• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT2| "All Quiet on the GAF Front"

Is the game still focused on SMGs and snipers like in the beta? That's why I skipped on the game, it just felt like Battlefield 4 with a WW1 skin and not an actual WW1 game where the focus would invariably be on rifles.

Is the game still focused on SMGs and snipers like in the beta? That's why I skipped on the game, it just felt like Battlefield 4 with a WW1 skin and not an actual WW1 game where the focus would invariably be on rifles.
Its more spread out between the classes, however you will still see a majority of players playing as assault cause smgs and antitank gear. And snipers cause boom headshot.

Panzon

Finally budged and got a PS4 last week and am itching to play an online shooter. Am I too late for this game or are there simply better options?

I opened a gate for a tank on Ballroom Blitz and then closed it on it to get that flying tank glitch. Turns out they patched it so tanks just blow up when gates are dropped on them. We then proceeded to lose the game.

giphy.gif

To be fair, the actual focus of an accurate WWI game would probably be on getting mulched by explosive spam, which BF1 emulates quite well.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
World War 1 realistically would make for a terrible mass market shooter.

That being said I see a pretty huge variety these days of players, and am generally happy to roll any class. I mean, even if I'm a scout I'm never playing with a score. Infantry rifle variants and offensive play are the only way to roll. Support is still kinda ehhhh but I like the thrill of mowing dudes down from a distance and putting pressure on the opposition.

I see a lot of medics around, so the rifle play is common.

World War 1 realistically would make for a terrible mass market shooter.

That being said I see a pretty huge variety these days of players, and am generally happy to roll any class. I mean, even if I'm a scout I'm never playing with a score. Infantry rifle variants and offensive play are the only way to roll. Support is still kinda ehhhh but I like the thrill of mowing dudes down from a distance and putting pressure on the opposition.

I see a lot of medics around, so the rifle play is common.
The RSC for the medic class is just too good. 2, possibly 1 shot kills are so satisfying lol.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
20 headshots with the MP18 Optical

Never again.

WillyFive

Only assignment I ever bothered doing was the airplane one. Other than that, I ignore them. Talk about intentionally making the game worse for yourself.

It's too bad, because DICE did a good job with the Battlefront daily goals.

Only assignment I ever bothered doing was the airplane one. Other than that, I ignore them. Talk about intentionally making the game worse for yourself.

Well, if you wanna unlock the new guns in the dlc, you dont really have a choice.

Well, I wanted to use the new guns, and the ribeyrolles is actually pretty fun to use. RSC and Lebel are good too. The only gun that I thought wasn't worth it is the Chauchat.

The worst assignment by far is for the new sniper. It's something like 5 headshots in a round. Fuuuck that. The gun they want you to use is the snipey-ist sniper, too. It zooms a minimum of 4x of something.

The MP18 headshots was easy if you just play normally. They'll come to you in time. I won't even try the sniper assignment, though, which sucks, because I technically PAID for these weapons but they're locked to me.

CaptNink

The worst assignment by far is for the new sniper. It's something like 5 headshots in a round. Fuuuck that. The gun they want you to use is the snipey-ist sniper, too. It zooms a minimum of 4x of something.

The MP18 headshots was easy if you just play normally. They'll come to you in time. I won't even try the sniper assignment, though, which sucks, because I technically PAID for these weapons but they're locked to me.

The whole assignment thing for DLC weapons is completely stupid. And you're right - we paid for these things; why do we have to jump through hoops to use them. That's not "fun". Hope they don't do that for the next DLC, but I'm sure they will.

novenD

Love the game, hate the player base. Every single match on every single server will have 10 different racial slurs used in the chat by the time it's over. FFS

I'm assuming it's just because I'm used to moderated community servers, but I seriously don't recall it being this bad in the last couple of Battlefields.

Sorry for venting, this is the only place that seemed relevant.

Love the game, hate the player base. Every single match on every single server will have 10 different racial slurs used in the chat by the time it's over. FFS

I'm assuming it's just because I'm used to moderated community servers, but I seriously don't recall it being this bad in the last couple of Battlefields.

Unfortunately it's been that way since 1942. I remember playing that game in Internet cafes and people would not only type but blurt out some terribly racist shit.

Olengie

Play in Operations and counter sniper.

I thougjt it would be hard, but it came naturally

WillyFive

Every single match; there's a couple of players with Trump or alt-right themed avatars, and love to regurgitate racist and horrific stuff on the chat on PC. Its nuts. So many people who plays this game has fallen to that sort of propaganda.

EatChildren

MP18 Optical headshots is the only challenge I had issues with because I hate the gun with a burning passion. Sniper headshots I can manage as the gun is accurate. The MP18 Optical's RNG bullet spread is useless. I lost count of the amount of "headshots" I could have sworn I got, but didn't.

Plus it sounds like a peashooter. It's the worst.

Every single match; there's a couple of players with Trump or alt-right themed avatars, and love to regurgitate racist and horrific stuff on the chat on PC. Its nuts. So many people who plays this game has fallen to that sort of propaganda.

I think it feels worse because the large team sizes mean you're more likely to have one or two of these guys in the game. More likely to deal with shitheads in a 64 player match than a 12 player match.

Mahonay

Banned
Lol welp someone reported my Dickbutt emblem, got an email from EA letting me know that they took it down. Had been rocking it since BF4. Goodbye my old friend. We had good times together.

Lol welp someone reported my Dickbutt emblem, got an email from EA letting me know that they took it down. Had been rocking it since BF4. Goodbye my old friend. We had good times together.

never understood why so many of you are obsessed with dick emblems.

Mahonay

Banned
never understood why so many of you are obsessed with dick emblems.
Because I liked the idea of people having to look at stupid Dickbutt when they're killed by me.

Meanwhile I constantly see emblems of tits, dicks, asses, and blowjobs, but I guess Dickbutt is somehow more offensive. Probably someone just annoyed with me.

terrible

Banned
Is the Deluxe Edition worth the extra money? Game is on sale on PSN now.

The weapons like the Lawrence of Arabia SMLE are just reskins of weapons in the base game and crates aren't worth spending money on. I'd say it's definitely not worth the extra money. I got the standard edition at launch myself.

Mahonay

Banned
Are any of the currently released DLC packs any good? Do they come with exclusive weapons?
There's only one DLC map pack out. It's ok. The weapons are ok too, nothing too exciting.

Not stellar but also not bad. I'd recommend waiting and only get them if you get tired of the base game maps.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So Jackfrags said the new Spring update is going to remove the grenade respawning system. They are also finally fixing the Operations maps that are ridiculously difficult to take and since that's all i used to play I am really looking forward to playing Argonne Forest, Sinai Desert and Monte Grappa again. It would be amazing if we got a behemoth on the second battalion in Argonne Forest. I am so fucking tired of losing three battalions on that map.

They are also adding a bunch of new ribbons for objective play which is exactly what i was asking for last month. The game does a decent job giving you massive xp for capturing flags but nothing for actually getting there and clearing it out for your team to come and get the points. Hopefully now we will get ribbons for capture kills, defense kills, spotting etc.

All of those changes sound great. i have been busy going back to holiday 2016 games that were set aside after BF1 took over my life for 3 months. It was great playing TLG, FFXV, Horizon, Zelda and Mass Effect but I think I am ready to kill some noobs again.

Anyone has the patch details in writing?

The learning curve is quite steep, isn't it? Or maybe I haven't played an actual Battlefield game in long enough.

Also, are there any bolt action rifles without scopes to use?

The learning curve is quite steep, isn't it? Or maybe I haven't played an actual Battlefield game in long enough.

Also, are there any bolt action rifles without scopes to use?

All the bolt actions have a variant without a scope. They're labeled as Infantry, Trench, or Experimental.

Oh good. The descriptions don't make that clear.

Yup. Most of them act exactly like the scoped versions, with two exceptions:

- The Russian 1895 Trench loses the sweet spot (the range at which it instakills on bodyshots) but gets increased rate of fire and improved hip fire. It's identical to the cavalry rifle.

- The M1903 Experimental basically becomes an upgraded handgun. It also takes longer to switch to K-bullets and back because you have to swap out the bolt assembly.

There's also Marksman variants of most rifles, which have less zoom but don't have sniper glare.

so what are the good medic rifles now? trying the mondragon storm and kinda digging it.

i really like the new RSC factory, the 2 shot up to almost 50m is just nasty.

Oh and the sound it makes, dear lord.

For really close range, try the M1907 sweeper on full auto, that thing shreds. But after 10~15m you better pace your shots because it gets crazy inaccurate after that and full auto is useless

- The Russian 1895 Trench loses the sweet spot (the range at which it instakills on bodyshots) but gets increased rate of fire and improved hip fire. It's identical to the cavalry rifle.

Wait. This gun is EXACTLY the same as the calvary rifle? How did I not know this before. The calvary rifle is a BEAST.

so what are the good medic rifles now? trying the mondragon storm and kinda digging it.

I love the Selblaster (sp?) and the Sweeper. I tried the RSC factory but I didn't like it. The two-shot-kill is great, but the clip is only 5 bullets. I'd much rather take the 26 round Selblaster that kills in three shots instead.

Wait. This gun is EXACTLY the same as the calvary rifle? How did I not know this before. The calvary rifle is a BEAST.

I love the Selblaster (sp?) and the Sweeper. I tried the RSC factory but I didn't like it. The two-shot-kill is great, but the clip is only 5 bullets. I'd much rather take the 26 round Selblaster that kills in three shots instead.

I'm not sure if it's exactly the same, but they are the most similar. Though it's weird that when you get kills with the Cavalry rifle, you get credited with kills for the Infantry version.

I'm not sure if it's exactly the same, but they are the most similar. Though it's weird that when you get kills with the Cavalry rifle, you get credited with kills for the Infantry version.

The Wiki says:

. It is statistically identical to the Trench variant, except for a better damage ramp, slightly faster muzzle velocity, and faster recovery, but wider spread.

So I guess not identical, but pretty close.

Top Bottom