been abandoned.

Death Ray Manta - I'd say it hadn't been heard from since 2013 but that would be a lie because an entire 2 years after it was announced it still didn't necessarily know what it's going to be. Over at bagfullofwrong the original Death Ray Manta and the android version are free but unsupported downloads, so I can't imagine a Vita one is being worked on.

Kura - I can't even find what this is. That might not be a good reason to think it isn't happening, but surely if it was I'd be able to find something :x

LOUD on Planet X - Said on facebook that "the port to Vita is indefinitely delayed at this time"

Paneuropa - I think this was meant to be a PSMobile title before that went kaput. I don't think it was ever meant to be a full vita title.

Play Kiseki untitled game - I'm not sure what it is and I can't find any reference to it in anything other than these threads atm.

Project Phoenix - It's never going to happen. Okay, okay, it's "delayed until 2018" ... but seriously, it's never going to happen. And even if it is, 2018 is next year ;)

SilverQuest: Gaiden (what you have listed as "Miniflake") - The PC version has been in Early Access since December 2014 and steam reviews suggest it's been abandoned.

Skeleton Rider - It came out in July 2014 (In Europe). The lack of US release might be due to this claim that the game rips someone else off. Anyway, it's been two years. It ain't coming.

Super Forget-Me-Not - Okay, so his old blog is gone. The new one (that started in November) doesn't mention SFMN but it's not listed under games, and before it was gone it said "this is taking forever. i'm still keen but haven't really worked on it for ages..."
(I made note of it back in August but seemingly didn't make note of the actual date he wrote it, if it ever said)

Vacant Sky Awakening - There was always some weird engine trouble. The PC Version has 3 Acts available for preorder and dated 2 years ago. It's not looking promising.

Hey there Ephidel - thanks a lot for being that person, your feedback has been most helpful! And I mean VERY helpful. Cleaned up much of the upcoming games list thanks to you! I did keep Project Phoenix cause this is the 2017 edition of an upcoming games for Vita thread rather than upcoming games for the vita in 2017 only. Thanks a LOT for your lovely feedback.

Incredible post of upcoming games. Great work on OP. I can see myself getting a good number of them if they are in English/easy to understand.

Thank you very, very much for the kind words jjasso21! I cleaned up the list a lot and will regularly update the thread with news of upcoming games as i'm sure many of the awesome Vita fans in this thread will too :D

Well after reading that very long OP in full, I totally forgot about NightCry, I definitely think that isn't coming now, not heard a thing about it in what seems like ages. Also, I really doubt any of the Telltale stuff is coming now since they seem to have abandoned the platform altogether.

I agree with you about the telltale stuff, though the nightcry devs told me to stay tuned for the Vita version of the game, here's hoping...

Also, Fady, I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that Electronic Super Joy is no longer coming to Vita. I can't find confirmation of that, though (I think I saw that news in a BlueMaxima update video)

Thanks dangerblade - i'll take your word for it ;D It has been removed.

Thank you Fady for the new thread and a happy new year.

Hopefully not the last year for the Vita.

You are most welcome boingball :) Happy new to you too! Enjpy the thread and stay tuned for more updates :D

Subbed- Thank you for the work on an awesome OP

fyi in coming soon you have Slain:Back from Hell. It's been out for like a month- it's cross buy, too!

You are most welcome Stainless :D Thanks for the kind words and the feedback, enjoy the thread ^_^

Wow, great thread!

Vita delivered... big time. It has more games than most populair consoles like SEGA Genesis, N64, NES etc..

Thanks Ruud, enjoy :D

Great thread. Looking forwards to a lot of these games.

Enjoy BomberMouse :D

So i guess Vita's version of bloodstained is far away from being a reality. Closing Vita's life with a nice castlevania clone could be great but it is not meant t be.

@Fady
Man everytime i see your new updates i see a new game i never saw before so thanks for that!

Thank you so very much incpdo, always nice to see you around the Vita threads friend :) I cleaned up the list so hopefully the new list is far more accurate ;D

Thanks Fady K, great work as always.

You are most welcome nampad, humbled by the kind words :D

Subscribed. Great OP as always.

But like others already mentioned, the list is full of games that already released. So shouldn't they be removed from a list of upcoming games?

Thanks for the kind words yaffi; trimmed the list a lot more, let me know if you guys have any other feedback ;D

Vita love is Vita LOVE!

<3 <3 <3

Salt and Sanctuary was awesome on PS4, and I really hope it still comes to Vita. I know Sickhead (studio that ported Axiom Verge to Vita) is handling the port, but as far as I know there hasn't been an update in a while.

They reconfirmed it for Q1 2017 at PSX. I reeaaaally hope the port will be good, can't wait to pick it back up.

will buy all exp. games and other new releases. will even replay a few older titles.

hopefully we can get new english saga info soon...

Another great update Fady. A few of my suggestions:

- Remove Gundam Breaker 3 & SD Gundam from upcoming games. They've already released in Asia (Gundam Breaker released nearly a year ago) and there's no word on a western release. I think it's safe to assume these are Asia-only.

- You have Siralim 2 & Defender's Quest DX on twice.

- I can't find the tweet, but I asked the devs of "Smash Derby" if the game was still coming and they said it was on indefinite hold while they work on other projects. So I'd guess that's cancelled.

- Warlocks vs. Shadows released August 2015 on Steam. No update on console versions since then. Devs seem to have moved onto other projects. I'd assume it's gone.

- Cubikolor was supposed to released in February 2016. It's now a year late, no updates and has already released on PS4/XB1. Not looking good.

- The last update on Revenge of the Titans was May 2014 when Curve Digital said they were splitting the original double-release with Titan Attacks into two single releases. Two and a half years later, it's not here.

- Wilderness was announced in 2014 with a couple of screenshots and no word since. Red flag for me, doubt it even exists. I'd say the same about Exorcism - developer hasn't updated their twitter since 2015 and even then, they weren't tweeting about that game lol.

- Similarly the last updates for Echoes; Starlit Adventures & A Clumsy Adventure are all from 2014 with no word since. We need a cut off point where if the dev goes silent, assume the worst (which is nearly always true).

- Minecraft Story Mode I would put in the boat with Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones in "assume it's not coming unless we see some damn evidence".

- DriveDriveDrive is "indefinitely postponed"

- Action Henk - like 8 months since it released on other platforms, Vita no longer listed on their website etc.

- 2 fast 4 gnomz - can't find any evidence of this being announced for Vita?

- Outpost 13 - game released like a year and a half ago on Steam to pretty middling reviews, no updates since, assume the worst.

There's more in there that need trimming based on how long it's been with absolutely 0 updates imo, don't have time to do it now :(

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Is Vita the portable console with the largest support ever?

mollipen

Is Vita the portable console with the largest support ever?

Good lord no. There isn't a proper way to express the amount of support that the DS had in its heyday. At least in Japan, the amount of releases that platform got was simply mind blowing, in part because it was existed in a pre-smartphone world where the DS was able to become something more than a gaming device.

And I'm not sure how things directly compare on the 3DS side, but that platform gets so many smaller digital titles that most people never even know exist. So I don't know how numbers would look between even those two.

That said, I bought more Vita games in 2016 than for all other platforms I own combined, so I'm ready for it to continue on as long as it possible can. I do have a bit of fear that this will be the last really consistent year for the platform, but I'm also not ready to give up on 2018 just yet.

Canadian

I just picked up a Vita and I'm really enjoying it. I missed out on many of the PS2 classics so I'm looking forward to those. I beat God of War and enjoyed my time with it. The game was simple, fun and it felt like going on an adventure. Just started God of War 2 and I'm surprised at the jump in quality, looking forward to finishing this one as well.

So far I also have Ratchet and Clank Trilogy, Uncharted, and Persona 4. What a great system, it's a shame Sony didn't support it more.

Moofers

What makes you say that? Did you read something somewhere?

@Fady K
Your love for the Vita is pretty apparent! Great job again on the thread. GAF has you to thank for a really nice reference point for the Vita's outlook this year. :)

incpdo

I just picked up a Vita and I'm really enjoying it. I missed out on many of the PS2 classics so I'm looking forward to those. I beat God of War and enjoyed my time with it. The game was simple, fun and it felt like going on an adventure. Just started God of War 2 and I'm surprised at the jump in quality, looking forward to finishing this one as well.

So far I also have Ratchet and Clank Trilogy, Uncharted, and Persona 4. What a great system, it's a shame Sony didn't support it more.

dont forget to get the sly trilogy! from ps2 other games you have (ports/remasters):

FFX HD collection ,
Metal Gear Solid hd collection,
Jak trilogy avoid this one if possible
Cel damage HD
Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space
Odin Sphere: Leifthrashir

Bonus tracks : Oddworld Stranger wrath and Oddworld Munch Odyssey (not ps2 games but from ps2 era)

for PSP you have even more

Note: regarding bloodstained , its just a feeling i have due to several factors: the Ps Vita being in the last strech of its life. Bloodstained improving significantly on graphics - The use of Unreal Engine 4. The situation in general over kickstarter promises . etc. I think bloodstained will be a much better game than the initial demo previously shown. i dont see it doable from a business standpoint.

SephLuis

Here's to another year full of great releases.

The japanese list made me realize I want even more games than I thought initially.

mollipen

I looked up on Wikipedia, DS has 1800, Vita 1300, 3DS 1000 and PSP 870 games.

That seems lower than I would have imaged on the DS side. But, the platform didn't have the benefit of digital downloads throughout a good chunk of its life, so it would have had far more boxes on shelves than something like that Vita.

Skyrise

Awesome post! MixedBag here, some updates on our games:

- as announced on Twitter our metroidvania forma.8 finally entered Sony QA and we should be able to ship the game in February! Really happy on how the Vita version turned out! :)

- we're still working on Wheels of Aurelia Vita port. The game runs on VitA but performances are not good right now. We have some more optimizations coming. Really hope to be able to do it.

- we have a couple more games coming this year on Vita. ;)

Awesome post! MixedBag here, some updates on our games:

- as announced on Twitter our metroidvania forma.8 finally entered Sony QA and we should be able to ship the game in February! Really happy on how the Vita version turned out! :)

- we're still working on Wheels of Aurelia Vita port. The game runs on VitA but performances are not good right now. We have some more optimizations coming. Really hope to be able to do it.

- we have a couple more games coming this year on Vita. ;)
Yay!!!! <3

Top Bottom