• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |OT3| "That sounds like the GameTrailers guy!"

I think I will give monster hunter another try. These monster hunter world trailers look great. I never stuck with the game on previous attempts and I always felt a bit bad at killing the monsters since they seemed to be not hurting anyone (early stages). But maybe this next one I'll break through the barrier. Also it should be easier to do multiplayer which I never did with my previous MH attempts and that seemed to raise the enjoyment for Ben

CyReN

With the new OT and title, I hope I'm not the only one but for the longest time I figured Jones voice was some-kind of Microsoft Sam voice system they used when they inputted scripts for reviews and videos. Didn't really watch the on-camera stuff until later and then it clicked. So yea..

ilium

I think I will give monster hunter another try. These monster hunter world trailers look great. I never stuck with the game on previous attempts and I always felt a bit bad at killing the monsters since they seemed to be not hurting anyone (early stages). But maybe this next one I'll break through the barrier. Also it should be easier to do multiplayer which I never did with my previous MH attempts and that seemed to raise the enjoyment for Ben

Yeah, I tend to feel terrible chasing down a monster that limps away, except after an agonizing battle against Rajang, fuck that thing.
Even tho most hunts are ''This one particular monster is going wild, we have to stop it before someone gets hurt'', it's rarely explored or shown just how devestating these monsters can be to the local population. In the new Monster Hunter Stories you see how one Nargacuga basically levels a complete village in seconds. I hope MHW will show more of that to contextualize the hunts better, cause honestly, especially in multiplayer (which is the heart and soul of MH), Monster Hunter quickly becomes Monster Slaughter :|

Mikey Jr.

Subbing.

As for my question in the last OT, I really hope they record the pax panel, not stream it since that seems out of their wheelhouse according to Kyle.

Oh god, Huber's argument in favour of Jinder Mahal is the worst. Jinder "earned it" because he was a jobber for years? What? It's not like he did jobs for charity, he was paid to play that role. The way you should "earn" the world title is by getting good. Jinder never did that, he sucks and in spite of that, was gifted a role he's incapable of filling.

Nakamura, on the other hand, "earned it" the moment he stepped foot in the WWE as one of the best wrestlers in the world (albeit nowhere near as good as he used to be). He worked for years and years to not only get as good as he is but to develop the personality he has (because seriously, he used to be boring as hell). If you want to argue he was rushed into a title shot then that's a completely different argument, one that has nothing to do with him and everything to do with WWE's awful booking.

sora87

Oh god, Huber's argument in favour of Jinder Mahal is the worst. Jinder "earned it" because he was a jobber for years? What? It's not like he did jobs for charity, he was paid to play that role. The way you should "earn" the world title is by getting good. Jinder never did that, he sucks and in spite of that, was gifted a role he's incapable of filling.

Definitely, Jinder is a terribly boring wrestler who's just been pushed because of the wwe network launching in India.

Auctopus

Listen to the words, not the score. To be honest, I'm just glad we're not having the discussion as to why one GOTY this year got 9.4 and another got 9.2 and why.

Bahorel

Question for the group, what does your current queue look like?

I have a huge backlog but the top of my queue is:

-finish Nier Automata
-finish Catherine
-Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
-give Assassins Creed 3 another attempt (I'm so behind in AC series)

dickroach

I'm also working on Catherine
+ Bayonetta
+ Persona 4 Gold
gave up on Re:Chain of Memories. I'm just gonna skip ahead to KH2

oh, and I started Battlefield 1 cuz its on EAAcess. it's so not my style, but it's good so far. I'll probably play thru the whole campaign.
+ Thumper (PSVR)

abrack08

-finish Nier Automata
-finish Catherine

I finished chapter 1 of Yakuza 0 and played about 30 minutes of Cosmic Star Heroine recently, so those are the two I'm working on now but they're going to be severely set back when Madden 18 and Everybody's Golf come out.

Also on the docket:
- Finish FF XII Zodiac Age (kinda lost interest 25 hours in but I want to beat it)
- Replay KH 1, 2 and BBS on PS4
- Trails in the Sky SC (stopped like 20 hours in)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 (bought on launch, never played)
- Telltale Batman Season 1 (Episodes 2-5)
- Both Shovel Knight DLC campaigns
- Some great Wii U games I missed (Bayonetta 2, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Wonderful 101)

Plus I really wanna play some classic RPGs I missed like Xenogears, Suikoden 2, Wild Arms, etc.

I'm never gonna come close to having played all the games I want to play :(

Rockk

- Near entering the end game of my XCOM The Long War campaign. Of course Base Assualts take like 3-4 hours so it's not going to be anytime soon that I finish it.
- Got quite a few Doom Wads lined up. The Given and Moonblood are both at the top. I've gotta try and finish Sunlust although these last levels have been a real doozy.
- Age of Empires 2 HD edition. Going to finish up the remaining campaigns. They've gotten significantly better over time!
- Bought Pain Killer Black Edition the previous steam sale. I haven't played it since release so I'm interested in how it holds up.
- Daikatana is also on the list in the near future. Really interested in the 1.4 patch since it apparently addresses many issues with the game. Haven't played this since it first release either.
- Breath of the Wild is a thing that I should probably start at some point but I don't know if I'll get to it before the end of the year.

That's about it. Not too many pressing games to play when you have really specific taste.

- Persona 5 (I'm at 52 hours)
- Horizon (It's borrowed from a friend, so I have to play concurrently)
- Nioh (Pre-ordered but I didn't play much...)

Afterwards I don't have much of a queue but some options: Ratchet and Clank, Bloodborne, Final Fantasy VII, Witcher 1, MGSV, Ni no Kuni.

I'm at a game buying lockdown, not buying anything unless I plan on playing it immediately.... so I bought Sonic Mania... on PC. Still waiting for that.

Budi

-finish Nier Automata
-finish Catherine
Quite actively playing Lawbreakers and Heroes of the Storm so they keep me away from Hollow Knight, 80 Days and Deus Ex MD DLC: The Criminal Past. Also my second playthrough of XCOM 2 is still unfinished, never completed the game with the DLC. I've tried though. I've had Oxenfree installed for a long time but never booted it up. Dishonored 2 I've had from last christmas, only played the first level or so. And then there's Vanquish, but I'm not sure if I'm going to continue it. I didn't really like it that much. And Lawbreakers takes care of shooters for me right now. And when my friend has the time, we will hopefully continue our Divinity: OS run. I have 420 games on Steam, never played half of them. So there's some catching up. It's just that these damn multiplayer games take all my gaming time.

Edit: Nice job with the OT! Glad that I didn't embarrass myself with my first post in this OT too.

1. Sonic Mania (PS4)
2. Until Dawn (PS4)
3. Tales of the Borderlands (PS4)
4. Rime (PS4)
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)

Make sure to get all that done before Destiny 2 launches. I'll sneak in a couple other games once all that is done.

Aters

Haha. I have to agree with Kyle about P5D. God that was embarrassing. Could not finish the trailer, and I love P5.

I generally only play one game or two games at a time, so don't really have much of a queue:

- Kingdom Hearts (PS3) - I actually just finished it on easy in ~8 hours with default equipment and no continues. It was insanely easy, especially once I realised they give you a bunch of stat boosting items automatically on easy. Now I just need to wrap everything up, including the very lengthy grind for synthesis materials.
- Psycho Pass: Mandatory Happiness (Vita) - I just finished the first anime series a few weeks back, so I've been slowly making my way through this on my commute.
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Episode 1 (PS4)

After that, there's a big PSN sale going on at the moment, so I was thinking I might buy Little Nightmares as well as one or both of Minecraft: Story Mode and Walking Dead: Michonne. Once I've cleared those, I guess I'll jump back into another long game, whether it's Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories or something else, like Final Fantasy X.

Basically, we'll see how I feel once I finish my current slate.

grimmiq

-finish Nier Automata
-finish Catherine

I've been distracted by FFXIV and BoTW recently, but beat BoTW and got to the point where I'm just farming tomes in FFXIV, so master mode/farming is filler for me at the moment.

- The Last Guardian
- FFXII HD
- Finish Witcher 3 (Played it twice on PS4, rebought it on PC after upgrading, been meaning to play through it again near max/60fps)
- Dragon's Dogma

Zeroro

I can't sense that much goofiness of it.

It's a little bit goofy but I don't think it's really intended that way? I mean, they have Persona musical concerts, this game kinda ties into it.

Exactly. It's more about the music than anything else, especially since they've foregone even doing a story mode this time around.

Even when it did have a story mode with P4D, you were still dancing as Nanako to a vocalized version of the Junes theme.

Axass

-finish Nier Automata
-finish Catherine

Just bought a PS4 so:

- 100% Rime
- Finish Tearaway
- Playing more Gwent and Let It Die
- Trying more demos
- Playing Dead Rising (the original) on steam

Then I've got Horizon and Gravity Rush Remastered on queue and I'm still a little more than halfway in BotW (more than 100 hours already).

-finish Nier Automata
-finish Catherine

Like yourself I have a huge backlog so I'll only list games that I intend on playing/finishing up until Destiny 2 launch as I feel that will take up most of my gaming time for the remainder of the year.

PS4: Uncharted TLL, Everybody's Golf and Yakuza Kiwami.
Xbox 1: Titanfall 2 thru EA access
Switch: Severed

ShadyK54

-finish Nier Automata
-finish Catherine

Just looking at my PS4 home screen gives me anxiety, tbh.

At the top of my priority list are:

- Nier Automata
- Yakuza 0
- Danganronpa 1-2 Reload

Also, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (when it's out).

Buying 5 more games due to the current sale on PSN isn't helping me much either lol.

Servbot24

Banned

-finish Nier Automata
-finish Catherine

Oy... in order of priority:

- Persona 5
- Zelda Breath of the Wild
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- Nier Automata
- Sonic Mania
- Final Fantasy XV
- Resident Evil VII
- Gravity Rush 2

Those are the ones I really want to complete, there are plenty of other unbeaten games on the shelf of course

Lexad

Have Pyre and Hellblade right now. Want to do Uncharted and then Destiny 2 will consume my gaming time for awhile.

Thanks for this and a superb job like always...

But mannn, Kyle just kills me. BvW was one of the things I looked forward to most in my week and it's such a downer that it is on indefinite hiatus/over. It also was a bummer that he basically decided on an arbitrary one-year endpoint late in to his run that made those last streams less jokey and more frantic as he now had a set time to beat Wozniak thus resulting in him being extremely frustrated and wanting it to end. Bosman basically hating to stream Tetris by the end and much less importantly, ending so close to the high score was such a dark way to end something that was so hilarious and light hearted for the vast majority of the time.

The weirdly and shockingly sad endings to BvW and Final Bosman (OBVIOUSLY not his doing on this one) just make me miss them both more. No more 'bits' and no more of Kyle bringing his very unique perspective to the stupid things that are always happening in the gaming world. It ain't right.

With that said, REALLY looking forward to Box Peek.

farisr

This is my retail games queue. There are a few titles I own digitally that I need to get through as well.
Persona 5
Yakuza 0
Horizon Zero Dawn
Nier Automata
Gravity Rush 2
Crash 2 & 3
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Ratchet & Clank

Soon these titles will be joining for sure:
Yakuza Kiwami
Knack 2
Destiny 2

Oh and I forgot, Uncharted TLL I already have incoming due to buying the triple pack earlier. So that too.

Oh and probably everybody's golf.

After that second week of September though, my purchases are done for the year except for maybe Forza 7.

Edit: Oh wait, I have a switch on the way as well thanks to a killer trade in deal for old controllers, so add Zelda and Mario Odyssey to the list. LOL. This year man... Definitely one of the greats.

-finish Nier Automata
-finish Catherine

I'm didn't want to burn myself on a certain genres so after completing a game I wanna play something radically different. I'm also trying to get some of the games that will be talked about during eza game of the year talk, I don't wanna be spoiled so I definitely want to complete them.

June: Evil Within (Complete) finally completed this game and in time for the sequel.
July: Horizon - Zero Dawn (Complete & Platinum'd) One of the must plays this year.
August: Senran Kagura - Estival Versus (Currently going for the platinum) I wanted a complete change of pace so I decided to plat this silly game. pretty easy plat too.
And after that Uncharted: The Lost Legacy before September hits.
September: Finish Persona 5 & Start HellBlade. These are must plays for the year.
October: Gonna be a packed month. I would like to start Nier Automata and get as far as I can before Evil Within 2 on the 13th, then Mario on the 27th.
November Probably anything I didn't finish in October.

Anticol

Banned

My list makes me cry so I wont post it or I will get stress. I am just gonna say, I havent finish zelda or nioh, havent even started nier automata gravity rush 2 or prey. And I just listed 5 games of the 10 I bought from the first half not even gonna mention the ones I am planning on buying or already bought fron the secobd half.

Bahorel

So I pushed myself to finish Nier Automata tonight, it's done and behind me now, one off the list already.

But dear god I thought I was gonna lose it in the Soul Box.... oh man. Asking you to be good at like the tiny hacking games in order to finish Route C, without any way to alleviate the difficulty, or save in between...that was CRUEL. I was this close to going nuts, but I did it. Anyone else here have a bad time when the hacking got tough?

Man, I'd really like to see Kyle do a weekly Dreams stream when it finally comes out. I mean, his next Friday stream plans already include game making. This way he'll be able to just freeflow create and even do it in VR occasionally.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

-finish Nier Automata
-finish Catherine

Yakuza Kiwami, Trails of Cold Steel III, Tokyo Xanadu Ex+, Ys 8.
Are the major big things that are next for me, I gave up on a couple titles like lost legacy even if they're short. Hope if I get through all of these I can maybe snag Berseria or Gravity Rush 2 somewhere for cheap.

At this point most of my backlog games are things I seems to not feel like playing anyway at this moment so it's whatever. Most stuff I bought this year though I got through a good number of them with plats too cause I liked them that much to do them.

UrbanRats

Playing Horizon now.
Combat seems pretty fun so far, and the game is beautiful.

The potato world and narrow FOV bother me though.
I also shouldn't be wasting time with videogames.

Top Bottom