• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT2| "All Quiet on the GAF Front"

Ennosuke

I finally went back into the game this week, haven't played it much since last year after the release. I had fun and I want to play it again. I have a weakness for snow maps in shooters, so my question is the "In the Name of Tsar" worth it? Will it be easy to find operations on PC? In the past I always felt like it was difficult to play all the addons in Battlefield games, because of the lack of a player-base.
Might be even worth to consider buying premium ...

I finally went back into the game this week, haven't played it much since last year after the release. I had fun and I want to play it again. I have a weakness for snow maps in shooters, so my question is the "In the Name of Tsar" worth it? Will it be easy to find operations on PC? In the past I always felt like it was difficult to play all the addons in Battlefield games, because of the lack of a player-base.

I love it. Best Battlefield DLC since BC2: Vietnam. Players depends on the region you're in. I'm in EU and have no problem finding games. And they added Operations to the server browser so now it's easier to find games.

Ennosuke

I love it. Best Battlefield DLC since BC2: Vietnam. Players depends on the region you're in. I'm in EU and have no problem finding games. And they added Operations to the server browser so now it's easier to find games.

Oh wow BC2: Vietnam was my favourite DLC ever! I am from the EU as well. Seems like I need to spend those 15 euros :)

rendition1.img.jpg

Info regarding the release of Turning Tides

I wonder if they'll add two extra maps like they did with the previous two DLCs.

Naval Strike (along with China Rising) was my favorite DLC from BF4 so I'm really looking forward to this.

Pastry

Banned

Yeah it’s pretty good DLC, most of the maps are good although I rarely ever play Albion so dunno about that one.

Fenzer

So.. only 1 operation in the next DLC ? That sucks...

Also I'm really disappointed by the remove of 40 players mode, can't focus with 64 players and low fps on PS4

They should throw the Vanilla Players a bone and give them a free map or two.

As a premium owner I'd be happy for everyone to get the maps after a 3-6 month delay.

Watched Jack Frags video on turning tides, conquest assault looked cool. What maps on BF2 used it? I think I only had the base game for it.

-Perform 25 headshots with the Mondragon Sniper
-Perform 25 headshots with the Automatico M1918 Storm
-Deal 200 damage with a repair tool to enemy vehicles.
-Perform 10 kills in Sea vehicles using single action rifles.
Out of all those challenges, these seem the most annoying to me. I mean sure, at least they're not asking you to kill 2 airplanes with LMG's or get 15 kills with Tripwire bomb. But they still are not fun in any way.

zeeaykay

Haven't played battlefield 1 in a while but thinking of jumping back in with premium being half off. What's the consensus on the health and support of the game? I thought I saw something about how they upset some people with changes to frag grenades.

WillyFive

Haven't played battlefield 1 in a while but thinking of jumping back in with premium being half off. What's the consensus on the health and support of the game? I thought I saw something about how they upset some people with changes to frag grenades.

The change to frag grenades were cancelled due to the backlash.

Game is healthy population-wise, and DICE is giving the game more support more frequently than they ever have.They are even splitting the next DLC into two parts so that players don't have to wait as long between new content drops, and even let players play an early untextured version of two upcoming maps on the Community Test Environment client.

Pastry

Banned
Oh yay, we’re back to more bullshit assignments that don’t make any sense.

200 damage with the wrench?
15 kills on swimming enemies?
15 kills of enemies in boats?

Blah that crap sucks. The tsar ones weren’t bad, these suck.

terrible

Banned
I prefer the wrench damage one to the repair assignment in the last DLC. I spent more time wrenching enemy tanks than repairing my own when I was trying to do that assignment last time since friendly tanks would just drive away as I tried to repair. Funny enough enemy tanks would just sit there as I damaged them.

The kills on swimming people will be a nightmare

Striker

The Carcano one is easy but one guy who made a video of it (Flakfire?) indicated it isn't very good. The Arisaka, on the other hand, seemed like a good Scout weapon. However, the assignment kind of sucks.

I don't think getting 15 kills for swimmers is all that hard but not every map has water like that. I get them pretty frequently in Fao Fortress. So, Operations and Conquest and patrol the water...

terrible

Banned
The Carcano one is easy but one guy who made a video of it (Flakfire?) indicated it isn't very good. The Arisaka, on the other hand, seemed like a good Scout weapon. However, the assignment kind of sucks.

I don't think getting 15 kills for swimmers is all that hard but not every map has water like that. I get them pretty frequently in Fao Fortress. So, Operations and Conquest and patrol the water...

The water thing just isn't something that happens during normal gameplay that much. It's an example of a poorly thought out assignment, something DICE really seems to struggle with. Ideally assignments would be based on things that people should already be doing while playing the objective. Having everyone camp around water waiting for fools to start swimming is boring even if more people will be swimming on these new maps.

I probably have less than a dozen swimmer kills over like 400+ hours. I imagine it's the same for a lot of people.

HariKari

The troll designer that comes up with those assignments being fired would be great. Any assignment should be a natural extension of the class, preferably one that emphasizes teamwork.

The troll designer that comes up with those assignments being fired would be great. Any assignment should be a natural extension of the class, preferably one that emphasizes teamwork.

you mean two kill assist ribbons and 10 kills are counterproductive because you actively stop shooting at enemies in the hopes of getting the assist?

RNG

Bought the DLC for half-price recently, anybody got any recommendations as to what DLC weapons I should focus on for each class?

Bought the DLC for half-price recently, anybody got any recommendations as to what DLC weapons I should focus on for each class?

In addition to what other people mention, the Ribeyrolls 1919 carbine is pretty good for assault and Chauchat has hits hard for support.

J_Viper

Battlefield 1 revolution is $30 on Psn store

This sale, plus a discount code I got from my PS4 Pro, has this coming out to $23 bucks, which means I should probably pick it up

It would probably look and run better on my PC than PS4, but console has about four times the players as PC, according to BF1 Stats, so I'll stick to console

This sale, plus a discount code I got from my PS4 Pro, has this coming out to $23 bucks, which means I should probably pick it up

It would probably look and run better on my PC than PS4, but console has about four times the players as PC, according to BF1 Stats, so I'll stick to console

Yeah thats a reason why I play more on PS4 now.

Orcus

Is anyone still active here? I was going to wait till the new forum has open registration before checking it out. Right now I'm lurking the bf1 subreddit.

Stainless

shameless necro bump for those of us that got this or the expansion during recent PSN sales-
I had the main game for a bit but I wasn't going to pay $50 for the DLC. Finally got it for $15 and I really enjoy some of the maps. If anyone here is still playing this on ps4 my psn ID is in my profile
I don't want to potentially break a rule by spamming it in forum

Have a safe New Year celebration everyone

Top Bottom