• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

RalchAC

I was happy, thinking that I was out of the Wall of Sha-, I mean, Fame, and then I saw bjork post.

Please guys, get your act together. I can't be so high after dropping the game for 6 months.

A testament to my addiction :(

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah, most teams are using TS Luffy. Really the new mvp. :)

It's really the damage reduction that puts him over the top. That was not necessary. If you have good AH sockets, the AH plus the passive damage reduction just makes so many things a lot easier.

EMT0

Banned
I was happy, thinking that I was out of the Wall of Sha-, I mean, Fame, and then I saw bjork post.

Please guys, get your act together. I can't be so high after dropping the game for 6 months.

I shouldn't be so high up considering I joined so late. So I don't even know what that says about me :'(

Did you try Sengoku yet? I had a basic team for him that did pretty good. Sengoku specials x2 on Iceberg wrecks(yea one overrides the other but you can space them out or just do both at once. If you are lucky with the random dmg Iceberg won't have much to finish off, adds will be gone). Have Nico Robin and a delay for Paulie.

Not a bad idea, although my V2 Robin isn't even at Lv. 30 yet due to the booster drought I'm experiencing. I'll give it a shot if I whiff again with Rayleigh, thanks!

--------------------------------------------
I'm going to repost this here so that it's at the top of the page and visible since I think it's (kind of) important.

will add to the OP later, along with those descriptions if you guys all agree on what's what?

Nobody really replied to my final proposal that'd mesh bobohoro's proposal of dedicating posts to specific topics that we retroactively link back to with a slightly modified version of GuardianE's format proposal, but I think we're (tentatively) agreed that this is the way forward. We won't have everything done right away for obvious reasons, but that's alright. We should take our time collectively creating a page for each Legend.

The only thing left to do is decide a few details of how we're going to handle this. Thoughts on these topics?

1. 6 vs. 6+; separate pages, or done together?
  2. Whoever makes a Legend post accepts responsibility for updating it with the things we discuss after the page is first made. After that you're not responsible for it, if you're playing less or drop the game, no prob. We'll just create a new post to link to using your original post as the basis.
  3. Should we extend dedicated GAF posts to raids, or should we leave that to r/OPTC?
  4. What order do we go? No order at all? Should we prioritize older Legends first, since they're the ones which people have the most hands on experience? Or the new hotness, which people really want to talk about?
  5. Final formatting for Legend pages
I think that 6+ units should be done on the same page as the original Legend, as the most divergent 6+ to date, Hancock, doesn't really merit a separate page
if anything Hancock herself doesn't merit much of a page and most of the post should be dedicated to her 6+ tbqh.
Meanwhile, all other 6+ Legends so far have been straight upgrades to the original Legend. I suppose it's pretty apparent that the second point is my opinion, feel free to comment with your thoughts on the matter and if it's a fair proposal. On the third point, I think we should make raid posts but not now, in the future once the Legend pages have been made, and figuring out how to go about it can be left for later. I'd rather put it off so that we can leisurely discuss each Legend and make these posts not feel like a hassle/imposition on OPTC-GAF. I personally favor going through the Legends at random, as it'll keep things fresh. Who gets to do which Legend could be first come first serve in advance, ie I could claim a Legend now and be written down to take care of that Legend page when we get around to discussing it. We could assign each Legend a number and keep rolling an RNG until we get a Legend someone's called and hasn't been done before. I'll offer to handle managing that, since I proposed it. Maybe something like this?

1. Whitebeard - GAFFER1
  2. Rayleigh - GAFFER2
  3. Hancock - GAFFER3

Random Number Generator

and so on for the 28 unique Legends(I think counted that right). We could give a few days for each person to pick a(yeah, only one to keep it fair until we go through everyone who wants to take care of a Legend page) Legend, then we could roll the RNG and see who we cover first.

Finally, taking all given opinions into account, this is what I'd propose for our official Legend page format. 90% of the credit to GuardianE for providing most of the formatting, I only tweaked it.

Code:
[B]LEGEND NAME[/B]
"ALIAS"
TYPE - CLASS1/CLASS2

[IMG]http://onepiece-treasurecruise.com/wp-content/uploads/c1404.png[/IMG]

[B]Strengths:[/B]
[B]Weaknesses:[/B]
[B]Ships:[/B]
[B]Global Clear Rate (Reddit):[/B]
[B]Japanese Clear Rate (Gamewith):[/B]
[B]Optimal/Dream Team Crewmates:[/B] 
[B]Comments: [/B]
(if 6+ exists)[B]6+ Comments:[/B]

[B]Class Boosters:[/B]
[LIST]
[*]UNIT
[*]
[/LIST]

[B]Orb Boosters:[/B]
[LIST]
[*]UNIT
[*]
[/LIST]

[B]Orb Manipulators:[/B]
[LIST]
[*]UNIT
[*]
[/LIST]

[Format Note: Orb lockers, delayers, damage reducers, conditional attack boosters, affinity boosters, etc. go here. Everything that doesn't fit in one of the other three categories]
[B]Utility:*[/B]
[LIST]
[*]UNIT
[*]
[/LIST]

*Characters already in another category aren't listed here for the sake of brevity

[B]Combos:[/B]
INSERT SYNERGISTIC COMBOS HERE

[URL="some-optcdb-url"]Example RR/Legend Team[/URL]
[URL="some-optcdb-url"]Example F2P Team[/URL]

[URL="some-gamewith-url"]Gamewith Page[/URL]
[URL="some-reddit-congrats-post"]Reddit Guide[/URL]
[URL="some-GAF-post"]Start of GAF Discussion[/URL]

RalchAC

I shouldn't be so high up considering I joined so late. So I don't even know what that says about me :'(

Not a bad idea, although my V2 Robin isn't even at Lv. 30 yet due to the booster drought I'm experiencing. I'll give it a shot if I whiff again with Rayleigh, thanks!

I'm going to repost this here so that it's at the top of the page and visible since I think it's (kind of) important.

Nobody really replied to my final proposal that'd mesh bobohoro's proposal of dedicating posts to specific topics that we retroactively link back to with a slightly modified version of GuardianE's format proposal, but I think we're (tentatively) agreed that this is the way forward. We won't have everything done right away for obvious reasons, but that's alright. We should take our time collectively creating a page for each Legend.

The only thing left to do is decide a few details of how we're going to handle this. Thoughts on these topics?

1. 6 vs. 6+; separate pages, or done together?
  2. Whoever makes a Legend post accepts responsibility for updating it with the things we discuss after the page is first made. After that you're not responsible for it, if you're playing less or drop the game, no prob. We'll just create a new post to link to using your original post as the basis.
  3. Should we extend dedicated GAF posts to raids, or should we leave that to r/OPTC?
  4. What order do we go? No order at all? Should we prioritize older Legends first, since they're the ones which people have the most hands on experience? Or the new hotness, which people really want to talk about?
  5. Final formatting for Legend pages
I think that 6+ units should be done on the same page as the original Legend, as the most divergent 6+ to date, Hancock, doesn't really merit a separate page
if anything Hancock herself doesn't merit much of a page and most of the post should be dedicated to her 6+ tbqh.
Meanwhile, all other 6+ Legends so far have been straight upgrades to the original Legend. I suppose it's pretty apparent that the second point is my opinion, feel free to comment with your thoughts on the matter and if it's a fair proposal. On the third point, I think we should make raid posts but not now, in the future once the Legend pages have been made, and figuring out how to go about it can be left for later. I'd rather put it off so that we can leisurely discuss each Legend and make these posts not feel like a hassle/imposition on OPTC-GAF. I personally favor going through the Legends at random, as it'll keep things fresh. Who gets to do which Legend could be first come first serve in advance, ie I could claim a Legend now and be written down to take care of that Legend page when we get around to discussing it. We could assign each Legend a number and keep rolling an RNG until we get a Legend someone's called and hasn't been done before. I'll offer to handle managing that, since I proposed it. Maybe something like this?

and so on for the 28 unique Legends(I think counted that right). We could give a few days for each person to pick a(yeah, only one to keep it fair until we go through everyone who wants to take care of a Legend page) Legend, then we could roll the RNG and see who we cover first.

Finally, taking all given opinions into account, this is what I'd propose for our official Legend page format. 90% of the credit to GuardianE for providing most of the formatting, I only tweaked it.

Code:
[B]LEGEND NAME[/B]
"ALIAS"
TYPE - CLASS1/CLASS2

[IMG]http://onepiece-treasurecruise.com/wp-content/uploads/c1404.png[/IMG]

[B]Strengths:[/B]
[B]Weaknesses:[/B]
[B]Ships:[/B]
[B]Global Clear Rate (Reddit):[/B]
[B]Japanese Clear Rate (Gamewith):[/B]
[B]Optimal/Dream Team Crewmates:[/B] 
[B]Comments: [/B]
(if 6+ exists)[B]6+ Comments:[/B]

[B]Class Boosters:[/B]
[LIST]
[*]UNIT
[*]
[/LIST]

[B]Orb Boosters:[/B]
[LIST]
[*]UNIT
[*]
[/LIST]

[B]Orb Manipulators:[/B]
[LIST]
[*]UNIT
[*]
[/LIST]

[Format Note: Orb lockers, delayers, damage reducers, conditional attack boosters, affinity boosters, etc. go here. Everything that doesn't fit in one of the other three categories]
[B]Utility:*[/B]
[LIST]
[*]UNIT
[*]
[/LIST]

*Characters already in another category aren't listed here for the sake of brevity

[B]Combos:[/B]
INSERT SYNERGISTIC COMBOS HERE

[URL="some-optcdb-url"]Example RR/Legend Team[/URL]
[URL="some-optcdb-url"]Example F2P Team[/URL]

[URL="some-gamewith-url"]Gamewith Page[/URL]
[URL="some-reddit-congrats-post"]Reddit Guide[/URL]
[URL="some-GAF-post"]Start of GAF Discussion[/URL]

Could work well. There should be some changes to the OT (mainly erasing the quotes, and the text about Legends could be erased and just be an hyperlink to the Legend posts.

Is there any place I can reliably farm a yellow crab today? I need one to evolve my Franky so I can use him against Aokiji. I didn't realize I didn't have any.

my snails don't work anymore..it says

confirmation failed
please try again

support tracking number 403:261

anyone getting the same problems
I started getting those exact same snail problems last night.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Same...was out for nearly a year and still so high - not a good look for OPTC-GAF...and me lol.
I started getting those exact same snail problems last night.

Yeah - they addressed the issue in the in-game news. Seems like a Android user issues as of now.

Tidd

will add to the OP later, along with those descriptions if you guys all agree on what's what?

I'm kinda confused why you have a different one. But I knew something was off with mine because some of the top posters were nowhere to see on my list.
On mobile view I clicked on tools and then on "show top posters". Maybe it has something to do with cookies or the browser cache. Hmm, Stil strange.

Is there any place I can reliably farm a yellow crab today? I need one to evolve my Franky so I can use him against Aokiji. I didn't realize I didn't have any.
Hey CobiMeppo...
512_x_512_Neon_screw_you.jpg

R9qlBwo.jpg

Not only is it random whether the crab is purple or yellow, it is on a screen with 6 enemies. >_<

Kyou

doing some traveling this weekend so I'm calling it. Not as many explosions as the original one we had but I think it turned out okay:

UHZyQDz.png

cw_sasuke

doing some traveling this weekend so I'm calling it. Not as many explosions as the original one we had but I think it turned out okay:

Great work - thanks !!

I love the art-style in this game - will never get enough of it.

I fucked up.

I was farming Vista and had 170 stamina left with 5528 XP left till level up. I was looking to see what I could run to burn stamina before leveling up so I checked to see what XP I would get from the CP9 FN. Around 5550, so that was a no. I figured I'd run something to get as close to level up as possible and then run Colo Alvida with 2x drops to try and get my last socket on her. I remembered I haven't run the 30 stamina gold cavern yet for the completion gem. Why, there's no way that would give me enough XP to level up!

5550 XP for completion. Shit.

EMT0

Banned
I fucked up.

I was farming Vista and had 170 stamina left with 5528 XP left till level up. I was looking to see what I could run to burn stamina before leveling up so I checked to see what XP I would get from the CP9 FN. Around 5550, so that was a no. I figured I'd run something to get as close to level up as possible and then run Colo Alvida with 2x drops to try and get my last socket on her. I remembered I haven't run the 30 stamina gold cavern yet for the completion gem. Why, there's no way that would give me enough XP to level up!

5550 XP for completion. Shit.

Should have just gone to story mode, RIP

EMT0

Banned
Eh, I have pretty much everything I could want from story mode dropwise. I wouldn't mind a Nami crystal skull but 5*+ Nami isn't by any means a necessary unit with my current box.

That's fair, yeah.

I cleared Paulie with the Rayleigh team I was running on my first try, one stamina refelling break later. Once I stopped goofing on the stage with the turtle, all went well. I started in on the Mr. 7 coliseum. Thanks to my dumb failures earlier I won't be clearing it on this go-around but I should be able to finish up all of the Coliseums before they rotate out.

I dont know what to do right now, I dont have any unit I desperately want to max from these fortnights

Sounds like you need to go and farm story mode, friend.

I wish I didn't care about these FNs

mileS

doing some traveling this weekend so I'm calling it. Not as many explosions as the original one we had but I think it turned out okay

Love it!

I cleared Paulie with the Rayleigh team I was running on my first try, one stamina refelling break later. Once I stopped goofing on the stage with the turtle, all went well. I started in on the Mr. 7 coliseum. Thanks to my dumb failures earlier I won't be clearing it on this go-around but I should be able to finish up all of the Coliseums before they rotate out.

I tried that Sengoku team again today but I died. I probably got lucky with orbs when I first cleared it. Wasn't hitting my perfects like I should either. If I had Breed it would be easy. GIVE US BREED AGAIN PLEASE. Anyways. The main reason a Sengoku team is awesome for Paulie is you can almost kill Iceberg in 2 Sengoku specials. Throw them out in the same round and Iceberg will be 10-15% and his adds will be dead. Robin special + some type of orb boost and another useful special is enough for Paulie. Probably some type of orb changer. I don't have many of them for Sengoku.

Glad I managed to get all the Chaos Coliseum out of the way last minute. Didn't get to farm anything because I left it all for yesterday and today... This coming batch I have Apoo to max out and Capone sockets to get. Going to be such a busy month..

mileS

Man TS Luffy makes Aokiji as easy as Garp. I struggled so much before. Revenge!
Right? My Sengoku team is just a few sockets shy of having lvl 2 Bind and lvl 1 despair so it makes it really difficult at times. I can do it but I have to be almost flawless on Stage 1-4. Died a couple times and decided to slap together a TS Luffy team with only 1 psy character (senor pink) beat him first try. So much safer and it will give me more practice with some character timings.

What team did you use?

commish

Right? My Sengoku team is just a few sockets shy of having lvl 2 Bind and lvl 1 despair so it makes it really difficult at times. I can do it but I have to be almost flawless on Stage 1-4. Died a couple times and decided to slap together a TS Luffy team with only 1 psy character (senor pink) beat him first try. So much safer and it will give me more practice with some character timings.

What team did you use?

Yeah gotta have the sockets! I use Luffy with Ivan, SW Franky, Doffy and Sabo. Doffy and Ivan are just for the sockets.

mileS

Farming him now with

TS Luffy
Koala
SW Franky
Ivankov
Senor Pink

Watching him die to Pink's butt attack every time is amusing.

Rixa

Good thing. I have team that clear this FN, atleast with friend 5* Chopper (forgot the name).
Bad thing:
Fuck this shit, I didn't know 3k HP was not enough, I had 70% damage reduce skill ready, didnt use it. That is so lame to something like this where you kill the boss and it will kill you after its dead.

Screenshot_20170317-100337.png

Well will do it later again.

RalchAC

Good thing. I have team that clear this FN, atleast with friend 5* Chopper (forgot the name).
Bad thing:
Fuck this shit, I didn't know 3k HP was not enough, I had 70% damage reduce skill ready, didnt use it. That is so lame to something like this where you kill the boss and it will kill you after its dead.

Screenshot_20170317-100337.png

Well will do it later again.

You can use a Blackbeard team too. In any case, I'll set up my Monster Chopper for you when I switch on the game :)

Rixa

and now I don't have any snail for some reason... and no communications about the problem from Namco...

So I wasn't the only one whose Snails didn't work? I did get some error message every time I tried some snails yesterday. Was only thinking I have problem.

cw_sasuke

When you login there is a message saying that they are working on the issue. Seems like the just disabled them for now...so Snails wont even show up right now.

Kinda sucks for everyone that wanted to farm Aokiji with natural stamina. At least we got another free stone for some Turtle issues i didnt know about lol.

bjork

Some dildo stole my license plate yesterday, so I spent my entire off time at the DMV. Got it handled, new plates, etc. Now I just need to put em on the car. But that means I ran almost nothing yesterday. I wanted to do my turtle time, too. :\

That header is great. I think I'm gonna sit down sunday morning and fiddle with the OP and post #2, as that's a day off, but that header needs to get up there right now.

Also: got 5 gems, do I yolo for a bride Boa?

Kakaroach

I'm pretty tempted to farm Bege for the sockets because I use him so much on my Ace teams. However, I really want the Jimbei books so I think that's what I'll end up farming.

bjork

I need two rainbow crabs but Haruta teams take forever, even if you bring Mr.1 and Doflamingo along for fast/earlyish specials.

Wadiwasi

Banned
Just came back to this game after not playing for a really long time. Really really sucks that they cut giving you gems after finishing an island. That was what I really liked about this gacha game, they gave away a lot and that is why I chose to give them money during Sugos.

What schedule are the Sugofests on? I'll probably reroll then

commish

Up to 18 Aokijis, only going for 30 though. I really should just push through and get 50 to try to get him done but I only have so many gems, and I need them for other stuff coming up. I don't really have a Striker team anyway.

Just came back to this game after not playing for a really long time. Really really sucks that they cut giving you gems after finishing an island. That was what I really liked about this gacha game, they gave away a lot and that is why I chose to give them money during Sugos.

What schedule are the Sugofests on? I'll probably reroll then

Every 2 weeks. So, next week.

ExVicis

Up to 18 Aokijis, only going for 30 though. I really should just push through and get 50 to try to get him done but I only have so many gems, and I need them for other stuff coming up. I don't really have a Striker team anyway.
I feel you. I ran him once but I think I'm going to save my gems for Kizaru and the Clash of Clashes. I don't have an immediate use for Aokiji but Kizaru has been pretty useful in a lot of teams I have and I can see using him a lot in the future.

Then I need a bunch of Dalmatiana and Doffy copies so I'll need some gems for that.

Also there's the incredibly bad luck with Jimbe books I've been having so I'm more focused on getting that out of the way.

commish

I feel you. I ran him once but I think I'm going to save my gems for Kizaru and the Clash of Clashes. I don't have an immediate use for Aokiji but Kizaru has been pretty useful in a lot of teams I have and I can see using him a lot in the future.

Then I need a bunch of Dalmatiana and Doffy copies so I'll need some gems for that.

Also there's the incredibly bad luck with Jimbe books I've been having so I'm more focused on getting that out of the way.

Yeah, I was planning on getting a bunch of Aokiji but then the clash of clashes was announced. I still need Doffy and Kuma. And I want to socket Kizaru. He seems such a useful leader but I need some sockets!

bjork

I could really fit him into a Barto team or a Blackbeard team, but I've tried to run it twice today and whiffed twice, and I can't remember my method. I'm glad these things return, I might just let it cycle a time or two and try to level/socket dudes and go from there.

bobohoro

My initial plan was to use 4-6 gems, get a level up and farm roughly 20 copies of Aokiji.
And while it's easy and safe with my TS Franky team, it's also kinda slow, the clash is soon and I don't really have an immediate use for Aokiji.
Might just leave it at 5 copies and safe my gems. Although I'll probably not get anywhere with him that way, but eh.

cw_sasuke

Also thought of farming a couple units of Aokiji and spending some gems - but after 2 successful attempts and one failed one i dropped it.. he is a great unit but i dont really need him on any team and dont think i ever used him since playing this game.

Used the stam to farm 2-3 Rainbow Hermit Crabs instead.

EMT0

Banned
I'm going to focus on the Hannaybal FN for the rest of this week as getting skillups on Kalifa and SW Luffy would be nice. But these droprates...blegh. So many fodder units dropping posters instead of chests is so annoying.

HabeeNo

Finally was able to beat Aokiji at 60 Stamina :D

Having Bind/Despair sockets + Garp as friend captain, getting him close to 50% then bursting with TS Franky, Impact Usopp, and SW Shanks specials :p

mileS

I went hard in the paint this time around. Managed to get 75 copies of Aokiji. About 20 in I decided to take a slightly longer (but safe) route of doing most of my stalling on stage 1. Sunny would 1 shot stage 3. If I fished or planned for all my orbs before popping specials I could pull 4.7mil dmg off in one turn on Aokiji. Got about 10 Pirate lvl's from farming him.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Gonna run Wapol for marco books next week. Is it a good idea to farm for legend books at 60 stamina?

If you're planning on gemming for books, then it's worth it. You're basically just saving yourself time as long as you only do 2X stamina runs. But with natural stamina and rare drops, it's a little more of a crapshoot, since you're essentially limiting the number of runs you can do with natural stamina and there's a chance you'll get no drops at all.

Since I just pulled Marco, and it's during a 2X skill up, I'll probably be doing light gemming on the fortnight, so I'll be going 2X stamina.

ExVicis

So I am proud to say this is the first time in my OPTC career that I cleared every single Coliseum stage and got one of each available character.

So now I have to pick which of these guys to farm over the weekend. Alvida or Vista, a tough decision.

EMT0

Banned
So I am proud to say this is the first time in my OPTC career that I cleared every single Coliseum stage and got one of each available character.

So now I have to pick which chicken things be of these guys to farm over the weekend. Alvida or Vista, a tough decision.

Very nice! I hope to join you tomorrow, as I've only got the Vista coliseum left to clear. The ~18 or so Forbidden Tomes from the three coliseums I'v cleared this week have been extremely kind to me, my Fujitora is now sitting at:

3 Bind
2 Despair
4 Autoheal
2 Charge Special
3 Slots

That's 14/18 good books, and more than halfway done with his sockets! Once Fuji's done I think I'll socket Cavendish next out of my pool of Legends since I put him on a lot of teams that are conductive to clearing the Coliseum such as Slashers, Enel teams, Blackbeard teams, Fuji teams, etc. I'm tempted to socket SW Ace before Cabbage since there's no sign of that Ace Anniversary Island any time soon, but eh. I use Cabbage more than I use my SW Ace team, but I'm fairly sure that's because of my lack of Autoheal sockets on my SW Ace team, so it's a chicken and egg thing.

Doesn't help that in hindsight, I goofed on my Zephyr's sockets and I should have given him Autoheal over Orbs so that my Heracles could run Bind/Despair/Charge Special and be agnostic for either Croc or Ace. But that'd have been some crazy foresight so no point crying over something that'll get fixed eventually.

RedBoot

Doesn't help that in hindsight, I goofed on my Zephyr's sockets and I should have given him Autoheal over Orbs so that my Heracles could run Bind/Despair/Charge Special and be agnostic for either Croc or Ace. But that'd have been some crazy foresight so no point crying over something that'll get fixed eventually.

This is basically my exact problem (though I went Bind/Despair/Orbs on my Hera). My Z is only at 5/2 Bind/Despair (yes, out of roughly 75 copies to max his special, he got exactly two Despair sockets), but now that I have Ace I'd really like AH on him for forests. I think I'm just going to replace his Despair with AH guaranteed books. Already have one from the last batch, so once we start seeing them in Colos (or get the Ace island), I should be able to do it.

(And then I'll be sad that I used 4-5 guaranteed books when Zephyr finally comes back to Global. If it happens...)

Kyou

If you're planning on gemming for books, then it's worth it. You're basically just saving yourself time as long as you only do 2X stamina runs. But with natural stamina and rare drops, it's a little more of a crapshoot, since you're essentially limiting the number of runs you can do with natural stamina and there's a chance you'll get no drops at all.

Since I just pulled Marco, and it's during a 2X skill up, I'll probably be doing light gemming on the fortnight, so I'll be going 2X stamina.
Oh yeah I am farming the hell out of Marco books

Pretty sure his special level is the only thing standing between me and a couple ships

Top Bottom