• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
hLWcdET.png

gGWGZDE.png

u9xQq4o.png

sfrVueZ.png

2qcB44z.png

RaahQdL.png

JVHmUng.png

sNvtYj5.png

depzWmv.png

Reactions: 465

Newt

Player List:

Register on the LoLGAF player spreadsheet (created by boken) with your GAF name and Summoner name.

View the spreadsheet to find other players in your ranked tier and on your server to play some games!

Community Info:

No room left in NA club! If you want to join the EU club message Euler.

We also have Mumble servers for talking to other GAF players in-game.

Mumble Server:

Label: NeoGAF
Address: 72.5.195.123
Port: 64738

Inferior Discord Server

We do talk on here, so feel free to hop in.

https://discord.gg/NUHT44Y

In-houses

An in-house is when ten gaffers join to play three rounds of custom games. It's a good place for meeting people and getting advice for how to improve at the game. We usually hold at least once monthly in-house game, but some months we hold as many as four. To get more information about in house games, feel free to ask in the thread, or add Lord Newt on the LoL client.

eSports:

Check out the League of Legends Championship Series thread to discuss the weekly LCS action with other members of LoLGAF!

Just starting out? Need a bit of info?

Check out League's official guides: New Player Guide Level up Your League
Consult the Wiki for all the info
Find out the most popular builds for your champion at champion.gg
Track your progress and spy on the people you're matched with at op.gg
Use these champion difficulty guides to figure out which champions are best fit for you: 1 2 3 4

Previous OT Hall of Shame:

TheFlow

Banned
OMG I laughed so hard.

Great OT and the funniest OT I have read in a long time.

The nev stuff, along with the yas ban slayed me.

zkylon

zkylewd
1nZdoTn.png

quinn is so dumb lol (also good junglers are such a rare treat)

good ot tho

i feel like ghost should be on ur team and leezard on ours tho

Mandoric

Banned
RFC -> Rapid Fire Cannon

No lethality cap AFAIK.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't diminishing returns kick in depending on team comps in particular? Full stacking arpen+reduction gives you either 74 lethality + 30% reduction + 7% reduction = effective 113.67 for Ferocity tree or 82.4 lethality + 30% reduction = effective 117.71 for Cunning, enough to do true damage to anyone with no armor items except Rammus or Garen.
Median armor at 18 is only 78, so even after standard armor seals you only need effective 87 which can easily be reached while skipping one of EoN / Duckblade / marks. And that's even before having a Sion or Vi or Jayce or Corki, or something less meta, on your team.

You're still getting flat -15 armor , of course, but that's only better than the -45% bonus you could spend the slot on against Vow, Locket, Tabi, or Zeke's without armor seals, or only against Vow with.

(writing this makes me realize i've been doing MF wrong. But do I drop EoN and its active that lets me finish an ult channel, or Duskblade and literally the only sweeping my team does?)

Diminishing returns is likely to kick in at some point, but I haven't done the math to figure out where that is and I'll trust your math for now.

Also, there was some inspired shitposting on the last page of OT12.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
is this the DOTA 2 thread?

TheFlow

Banned
it is one of those things that depends on how much health/armor the enemy team has.

but the build is general viable since tanks will never go out of style.

Ever

Banned
EXPERIMENT Glowing 1000 degree KNIFE VS PUBIC HAIRS! TRULY INDESTRUCTIBLE? [GONE WRONG] [GONE SEXUAL]

zkylon

zkylewd
next game our jungler went 0 7 0

it really feels like the game is basically decided by who's got the better jungler

Ever

Banned
What is all this drama with Lyte.

Riot Lyte was outed by his fiance after he was caught cheating with 3 other women, one a former Riot employee. Now he's suing because his now ex-fiance hasn't returned the engagement ring. The irony is so strong, it reeks. Lyte, the supposed bastion of positivity, the bane of toxic players, had his own chat logs put out there and revealed him to be just as toxic as the people he banned. It's a fitting end to his story.

I only have one thing to say: rekt LUL

Longform story here: https://twitter.com/JackieMButler

EDIT: Seriously, read the longform. It gets way worse.

Talents

Banned
Riot Lyte was outed by his fiance after he was caught cheating with 3 other women, one a former Riot employee. Now he's suing because his now ex-fiance hasn't returned the engagement ring. The irony is so strong, it reeks. Lyte, the supposed bastion of positivity, the bane of toxic players, had his own chat logs put out there and revealed him to be just as toxic as the people he banned. It's a fitting end to his story.

Wait wot. How haven't I heard of this.

Holy shit that picture from his phone though...

Newt

So, the one part of the OT I didn't draft with Dob was the Naota Blitz comic at the end. That gave me a good laugh haha.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm gonna wait and see about this lyte stuff

no point having an opinion on people's dirty laundry, and ppl like richard lewis and montecristo pouncing on this like hyenas is disgusting

i think it's more disgusting that lyte would pretend to be this white knight, no toxicity guy and manipulate 3 people for sex but that's just me.

holy shiiiiit

wow

I believe it. He left Riot, a cushiony job, out of the blue, so it matches up with him cheating on another rioter.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
honestly i'm surprised this is all out on the net. like.. lawyers on both sides are going to have a heyday.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think it's more disgusting that lyte would pretend to be this white knight, no toxicity guy and manipulate 3 people for sex but that's just me.
it's not a competition

nothing good ever comes from being kneejerk involved in stuff like this, so i'd rather wait

Wow. This is creepy as shit. I'm trying to read through, but it's all over the place. Did Lyte leave Riot because of what was going on in his persona life? Or nothing solid one way or other?

Top Bottom