• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

CSX

Maybe you can explain to me why this guy is picking Kazuya

Strategically no clue. IIRC Kaz was the first mishima he learned after he destroyed everyone in his path with Bryan during T6 so maybe the character has a special place in his heart lol

Or hes more comfortable to play compared to other mishimas for his playstyle.

Dereck

lmao, Knee is an unorthodox player, turtles around with characters like Paul and Steve, sometimes he plays the entire roster like he would play any character, sidestep, space, turtle, poke, mid jab, poke, low, space, turtle.

But with anyone though

4OvN2Ys.gif

45fqCuV.gif

084.png

Dereck

I'm severely exaggerating since I made two gifs from like 10 seconds of a set but he does play a lot of characters similarly, besides Bryan

Uhh.... Question does... Eddy usually have a laser gun he can fire? Can that killed me... o.o
It's not just Eddy, it's an equippable customization item that anyone can wear and pull out. Akuma with a shotgun became a bit of a meme because of that reason.

glmbc6q7s7ky.jpg

Most if not all of the "ranged weaponry" can be ducked as well as sidestepped. It can definitely clip you at first but once you learn how to deal with it, it's actually WAY more risky than at first glance.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I really wish Knee would just stick with Bryan. Jimmy J has been reminding everyone why he's one of the most hype characters in the game, but he really needs fulltime dedication. Knee can't win by just random selecting the roster like Tag 2 and T6

AAK

You have to remember they're playing on PS4. You can't blame Knee for not picking Bryan in tournament considering his livelihood depends on the tournament result.

You have to remember they're playing on PS4. You can't blame Knee for not picking Bryan in tournament considering his livelihood depends on the tournament result.

What is this supposed to mean?

Because different players play characters differently. Go watch Qudans' Devil Jin & compare it to others. Dude is using moves other DJs never even think of using.

Different characters >>>>>>>>> different play styles.

lmao, Knee is an unorthodox player, turtles around with characters like Paul and Steve, sometimes he plays the entire roster like he would play any character, sidestep, space, turtle, poke, mid jab, poke, low, space, turtle.

But with anyone though

4OvN2Ys.gif

45fqCuV.gif

084.png

This is precisely why I have a limit for professional/competitive Tekken. If this topic ever gets a second OT, it should go into the first post.

sasuke_91

What is this supposed to mean?

PS4 has way higher input lag than PC and Bryan is a character that requires very precise inputs. Lots of just frame moves as well if you want to get the most out of this character.

This is precisely why I have a limit for professional/competitive Tekken. If this topic ever gets a second OT, it should go into the first post.

Steve is a very "in your face" character, so it's not the playstyle you usually see when you watch a Steve player. Not gonna lie, I love Knee's Steve. When he gets into the flow there's no stopping him.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Steve is a very "in your face" character, so it's not the playstyle you usually see when you watch a Steve player. Not gonna lie, I love Knee's Steve. When he gets into the flow there's no stopping him.

I love watching good Steve play, he's really hard to use well, but a nightmare if you don't know how to play against him.

Kind of a BS excuse at this point. Anyone who plays seriously uses the PS4 version. NAPS does it even on PS4. Qudans just won with DJ. No point in bitching cause it's never moving to pC. Just wait for the overhaul early next year.

BTW is anyone besides Sayah Red Rank or High Orange that wants to get sets sometime?

AAK

Qudans wins one tournament and the PS4 all of a sudden becomes a non-issue? Nah, I'll take vastly more consistent JDCR, Saint, and Knee's accounts on how F'd the PS4 is to force them into the characters and playstyles they're now honing into to win.

It's no different than how all the Capcom tournament players had to adapt their playstyles to SFV coming from USF4 because of the PS4 lag.

It's not just Eddy, it's an equippable customization item that anyone can wear and pull out. Akuma with a shotgun became a bit of a meme because of that reason.

glmbc6q7s7ky.jpg

Most if not all of the "ranged weaponry" can be ducked as well as sidestepped. It can definitely clip you at first but once you learn how to deal with it, it's actually WAY more risky than at first glance.

This is still one of my favorite images from Tekken 7.

I'm as pissed off rn as I've ever been with this game. Lost several clutch rounds to a Jin player in a row. Like from almost full HP to dead while he's on a few pixels. Jin's pressure game is so fucking annoying, it's like everything is +. I can't even punish with jabs. Jesus christ I'm pissed. Just want to vent. Scrubquote me bitch

Spuck-uk

Banned
I'm as pissed off rn as I've ever been with this game. Lost several clutch rounds to a Jin player in a row. Like from almost full HP to dead while he's on a few pixels. Jin's pressure game is so fucking annoying, it's like everything is +. I can't even punish with jabs. Jesus christ I'm pissed. Just want to vent. Scrubquote me bitch

Apart from his generic tools, I think only his axe kicks are plus on block, and they're linear and slow.

Not to say he isn't a strong character, but you probably just need to work on yur defensive options more.

Apart from his generic tools, I think only his axe kicks are plus on block, and they're linear and slow.

Not to say he isn't a strong character, but you probably just need to work on yur defensive options more.

I know, I have problems getting out of jab strings. When they just keep applying pressure with quick strings I try to jab out of it between strings because I don't know what else to do but oftenI get blown up

Spuck-uk

Banned
I know, I have problems getting out of jab strings. When they just keep applying pressure with quick strings I try to jab out of it between strings because I don't know what else to do but oftenI get blown up

Sidestep, backdash or duck. I struggled with that a lot at first as well.

I would only duck a Jin if he's at least a 1-2 character distance from you. He rarely sweep-launches you from point-blank range, but that's also the optimum distance for

But yes, against Jin, I find myself blocking...a lot.

Can his rage art be sidestepped? I know he can cancel it.

sasuke_91

I would only duck a Jin if he's at least a 1-2 character distance from you. He rarely sweep-launches you from point-blank range, but that's also the optimum distance for

But yes, against Jin, I find myself blocking...a lot.

Can his rage art be sidestepped? I know he can cancel it.

The third hit (the kick) can be ducked.

What is the input for Yoshimitsu's sword swing unblockable move? The one with the insane amount of active frames? I want to practice dealing with it in training but my PC version crashes whenever I enter the movelist for some reason. That and Flash ruin my day online but I figure there's only so much I can do about flash.

Speaking of online, when did everyone start hating the idea of deathmatches? I leave for like a month and a half and the only people that ever stay for more one game are the people that body my shit to and fro. It's hard enough finding people to play in low orange ranks and when I do they're almost always one and dones regardless of. Do most people just play with people on their friends list now?

The third hit (the kick) can be ducked.

TY.

I only death match with characters I don't play that much, or that well. Otherwise I'm playing non-ranked on PC.

I'm ashamed to admit that I am a rager. Since Tekken 7 has come out, I have broken my keyboard, my Mario mushroom that USED TO make the collector coin and one up sound effect, and I put a hole in the basement wall after throwing a shoe.

My Wife and Kids pray that when I play Tekken that I win because they are afraid of what I might do if I don't.

So...I play non-ranked where the games are zero pressure.

Yeah I prefer non-ranked for that reason as well. I can get some major rage playing ranked, but non-ranked? I aint give a fuck, I'll get bodied all day every day if it means I learn even one thing from the experience that I can apply later.

sasuke_91

Wow... I can rage quite hard as well, especially when I'm alone, but I never break anything.

On another note, I'm finally on PC as well. The difference in terms of input lag is insane!

Ranked was more upsetting when it was FT1 in Tag 2. You could really get hoed out in that game. No usually if the guy gets a lucky win he's dumb enough to rematch & you get a chance to adapt.

So should I be searching in player matches if I'm just looking for people to play? My ultimate goal was hitting orange ranks and I've done that so I'm playing pretty casually until Geese comes out. I don't mind skill disparities as long as there's a certain level of competence, I just want to get games in with as many people/characters as possible.

Kalentan

How do you fight Asuka? She goes into endless combos where she attacks up and down never giving you a chance to fight back unless she hits you against the wall. Not to mention half of her attacks seem instant. Unless you duck and kick it seems impossible to out hit her at the very start of the fight.

How do you fight Asuka? She goes into endless combos where she attacks up and down never giving you a chance to fight back unless she hits you against the wall. Not to mention half of her attacks seem instant. Unless you duck and kick it seems impossible to out hit her at the very start of the fight.

If you run into an Asuka that only spams her strings you can't do much unless you know where the lows are or where you can punish. I'm an Asuka main (but not very good, only Fighter rank) and I've had trouble myself the one time I fought an Asuka who did just that - pretty much just variations on the 2+3 strings. There's a lot of mid-low mixups in there. You can try power crush in between strings.

I have an input question - how do you do a ff move out of a run? And also a running move (fff) at or near point-blank range?

hit up training room and set the bot to play her strings and get used to them. One of her common strings for low poking goes high > low > high (cant remember her button presses at all), and you can duck even after taking damage from the low and punish. Play around with all her strings and find the gaps.

After learning to deal with that Asuka players will stop depending on them and instead backflip kick you to death.

Just run, neutral, ff. Unless you run so far it transitions into shoulder.

fff at point blank is ffF in ungodly input speed.

The input speed of the forwards isn't what's important for iWR, but the timing of the button press after the third forward. The closer you are to the opponent, the more precise it has to be. It's a just frame at point blank.

Also important to note for iWR, the button press cannot occur on the same frame as the third forward. That's when f+button or f,f+button actions happen.

Pygrus

Jack is such a garbage character. Visually uninteresting, both in design and movement. I really believe he harms the game's impression on viewers.

I will turn off a stream if there is a Jack mirror match. I'll even do it when it's not a mirror match, depends on who is playing.

He's always been the character I like the least in Tekken,

I love Jack, he's very fun to play.

But I'm also tired of seeing Jack (and Dragunov) in almost every grand finals.
I'm tired of seeing Dragunov online. Its been a struggle to learn characters like Asuka, Lili, Chloe, and other matchup intensive characters when I never fucking see them around the sea of Dragunovs.

There's a fair amount of Dragunovs online but I probably run into more Bryans and Mishimas (usually Kazuya or Jin). Lots of gimmicky Alisas too, who will continue to be the death of me until I just hunker down study all her windups so I can react and punish appropriately.

Alisa is another character who exploits a bunch of frames. And that hopkick of hers just puts the kibosh on any sidestepping. Feels like almost anything she has is either + frame or NCC.

Yeah, frustrating character to play against.

I love Jack, he's very fun to play.

But I'm also tired of seeing Jack (and Dragunov) in almost every grand finals.

Honestly, I typically run into the same handful of characters online over and over online and it's been that way since TTT2 unfortunately. Especially Laws who about 50% of the time have laggy connections who like to spam his safe moves over and over. Thankfully, I rarely run into Jacks online.

Jacks are rare in my games.

Today's session was CRAZY! I have not seen a Shaheen in *MONTHS*. I also ran into that Asuka I deathmatched the other day. Also a K-Bob.

Also played a Juggernaut-ranked King that I beat down like he's never played the game before. Must be one of those dudes who chain-throwed their way up the ranks. I ducked or broke everything. HA!

Kalentan

Any tips for against Yoshimitsu? Got my ass wrecked by him...

But also... I lost but got promoted? How does that work?

Edit: Also is it just me but on PS4 online do the community play less than half of the characters?

If I had to say it seems like the most played character is King and from my matches I can see why. A very Low Risk, High Reward character.

Rajang

I was talking about tournament play btw, not online.

But yea I also dont see many Jack players, I have yet to face one in ranked/player matches. Dragunov is everywhere though.

I was talking about tournament play btw, not online.

But yea I also dont see many Jack players, I have yet to face one in ranked/player matches. Dragunov is everywhere though.
I know, thats why in my followup I made sure to clarify online.

Dragunov is my online issue with being omnipresent. Jack barely exists from my experience as well, so same as you there.

Dragunov online is really annoying to fight I agree. Can't step anything with the lag, db+3 becomes almost unblockable. What makes it bearable is that they all play the same so it's easy to exploite their bad habits.

Any tips for against Yoshimitsu? Got my ass wrecked by him...

But also... I lost but got promoted? How does that work?

Edit: Also is it just me but on PS4 online do the community play less than half of the characters?

If I had to say it seems like the most played character is King and from my matches I can see why. A very Low Risk, High Reward character.

I get wrecked by every Yoshi I see. Rarest character in the game. Feels like playing against a brand new character.

Top Bottom