• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT2| From Smallfry to FlyFish in 5 Easy Steps!

Yes skipped the game because of how it looked after watching only a few videos lol did not even try out the splat test on Wii U while owning one at the time. Thought it looked pretty bad looks and gameplay wise and a bit too kiddie for my tastes (at that time).

2 years later played the Splatoon 2 splat test and was like okay this was awesome i was obviously wrong.

Then i bought 1 for 20 bucks played through the story and lots of turf war after and then yeah i became a Splatoon fanatic, bought all amiibo and even want a tattoo now:p

I still find it hilarious myself too:p i think the only videos i watched were the E3 ones back then, never looked up anything Splatoon related after that. Guess i was in my edgy end teen years (19-20 at the time)
This could have been my darkest timeline. I had the same initial reaction but I tried the Testsplat and feel in love with 1. Glad to see you join the crew of fanatics... also agreed on a tattoo :3

clearestblue

Neo Member
So, I'm going to give up and try to use motion controls since I watched a video from a guy saying that it is the single most important strategy in this game and you won't get past C rank without it.

Any tips? Or just dive in and keep with it?

I don't use motion controls and I got all the way to S in rainmaker *shrug*

DaBoss

Thinking of changing the OT subtitle to "Aerosprays aren't OP"
So, I'm going to give up and try to use motion controls since I watched a video from a guy saying that it is the single most important strategy in this game and you won't get past C rank without it.

Any tips? Or just dive in and keep with it?
Yea, just keep trying it till you find a sensitivity that works for you.
I dont understand how it determines who wins in the tower match (outside of KO obviously).
Whichever teams pushed the tower more (indicated by the icon/line at the top of the screen).

Tendo

I have lost 7 matches in a row in turf war. First place each time. My teammates either D.C. Or camp or won't leave the base. I'm so frustrated with this game. Same thing happened Friday night. Loss after loss to incompetent teammates or dcs. I think I'm done with this game.

Easier than the first games OT
cOMxgrx.png

<_<

ChrisD

what is that 4th weapon in the next salmon run? is it a sniper? &#128530;
does every session must have at least one of a charger or sniper?

what the point of even trying when it has both

Chargers are great for Salmon Run. As are Splatlings (as well as the Mini variety). The former can take out Steelheads easier than any other along with providing ranged support, the latter is a wonderful clearing tool that also SHREDS Stingers.

Of course they both do more than just those things, but that's what I really like them for

DrArchon

If anyone doesn't have enough tickets from Salmon Run (I can imagine why you wouldn't but still), you can get 50% up tickets from beating a single player stage with every weapon.

Pretty pointless with how Salmon Run throws out drink tickets and 100% up tickets like candy, but still. I guess it's nice of them.

ChrisD

If anyone doesn't have enough tickets from Salmon Run (I can imagine why you wouldn't but still), you can get 50% up tickets from beating a single player stage with every weapon.

Pretty pointless with how Salmon Run throws out drink tickets and 100% up tickets like candy, but still. I guess it's nice of them.

Wish the EXP tickets would like... Reduce the amount of wins you need for a Super Sea Snail after level 50. By next year, all the non-casual players are going to be max level with 99 XP Up food tickets just because of Salmon Run lol.

13ruce

Banned
This could have been my darkest timeline. I had the same initial reaction but I tried the Testsplat and feel in love with 1. Glad to see you join the crew of fanatics... also agreed on a tattoo :3

I still kinda regret it now missed al those awesome splatfests, but i will make sure to don't miss any of em in Splatoon 2.

And about that tattoo it's gonna be my avatar (placement on my back on top) already have a appointment in early 2018 for it. Only thing different is maybe some back ground or some sort of smoke effect around em, otherwise it looks like a sticker put on my back.

Feltrol

Banned
Is the Splat Brella Underpowered? I've barely seen it on the battlefield and I easily defeat the ones that are using it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So I finally beat story mode just now, and the final boss lived up to my expectations, I loved it

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I feel like with a bit more practice and gear grinding I can maybe give ranked a try. I played one round and shamed my ancestors. I gotta be able to bring my A-game!

Omg when will they finally nerf aerospray who else agree with me

it does not need a nerf its very solid Beginners weapon but its easily outclassed by other weapons and aerospray players that dont know what there doing are very easy to splat.

Is the Splat Brella Underpowered? I've barely seen it on the battlefield and I easily defeat the ones that are using it.

Ive seen it like once, but it was during splatzones and its shield ability basically stopped the other team from taking the zone.

Doorman

Underpowered? No, but it can be pretty tricky to use and use effectively. It's not a weapon well-designed to run into an area alone and claim turf or kill opponents, it operates best when you have someone backing you up, which might make it a little difficult to use solo in groups of ranked randoms.

After getting sick of farting around with the weapons I like or want to like and failing miserably, I finally said "fuck it" and went back to the original Splattershot. Ugh this consistency and ttk is disgusting to me after coming off stuff like the .96 Gal and Flingza.

random25

I don't think aerospray needs a nerf. It's basically the same weapon in Splatoon 1 with just different kits. It was my main weapon before, and I can tell you it's not really that powerful even in the current version of Splatoon 2. There's just lack of roller users nowadays, and those things destroy aero users.

I find that Pearl's story is a little bit sad. In the scroll she broke things by singing in her childhood. During map intro Mariana said Pearl broke statues in the academy map by singing. Those are the reasons Pearl can only rap in Splatoon 2 even though she wants to sing.

I don't think aerospray needs a nerf. It's basically the same weapon in Splatoon 1 with just different kits. It was my main weapon before, and I can tell you it's not really that powerful even in the current version of Splatoon 2. There's just lack of roller users nowadays, and those things destroy aero users.

Seriously though. I fell off of splatoon 1 pretty early on, but back then I would only use the aerospray and get annihilated by rollers. Now I'm doing pretty well with the aerospray. I mostly try to stay out of combat and focus on covering space with my ink. Once I get my special is when I generally fuck everyone up lol.

Doorman

Seriously though. I fell off of splatoon 1 pretty early on, but back then I would only use the aerospray and get annihilated by rollers. Now I'm doing pretty well with the aerospray. I mostly try to stay out of combat and focus on covering space with my ink. Once I get my special is when I generally fuck everyone up lol.

The reason you see less of that hard counter is because rollers as a whole class are borderline-broken now with the changes they made to the range of their flicks and damage calculations. Kill-range for them across the board is a lot less consistent now, with the Splat Roller perhaps being the least effective. Carbon is in an impossible spot of having barely any range for the ink-flick itself, but if you're too close and your swing hits the enemy directly, you'll actually bounce away from them after dealing some moderate damage. They can't counter Aerospray as reliably now because there are times you can do everything right but still not secure the splat. This is also partly why the Octobrush is also so prevalent right now.

Aerospray is actually the one weapon that doesn't need a nerf. All brushes and buckets and rollers do. They have no business out ranging a gun.

Aerospray is actually the one weapon that doesn't need a nerf. All brushes and buckets and rollers do. They have no business out ranging a gun.
Rollers are serviceable at best. Just because you don't think a paint roller should logically outrange some paint guns doesn't mean it's not balanced, especially when the rollers are having such a hard time doing anything right now. Splat and Krack-On are the only ones that really work atm, and even then you'll have to frequently outplay your opponent just to survive.

Regular slosher is also fine, and anyone who thinks the Inkbrush needs a nerf is crazy - that thing has practically no range. You might have a point with the Octobrush, but I need to see more of it; I don't quite think it's OP atm.

Dragoshi1

Sometimes I seem to land a good thwack with the Splat Roller, and it doesn't even faze the person I hit.

I like to use curling bombs to get paths out, flank people on objective modes, but landing a death blow is tough half the time, because my hits either fail to register, or do glancing baby damage.

So it ain't just me then? Good to know. Brushes beating duali squelchers is nuts
...they don't. Dualie Squelchers beat the Octobrush's range by over 50%.
More damage?
The Dapples are good at turfing, but unless you're flanking your opponent, you'll get murdered before you're in range unless you outplay your opponent. They can be good, but it's not as easy as other weapons. I do prefer them to standard Dualies, though.

...they don't. Dualie Squelchers beat the Octobrush's range by over 50%.

The Dapples are good at turfing, but unless you're flanking your opponent, you'll get murdered before you're in range unless you outplay your opponent. They can be good, but it's not as easy as other weapons. I do prefer them to standard Dualies, though.

So theyre very much like aerospray?

Regiruler

I've barely played any single player but like 35 hours of multiplayer.

Fix this.

That reminds me: is Dynamo still in the game?

On the subject of dynamo, I remember its first introduction saying it could nullify attacks, but I've NEVER seen it do that in the original game. Did it ever have that property?

Biske

Any other Dualie users never bother with the dodging stuff?

I end up in a lot of one on ones and almost always I still get them. You can be dodging.. but you are no longer shooting, so I can just shoot you when you stop.

Not as extreme. They're turfing ability comes more from how they just zoom all over the place then raw ink output, but I'd take Dapples over an Aero in a fight any day. The Aero does have a lower skill floor, though.

What is the dapple's kit? I've been looking to move on from my aerospray into other stuff.

What is the dapple's kit? I've been looking to move on from my aerospray into other stuff.
Beakons and Suction Bomb Launcher. Doesn't really do it any favors getting in on an opponent. If you're switching from an Aero, though, the biggest thing you'll notice in combat is the much better TTK; while the Aero has a pretty lackluster TTK for a short-ranged weapon, the Dapples feel like a delete button once you're in range, even more so after a roll.

Yeah but every time it comes down to it I lose to the brush
Then you need to work on your spacing. Alternatively, if you're having trouble utilizing the Dualie Squelchers' range, you could switch to a shorter range gun that deals more damage.

Beakons and Suction Bomb Launcher. Doesn't really do it any favors getting in on an opponent. If you're switching from an Aero, though, the biggest thing you'll notice in combat is the much better TTK; while the Aero has a pretty lackluster TTK for a short-ranged weapon, the Dapples feel like a delete button once you're in range, even more so after a roll.

Beakons sound less than ideal, but for ranked that sounds like a decent enough set up. I might try that out. I tried the N'Zap 85 as an aerospray replacement but it felt off. I might need to play around with that more in ranked.

Top Bottom