• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Shun

Ncv4h83.png

aSiZq7D.png

Developer: Intelligent Systems; DeNA; Nintendo
Genre: Strategy RPG
Platforms: iOS App Store; Google Play
Release: February 2nd All Regions
Price: Free with In-App Purchases
Requirements: iOS 8 and up; Android w/2GB RAM.
146.png

SPw6MU6.png

In the far reaches of the Outrealms, the two nations, The Kingdom of Aske and the Emblia Empire fight in order to uphold their ideals and protect their sovereignty.
The MyUnits of Fire Emblem Heroes, Alfonse and Sharon, summon assistance from legendary heroes of Fire Emblem from across the gate to form a band alliance called the Vice Brave.
Alongside these heroes, you are set to defend Aske from invasion and conquest by Veronica of Emblia and her own band of heroes.

o7BplqT.png

Alfonse (CV. Suzuki Tatsuhisa)
1ONtz9A.png

Prince of Aske; Specializes in Red (Swords)

Sharon (CV. Maaya Uchida)
1xesJxk.png

Princess of Aske; Specializes in Blue (Lances)

Anna (CV. Saori Seto)
tRJFqFs.png

Extradimensional Shopkeeper who finds herself in Aske as their Commander; Specializes in Green (Axes)

Veronica (CV. Rina Hidaka)
1WQvoPy.png

Princess of Emblia who manipulates Heroes she summons to invade Aske.

Mysterious Man (CV. Shinichiro Miki)
UHmmxAF.png

He's hot. That's pretty much all we know.

Marx
88da1a12d677b961f71c9ec720856883.jpg

HOT OLDER BROTHER ON A HORSE

Reinhart
show

BLUE MAGIC HORSE

Minerva
show

ANGRY GREEN DRAGON

And all the other heroes that can you can potentially bribe to join the Vice Brave.
170119fehm02.jpg

PVyOkuT.png

Alongside the Vice Brave, you will be traversing map working to rout the Emblia forces all in strategy RPG style.
c6448e43988a41c8a58db7d356b4058d.jpg

Like in past games, you can choose between a Normal, Hard, and Lunatic difficulty map to attempt and use your tactics to traverse the battlefield and attack the enemy. The missions will be subjected to a Stamina cost, and you will be able to attempt more by waiting or spending Prisma Orbs to go and battle again right away.

When choosing to attack an enemy or when being attacked, you will be subjected to the weapon triangle, to see whether your unit is at a disadvantage or not.

09qLm8j.png
1CIZTLM.png

Follow the colors and you will be okay.

Each character will also have their own unique set of stats, support skills, passive skills, and a unique ougi that will activate over a set number of turns.

For those who are busy on their commute, an auto-mode is also implemented so that an AI can move for you.

At the moment, there is just AI PvP. Actual PvP will be considered to be added at a later date.

Like most other smartphone games, there will be events to maintain player base and interest. These will be announced over time.

Tower of Training and Arena can be used to go gain experience and level up your units.

ARENA
Your AI PVP where you go fight AI units. We recommend that you do it with a party of Lv. 40 and at Lunatic, and prioritize getting a full 7 win streak.

If you can't, then getting a full 7 win streak is more important.

You get FEATHERS for scoring at least 4,000 points, ranking, and for defending.

GAUNTLET

A rigged popularity tournament where you can choose your vote and battle with who your favorite character of the pool is and hope they win for rewards.

99QrrvM.png

Here you can go and review a summary of all the heroes in your possession
C3q4BRXVYAAWvMn.jpg

From here you can adjust your party composition, learn skills, equip skills, level up, promote units, merge units, and delete units.

4099ad11be7dc3829ba6adcb3f393602.jpg
3acea16182a49c61f2fe85fe0a27283a.jpg

2* Upgrade: 20 Feathers
3* Upgrade: 200 Feathers
4* Upgrade: 2,000 Feathers
5* Upgrade: 20,000 Feathers

By partaking in story maps and missions, you will be able to collect insignias and feathers that can be used to limit break and upgrade your Heroes' rarity and stats. You can also do this through stacking multiple copies of the same Hero.

You can also gain feathers by deleting characters you don't want.

As you level up and upgrade your units, they will unlock new skills to help you in battle.

You can get a total of 6,000 feathers from missions this month from doing 140 total arena battles + 40 on hard + 20 on lunatic. It sounds like a lot, but over the span of 20 days it's not that bad.

You get 60 free reset swords over that span. And each mission tier gives you 10 swords, so another 90 battles on top of that if you spend it.

On top of that, you can get feathers from ranking.

So if you're able to hit the top 1,000 or 5,000 rank each week, you can get a total of at least 5,600 feathers each week you rank that high.

So combine that all, you can get at least 22,400 feathers each month if you try and put effort into it. Granted you need to win consistently, and you may need to spend orbs. But spending orbs to do this is a more than worth it investment if you're not strong enough.

That's pretty fair, Nintendo's learning how to run a smartphone game and listening at least.
Basically at Lv40, every character has a total base stat total and average stat total for all their stats.

For example a typical Ryoma's average stats is this
HP/AT/SP/DF/RS
41/50/35/27/20

At Lv40 you will always hit a majority of those stats and will always add up to his base stat total of 173.

However, some units have different stat parameters that alter 2 or more stats. But your stat totals will always hit their total.

My Ryoma is a +3 Speed/+1 Res/-4 Def unit.
41/50/38/24/21

His base stat total is still 173, it's just distributed differently. Most characters will have a +3/-3 distribution for two stats, or a neutral nature. In other rare cases, you might have a +4/-4 or have variations in multiple stats like +2/+2/-2/-2 in 4 stats.

You will always hit your base stat total though at Level 40 despite the stat variations.

The great thing about merging is that on top of extra SP, you can boost your maximum base stat total. Every +1 character you merge into another, your character gains +1 to 2 of their stats.

Every merge would bring their total base stat total up by 2. If you merge 10 characters, you get a total base stat increase of 20, and +4 to every single one of your stats including your nature.

So for example, my Ryoma if I merged my spare one into him his stats would be

42/50/39/23/21

He would gain +1 HP and +1 Speed, and his base stat total would be 175 instead of 173. He would also have a Lv40+1 next to his name to show that he was merged.

If her were to get a +10, his stats would total up to 183, and would look like this

45/54/42/27/25

That's a huge increase and devastate any kind of traditional check or counter to him because of the raw increase in stats.

However getting 10 duplicates of a single character is ridiculously hard because of draw rates and only whales do it.

It's really important to merge characters to reach a base stat total increase, but that increase is usually only noticeable after the +4 mark or so. A +1 helps in very close stat situations, but aren't you aren't going to dunk anyone anytime soon.

So merging is useful, at a certain point. Other times it's just as useful to run two duplicate characters on the same team. My double Ryoma team is really good because of that.

So my advice stands, hold onto them instead of reducing right away. Don't merge unless you legitimately have no need for them. Feathers aren't difficult to come by if you can rank every week.

NATURAL SELECTION SKILL INHERITANCE
As of March 13, we are now able to go sacrifice our formerly useless characters and use their dead remains to feed any other hero of YOUR CHOOSING.

How it works is through Skill Inheritance option, where you can sacrifice a unit into another and let them inherit up to 3 SKILLS that are learnable and passable at their respective star rank.

As such, some skills will be locked out and unable to pass down because they are only available to 5 star characters.

Some skills are also nonpassable, such as unique weapons, class specific skills and weapons (red/blue/green), and type specific skills, (Ward Fighter).

Dragon skills are all interchangeable.

FztpdG2.png

1484796177.jpg

5970fb999909400d8a2e17fe37e5d58c.jpg

You can earn Prisma Orbs to go spend and go bribe heroes from other worlds to join your cause.
You can spend real life ¥¥¥¥¥ and $$$$$ to go bribe even more heroes if you choose to do so.

For every consecutive gacha draw, the orb requirement goes down

First Time: 5 Orbs
Second, Third, Fourth Times: 4 Orbs
5th Time: 3 Orbs

Resources Guides, Optimization, and Rerolling?

Stat Calculator
Fire Emblem Heroes Discord
Quote to see Friend ID Google Doc.
https://fireemblem.gamewith.jp/
Damage and Combat Calculator
Some Wiki.
FEH Twitter

kswiston

New thread!

Can you add in some of the resource pages for the game, including the battle simulator?

The community is a lot more mature than it was when OT2 started, so that should be in there I think.

Dezner

New Topic! :eek:

Archer Lyn here I come!

Lancina, I'm gunning for you next! (Well, let me finish failing to get Bikorrin first, though.) :p

Busaiku

So this will be the first time Ike and Lyn are in a voting gauntlet.
Lyn has to deal with 3 previous winners, and Ike has some scrubs.

kewlmyc

Ike and Lyn are stupid good. Hope to get both.

I like how Ike is just a "fuck you Horse and Flier Emblem" character.

Also, can we stop with event exclusive classes please (mage fliers, bow horses).

All hail Lyn. The future is here ya'll

Can Lyn OHKO Ike.
RIP In Pieces.

She could if she had a brave bow and kept her B skill. Actually his weapon reduces subsequent attacks from the second onward by 80%. Lets say Lyn has 50 attack and this Ike is slower and tankier than the regular one (35 def). First hit does 15 then 3, 3 and throw in a Luna because why not. Normally that hit would do 32 damage but since it's reduced by 80% it goes down to 6.

So in total, Ike would get hit for 27 damage lmao

Ondore

OP should show the rate of 3 and 4 stars swapped and mention the first free pull per banner, though that should probably get fixed soon.

Also, if there's a god I can pray to that'll get me all of the CYL units and Hector, let me know. I'm between jobs right now so the only way I'm getting them all is divine intervention.

Busaiku

All hail Lyn. The future is here ya'll

She could if she had a brave bow and kept her B skill. Actually his weapon reduces subsequent attacks from the second onward by 80%. Lets say Lyn has 50 attack and this Ike is slower and tankier than the regular one (35 def). First hit does 15 then 3, 3 and throw in a Luna because why not. Normally that hit would do 32 damage but since it's reduced by 80% it goes down to 6.

So in total, Ike would get hit for 27 damage lmao
The new meta.

With Quickened Pulse and Aether.
Boom.

Busaiku

Unless Ike has like 20 Attack and 5 Resistance at 40, and being the most popular character, with a free summon, I don't see how he isn't the new meta.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
So Lyn has great mobility; consistent gray damage; and counters fliers, distant counter users, and blade tome mages. And we're getting her for free! Truly bonkers.

Edit: Also Lucina passively buffs for +3 attack and +6 speed? So pairing her up with Eirika and Delthea would let you buff a melee infantry unit by +12 attack and +10 speed. I'm glad they're giving infantry teams more tools to compete with cavalry and fliers.

Tripon

Think I want Ike or Lyn, but it seems like the one banner where there isn't any bad units to pick from. Might actually wait a day or two to just see characters stat spreads, etc.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So Lyn has great mobility; consistent gray damage; and counters fliers, distant counter users, and blade tome mages. And we're getting her for free! Truly bonkers.

Edit: Also Lucina passively buffs for +3 attack and +6 speed? So pairing her up with Eirika and Delthea would let you buff a melee infantry unit by +12 attack and +10 speed. I'm glad they're giving infantry teams more tools to compete with cavalry and fliers.
Why would Lyn counter mages? Everyone's putting Brave Bow on her.

Not everyone will be picking Lyn for free. I'm going with Brave Lucina, even though Brave Ike and Brave Lyn are arguably superior.

Raven Tome Mages will still shut down Brave Lyn if she uses Sacae's Blessing in the B slot. I don't expect people to use Cancel Affinity 3 on her, because the ability to stop Distant Counter is too powerful to give up. Her regular bow isn't even strong enough to kill bulky DC Heroes anyway. Switching to Brave Bow could shut them down, but then Brave Lyn can't deal with buffed Mages anymore.

Brave Ike is amazing, but he will need Distant Counter. Whales will have no problem getting it, especially since Hector will be a focus during this period. Those of us who are F2P may not be so lucky.

I will probably have over 200 Orbs by mid-September, and I will really need to find out how I should spend them. Or if I should actually just save. Decisions, decisions...

Kenai

Her base bow seems like a solid weapon for that reason alone since mages are pretty popular (and dragons aren't that bad either). Brave Bow probably wins more matches in general but a lot of Horse Emblem is pretty low on Res iirc.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member

Certainly brave bow Lyn is gonna be great for PVE. But being able to counter any color blade tome is bound to be a pretty valuable niche for Arena Assault where cavalry mage teams are common. And if her Resistance is decently high like her regular variant she'll probably be a viable Reinhardt counter as well in a pinch.

Ninferno

Not everyone will be picking Lyn for free. I'm going with Brave Lucina, even though Brave Ike and Brave Lyn are arguably superior.

That's of course true, but many players (I dare say it is actually most of the players) like me who don't care about these "favorite characters" enough will just go with Lyn solely for gameplay reasons. Not because I like her the most, but because how unfair the design choices (movement type, weapon, skills) among the four are. Not only that, Lyn has the huge advantage of being colorless so people can utilize the free pick chance to completely avoid the colorless hell.

I don't like unfair games at all but we have to accept the reality. You can play one of such extremely unfair games very soon which is the coming VG, because this hugely balance-disrupting CYL is going to turn this seemingly "matches between the most popular" into one-way massacres.

Top Bottom