• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. realized i was at the top of last OT's wall of shame and didn't even make this one. i have a feeling i'll be on the next.

2. did someone say they need convincing to pull? You let me know and I got you.

3. feel like we should start an actual cross-game guild or something. I love this group.

Alkez

[JP] I've picked up almost everything from the mog king. Is it worth me picking up the 2 event exclusive gear? The accessory seems worth it but the clothing doesn't. Am I missing something?

Ah yeah I heard about this. I may do it in like 2 weeks. Should get a good amount of SP from Tempest Trials.

TT and Mog King tomorrow. No work is getting done...

I honestly think they will nerf this. Do it now. I'm doing this now at work lmao, TM'ing on hold. FFBE will probably be on hold tonight so I can get ready for the new Tempest Trials tomorrow .

Wazzy

Banned
Yesssssss I finally pulled Noctis!!!! I got him on the free pull today. It was a blue to yellow to rainbow.

Now to boost that bad boy up. To think I spent so much Lapia previously chasing him.

Lyrian

SYP thread is very dangerously biased against Zblaaaaarg.

It's going to be Ling all over again.

... but Rikku offers better phys mitigaton
... but Fryevia does hybrid damage better
... but there are no current weapons to maximize his damage output
... but enhanced Ramza is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER, so 60% buffs sux

They never, ever learn...

Lyrian

Yesssssss I finally pulled Noctis!!!! I got him on the free pull today. It was a blue to yellow to rainbow.

Now to boost that bad boy up. To think I spent so much Lapia previously chasing him.

Grats on the Noctis!

I'm going to do one 11 pull on the new banner tonight. I mainly want bonus units as I just have 2 vaans at the moment. Will post results.

Takuan

Got dangit, I still can't play :(

Missing free pulls and shit. I reached out to Gumi after reading a reddit thread about a guy getting his FFBE account unlinked from a locked FB account, but Gumi's initial response is negative. I responded earlier today; hopefully they reconsider.

Gumi pls T-T

Muku

Got dangit, I still can't play :(

Missing free pulls and shit. I reached out to Gumi after reading a reddit thread about a guy getting his FFBE account unlinked from a locked FB account, but Gumi's initial response is negative. I responded earlier today; hopefully they reconsider.

Gumi pls T-T

This is why linking to god damn social media is the worst fucking idea ever. Who the shit even thought this crap up? Also, because they don't tell you being logged in to anything already on your tablet, phone, etc THROUGH ANY OTHER MEANS, means it links to that one. Accidentally linked it to someone elses? Your SOL.

Their customer service is the worst ever as well. When I asked if I could accidentally unlink the BS account attached to my actual FB account they go "no" multiple times and I just let that thread die. Worst idea ever coupled with worst customer service ever. Yeah, this is why I'm not interested into putting money into FFBE. Nothing beyond the 99 cents I put in for April Fools day.

While not the magical best thing ever, JP method is better. Just. Better.

Syntsui

So what's the consensus on the new guy in the 12 banner?

Fantastic.

Straight up unkillable with 100% PHY evade builds, 40% all element buffs, 60% AoE all stats + ailments resist (no virus nor stone), Full heal + 50%MP heal (keeping TIlith and Rikku always in good position to do their stuff), very powerful MAG finisher (that will be hindered by not so good MAG gear available, but his role is not that anyway).

There will be quite a few useful builds for him that will suit a lot of team compositions. Personally, I think he is the best exclusive unit by far.

Congrats! I'm still Noctless and went in hard on his banner when he came out. I keep hoping that he will pop up randomly at some point.

Kettch

SYP thread is very dangerously biased against Zblaaaaarg.

It's going to be Ling all over again.

... but Rikku offers better phys mitigaton
... but Fryevia does hybrid damage better
... but there are no current weapons to maximize his damage output
... but enhanced Ramza is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER, so 60% buffs sux

They never, ever learn...

Eh, the most important difference is having 1/9th the pull rate. Ling was totally worth blowing some tickets, Zarg is not worth blowing hundreds of dollars.

Takuan

This is why linking to god damn social media is the worst fucking idea ever. Who the shit even thought this crap up? Also, because they don't tell you being logged in to anything already on your tablet, phone, etc THROUGH ANY OTHER MEANS, means it links to that one. Accidentally linked it to someone elses? Your SOL.

Their customer service is the worst ever as well. When I asked if I could accidentally unlink the BS account attached to my actual FB account they go "no" multiple times and I just let that thread die. Worst idea ever coupled with worst customer service ever. Yeah, this is why I'm not interested into putting money into FFBE. Nothing beyond the 99 cents I put in for April Fools day.

Well that doesn't fill me with much hope. Dammit, I was told this would be easy if I could prove I'd made lapis purchases.

Alkez

Completely with you. The first response I got from the customer service was don't log multiple tickets. I responded saying don't take a week to let people know you're looking into it. Ridiculous. I feel like I would have had an easier time talking to Alim's JP customer service despite not knowing any Japanese whatsoever lol.

Broseybrose

Linking my FFBE account to FB is the only real problem I have with this game at the moment. The BEST change they could make for GL players would be to break that link and give us unique logins. I would actually consider putting some more money into the game if they did that, but as it is I am very, very apprehensive.

Have we as players put enough pressure on Gumi to make this change? Is there anything more we can do? They have to know we HATE the current FB linked system.

So who all is hard pulling for a Zargarbonzo bean tomorrow?

I might drop a few tickets because I want his TM, but I'm trying to be strict with my F2P resources. Don't like going under 10k and 40 tickets really which I'm barely over. I don't really know why, just maybe as a precautionary should anything as important as Rikku come out again.

Speaking of which, are any of the banner characters must haves? I've seen people mention Ashe being good but dunno if she's a game changer level character.

Syntsui

I might drop a few tickets because I want his TM, but I'm trying to be strict with my F2P resources. Don't like going under 10k and 40 tickets really which I'm barely over. I don't really know why, just maybe as a precautionary should anything as important as Rikku come out again.

Speaking of which, are any of the banner characters must haves? I've seen people mention Ashe being good but dunno if she's a game changer level character.

Ashe is good, Rasler is bad, both have great TMs. Both are great chainers so better character can finish stuff. You could technically make Ashe batshit insane with a very unrealistic build full of not so popular TMs though.

Wazzy

Banned
I wasn't even paying attention that there was XII event. I guess with the release both RK and this want to p[promote.
Congrats! I'm still Noctless and went in hard on his banner when he came out. I keep hoping that he will pop up randomly at some point.

Hopefully you pull him. Maybe you'll get lucky and get him on a free pull :D

didn't you land Tidus and Rikku and Orlandeau??

Tidus and Rikku, yes. But not Orlandu. I'm still missing a viable chaining unit.

I consider myself lucky in terms of rainbows, don't get me wrong, but Tidus is really my first "uber" rainbow unit I've pulled. On the plus side, I've pulled almost every useful gold to date, so I can't really complain.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Tidus and Rikku, yes. But not Orlandu. I'm still missing a viable chaining unit.

I consider myself lucky in terms of rainbows, don't get me wrong, but Tidus is really my first "uber" rainbow unit I've pulled. On the plus side, I've pulled almost every useful gold to date, so I can't really complain.

I'm just proud of you for making it the last 6 months without Noctis!

I just realized I still haven't pulled that alchemist dude. Ilias? What the hell Gumi.

i guess i don't understand the problem with the FB-linked system. 3 billion people are on Facebook.

Because if you somehow lose your account, or Facebook decides to shut it down you lose your FFBE account with it. While the system isn't that bad the fact that they won't let you switch it to a different account, and your FFBE account simply goes bye bye if anything happens to the FB account is stupid. It needs to have an alternative way to backup your account.

I've somehow managed to pull 4 of him. Want one?

Si!

Muku

Linking my FFBE account to FB is the only real problem I have with this game at the moment. The BEST change they could make for GL players would be to break that link and give us unique logins. I would actually consider putting some more money into the game if they did that, but as it is I am very, very apprehensive.

Have we as players put enough pressure on Gumi to make this change? Is there anything more we can do? They have to know we HATE the current FB linked system.

Yes, yes, yes, yes!

I would totally take individual log-ins as well. I dunno how it would work if you want to reroll before starting. Maybe setting up an account with Gumi, and not linking it with that until ready? Either way, I'd be more interested in spending a little here and there, plankton level of course since not rolling in it, but I would consider it. I have to log in to my fake FB account once in a while to do actual piddly shit just so it doesn't get deactivated. Also means I stay logged into it on my iPad rather than actually being able to check my real one. Ugh.

I have been wanting to fight this awful crap system forever. I absolutely hate it. And they're "we can't unlink" bullcrap customer service, with no FAQ or help on not getting you screwed to attaching your stuff... ugh. Whole thing is just a flaming dumpster fire.

i guess i don't understand the problem with the FB-linked system. 3 billion people are on Facebook.

Some people who made dummy accounts made mistakes and linked the wrong account. If their correct account is unlinked and their phone is stolen, wiped accidentally, etc. they may be shit out of luck and lose hundreds or thousands of dollars spent on FFBE if gumi decides to say fuck off and not restore their account.

Valentus

Im still not convinced for zargarbanzo, i mean ramza will buff and heal hp mp better. The damage mitigation is nice though. He is a weird unit.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Some people who made dummy accounts made mistakes and linked the wrong account. If their correct account is unlinked and their phone is stolen, wiped accidentally, etc. they may be shit out of luck and lose hundreds or thousands of dollars spent on FFBE if gumi decides to say fuck off and not restore their account.

that's the problem with making dummy accounts, right? i know it's too late NOW, but what's so hard about just having an FB account? i can't even count how many logins I have that are tied to FB at this point.

Not to be that guy, but is it really Facebook or Gumi's fault if people rerolled and worked around the system instead of playing "by the rules" and created a bunch of dummy accounts that ended up in wrong links going on?

I mean... I would be upset too if something I spent significant money on suddenly didn't work, but ultimately if you game the system, you always run the risk of losing the game, don't you?

tuffymon

Not to be that guy, but is it really Facebook or Gumi's fault if people rerolled and worked around the system instead of playing "by the rules" and created a bunch of dummy accounts that ended up in wrong links going on?

I mean... I would be upset too if something I spent significant money on suddenly didn't work, but ultimately if you game the system, you always run the risk of losing the game, don't you?

Just remember one thing, the method for Jp and Global is different, and if it was the way Jp had it, we wouldn't have any issues whatsoever since it's code based.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
that's kinda what I was getting at. I know it's an actual problem but if Facebook and its 3 billion users aren't good enough, not sure what is or will be from a programming perspective.

How slim are the chances they'll bring in Balthier on the 2nd week? I should wait on pulling for Ashe to see if a miracle happens.

Syntsui

Some people just don't like Facebook or don't want to be part of it or don't want to give them their information etc. They are a very low minority but they exist. Even disregarding all of this, if anything happens with our Facebook account, be it a hack attack or a ban for whatever the reason we are fucked.

that's the problem with making dummy accounts, right? i know it's too late NOW, but what's so hard about just having an FB account? i can't even count how many logins I have that are tied to FB at this point.

My problem is my main FB account was locked to a reroll account by accident back on launch day. I was just going through the reroll motions and used my real account instead of the dummy one I made for rerolls. I have since changed all the information in the dummy one to my real info just in case, but I don't use it for anything other than logging in once a week and liking some shit so it shows activity. All I want is to be able to swap to my main account. That's it, and it shouldn't even be an issue. Soooooo since Gumi is ignorant to these sort of things give us a login/password on the actual game as well. Keep the Facebook shit for all I care, but an alternative should be present with how easy it is to lose your FB account.

Top Bottom