• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Letting people download the game before the servers are up...

There's just no way this game is going to work tonight, haha.

jonjonaug

I like Waver but I'm pretty sure the odds of getting the five star servant you want on your initial roll (given the limited number of 5 stars right now I suppose it'd be easier) is like 3-5 percent tops and I'm not that crazy. I'll just wait for a rate-up for him (which will be in like, over year or so I think lol).

It's interesting. I'm pretty sure I read early on that the gatcha for the Global version would differ from the Japanese release. I can't recall where I read that, but I seem to remember seeing that mention somewhere. If that's the case, it'll give us a much larger 5* pool to re-roll for, which would be nice. Although Waver is still a top-tier character, so if you pull him first it probably won't matter what else is in there (unless you go for waifu reasons).

Well if you're going for waifu reasons you'll be going after Caster Tamamo and she's not even that great. The same applies to Altera and Lancer Scathach.

Nero is good but not great, Saber Alter is insane and commonly regarded as being one of the two best 4-stars alongside Heracles, Liz is the best 4-star lancer and often comes close Scathach.

Atalanta has very fluffy ears and a fluffy tail but she's one of the worst 4-stars sadly. Her NP is more like a cute cat scratch as opposed to something that might actually kill enemies. Same with Stheno and Carmilla if you're into BDSM.

In terms of your husbandos, Gilgamesh is obviously brokenly OP and if he wasn't I would have uninstalled the game before I even played it. EMIYA starts out pretty weak but once you've leveled him up, the UBW grows into one of the better AoE NP's in the game though it will always be outclassed by Excalibur on Arturia and Excalibur Morgan on Alter. Chevalier D'eon and Siegfried are both unimpressive and dramatically outclassed by your other choices. I'm not sure whether to classify D'eon as waifu or husbando though, the actual historical figure was biologically a male who lived as a woman most of his life.

In terms of AoE NPs, Arturia and Alter have the best non-Berserker NPs in the game. This is canonically sound lol.

Speaking of the Berserkers, ORAORAORAORAORORAAAAA has the best NP in the game hands down but Heracles is not to be trifled with. Many a boss was taken down by Heracles in his day, because as we all know BERSERKER IS THE STRONGEST. Lancelot is the second best 4-star Berserker and you won't be crying into your breakfast bowl of crest worms if you get him instead of Heracles.

sensui-tomo

Well if you're going for waifu reasons you'll be going after Caster Tamamo and she's not even that great. The same applies to Altera and Lancer Scathach.

Nero is good but not great, Saber Alter is insane and commonly regarded as being one of the two best 4-stars alongside Heracles, Liz is the best 4-star lancer and often comes close Scathach.

Atalanta has very fluffy ears and a fluffy tail but she's one of the worst 4-stars sadly. Her NP is more like a cute cat scratch as opposed to something that might actually kill enemies. Same with Stheno and Carmilla if you're into BDSM.

In terms of your husbandos, Gilgamesh is obviously brokenly OP and if he wasn't I would have uninstalled the game before I even played it. EMIYA starts out pretty weak but once you've leveled him up, the UBW grows into one of the better AoE NP's in the game though it will always be outclassed by Excalibur on Arturia and Excalibur Morgan on Alter.

In terms of AoE NPs, Arturia and Alter have the best non-Berserker NPs in the game. This is canonically sound lol.

Speaking of the Berserkers, ORAORAORAORAORORAAAAA has the best NP in the game hands down but Heracles is not to be trifled with. Many a boss was taken down by Heracles in his day, because as we all know BERSERKER IS THE STRONGEST. Lancelot is the second best 4-star Berserker and you won't be crying into your breakfast bowl of crest worms if you get him instead of Heracles.

latest

zulux21

"Fate/grand order is not playable under your playing environment. Please contact us via email then we will give you information about the data migration to the sender's email address."

guess I will give it more time o_O

jonjonaug

I'm actually shocked that 12 AM EST meant 12 AM EST

100% DL but I have a lightning connection and got in right at the gotime, hopefully it doesn't crash

GAME IS UP
GOODBYE WALLET
(Not really, I know better.)

Remember that you can go into Options and trigger a download of the game's entire files. This will make it much easier to play when the servers are unstable.

"Fate/grand order is not playable under your playing environment. Please contact us via email then we will give you information about the data migration to the sender's email address."

guess I will give it more time o_O

You are rooted or otherwise meet one of the many criteria to be blocked from playing the game.

Huh, they changed a lot of animations since I played the game awhile ago in JP region.

Excaliblast now has the pillar of light at the end of the animation.

ReaperXL7

Out of curiosity is there a Manga that's worth checking out for the series? I know there is Fate anime but I've been trying to find some Manga to dip my toes into as I've never really given much Manga a fair shake so if Fate is a good one I'll give it a shot.

Currently have Jojo, Assassination Classroom, Ubel Blatt, and Tiger and Bunny as some series that I decided to try after I got some recommendations.

It's so weird being able to read the tutorial story after all these years. The funny thing is because of the anime one-shot OVA "Fate/Grand Order - First Order" I already know this story and saw it fully animated. You guys can watch that if you feel like, it's actually pretty decent and it's cool seeing this tutorial story bit that way.

Makki

I came in not knowing anything about the JP version... it looks really dated, and the cards are not very detailed. The battle "tutorial" left me guessing and the animations are pretty sloppy except for Saber doing some pillar of light shit (which used background effects to look cool anyway, not Saber herself)

I can't play something this old looking, GACHAs gotta have pretty cards for me to want to play.

Arabesque

I'm noticing that the NA version has a lot of changes that were introduced after the original JP's launch.

Yeah, they mentioned they would be starting with one of the more recent versions from the Japanese app as basis for the English one.

Looking at it, it looks like one of the December 2016 versions.

Out of curiosity is there a Manga that's worth checking out for the series? I know there is Fate anime but I've been trying to find some Manga to dip my toes into as I've never really given much Manga a fair shake so if Fate is a good one I'll give it a shot.

Currently have Jojo, Assassination Classroom, Ubel Blatt, and Tiger and Bunny as some series that I decided to try after I got some recommendations.

For Fate/series in general or Fate/Grand Order?

For the Fate/series, there is the Heaven's Feel manga and the Apocrypha manga currently ongoing. Strange Fake as well, but that's seasonal from what I recall.

For Grand Order, it's mostly anthologies and one offs.

Hubb

What are craft essences?

Edit: Or I guess the better question is, what is the difference between craft essences and servants. I got 2 4 star craft essences on my free roll. Not sure if that is good, or if you only want 4 star servants.

Stider

Have started with only 4*Emiya but have 2 5* essences, kaleidoscope and limited/zero over. Are they worth keeping over servants?

Uthred

So you do your first free pull, then you get the 42 from the login campaign, do a 10 and 4 singles and if you dont like what you got re-roll then?

Arabesque

What are craft essences?

Edit: Or I guess the better question is, what is the difference between craft essences and servants. I got 2 4 star craft essences on my free roll. Not sure if that is good, or if you only want 4 star servants.

Craft essences are, essentially, equipment you equip to your servants to give them bonus attack/hp, and an additional effect that benefits you in battle.

Depending on the 4 star craft essences, they can be pretty good. Which ones did you get?

So which is the roll you're supposed to reroll on? the initial 10 pull, that happens during the tutorial?

You can reroll after the initial 10 pull if you didn't get anything you didn't like there, or after completing the prologue is what I recommend, since it gives you access to the story locked servant.

So, uh, how do I reroll? Uninstall and redownload?

For iOS, yes.

Have started with only 4*Emiya but have 2 5* essences, kaleidoscope and limited/zero over. Are they worth keeping over servants?

Kaleidoscope is absolutely worth it to keep.

jonjonaug

So you do your first free pull, then you get the 42 from the login campaign, do a 10 and 4 singles and if you dont like what you got re-roll then?

P much

Is there a list of super worthwhile items/essences you can get from rolls that make up for lack of a decent servant in them?

I got a Martha, but I've also got a Cu and Robin.

No need for rerolls, I've got this. Also, spending quartz on the story summon gacha is a terrible thing, don't do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom