• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Vashetti

Banned
Weapon enhancements

DMa9rsuVQAAiZ4G.jpg:orig
https://twitter.com/shalymonster/status/920631741974396928

Pejo

I just can't muster any enthusiasm for a variant of the main story characters. Easy skip for me.

This is kinda where I am. Not to mention "exclusive" TMs suck ass at this stage in the game. I wish they at least satisfied these stupid story mission "use x story character, or character skill in this mission" requirements.

Rixa

Those QoL changes sound nice too, hope we don't have to wait too long.

Letsee:

QoL said:
1. Able to accumulate EXP on units (?)
2. Increase item slots by 50
3. Filter units by Lv MAX / Lv Not-MAX
4. Easier to differentiate between +1/+2 Enh
5. View Turn Count
6. View Enemy % HP
7. RESET button changed to RELOAD
8. Re-assigns abilities from previous turns.

1. Need more info
2. Kinda same, I have room
3. Too late / kinda worthless
4. Kinda useless, one prolly knows what one has not made to ench +2.
5. We have it already, JP is super late. How about showing skill / ability counts?
6. We have it already, JP is super late.
7. How about getting skill layouts instead these minor QoL's
8. Should be from previous battles / usages

Idk. Nothing major for Global player since we already have % & turn count. Obviously nr. one can be nice. But yeah hopefully we get better QoL than this - what we already have.

Alkez

I only just finished the S1 story today. Was wondering if there was going to be an
Awakened Rain
, and then I go to my JP account and it's happened haha. So weird.

4. Kinda useless, one prolly knows what one has not made to ench +2.

I would disagree with this because I don't know what people on my friends list have done, and I've gone into battles with units that had +1 instead of +2.

Syntsui

Item slots is extremely important since I suppose they are considering equipment slots. It's the one QoL change the game needs every 6 months because of all the junk they throw at us every event.

robotuw

Goodbye free pulls. You got me a Kamui and a Silvia so you weren't all bad this time.

I've got the bug that hides most of my announcements. I assume there's maintenance at the usual time today?

Syntsui

Got two Silvias so I can't really complain about these free dailies. It will always be frustrating when we don't get rainbows from it though.

The free pulls were awful for me. The "highlight" was Refia, if that's any indication.

Although I did manage to pull 4 Celes in 5 days, which has gotta' be about as rare as pulling a rainbow. Except... you know... without getting a rainbow.

Vashetti

Banned
Got two Silvias so I can't really complain about these free dailies. It will always be frustrating when we don't get rainbows from it though.

I still can't believe I pulled insta-Rainbow Onion Knight on one of those Free Summon banners that shouldn't have been there, and was pulled before most people saw it. Shaly congratulated me on my luck on Twitter.

Xevren

I got shit for my free dailies unfortunately. As opposed to my brother on this stint got Tidus, Olive, and today Ayaka. A bit jealous....yeaaahhhh.

evangd007

I got a Gouken and a Libertus from the free pulls, so they were not as bad as usual. I got a 4* that I will never level and some bonus %.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Lol, I just got 7000 hairpins from a single elt run due to double nyx and two bonus floors.

Beat Sheratan hard today. Took me two tries as I guess I busted through two thresholds at around the 30-10% health and she did some Leaf thing that did like 10k+ to everyone even though I had full buffs and Wilhelm's LB up as well as her being broken. /shrug. 2nd time I made sure to keep her from going 20-10 and wrecked her and even got the fabled Esper kill in there. All missions. Feelsgoodman. Ayaka is happy.

vato_loco

Nice to know some of you are having luck with pulls. I'm on day 7 of bullshit pulls already. Nothing but 3* fodder. I got yet another Libertus (I think it was my 12th one) and some other unit that only went to 4* and had crap TM. It's been like that since I got my Ayaka...

robotuw

I looked it up after seeing it mentioned on Reddit. Maintenance is at 9 pacific time tonight. Two hours earlier than usual. Heads up if you didn't get the announcement like me.

Muku

Sigh. My alt... This event is ruthless. Two Libertus at best and I had to pull hard for those. Can't get more it seems. Can't get bonus enemies to even help. I dunno. Maybe I'll skip 6* mats this round. Maybe get 10% Moogle and Cactaur. I only just now got the Hood. ;_;

I just used 4 tickets out of 14 I have. 10 from this event. 1 was daily and 3 others from the candy crap.

Lenna
Gold -> Setzer
Gold -> Helena
Freya

*throws hands in air*

I hate bonus units.

robotuw

I pulled 3 sylvias and merged them all into one Sorcery. Did i stuff up?

Yes if you have multiple Fryevia, otherwise no not really. Sorcery is desired because it has a large magic value and triggers the condition for Letters and Arms. The main magic users that can equip swords are Fryevia, ExDeath, Ashe, and Trance Terra. All of them but Fryevia can also equip rods so just use Sorcery + Rod if you're running a L&A build. Fry is stuck with swords though so her TM takes up one slot and then you are limited to Enhancer or Sorcery (an 80 mag difference) for the other. So I guess if you wanted to run two L&A TT builds and didn't have Fryevia you would also want more than one. The uses are pretty niche.

Muku

What the fuck are they doing to this game? Ugh.

Two connection errors in a row. Now I keep getting "Insufficent Energy" error. 45 NRG to run something that costs 25. Plz Gumi. Lrn2Math

robotuw

I can connect to the game still but actions are taking a long time to connect. Sounds like maintenance may be coming early this week.

Andvary

I got a Rainbow from my free summons, sadly it was a dupe (Rem), the day after I got another dupe from an EX ticket (Ace). My Guaranteed 5* ticket was Marie, So I've got 3 dupes in a row.

vato_loco

I got a Rainbow from my free summons, sadly it was a dupe (Rem), the day after I got another dupe from an EX ticket (Ace). My Guaranteed 5* ticket was Marie, So I've got 3 dupes in a row.
I feel you. Pulls can be infuriating in this game.

Quick question: do the ailments I inflict on enemies stack? Like, say, I do a Full Break (reduce ATK, DEF, MAG and SPR) and also a Liberating Flash (reduce DEF and SPR), am I doubly reducing DEF and SPR, or am I wasting a unit that should be attacking instead?

Xevren

I feel you. Pulls can be infuriating in this game.

Quick question: do the ailments I inflict on enemies stack? Like, say, I do a Full Break (reduce ATK, DEF, MAG and SPR) and also a Liberating Flash (reduce DEF and SPR), am I doubly reducing DEF and SPR, or am I wasting a unit that should be attacking instead?

Don't stack, highest value takes priority. (think that's how it works)

vato_loco

Don't stack, highest value takes priority. (think that's how it works)
Yep, highest value. Same for buffs.

Ran two full energy bars of the black cryst chamber for Emperor and TT!
Cool. Time to rethink my strategies against bosses, then.

I just finished the second fight against
Sol
. Three things to notice:

1. It was indeed way easier, as you mentioned.
2. I went with an A2, which the boss was 100% resistant to all attacks, so I actually defeated her with my very own units. I'm damn proud, too.
3. It's incredible how much of a difference a single tank unit can do. I swapped Agrias with WoL and I'm sure I would've died a lot if he wasn't in the team.

Kouriozan

My Emperor is ready for his enhancement, hope I get another Vanille soon because I guess it's what will make me miss that 1000 MAG stat.

Supposed TT BIS:

Trance Terra 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Mateus's Malice +19ATK+129MAG+10%HP
Left Hand: Mateus's Malice +19ATK+129MAG+10%HP
Head: Trick Hat +35MAG/SPR+15%MP
Body: Dark Robe +35DEF+55MAG+20SPR+30%Dark
Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Accessory 2: Ice Rosetta +50DEF+50MAG+25%Ice
Ability 1: Rod Mastery +50%MAG w/ Rod
Ability 2: Adventurer-5 +40%ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR
Ability 3: Dark Bond +30%MAGw/Rod +20%MAGw/Robe
Ability 4: Sworn Six's Pride Light +20%HP+40%MAG+ReducedTargetChance
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 26 DEF: 26 MAG: 34 SPR: 26
Esper: Tetra Sylphid HP:4250 MP:5550 ATK:2700 DEF:2035 MAG:6300 SPR:3560
Total Stats: HP: 6139 MP: 418 ATK: 291 DEF: 309 MAG: 1197 SPR: 386
Crit Rate: 10% P. Evasion: 30% M. Evasion: 0% P. Counter: 0% M. Counter: 0%

Not a single L&A. I'm missing Dark Bond, it's at 50%. No Sworn Six's Pride but can replace with something else, currently have Adv 4 and will replace it with something else. No Ice Rosetta but will replace with Japla Mala. I can probably reach ~1100 mag and 5k, maybe 6k hp lol. Fucking beast!

Broseybrose

I just finished Season One.

Man that was awesome.

I cannot wait for Season Two to start!

Probably gonna use my moogle on Proud Fencer, but If I pull a Crowe before the banner ends, Ill use it on her.

Syntsui

Supposed TT BIS:

Trance Terra 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Mateus's Malice +19ATK+129MAG+10%HP
Left Hand: Mateus's Malice +19ATK+129MAG+10%HP
Head: Trick Hat +35MAG/SPR+15%MP
Body: Dark Robe +35DEF+55MAG+20SPR+30%Dark
Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Accessory 2: Ice Rosetta +50DEF+50MAG+25%Ice
Ability 1: Rod Mastery +50%MAG w/ Rod
Ability 2: Adventurer-5 +40%ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR
Ability 3: Dark Bond +30%MAGw/Rod +20%MAGw/Robe
Ability 4: Sworn Six's Pride Light +20%HP+40%MAG+ReducedTargetChance
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 26 DEF: 26 MAG: 34 SPR: 26
Esper: Tetra Sylphid HP:4250 MP:5550 ATK:2700 DEF:2035 MAG:6300 SPR:3560
Total Stats: HP: 6139 MP: 418 ATK: 291 DEF: 309 MAG: 1197 SPR: 386
Crit Rate: 10% P. Evasion: 30% M. Evasion: 0% P. Counter: 0% M. Counter: 0%

Not a single L&A. I'm missing Dark Bond, it's at 50%. No Sworn Six's Pride but can replace with something else, currently have Adv 4 and will replace it with something else. No Ice Rosetta but will replace with Japla Mala. I can probably reach ~1100 mag and 5k, maybe 6k hp lol. Fucking beast!
Magistral Crest > Ice Rosetta. Specially because you need as much SPR as possible for the Blood Moon. DEF is useless.

Muku

Trying to remember what the Gilgamesh strat was a while back. Was it someone here sharing an evade unit? Haha. Probably.

[JP] Worked on doing a few trials today. Went and realized I never tackled the White Dragon up to dinosaur. Then went and tackled first few trials themselves. Enhancer was a good pickup. Up to Gilgamesh right now, but trying to remember what I did for that in GL. Took him down fairly far in one round, but not enough. Well did skip the plant for now. Not sure I really have patience for it. And Thorned Mace I don't feel like is something I need/want right now. Gilga stuff I do want though. All of it.

Dark Beasts is take out Siren first if I recall right? Want stuff from that too if I can manage it.

Trying to figure out a good team to roll with for these trials that need tank and healer, since up to this point I just ROFL-1-shot-stomped stuff.

Healer: Refia
Tank: Wilhelm (but have WoL maxed too)

As for damage I've got Agrias, Sephiroth, Fayt, Onion Knight, Raegan, Camile, Sakura, Tidus, and another one or two I'm sure I'm missing atm.

robotuw

Trying to remember what the Gilgamesh strat was a while back. Was it someone here sharing an evade unit? Haha. Probably.

100% evade unit with death protection and a light weapon can't lose. I can put up an A2 that fits the bill if you want. If you're going legit, lock his elements down and have the tank provoke on his thresholds. Pod and/or Rikku should make him a piece of cake at this point.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I always wondered why people called the main units from the second season CG...saw some videos on Youtube....i get it now. lol

Thats pretty awesome..are those units the only one that will get the CG treatment or can we expect regular FF characters to have them as well down the line ?

Love the idea of making those story units Top Tier gacha pulls.

linkent

I always wondered why people called the main units from the second season CG...saw some videos on Youtube....i get it now. lol

Thats pretty awesome..are those units the only one that will get the CG treatment or can we expect regular FF characters to have them as well down the line ?

Love the idea of making those story units Top Tier gacha pulls.
So far only BE characters got it.
Maybe Squall first one to get it? Can only wish >.<

https://imgur.com/a/ot3mQ
Halloween units skill looking good.
Must get both 4*.

Top Bottom