• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Phew. Made it past the first page. Damn.

RIP iPhone 6+

So. Is this where all the cool kids hang out?

Gimme 2 days after launch and I'll be ready to release these Tekken 3 Yoshimitsu strats on all you fools.

Naruto. Quote Me.
while this sounds like a sensible choice, I don't think it will happen.

The reason being: the 2 guest characters were already announced to be from different video game licenses, just like Akuma.

Naruto the character and IP are owned by Bandai Namco, so it's the same license. Plus...nobody wants him in this game.
I will lose my shit if it's Kazuma Kiryu.
oh yeah? no more mr. nice guy huh? ;)

while you lose your shit, I will lose everything. it will be the ultimate win for Yakuza fans.

like, everything makes sense about it. he's the most requested character, and so many things would make his transition perfect. his design suits Tekken, his fighting suits Tekken, the timing would be appropriate as well, since the first dlc will come out in winter, after Yakuza Kiwami and before Yakuza 6, so cross promotion would work out fine as well, and last but not least everyone wants to see Kazuya vs Kiryu.

Lars should have stayed there tbh.

YES! fixed

CSX

omg all these korean players streaming right now....none of their opponents are beginners. Know all their juggles, mixups, etc

How having an arcade release can help so much lol

bender

What time is it?
Kazuma Kiryu? I will buy the shit out of this game. I've only ever played TTT and that came with a handful of games when I bought my buddies launch PS2.

Planet

Weren't there already some Tekken installments presenting the end of the saga? How believable is it that there will never ever be a Tekken 8?

Story and fighting games don't mix so well...

BIGWORM

The cross-series music is only available on consoles, huh? Or just PS4? If that's the case, I'm gonna have to create a freakin' YouTube playlist of my favorite tracks. I still dig Battle Cry from Tag 2 (online menu).

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Weren't there already some Tekken installments presenting the end of the saga? How believable is it that there will never ever be a Tekken 8?

You can end the Mishima saga and start another conflict.

Lren

like, everything makes sense about it. he's the most requested character, and so many things would make his transition perfect. his design suits Tekken, his fighting suits Tekken, the timing would be appropriate as well, since the first dlc will come out in winter, after Yakuza Kiwami and before Yakuza 6, so cross promotion would work out fine as well, and last but not least everyone wants to see Kazuya vs Kiryu.

They've also already been together once in a cross over scenario in Project X Zone 2. Would love to see that happen.

It'll be the end of Mishima saga.

Tekken 8 will delve into the Manji clan and all of its mysteries and involvements.

cordy

Banned
Here's my custom Jukebox playlist. You all can copy this and switch the tracks out as you like. I did this the other day to make it easier.
Character Select - Are You Ready? (Character Select) (T2)
Dragon's Nest - Dragon's Nest "To Those Who Go To Heaven" (T5)
Dragon's Nest (Final Round) - Garden of the Tiger (T5DR)
Mishima Building - Same
Mishima Building (Final Round) - Same
Mishima Dojo - Same
Mishima Dojo - Same
Duomo Di Sirio - Old version
Duomo Di Sirio (Final Round) - Old version
Infinite Azure - Same
Infinite Azure (Final Round) - Same
Twilight Conflict - Same
Twilight Conflict (Final Round) - Same
Arctic Snowfall - Moonlight Wilderness (T5)
Arctic Snowfall (Final Round) - Snow Castle (T5DR)
Souq - Lei Wulong Arranged (T3)
Souq (Final Round) - Same
G. Corp Helipad Day - Dragon's Nest T7 (T7)
G. Corp Helipad Day (Final Round) - Dragon's Nest (Final Round) (T7)
G. Corp Helipad Night - Authentic Sky (T4)
G. Corp Helipad Night (Final Round) - Lightning Storm (T6)
Violet Systems - Same
Violet Systems (Final Round) - Same
Arena - The Strongest Iron Arena - Silver Mix - (TTT2)
Arena (Final Round) - Paul Phoenix Arranged (T3)
Geometric Plane - Same
Geometric Plane (Final Round) - Mystic Forest (T6)
Kinder Gym - Same
Kinder Gym (Final Round) - Same
Jungle Outpost - Same
Jungle Outpost (Final Round) - Same
Abandoned Temple - Same
Abandoned Temple (Final Round) - Same
Devil's Pit - Same
Devil's Pit (Final Round) - Same
Forgotten Realm - Bryan Fury (T3)
Forgotten Realm (Final Round) - Quiet Interim Report (T2)
Precipice of Fate - Same
Precipice of Fate (Final Round) - Same
Brimstone and Fire - Same
Brimstone and Fire (Final Round) - Same

Since there's at least 3 playlists from what I can see, I'm going to have a lot of fun customizing these things.

CSX

Is young Heihachi (as he's seen in the story mode), also an unlockable character/costume in the game?

if he's not unlockable, people in arcade version of game customized his hair and facial hair color to make him look like young heihachi and i believe you can do the same in the console version

sasuke_91

If Sasuke makes it in you realize you'll have to drop all other characters, right?~

Anyway, it's going to be 2B and Makoto Niijima because the universe is fair and compassionate.

I don't even like Sasuke. This nickname is the remnant of a long bygone time when I was a huge Naruto fan.
I guess I have to though...

I'm a little salty that Akuma has his fireball in Tekken. Projectile spam is something I don't want in my fighting games; if I did, I'd play Street Fighter. I know they put Akuma in to try to get SF fans to try Tekken, but it feels like a punishment for the rest of us.

HeelPower

I am so fucking tired of waiting.

The last few days have been agonizing...I thought it was gonna unlock earlier for digital preloads on PSN...It absolutely doesn't.

Literally struggling right now....People are playing it on my friend list too..

DKL

I'm a little salty that Akuma has his fireball in Tekken. Projectile spam is something I don't want in my fighting games; if I did, I'd play Street Fighter. I know they put Akuma in to try to get SF fans to try Tekken, but it feels like a punishment for the rest of us.

Actually, how strong is fireball in this game?

My impression is that you side step it, but is there something that actually makes it busted?

(like no recovery after throwing it out so they can still pressure you, etc. I don't know what the move does lol)

sasuke_91

Fireballs can be easily sidestepped. They'll be nothing more than a mild annoyance.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

I don't think spamming is much of an issue in this game, when you can easily side-step.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Pour one out for the Roger family
(and Alex)
394Qm3p.gif

I still have Alisa, Bryan, and maybe Lars, but the Roos have been my go-to fighters since Tag1.

Seriously. Anna fans have been the most vocal about her absence, but at least Nina uses a similar style. Same for Armor King. But there's no one in the game right now that plays like the Rogers, Changs/Wang, Lei, Ganryu, or Zafina.

I hope they consider that if they ever add more classic fighters.

Nuszka

Not gonna change many songs , but will swap the helipads , the night one will get the music of the brimstone and fire stage (that stage is getting heat haze!!!) the evening one will get hideaway track from story mode (the second part is the vanilla duomo di sirio music ) and forgotten realm will get the tracks from arcade fight with akuma. Wanna keep it all t7 for now.

Top Bottom