• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

I refuse to waste skills on units with sub-optimal stats. I'll keep Hector level 1 for the gauntlet and hope RNGesus gives me another Hector with better IVs.

Damn, that's your only Hector. I have Red Lucina with +RES/-ATK, and I still haven't leveled her up. I've been using Masked Marth, but she still doesn't have skills on her.

I'm on a long term mission to replace/merge Red Lucina with a decent nature.

I can't really mess with the Block B banner at this time, and my free pulls have been a bust. Won't make any real moves until I've chosen Brave Lucina and gained a few more Orbs.

This game hates me, I'm sure of it. 3 months ago during the heroes festival I spent more than 250 orbs on the heroes festival banner without getting a single 5 stars and now on the sacred stones banner I spent 250 orbs and only getting 2 5 stars which are Peri who is useless and Azura who I already have.

This game. Edit : Ok I've got my first Reinhardt that's great and directly after that, the second one lol

Thoughts on who will win this gauntlet?

Ike because I'm on his side

spiritfox

I wonder if the actual game itself affected the popularity of the heroes. I can see Hector becoming more popular, and Lyn and Camilla maybe taking a hit cause they're not as good unit wise as Hector or Ike.

Lucina might win lol.

Lucina, maybe Ike. Hector as a distant third chance, if only because he's still great in game and has been in the rotation since the start, meaning there are more hectors than Ike's.

Final will be Lucina Vs Ike at any rate. I still don't think the cyl vote is going to end up being representative of the entire fire emblem audience

Ninferno

I can't tell but I will say predicting the popular vote in VG solely based on CYL will be very inaccurate. We need to factor in facts like Ike (ver. PoR) accounts for 38% of the PoR votes, Lyn 31% of the Blazing votes, Roy 40% of the Binding votes, but Lucina only accounts for 13.7% of the Awakening vote in CYL. There were Tharjas, Chroms, Cordelias, and even Camillas and Corrins from Fates to split Lucina's 3DS base in CYL. Writing her completely off because of her trailing Ike and Lyn for a few thousand votes in CYL will be a negligence. Had her faced those two one-on-one, things could have turned out differently, but who really knows.

And that's just the popular vote; we all know VG isn't only about "popularity", there are feather hunters and bandwagon hoppers which can skew the results either way. And then there are multipliers. Note that the contestants here are all fairly popular and the gaps between them aren't as big so the multipliers are definitely capable of causing upsets, so who really knows. #HectorCouldWin

Anyway, this VG is at least interesting in the sense that it is really unpredictable. It could literally go every way possible, like I wouldn't be surprise if it turns out to be a self-fulfilling prophecy with people jumping on Ike/Lyn bandwagons (their more prominent placements in the banner image helps too because publicity matters), or the 3DS crowd continues to remind us who the boss is now with Tharja/Camilla voters joining Lucina after they supposedly lose.

Roman

Finally, after such a long wait:

image.png

The Hector I sacrificed was +Atk -Def so this was particularly painful, but I have four more Effies, one of which is +Atk -Spd and she's going to be a core of my team.

Anyway, this VG is at least interesting in the sense that it is really unpredictable.

It really isn't. Lucina will win, there's a small chance Ike will take it, but because Lucina has been in the games in since day 1, there will be far more Lucina units and therefore people picking her team than Ike's. If by some twist of fate hector beats Ike, he will be absolutely murdered by Lucina.
#HectorCan'tWin

Alkez

New OT!

CYL banner seems great. Seems most are on Lyn, as am I. I'll probably go for Lucina with regular pulls.

Free pulls on the VG banners were trash. Did one more pull on the female banner as I had two reds and got attack up Res down Caeda which was cool as I dont have her and it's a good nature.

Ninferno

Finally, after such a long wait:

The Hector I sacrificed was +Atk -Def so this was particularly painful, but I have four more Effies, one of which is +Atk -Spd and she's going to be a core of my team.

Congrats. That's one fine arena scoring beast, plus other things of course. I would have done the same (except DC of course, I only have one Hector) myself had I got a +ATK/DEF -SPD Effie. All the 5 Effies I have are either -ATK or -DEF, so still waiting for a proper one for my long term AA 1st team.

Ninferno

It really isn't. Lucina will win, there's a small chance Ike will take it, but because Lucina has been in the games in since day 1, there will be far more Lucina units and therefore people picking her team than Ike's. If by some twist of fate hector beats Ike, he will be absolutely murdered by Lucina.
#HectorCan'tWin

Accessibility is definitely a factor but we don't know how big an impact it has; there are still people to this day who are not aware of that 10% bonus. Also, Ike was just featured in the Hero Fest, whose "lucrative" 5% had certainly attracted some people like me. So I'm not even sure if Lucina has that much an edge in terms of accessibility.

"Ok one last pull on summer banner Corrin or Elise please..."

#BlessedImage

+DEF, -HP . She won't be replacing my neutral nature Nino but I still wanted to have another reliable green mage. Now to decide if I'm going to hold my orbs till CYLs banner or do one last pull for the Sacred Stones banner.

phew

Only took 30 orbs but I got a distant counter, I mean Hector. Was hoping for one better than the one I have (+Spd/-Def) but this one is +HP/-Atk. Think I'll let Ike eat this most recent one.

If the CYL brave units are gonna be a month long banner I'm liking my odds of walking away with Ike and free Lyn.

Wiseblade

I am going in HARD on the CYL banner. Chances are the free summon will have a neutral nature so I'll be pulling for the chance to get something more beneficial.

Draxal

men side free first pull got a roy five star.

women side free first pull got a soren five star (no reds qq).

Did roy just ntr ike?

As for the gauntlet, i'm expecting lucina or lyn to win.

Firemind

Wait does Roy's special cooldown go up or down? Me no good english

Also did he get screwed AGAIN by having Galeforce instead of a unique skill?

Wait does Roy's special cooldown go up or down? Me no good english

Also did he get screwed AGAIN by having Galeforce instead of a unique skill?

Galeforce + Heavy Blade is what all the whales use to make crazy strats. If he gets into a fight and doubles an opponent that hits back Galeforce is already up and he can go mess up something else immediately.

champloo

he gets Heavy Blade.built in his weapon, means he can run an A skill. Roy might be the strongest standalone unit on this banner

Wichu

"Oh boy, the red stones are going to have a crazy 5* rate!"

only blue and colourless stones

FML

I guess I can use this stupid Gordin for Brave Bow-ing up Lyn later?

Firemind

Galeforce + Heavy Blade is what all the whales use to make crazy strats. If he gets into a fight and doubles an opponent that hits back Galeforce is already up and he can go mess up something else immediately.
Yeah but I could have just used SI to make him inherit galeforce. Would rather have had a cool new skill.

redcrayon

What do people think is a strong counter to Lyn? Mage with high defence and Cecelia's tome that grants advantage vs colourless?

Wichu

What do people think is a strong counter to Lyn? Mage with high defence and Cecelia's tome that grants advantage vs colourless?

Yeah. Triangle Adept and/or Bowbreaker too. M!Robin's tome and Henry's tome do the same thing in blue and red respectively. Here's who I've got waiting in the wings:

M!Robin +Atk/-Res
Blárraven+
Draw Back
Bonfire
Triangle Adept 3
Quick Riposte 3
Spur Def 3
Speed +1

Can't wait to take 0 damage from Lyn and one-shot her back.

What are the characters that I can throw away without consequences ? (characters who have even useless skills) My roster is full...

Rutger

Banned
The CYL characters are cool, IS giving one away for free is really surprising.

I guess I'll go for Lyn as my free pick, then pull for Roy. I started playing late so I missed Xander, this will finally let me setup a horse team. If I'm somehow lucky enough to get a good Roy quickly I can try for Ike.

Plans may change when we find out their stats though.

Firemind

Also, Draxal, you were on point for predicting Roy would get a better Durandal. Glad he still keeps the lore whereas Lucina with a Lance doesn't even make sense. Lucina is the worst.

Also, Draxal, you were on point for predicting Roy would get a better Durandal. Glad he still keeps the lore whereas Lucina with a Lance doesn't even make sense. Lucina is the worst.

...?

She's in her great lord costume... in Awakening, the Great Lord class gains the ability to use lances.

I definitely saw before the announcements predictions that Ike would get Urvan, Lyn would get a Bow, Roy a Sword, and Lucina a Lance at any rate.

How?

Great Lord uses lances. I mean yea maybe 'lore wise' she wouldn't use a lance if she went Great Lord but doesn't mean they had to keep her using a sword when they can use lances too.

Firemind

She's in her great lord costume... in Awakening, the Great Lord class gains the ability to use lances.
In those games, everyone can become any class. I'd rather have them choose a less popular character than having ten different variations of a popular character.

But this is CYH so can't be helped.

In those games, everyone can become any class. I'd rather have them choose a less popular character than having ten different variations of a popular character.

But this is CYH so can't be helped.

No, they can't. Did you even play awakening? That's only true for Robin/Morgan.

... and great lord is the promoted version of her default class. And only Lucina and Chrom can get to Great Lord anyway in awakening. It's exclusive to those two.

Main account:

Men's: Cherche, then I sniped two more greens and got Batre and Camilla 4*.

Women's: Frederick

25 orbs remaining

Alt Account:

Men's: 3* green I can't even remember, the other green orb had +hp/-Res Julia that I'll just merge to my other off banner Julia. Rolled again and got 3 greens and the second green had a +Spd/-def Hector. First Hector on this account. So 13 orbs got me Julia and Hector!

Women's: 4 colorless 1 blue, got Serra.

16 orbs remaining.

I really want a second Hector on my main account to make a DC Camilla.

Top Bottom