• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

MiTYH

About 5 30-stamina runs in, got the secret boss in the CP9 stage. He just cuts my HP and runs away...

I know people have bad luck with secret characters, so I'm happy to have him soon. Didn't get too many young Robins, but nothing, NOTHING will be worse RNG for me than Pappagu for the Hatchi/Camie FN. Two weeks of almost straight farming, got him on the last day, only once. That was rough

That said, of the main 3 bosses for the FN, only Jabra has dropped yet. So.... yaaay socketing is going to be hell

bobohoro

I...died to elite gold cavern.
Felt bad.

Double Enel is kinda slow for CP 9 FN but gets the job done safely. Didn't yet have time to really think up a team, 3D2Y Luffy/Rayleigh would probably do it better.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I...died to elite gold cavern.
Felt bad.

Double Enel is kinda slow for CP 9 FN but gets the job done safely. Didn't yet have time to really think up a team, 3D2Y Luffy/Rayleigh would probably do it better.

Standard Slasher team works just fine for me - as well as 3D2Y Luffy.

Those drops though...hope i get some Sockets done before its gone.

Hana-Bi

Haruta works great against the CP9 fn but it's too slow. Now I just run a slasher team. Need the sockets, Jimbe books and then I need to farm Colo Vista too. Don't know which team would be the safest for Colo Vista though...

RedBoot

About 5 30-stamina runs in, got the secret boss in the CP9 stage. He just cuts my HP and runs away...

I know people have bad luck with secret characters, so I'm happy to have him soon. Didn't get too many young Robins, but nothing, NOTHING will be worse RNG for me than Pappagu for the Hatchi/Camie FN. Two weeks of almost straight farming, got him on the last day, only once. That was rough

Yeah, the secret characters seem a little more common in these socket-focused fortnights, which makes sense.

Fukuro does make running my Marco team a bit questionable, though, so I think I'll go Rayleigh here, if only because it gives me a chance to make a stupid legend-heavy team. :p

ExVicis

Don't​ about you guys but I ran the CP9 FN pretty easily with just a rainbow Rayleigh team. Seemed to work easily enough so I'll farm it alot while it's up.

Not today though, today I have to farm Rainbow Pirate Penguins since all my units need to evolve and I'm out. Sucks, I want Jimbe books.

RalchAC

3 Jinbei books, and I've had to do some runs to Penguin Island in order to get some Rainbow Pirate Penguins. Hopefully the drop rate is good here.

Tidd

YES MARCO BOOKS DURING A SKILL UP EVENT!

Same goes for Buster Call raid. AND YOUNG WHITEBEARD INVASION

mileS

That skill up event comes at a perfect time. Damn. At the same time I'm a bit soured *insert thread title here*

RedBoot

YES MARCO BOOKS DURING A SKILL UP EVENT!

Same goes for Buster Call raid. AND YOUNG WHITEBEARD INVASION

Yeah, looking forward to finishing both Kuma and Buster Call here. We also get Kizaru just a couple days before.

There's also the new colo batch next week, and if it's indeed Capone and Brownbeard, having it during a skill up will help me skill max one off really quick so I can swap to the other.

Kyou

with skill up I guess maybe I should actually, like, farm vista

are there any really safe teams?

edit: Meat snails during Kuma with skill up. Be still my heart!

EMT0

Banned
Man, this is looking like a really nice event after the eh that has been these past few weeks. A skillup event is excellent, but not seeing an announcement for a permanent skillup increase means I can either hoard my Sabo copies and get him to ~20 CD, or I can continue to hoard them in my box till that fateful day
if ever
comes. I'm not feeding my 3D2Y Zoro/Sanji books until the permanent skillup increase happens or another FN drops on Global with their books, whichever happens first. Getting them is half the battle, the other half is actually having them at usable CDs. Zoro more than Sanji since he's a great captain in his own right that can stall for days, but you guys get the point. Everything else I have left over from the now-gone FNs, I'm gonna feed if I can.

Turtles are always a good thing, having the Buster Call back so soon is nice although I really only want to skillup Dalmatian at this point so I don't care toooo much. Kuma being back is excellent, I can finish up his last two sockets and 4 or so skillups. Invasion Whitebeard...eh? I don't see the appeal of him at all, massive health cut aside. Seems like he has a super impractical CD even at max.

The only thing I gotta worry about for this week is clearing all of the Chaos coliseums and deciding how hard I wanna go in on Kizaru. Knowing that we'll have meat ups during the second half of the CP9 fortnight makes me feel more than okay with ignoring it for the rest of the week and focusing on clearing the coliseums(I still don't bother farming them yet, I pulled enough during the 2 Year Anni that I probably need one or more character's books from every incoming fortnight for the next 9 months, which means dumping my stamina on new FNs).

Finally, Kizaru. I now have the team, and I have enough gems to farm him pretty hard. But. Do I wanna commit all those gems to him? Yeah, I have Ace. And Jinbe. So he seems like a natural raid unit to farm. But do I need him ASAP? Tbqh, the answer is no. At least, not anywhere close to max CD. I've got other great QCK Shooter subs like Van Auger(pls no meme), SW Usopp, and Gladius. Fighters, I've got Legend Marco/Boa and 3D2Y Luffy, all who do great work on a Jinbe team. Yeah he increases my max burst and he's probably the best Shooter captain in the game for speedfarming(4 from double Kizaru, 1 from Ace's ship, 2 from max Charge Special, and 2 from using each Kizaru special once. That's 9 CD reduced on turn one, making someone like Zephyr have 8 turns to go for his Special to be ready). But. He's just sprinkles on an already awesome ice cream for me. I'll drop a few gems on him and farm him casually, but I won't go max or bust.

I learned self-restraint too late to save me from becoming a whale during 2YA, but I at least learned it soon enough to stop being a whale pretty quickly. Time to turn over a new leaf

J0Sb8yR.gif

cw_sasuke

Wow...thats exactly the type of event i was bitching about missing during the Anni. Perfect for us players in the middle.

Hope i can farm some Kuma/Buster Call.

Regret even more wasting my 25 gems now....lawl.

Hana-Bi

Of course I won't be able to play much during the Clash of Clashes. I really think that I won't max the Buster Call guys ever. Young Whitebeard is interesting but since I won't have much time one copy is enough for now.

mileS

This event is crazy for me. I hope they hold off on the next TS Straw Hat batch for at least a month. A sugo with that + all the raids I need this month will end me.

RalchAC

Wow...thats exactly the type of event i was bitching about missing during the Anni. Perfect for us players in the middle.

Hope i can farm some Kuma/Buster Call.

Regret even more wasting my 25 gems now....lawl.

Yep. Quite a good Clash of Clashes here, and during s.up event.

I wish we had some Anni Sunny here though.

And now we can oficially say that Buster Call has appeared as many times in 2017 as it did in 2016, right? :p

I'm on the fence about Young WB. I haven't even really seen him used except on zombie teams. A 16 turn cd for a 20% cut and 24 turn for 40% cut at max cooldown doesn't seem all that useful for a conventional team although he is a pretty beastly beatstick. Unfortunately his class typing (powerhouse/striker) doesn't do him many favors.

Gamewith has a pretty useful page for the ambush raid. Basically you choose your captain from the list and it'll send you to a page with a usable team and what raids you can beat that team with. It's not the end all be all of team compositions, but it'll give you a general idea of what parts you'll need for a successful run. Global still lacks some useful units to make this raid reliable for some teams. NM Luffy is an obvious one for Jimbei teams, INTIvankov however is a suitable replacement in some compositions since you don't necessarily need him for the delay. The lack of Pica and Doffy's boat hurts the prospect of some Driven teams. Double Fuji will still probably be alright. The one I'm concerned about the most is the use of Byrnndi World on shooter teams. I haven't seen a single shooter comp that has used Zephyr in his place. I'm even more worried about whether we'll even see him in the first place given the licensing quagmire that we had to go through just to get Zephyr. I have seen the World Pirates movie but I'm not sure if it was an actual movie release or a movie length tv special and what rights usage around that might entail.

Tidd

IThe one I'm concerned about the most is the use of Byrnndi World on shooter teams. I haven't seen a single shooter comp that has used Zephyr in his place. I'm even more worried about whether we'll even see him in the first place given the licensing quagmire that we had to go through just to get Zephyr. I have seen the World Pirates movie but I'm not sure if it was an actual movie release or a movie length tv special and what rights usage around that might entail.

We will know about this in a month. Next fortnight should be the Rumbar Pirates and after that we should get the World Pirates fortnight. If we get the latter then we should also get Byrnndi.

Personally I'll try a 2x Fuji team with Caesar, Coby, Raid Doffy and SW Usopp. I should be able to beat Buster Call with it. (Only raid I really need to farm.) But I won't go out of my way just to farm WB especially since he isn't even guaranteed to show up.
Most important thing next week will be Legend Marco books, after that we will see how many gems I have left. Thankfully the next colosseum batch is kinda bad. which means more time to farm Marco books or if I'm done, sockets for Jabra and co. Maybe I will go back and farm some Apoos to finish socketing the RR one.

bobohoro

Well, time to finally max Kuma, Momonga and Dalmatian. Really nice.
Don't think I will bother with Garp anymore.
Also need to run Wapol to get Jabra books and get him down to at least a CD of 18. Sadly his socketing is going kinda bad, Jabra is the only CP9 unit not really dropping for me.

And will probably need to farm Brownbeard as well if he is next. Need my slasher booster.
Lets see what the coli lineup is, need quite a few old units from there as well.

And I don't think I have any shot at managing Young WB, at least one thing less to grind. Will probably burn quite a few gems for this event, feels nice to have something good after the last few underwhelming weeks.

RalchAC

I wish they'd have changed Hack skillbooks for one or more units that don't have available skill books in Global right now.

MiTYH

Oh boy, young WB!

Might actually run Garp again simply because my INTHawk team can demolish him, and I saw a few generous teams with INTHawk on it to clear WB. Of course they all had 3D2Y Zoro, so I might need to change things up...

Kuma coming back I dig. Doubt I'll run Doffy unless I can make a Young WB team for him. And Buster Call... same thing, I maxed Momonga last time so I'm pretty good for a while

Always happy about a skillup too. Guess I won't throw away these units I'm asving from Olivia's FN

EDIT: Now that the last sugo gave me some better units, anyone know any decent teams for Colo Vista with either INTHawk, Sengoku, or Lucci/3D2Y Sanji as leads?

cw_sasuke

Am i the only one having weird confirmation/twitter issues with Snails today ?

Tidd

Am i the only one having weird confirmation/twitter issues with Snails today ?

No, seems like everyone has the problem. I demand 25 gems each day! Because I'm 100% sure I would've gotten 5 gems on 5 snails as long as this problem persist.

cw_sasuke

No, seems like everyone has the problem. I demand 25 gems each day! Because I'm 100% sure I would've gotten 5 gems on 5 snails as long as this problem persist.

okay thanks...got worried for a bit that it has to do with me using SNS for accounts transfers now. Hope they fix it soon.

...and yeah i would at least gotten 5 gems todays from those Snails. They cant prove otherwise...lol.

RalchAC

Don't be greedy, man. You'll get at least a belly bag and you know it.

I'll be settled with 20 gems for each day it doesn't work.

MiTYH

I heard issues last night on reddit, but I didnt have any issues at all today. Got 4/5 snails done so far

Majukun

my snails don't work anymore..it says

confirmation failed
please try again

support tracking number 403:261

anyone getting the same problems

RedBoot

Blehg, no Brownbeard in the colo batch. Dammit Bandai, we want you to speed up the colos, not slow them down. :/

Can't remember if Colo Capone ever sees any use. He seems a bit underwhelming. Well, at least I won't have to farm 40-50 copies of anyone on week 1.

Gamewith has a pretty useful page for the ambush raid.

I love that every Ace or Croc team uses Legend Doffy. Wait, no, love is the wrong word.

I'm not really worried about farming YWB, though. Invasion Shanks, on the other hand, is going to be a big one.

EMT0

Banned
The Paulie coliseum keeps clowning me >.> I keep messing up on the turtle stage and end up not having Doffy ready for Stage 4 against Iceberg. RIP 90 stamina, my lazy Fuji attempt, and two attempts done with a crash course in using Rayleigh.

Sadly, there's no easy fix for incompetence.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Finally gave Vista a try and took him out. Might just wait until he comes back to farm him. Doing things double stam has me spoiled.

Need to farm Apoo when it comes to colo next. Would make so much of these runs easier.

MiTYH

Mild achievement time!

Now that I have SW Usopp, I took to getting to the Colo Vista stage before he leaves. But I lack some real heavy hitters, bunch of errors didn't help on my part.

Finally beat Stage4 (Franky) with this weird team

Basically, first turn on boss, use Brook for full orbs, Enel for boost, and the Kalifa since you're under 10% for immunity. Next turn use Usopp for some free hits. Final turn, Capone to get full orbs again, and Cavendish for the boost, and kill. It would really help me if I leveled up my units... QCK is the worst color for me. 3d2y Brook is at 70, Capone is 67, Kalifia is 68, and the new Usopp just evolved, and is only at 36. I feel like this is a team of pokemon where 100 seems so far away....

Still, little achievemnt completed. Feels good. I think I can tackle Vista with a Cavendish/Enel combo (saw a video, thankfully all with units I actually have maxed like Leopard Lucci and HW Zoro), so wish me luck!

mileS

The Paulie coliseum keeps clowning me >.> I keep messing up on the turtle stage and end up not having Doffy ready for Stage 4 against Iceberg. RIP 90 stamina, my lazy Fuji attempt, and two attempts done with a crash course in using Rayleigh.

Sadly, there's no easy fix for incompetence.

Did you try Sengoku yet? I had a basic team for him that did pretty good. Sengoku specials x2 on Iceberg wrecks(yea one overrides the other but you can space them out or just do both at once. If you are lucky with the random dmg Iceberg won't have much to finish off, adds will be gone). Have Nico Robin and a delay for Paulie.

Coliseum Apoo is coming back? holy shit that is incredible news as a TS Luffy owner. Double stam comes in most handy when its a returning Coliseum. Guaranteed 2 copies. During a skill up as well? Sweet Christmas.

Global once again going from 0 to 100 content wise. Hope I don't get burnt out after all the farming I need to do this month lol.

commish

Coliseum Apoo is coming back? holy shit that is incredible news as a TS Luffy owner. Double stam comes in most handy when its a returning Coliseum. Guaranteed 2 copies. During a skill up as well? Sweet Christmas.

Yeah it's a perfect storm, haha. I need both the colo apoo and to socket my RR.

Hana-Bi

Finally gave Vista a try and took him out. Might just wait until he comes back to farm him. Doing things double stam has me spoiled.

Need to farm Apoo when it comes to colo next. Would make so much of these runs easier.
What team did you use? Sadly all my team options need perfects run to clear it. Croc team and one messed up tap and you'll die against Franky. Now I run a LL team but that's also very hard to pull off... Might as well wait for double stamina and run a Jimbe team with raid Sabo...

commish

What team did you use? Sadly all my team options need perfects run to clear it. Croc team and one messed up tap and you'll die against Franky. Now I run a LL team but that's also very hard to pull off... Might as well wait for double stamina and run a Jimbe team with raid Sabo...

Used a TS Luffy team, with Ivankov, Sabo, Leo and Law.

Top Bottom