• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Ever

Banned
So they're giving ADCs a 1-item spike purchase now? Seems fair. ADC's don't have their version of Black Cleaver/Trinity Force/Morellonomicon that the rest of the roles have.The idea makes sense in theory. Give ADCs a bunch of stats they want plus a helpful passive to start doing more things earlier in the game. I just hope they adjust their mid and late games accordingly. My question is, why BoRK? I'm disappointed they're taking the item away from bruisers and giving it to ADCs, considering most bruisers are pretty balanced and I liked that item for the huge 1v1 potential it gave. Oh well, I might have to move to PD or something similar, but life steal & the % health damage is huge for 1v1s and tank killing, and I'll miss that.

The new LW changes are interesting though. Giving ADCs more power to deal with tanks, and doing it earlier. I can definitely see ADC's picking this up mid game and sitting on it until we start hitting 40+ minutes, because that 45% bonus pen is huge, especially that early. Honestly I think tank meta will die out with a quickness if this change ships, and it'll be about who can burst who first. As a primarily bruiser player, I'd better start stacking lethality tbh. One-shotting squishies before they can react is a must now, god forbid Riot starts giving them more survivability in the form of resistances.

Now ADC meta, with exhaust still being as stupidly OP as it is, now that's truly the darkest timeline.

Talents

Banned
Lul. Get in a lobby with a guy raging at me to give him mid since he keeps getting shitters mid lane. I refuse and someone dodges. Next game get him on the enemy team and destroy him mid lane.

Feels good man.

Also I'm starting to regret converting all my Gemstones into keys and chests. I'll be so fucking sad if Viktor gets a skin and it's a hextech gemstone exclusive.

Ever

Banned
Riot goes into more detail about Worlds and MSI on the previous pages. As an NA fan, I'm pretty disappointed. We get fucked pretty hard by almost all of these announcements. It's cool they want to broaden the spectrum of who gets invited to all these events, but it's kind of disappointing that we get the shaft for a lot of it.

- No more guaranteed seeding for MSI

- Losing a 3rd slot at worlds, now a play-in spot

- Worlds hosted in China (shitty times for NA)

Understandable, but pretty sucky nonetheless. It's like being a CLG fan, you just have to accept the goods with the bads and hope it all works out.

Riot goes into more detail about Worlds and MSI on the previous pages. As an NA fan, I'm pretty disappointed. We get fucked pretty hard by almost all of these announcements. It's cool they want to broaden the spectrum of who gets invited to all these events, but it's kind of disappointing that we get the shaft for a lot of it.

- No more guaranteed seeding for MSI

- Losing a 3rd slot at worlds, now a play-in spot

- Worlds hosted in China (shitty times for NA)

Understandable, but pretty sucky nonetheless. It's like being a CLG fan, you just have to accept the goods with the bads and hope it all works out.

if only they stopped fucking using axs in the us

"we're waiting in this virtual line with you too, your spot isn't guaranteed, and we pick randomly each time"

fuck off.

zkylon

zkylewd
8 more teams at worlds, but most of them from the wild card regions

interesting, i think it's a good move and they're taking steps to make sure the wildcard teams get swept in first unless they can take the spot out of underperforming major region teams, as well as fighting amongst themselves for them

sounds good to me, lms deserves that third seed, and every region other than korea has to fight more for their rights to being there, which seems fair

interesting changes

zkylon

zkylewd
dh4pn92.png

playing against our team must've been a nightmare

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
LMAO that World's format. Holy shit. This is hilarious. I mean... this is pretty much deserved considering every region besides Korea consistently drops the ball at World's. Now there's more fodder for the lesser teams to get better before getting to group stages. Either that or become fodder. This is not surprising at all.

zkylon

zkylewd
ohXxxjl.png

i would've thunk vayne top could go toe to toe with quinn but yeah...

i wish i could get two games of mid in a row, i feel like i'm getting rusty at playing it cos i'm getting so much fucking top -___-

at this rate i'm going to become a quinn otp

damn you rito costy

what's the EO mean

it's a mystery!

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm really surprised they haven't hit shaco yet

it's a 100% solo q nerf but i really don't like playing against that champion and he's like very high in both winrate and playrate and he's got one of the most toxic kits in the game

zkylon

zkylewd
So we're probably looking at 1200+ true damage full tank cho gath ults right?
nah

it's 300/475/650 (+ 12% bonus health)

at 4k total hp that'd be like what, 2500 bonus hp?

1k dmg is probably the most he's gonna deal, which is still a fuck ton of dmg but he'll be building tanky which means he'll be losing a bunch of dmg elsewhere

i most definitely think cho needs to be a tank, so this is a change i appreciate

also this makes his roa purchase super valuable again since the ap gives him waveclear and hp gives him burst

morellos cho is just unpleasant to play against lol

jerd

Are there details on the 10 stack E? I couldn't fine anything. I'm guessing it's just slightly higher base damage but hopefully it's like %Hp or a slow or something like that

JulianImp

play jayce, gnar, teemo, etc :p

Irelia perhaps.

It would be best to play a mage into something like teemo or kennen. I don't think Jayce is going to be as much of a problem for you after these nerfs he's getting.

Fighting fire with fire is kind of weird when it requires mastering transforming champions (which I still suck at, because they've just got too many options for my bronze brain to process) or freaking Teemo, of all things. I mean he's a ranged champion, but I don't see him as a truly powerful champ because his mushrooms are a pain and help him ward in his own cancerous way, yeah, but he doesn't help initiate, tank or even splitpush all that well. He does crush champions that rely on on-hit burst damage, though, but he doesn't seem all that good as a team player.

I'll also make sure to try Irelia out if she shows up in random rotation, but will otherwise wait because she's a 4800 champ, right?

what's the EO mean

I fear that only those who know His Lewdness in person are able to grasp such knowledge.

JulianImp

if u like singed u might like teemo

i don't know what that says about u tho

Hey, that's mean!
You forgot Urgot.

I like Singed because he's a lot more focused on map awareness to avoid playing fair as much as possible (games were I can't proxy are always sad), and also because unless I happen to go in too deep I can always ult and/or ghost to live another day.

Having to stay in lane also sucks because most of the time my opponents are also smart enough to build MR early, meaning I'm only destined to get kills on them if they get too cocky for their own good.

Wait, now that I think about it, wouldn't
Urgot
actually work as a ranged toplaner to fight other ranged tops? Or has he become forsaken and outdated to the point it would be madness to even try playing as him?

I love just how daft Urgot is as a champ and the idea of him. He's a shit ADC but I would never dodge if someone went Urgot ADC.

Ever

Banned

acc6d0cc2fa3030894e8979ca5c07a44.png

You know, I wonder if they'll ever do anything about how Janna & Exhaust have been consistently overpowered for more than a year now. I get playing Support feels bad enough for most people and Riot wants more people playing support in the name of queue times, but they really shouldn't be exempt from balance changes. Hidden OP is still OP, despite not being as oppressive as a Jayce/Rengar/Camille.

Exhaust is too strong when it can be used both defensively and offensively. If they'd nerf Janna, nerf Exhaust (or split it into 2 spells), and buffed ignite, it would go a long way in promoting aggressive gameplay and summoner spell diversity.

I love just how daft Urgot is as a champ and the idea of him. He's a shit ADC but I would never dodge if someone went Urgot ADC.

If someone tries to play Urgot ADC, that's an immediate OP.GG check in my book. Need to ensure they're not trolling, because he's the only non-viable ADC atm, and a potential auto-loss if no one dodges. He only has like one power spike in Cleaver -> Muramana, and is short range with a dysfunctional kit. I'll just wait for the rework before letting him into any of my teams, ever.

If Riot cared about Janna as far as wanting people to support, they'd delete her from bot lane, not keep her around.

But yeah, Exhaust is stupid as all shit.

I think they won't touch Janna specifically because she's not seeing a ton of play. And yes her peel is real good, and yes exhaust needs a nerf of some sort, but I think with people more excited to play high DPS supports there isn't as high a priority on Janna. I look at it this way: if the balance team only has so much bandwidth for testing out changes to champs would you rather they tested changes for Janna in 7.3 or Malz/Zyra?

Shhhhhhh, breakfast might hear you

Nah, I agree that he's oppressive. I'd be dumb if I didn't. The thing is that I have like 7 or 8 champions ahead of him on the "Just F*** My S*** Up" tier while most have Rengar in their top 2 or 3.

1. LeBlanc
2. Camille
3. Malzahar
4. Maokai
5. Poppy
6. Fizz
7. Janna
8/9. Rengar/Hecarim
10. Miss Fortune

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
i most definitely think cho needs to be a tank

the wrongest opinion

IMO Cho's current skillset makes for a poor, boring to play tank champion. He has no mobility, no gap closers, no point and click CC, no way to counter the fact that fucking everyone nowadays has a dash/leap/whatever.

The AP/tanky build is fun because you get rewarded with great burst damage after landing your delayed, easy to dodge CC. Removing AP scaling from the ult attempts to force a full tank build which impacts negatively the rest of his skills, wasting the good AP ratios on those. And you need the long range abilities to do good chunks of damage because good luck catching up to anyone for sustained melee damage when everyone has access to a dash, root, displacement or peel.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hidden OP is still OP, despite not being as oppressive as a Jayce/Rengar/Camille.
riot has historically been pretty lenient towards the janna style champion, basically those champions that may have higher than normal winrates AND playrates, but abysmal banrates and non oppressive kits

for midlane, that's been ahri for a long while, as well as lux, just champions that might be really consistent and easy to play and also popular, but not the kind that make you go "bullshit!" when they kill you, the way leblanc or katarina do

they're also nowhere to be seen in competitive, which is where most of the balancing is done around

personally i would like to see this kind of champions addressed, but it's understandably not a priority for riot since pros don't play em and most ppl aren't frustrated with them

exhaust is a much bigger deal, and i would definitely would like to see it nerfed, but the game's balanced around it right now so idk what it could bring. there's also the fact that ignite is not really that much healthier of a spell so not sure what we'd be gaining if exhaust was hit hard

the wrongest opinion

IMO Cho's current skillset makes for a poor, boring to play tank champion. He has no mobility, no gap closers, no point and click CC, no way to counter the fact that fucking everyone nowadays has a dash/leap/whatever.

The AP/tanky build is fun because you get rewarded with great burst damage after landing your delayed, easy to dodge CC. Removing AP scaling from the ult attempts to force a full tank build which impacts negatively the rest of his skills, wasting the good AP ratios on those. And you need the long range abilities to do good chunks of damage because good luck catching up to anyone for sustained melee damage when everyone has access to a dash, root, displacement or peel.
yea if it was up to me i'd change his current skillset quite a bit

instant silence combined with a billion cc and a billion dmg is not fun to play against, even if he's super gated by fucking being chogath in 2017 lol

Ignites bring windows of GW but with EC and Morello's there's no reason for it to exist anymore, if those were turned into super situational buys then Ignite could have some use besides cheese kills.

Exhaust is just insane, a spell that essentially removes someone from the game for 2.5 seconds should not be on a 3.5 minute cd.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
yea if it was up to me i'd change his current skillset quite a bit

they should tie skill ranges to feast growth stacks

then uncap feast

gangplank ult-sized Q with global reach at +30 stacks gg easy

still more balanced than lb/camille/poppy (^:

Newt

Ignites bring windows of GW but with EC and Morello's there's no reason for it to exist anymore, if those were turned into super situational buys then Ignite could have some use besides cheese kills.

Exhaust is just insane, a spell that essentially removes someone from the game for 2.5 seconds should not be on a 3.5 minute cd.
Exhaust shouldn't reduce attack speed period. Makes the game feel clunky.

Doesn't exhaust also lower Armor/MR?

Edit: It does. Not sure it needed that. I certainly don't use Exhaust for the armor/mr reduction.

I'm fine with Exhaust lowering ability damage. Maybe the amount it lowers is too much, and I think there's room for argument in that. It is terribly dumb that it lowers attack speed in addition to attack damage because for carries that derive a lot of their damage from auto attack it is a double hit to their damage.

Top Bottom