• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Kioshen

When are we gonna play again, Alur?

giphy.gif

Yep, you out here too? Think it said Talking Stick Resort yeah. Was shocked, I saw 2 or 3 billboards for it on my way into downtown Phoenix and back out for my son's hockey practice. I don't know anything about those games. Not even sure what else is a common fighting game esport outside of Smash.

Smash and HOTS are the two games I follow, met my wife at a smash bros tourney lol ;)

New Zul'jin is a lot of fun, hes "better" in the sense he has more options but he struggles more in actually killing people. I dont think he will see pro play cuz he doesnt do anything valla or gmane dont really do. The only thing I could think of is maybe a net into guillotine combo. He should absolutely see HL play though.

Junkrat is honestly kind of meh, his damage seems rather piddly, like i forget im fighting one all the time EXCEPT for the mine lol. Agreed with the notion of removing his level 13 mine talent, seems really out of place. Maybe remove the cooldown reduction but make it so if its only him he goes somewhat further?

Also INV plz to any NA gaf hots

Ketch

I think he has potential to see play in competitive. Because of ensnare, guitine, armor pen, and his trait he should be really good in this meta.

good vs. armor and sustained healing
good with armor and sustained healing

I could see him getting picked

oh i totally forgot the armor part, it hasnt come up in my few games lol :p

yeah so arthas and garrosh dont like that and ETC, any uther heal comp... what am i missing...

I def think ensnare is a play maker for sure, CD isnt long and you can save it for when the cleanse is already gone or if they dont have one.

Actually he could do ok against a double support comp where people arent dying a ton because he can potentially stack pretty high...

perhaps im overvaluing burst

allright my dudes, i gave this a try during the overwatch event.

im willing to throw down with some more consistent peeps now that i got a couple matches under my belt.

where da discord tech at?

Ketch

oh i totally forgot the armor part, it hasnt come up in my few games lol :p

yeah so arthas and garrosh dont like that and ETC, any uther heal comp... what am i missing...

I def think ensnare is a play maker for sure, CD isnt long and you can save it for when the cleanse is already gone or if they dont have one.

Actually he could do ok against a double support comp where people arent dying a ton because he can potentially stack pretty high...

perhaps im overvaluing burst

good vs uther

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
those holloween bundles are bad. But, octopus mount is purchasable, I need one bad for Stukov.

Alur

When are we gonna play again, Alur?

I don't play anymore tho according to Rhak. Kio abandoned me to solo life and then I've been busy the last two weeks or so. Also wtf @ your name lmao I saw in HOTSlogs

Also INV plz to any NA gaf hots

Are you Rade in HOTS?

allright my dudes, i gave this a try during the overwatch event.

im willing to throw down with some more consistent peeps now that i got a couple matches under my belt.

where da discord tech at?

We have a discord but no one really uses it regularly. Most of the conversation happens here. Thread is a lot more active than you'd probably think given the profile of HOTS to outsiders.

brian!

Not with you guys around *ba-dum-tssss*

Might not be good for HOTS if we all play together again. The "Na" levels on the servers have had to have dropped significantly in the last 3 or 4 months.

U say this but samuro still top 5 winrate

Samuro shreds forts so fast if he has a wave tanking the shots. If he ever needed changes I'd look at removing the instant kill from tower shots and instead nerf mirror images siege damage.

brian!

If he could tank shots like that i feel like hed be a lot better but i dont think split pressure like that with no global is enough to make him a good pick.

Alur

There has been way too much Samuro discussion in this thread the past two days. I didn't even know he was a real hero still in the game.

Quick someone bitch about Valla again.

Illusion Master is garbage, tower shots ruin your day and you're actively splitting your damage potential.

I hadn't played him since release when he was broken but I terrible playing with other terrible players, saw Yuuj playing him on stream which spurned me on to tryhard with him. Turns out Samuro is pretty brainless, just merc and push then try to get picks lategame.

Ketch

i think not playing illusion master samuro is a mistake, if you dont go illusion master you might as well pick one of many other heroes that does what blade dance samuro does but better.

i think not playing illusion master samuro is a mistake, if you dont go illusion master you might as well pick one of many other heroes that does what blade dance samuro does but better.
Why would you go Illusion Master though, all it gives you is global pressure instead of something you can actually teamfight with and possible get an insane upgrade at 20.

Oh how wrong you are lol. You've clearly never seen a skilled IM Samuro player.
I mean of course cause no one plays the guy. Both Stormspy and Hotslogs have Bladestorm vastly higher picked and with a better winrate to boot. So wherever these Illusion Master Masters are they aren't numerous or good enough.
It's the more picked ult in competitive though all that said, though that's just 3 or so games.

scoobs

I mean of course cause no one plays the guy. Both Stormspy and Hotslogs have Bladestorm vastly higher picked and with a better winrate to boot. So wherever these Illusion Master Masters are they aren't numerous or good enough.
Theyre all in master or higher, because it requires a level of mechanical skill not seen in lower leagues. If Samuro was hard to kill and deceptive before, with IM he’s literally impossible to track down.

Check Grubbys YouTube channel, he plays a fairly high level Samuro.

Illusion master is the way to play Samuro. If you pick Bladestorm at higher levels you're just asking for a bad time; it's a big sign that says "Kill me!". Grubby made a good suggestion about ways to improve it, namely give Samuro 15 armor when he pops it.

I do see the split is 75% BS to 25% IM overall, but that shifts to over 60% IM in Masters. He also has ~3% higher IM winrate in Masters. Anecdotally, I haven't seen a successful bladestorm samuro in HL in a long time. All the onetricks I encounter go IM.

As a side-note, I wish IM was baseline, and they rework him around pseudo-global effectiveness. Almost like a 2nd TLV

brian!

Part of why samuro sucks is that both of his ults are ass at teamfighting. Samuro def needs to get tankier during bladestorm, or have it instantly have an illusion storming w/ you with unstackable dmg

Maledict

Making Samuro tougher during his Bladestorm means you need to remove the unstoppable. It’s impossible to escape from as a backline hero, and he is one of the easiest heroes in the game to get into your backline. Give him armour and it basically guarantees the removal of at least one hero in a team fight guaranteed with no real counterplay.

brian!

I mean currently it kind of guarantees his own removal. With like 10 or 15% armor hed only last like 2 more secs but at least hed be able to do a little damage and consider escaping

Top Bottom