• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Gonna have to try and see how long it takes for me to "git gud" at Tekken, coming from Street Fighter.

So excited to try out Claudio and Katarina, both seem like such well made characters. A real breath of fresh-air coming from the weird playstyles
(that I liked)
in SFV.

sasuke_91

Aw snap that's far lol, I've seen from streams Tekken 7 has the best netcode so far in the series. I'll post my PSN when the game arrives ;-). Which character are you interested in learning?
I play Hwoarang, Steve and Xiaoyu. Interested in learning Shaheen when the game arrives.
I also play Jin, Lee and Leo and messed around with Mishimas in TTT2, but I never intended to get serious with them so I'll drop them in favor of Shaheen :p

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Fuck I missed the first page!

The wait is finally over, between the lore drops and learning Josie I couldn't be more hyped. Good job on picking the best title too.

SarusGray

I play Hwoarang, Steve and Xiaoyu. Interested in learning Shaheen when the game arrives.
I also play Jin, Lee and Leo and messed around with Mishimas in TTT2, but I never intended to get serious with them so I'll drop them in favor of Shaheen :p

I might give Josie a cry but god her crying annoys me so much Lmao. Oh damn Steve Fox has always been my worse match up as a Julia player, hoping Xiaoyu fixes that. I'm glad you don't main Kazuya or Heihachi, I was going to say...

FinKL

Want it, but backlog :(

What's the difference between buying the Day 1 Pre order tonight vs buying this next week?

I see the Pre order comes with :
PS4 Day 1 Edition Pre-Order Bonuses:
- Eliza Bonus DLC Character
- Exclusive PS4 Content - legacy costumes from TEKKEN 4 and TEKKEN 2 for King, Xiaoyu, and Jin
- Jukebox Mode

But I'm not sure what comes with the Digital Copy a week from now

Menome

Look, all I want to know, is if the Hori Fight Commander Fight Pad is practical for 3D fighters like Tekken. Or should I invest $20 more on a proper fight stick?

I've been using it on TTT2 and it works absolutely fine. Can't imagine it'll be much different on 7.

Want it, but backlog :(

What's the difference between buying the Day 1 Pre order tonight vs buying this next week?

I see the Pre order comes with :
PS4 Day 1 Edition Pre-Order Bonuses:
- Eliza Bonus DLC Character
- Exclusive PS4 Content - legacy costumes from TEKKEN 4 and TEKKEN 2 for King, Xiaoyu, and Jin
- Jukebox Mode

But I'm not sure what comes with the Digital Copy a week from now

Eliza is pre-order so she wouldn't be included next week

Demoskinos

Oh boy, I got some re-learning to do. Just tried playing Tekken Tag 2 for a bit and I forget everything I used to know! Then again its been like 4 years? Since TT2?

A-V-B

Wow, there's a decent amount of stuff that's PS4 only. That really sucks :(

Guess I'll hold off on the PC version until the price drops.

sasuke_91

I might give Josie a cry but god her crying annoys me so much Lmao. Oh damn Steve Fox has always been my worse match up as a Julia player, hoping Xiaoyu fixes that. I'm glad you don't main Kazuya or Heihachi, I was going to say...

Steve has great tools to get Xiaoyu out of AoP.
I only really played Mishimas to test my EWGF execution. Heihachi does look pretty good in this game though.

I have a Bryan to introduce to you ;) will you play with me ?

Oh, I can't wait to test Steve on you :p

DZ_b_EZ

I've been using it on TTT2 and it works absolutely fine. Can't imagine it'll be much different on 7.

Nice. I prefer to use a stick, a very flashy stick, but I realized I'm not that invested in fighting games anymore so probably better to just get a pad and it a generation.

EVO 2017 will be the first time I take Tekken seriously as I can finally play it on PC so I can practice now.

Gimme some Claduio guides so I don't go 0-2 pls.

Tekken 5 Intro Remix is seriously getting me hyped
9gzdcrm.gif

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
It'll be interesting to see how this progresses. I hope it doesn't take them too long to produce updates. Waiting for the game to strike the right balance between price and enticing content.

DKL

Quick, someone teach me all the setups for Death Fist :v

(like, I know if they think I'll throw it out and want to side step, I do back + whatever punch (triangle?) that was that tracks... but else lol)

Pour one out for the Roger family
(and Alex)
394Qm3p.gif

I still have Alisa, Bryan, and maybe Lars, but the roos have been my go-to fighters since Tag1.

B00TE

Jin and Lili are gonna be who I play the most probably, like every game since 5:DR. Looking at branching out quite a bit for this though, add Paul, King, Katarina, Miguel, Eddy and maybe Kazumi to the mix.

CSX

Some recognizable names in there; Poongko, LowHigh, ji3moonace/jizzmoonface, 200won, kurokuro, shudy , motherfucking qudans!

THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND has his own twitch channel??!!

Finally cuz his arcade matches never get recorded and uploaded on youtube !

Top Bottom