• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Newt

Yeah, the 10 ban system will essentially force Riot to rework certain champions like Hecarim, Yasuo and Rengar.

I agree. If Riot reworks Rengar, I think something like this would make people happy:

Q: Instantly kills Rengar and heals the enemy team for a % of their missing HP
W: For the next 1.5 seconds, all enemy ranged attacks critically strike
E: Rengar doesn't get an E
R: Grants the enemy team vision, and provides them with extra MS when running towards him or his teammates.

zzz

Talents

Banned
Playing a champ that never gets banned is the best feeling. It's just another reason why Viktor is the best champ in the game.

END-OF-GAME RIGHT CLICK GOODIES You can now right-click on others' names on the end of game screen to add them as a friend, block them, or view their profile.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

JulianImp

Turns out the Veigar was a full-fledged troll. Made sure not to write in chat so as to not leave any logs behind, fed out of his ass and also disconnected for a bit every time he got himself killed. Couldn't we have a "report for obvious trolling" button in the report form? The worst part is that there was somebody else in the team that kept voting no for surrender while they kept taking towers, dragons and baron.

Also, are you telling me I deserve being paired up with not only a 2/14/6 troll support Veigar, but also a 3/12/6 Lucian and a 4/15/4 Lee Sin? I ended up going 2/5/4 with a CS of 164 to Gnar's 172, and the only truly good player in our team was a 14/6/3 mid Jayce.

Sure, it's the luck of the draw, but tell me I'm supposed to consistently go on win streaks if things like these happen to me every two or three games at best.

To compensate, a later game had me disconnect due to random internet issues, and when I came back half an hour later we were about to win since the enemy adc had disconnected early on as well. Basically, which games I won or lost were mostly dictated by which team happened to get the sucky players, which makes it so that I don't feel like I have as much agency in actually winning and losing because there's always four other people on my team that heavily influence the match based on how good or bad they are.

TheFlow

Banned
Playing a champ that never gets banned is the best feeling. It's just another reason why Viktor is the best champ in the game.
This is why I play so much Nami. Though she might get picked more due to being played in a couple LCS games this split

Newt

What about playing an entire role that never gets banned :^).

Turns out the Veigar was a full-fledged troll. Made sure not to write in chat so as to not leave any logs behind, fed out of his ass and also disconnected for a bit every time he got himself killed. Couldn't we have a "report for obvious trolling" button in the report form? The worst part is that there was somebody else in the team that kept voting no for surrender while they kept taking towers, dragons and baron.

Also, are you telling me I deserve being paired up with not only a 2/14/6 troll support Veigar, but also a 3/12/6 Lucian and a 4/15/4 Lee Sin? I ended up going 2/5/4 with a CS of 164 to Gnar's 172, and the only truly good player in our team was a 14/6/3 mid Jayce.

Sure, it's the luck of the draw, but tell me I'm supposed to consistently go on win streaks if things like these happen to me every two or three games at best.

To compensate, a later game had me disconnect due to random internet issues, and when I came back half an hour later we were about to win since the enemy adc had disconnected early on as well. Basically, which games I won or lost were mostly dictated by which team happened to get the sucky players, which makes it so that I don't feel like I have as much agency in actually winning and losing because there's always four other people on my team that heavily influence the match based on how good or bad they are.
There's obviously going to be ranked games that are out of your control. Move to solo/duo q if you want a better experience. Flex isn't the real ranked queue, you often have diamonds vs silvers, and no-one takes it seriously.

Though, I do think that you have to realize that if you're in bronze 5, you're probably not playing very well yourself.

are u saying fizz and talon and akali aren't bullshit?
They're bullshit but they're not meta - or particularly good - so no one plays them, no reason to waste bans on them.

Plus with Edge of Night Fizz's threat level lowers considerably since he needs his stupid ult to do anything.

JulianImp

There's obviously going to be ranked games that are out of your control. Move to solo/duo q if you want a better experience. Flex isn't the real ranked queue, you often have diamonds vs silvers, and no-one takes it seriously.

Though, I do think that you have to realize that if you're in bronze 5, you're probably not playing very well yourself.

I know. Still, these last few games have all been part of my placements for ranked soloq.

While I do have a couple games every now and then were I just can't do anything right, I have already learned (albeit obviously not mastered) some basic mechanics such as avoiding skillshots, last-hitting minions or knowing when to play passive to avoid unnecessary deaths, so it's kind of vexing when I see teammates do weird stuff I'd never even try except for a last-ditch attempt at diverting the enemy team's attention, such as voluntarily going into fights when they are behind in gold, levels or are outnumbered, or nobody warding at all and then acting surprised when caught by enemy rotations and stuff.

The game's just absurdly opaque when trying to measure my performance, since it isn't like 1v1 Smash Bros, were I'm obviously the one at fault if I end up losing and it's easier to realize when and how things went wrong. These four teammates of mine plus there being five opponents in the enemy team make it a lot harder for me to clearly see who's making mistakes and who's playing well outside of obvious things such as people going 0/10/0 or 10/0/10, and of course I'm new enough at the game that I still can't measure those small incremental advantages such as someone properly managing their lane's minion waves or spoting good trade opportunities reliably.

zkylon

zkylewd
that anivia skin is so damn good

They're bullshit but they're not meta - or particularly good - so no one plays them, no reason to waste bans on them.

Plus with Edge of Night Fizz's threat level lowers considerably since he needs his stupid ult to do anything.
that's not proving what i'm saying wrong tho (and talon is top 10 winrate top and mid but w/e)

10 bans means assassins are never played again, that's just gonna be the way it is, and the only assassins that won't be banned are the garbage ones like akali (who's still bullshit and way more bullshit than leblanc, zed and rengar combined lol)

in any case, 10 bans seems to have changed virtually nothing in competitive, and i'm not in a hurry for 10 bans on solo q either

i refuse to believe ghost got banned for the Faker thread.
everyone that went "who?" got banned

mods were actually fair this time

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
in any case, 10 bans seems to have changed virtually nothing in competitive, and i'm not in a hurry for 10 bans on solo q either
I'm not sure how you can say this. Its effects are pretty clear and it has universal praise from pro players.

10 bans opened picks that would have never happened before, the effect is just dampened by the meta having issues and overall risk aversion.

PBE shit
Cho ult now stacks with HP, oh dear
Maokai
Arcane Smash (Q) mana cost increased from 45 to 45/50/55/60/65.
It baffles me that Maokai was allowed to have his Q like this for this long.
Blade of the Ruined King
AD increased from 25 to 45
Attack speed lowered from 40% to 25%
Lifesteal increased from 10% to 15%
Minimum damage on on hit increased from 10 to 15.
Unique Active changed - damage/self heal portion has been removed. Still slows.

Last Whisper
AD lowered from 25 to 10.
Bonus Armor Pen increased from 30% to 45%
Build path changed from [Pickaxe + 425 gold] to [Long Sword + 950 gold.]
Ooh la la

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm not sure how you can say this. Its effects are pretty clear and it has universal praise from pro players.
just look at any site that aggregates number and distribution of picks

it's the same

i'll admit it's a rushed comment cos camille, rengar and leblanc are talking out a third of the possible bans, but 10 bans haven't changed as much as people would like to believe

10 bans opened picks that would have never happened before, the effect is just dampened by the meta having issues and overall risk aversion.
i guess we'll see, the results so far aren't super encouraging and after three weeks i'm back to alt tabbing out of pick and ban phase

PBE shit
Cho ult now stacks with HP, oh dear
doesn't scale with ap anymore tho, which basically kills ap chogath

which is good, ap chogath sux

Calvero

Banned
everyone that went "who?" got banned

mods were actually fair this time

i get that. but of all the shit that's gotten ghost banned before and shit he's said that's gone unbanned, it's hilarious.

those posts are obviously just mocking the users actually asking "who?"

i mean look at this shit:

who is flash

u mean this guy
the-flash.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
i get that. but of all the shit that's gotten ghost banned before and shit he's said that's gone unbanned, it's hilarious.

those posts are obviously just mocking the users actually asking "who?"

i mean look at this shit:
i'm not saying he deserved being banned, just that mods weren't biased this time

i ofc respect him for trolling salty doters

Remind me who was that pro jungler again? A few years back in some LCS match he couldn't pick a jungler he was comfortable with. He ended up picking Rammus and looking up a guide somewhere before the match started.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I like those BoTRK changes, they could give a lot of power for auto attack based ADCs.

I just hope the changes stick.

JulianImp

Since I'm finally at over 3K IP, are there any recommendations for toplane in case I want to avoid getting bullied out of lane by ranged tops such as Jayce, Gnar, Teemo and I guess Kennen (so many yordles!)?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Since I'm finally at over 3K IP, are there any recommendations for toplane in case I want to avoid getting bullied out of lane by ranged tops such as Jayce, Gnar, Teemo and I guess Kennen (so many yordles!)?

play jayce, gnar, teemo, etc :p

Shmuppers

Nah, Día de los Muertos Jhin is where it's at.

Cool Anivia skin, though. Almost makes me want to play her.

ugh forget what I said that's much better

I've never liked Anivia's kit. She's probably the mage I have the least amount of games on

Irelia perhaps.

It would be best to play a mage into something like teemo or kennen. I don't think Jayce is going to be as much of a problem for you after these nerfs he's getting.

Top Bottom